PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Kentucky tomorrow for FEMA hope i am home for Christmas this deployment

99jc
12-12-2021, 09:45 PM
is taking a toll. I believe it contributed for my totaling out a rental vehicle in Hollandale coming home from HURRICANE IDA! Hail State! Starkvegasdawg nothing personal but every time you post a weather event, they send my ass out! please post less***

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 09:52 PM
Damn 99. I'm thankful for folks like you sir. God Speed Soldier.

RocketDawg
12-12-2021, 10:07 PM
One of my golf buddies will be there with Samaritan's Purse.

preachermatt83
12-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Praying for ya brother. Be safe and thanks for your service

starkvegasdawg
12-12-2021, 10:58 PM
is taking a toll. I believe it contributed for my totaling out a rental vehicle in Hollandale coming home from HURRICANE IDA! Hail State! Starkvegasdawg nothing personal but every time you post a weather event, they send my ass out! please post less***

Sorry. Hopefully things will calm down for the winter season and give you a break until next spring. I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at the models since last Friday. Just know it's never good when it's 75 in December.

Dawg_Lover
12-13-2021, 11:30 AM
Thank you for all you do. And, let us know how you are doing from time to time. And, for goodness sake, travel safe this time. * 😐
May God bless and protect you.

RougeDawg
12-13-2021, 09:20 PM
Sorry. Hopefully things will calm down for the winter season and give you a break until next spring. I'll be honest, I haven't even looked at the models since last Friday. Just know it's never good when it's 75 in December.

Hate to break some bad news I heard a weather expert say today. He predicted Ida intensity and was within 50 miles of landfall at around 7 days out. From WeatherBell.com.

He said the current jet stream and warmer gulf are setting us up for a rare January, early February, of outbreaks but hopes he was wrong. The current setup is staged to keep pulling warm, humid air up from the tropics that will be sitting for the cold fronts.

NOAA has been predicting this setup for about 6-8 months as well in their long term forecasts. Maybe it won’t be as bad. Time will tell.

starkvegasdawg
12-13-2021, 09:26 PM
Hate to break some bad news I heard a weather expert say today. He predicted Ida intensity and was within 50 miles of landfall at around 7 days out. From WeatherBell.com.

He said the current jet stream and warmer gulf are setting us up for a rare January, early February, of outbreaks but hopes he was wrong. The current setup is staged to keep pulling warm, humid air up from the tropics that will be sitting for the cold fronts.

NOAA has been predicting this setup for about 6-8 months as well in their long term forecasts. Maybe it won’t be as bad. Time will tell.

We're in a La Ni?a pattern which favors warmer winters in the South and that can mean active severe weather springs, but that's not etched in stone. Not saying it won't happen but don't listen to anybody predicting severe weather or snow storms month in advance. It's all nothing more than taking one small bit of climatological history and adding some drama in and then throwing the shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.

parabrave
12-14-2021, 12:30 AM

Just looked at the way out GFS forecast and it show North Miss and Tenn, KY to get blasted with TSHwrs Christmas and the 26th.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2021121400/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_46.png

ImissCityBagel
12-14-2021, 12:32 AM
Hooah. Scoop up some good bourbon. Also get good bourbon at the BX/PX.

Dawg_Lover
12-14-2021, 02:55 PM
Just looked at the way out GFS forecast and it show North Miss and Tenn, KY to get blasted with TSHwrs Christmas and the 26th.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2021121400/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_46.png

Hoping that does not happen, or I will not be able to travel from N MS to my sons home in Brandon. Do not mind staying home, if I have to, but do not like the idea of more possible bad storms & damage on Christmas. Too many have too much to deal with as it is. Will pray for decent weather for all. As SVD says, we will just have to wait to know more.

starkvegasdawg
12-14-2021, 03:16 PM
Hoping that does not happen, or I will not be able to travel from N MS to my sons home in Brandon. Do not mind staying home, if I have to, but do not like the idea of more possible bad storms & damage on Christmas. Too many have too much to deal with as it is. Will pray for decent weather for all. As SVD says, we will just have to wait to know more.

And to that end the morning run of the gfs was much more subdued on the severe threat around Christmas. Just too far out to get a good fix on things now.