PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys/Washington

State82
12-12-2021, 01:42 PM
Sound is off in the bar. Anybody know why Dallas went for 2 in the first quarter?

magrooder
12-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Sound is off in the bar. Anybody know why Dallas went for 2 in the first quarter?

Had a roughing the passer penalty on the TD and just took advantage of the field positioning after the penalty.

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2021, 01:53 PM
WooHoo Murtz !!

State82
12-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Oh ok. Gotcha

Dawg_Lover
12-12-2021, 02:12 PM
When, as a kid, while listening to Jack Cristil call games, on the radio, I mistakenly thought he was saying Woohoo Murtz, instead of WooHoo Mercy. LOL, still think of it that way .... Loved Jack!

DownwardDawg
12-12-2021, 02:45 PM
When, as a kid, while listening to Jack Cristil call games, on the radio, I mistakenly thought he was saying Woohoo Murtz, instead of WooHoo Mercy. LOL, still think of it that way .... Loved Jack!

That was USM announcer. Not Jack. Bill Goodrich I believe.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 04:15 PM
This is total suck

parabrave
12-12-2021, 04:16 PM
Dam Boys

parabrave
12-12-2021, 04:19 PM
ANd WTF are the Boys passing for.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 04:20 PM
I haven't seen a team try as hard to blow a game in a while

Leeshouldveflanked
12-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Dak is WFT best player today

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2021, 04:25 PM
The pro wrestling style, pre-determined outcome, NFL conspiracy people are going to love this game.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Well Dallas sucked hard but saved by the bell..

parabrave
12-12-2021, 04:28 PM
I haven't seen a team try as hard to blow a game in a while

You did watch the mens BB game yesterday?

BeardoMSU
12-12-2021, 04:50 PM
Dak was dreadful today. That might've been his worst game as a pro...definitely top 3. I honestly can't remember seeing him play that poorly. It doesn't help either that play calling was absolute shit...The first bootleg I saw was when Dak threw that pick-6, lol. They refused to throw down field. It was mostly runs up the middle and screen passes, neither of which were very effective.

That all being said, they still won. Defense is finally healthy, and that pass-rush is terrifying. Dak and Kellum really need to get their shit together because the offense has been a sputtering mess for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Fortunate for Dallas, 3/4 of their remaining games are against the NFCEast, so there's plenty of time to locate their scrotums.

Hypnodawg
12-12-2021, 05:45 PM
Can anyone explain to me on the personal foul while it was 3rd and 23 instead of first and 10. They ruled it a catch which was for a first down and then after the play was the personal foul. So a dead ball foul between a fresh set of downs should be first and 10.

dawgoneyall
12-12-2021, 05:48 PM

And for a while for the fainting goats. That is were I first heard it.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2021, 05:48 PM
Can anyone explain to me on the personal foul while it was 3rd and 23 instead of first and 10. They ruled it a catch which was for a first down and then after the play was the personal foul. So a dead ball foul between a fresh set of downs should be first and 10.

I wondered the same thing. It was a completion, despite the off-sides. Then the personal foul came after. Should've been 1st and 10, but backed up 15 yards. Makes no damn sense.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 06:10 PM
I wondered the same thing. It was a completion, despite the off-sides. Then the personal foul came after. Should've been 1st and 10, but backed up 15 yards. Makes no damn sense.

This is an example of a PF penalty after the play having unjustified double power

parabrave
12-12-2021, 06:51 PM

If you're talking about the PF on the Dallas DB in the 4th they ruled it a incomplete pass but did keep the PF. He hit the receiver 5 yards OOB.

parabrave
12-12-2021, 06:55 PM
Dak was dreadful today. That might've been his worst game as a pro...definitely top 3. I honestly can't remember seeing him play that poorly. It doesn't help either that play calling was absolute shit...The first bootleg I saw was when Dak threw that pick-6, lol. They refused to throw down field. It was mostly runs up the middle and screen passes, neither of which were very effective.

That all being said, they still won. Defense is finally healthy, and that pass-rush is terrifying. Dak and Kellum really need to get their shit together because the offense has been a sputtering mess for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Fortunate for Dallas, 3/4 of their remaining games are against the NFCEast, so there's plenty of time to locate their scrotums.

The playcalling has gotten stale and predictable, maybe why Rogers wanted him gone. Plus Elliott and Dak are playing Hurt and Pollard is out. But ever since Dak got back he and the Boys haven't been in Sync.

tcdog70
12-12-2021, 07:10 PM

Actually, Bill was the Reb announcer when he started that call.

State82
12-12-2021, 07:24 PM
The Dallas offense is a complete Charlie Foxtrot and that includes Dak. I pull for Dallas ALMOST like I do for MSU. Not that close but still. They need to get their shit in gear. They are no where close to being near the top in the NFC.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2021, 07:58 PM
If you're talking about the PF on the Dallas DB in the 4th they ruled it a incomplete pass but did keep the PF. He hit the receiver 5 yards OOB.

Well, the side judge called catch, and they never really came back to it or explained otherwise. Hence the confusion from folks.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2021, 07:59 PM
The playcalling has gotten stale and predictable, maybe why Rogers wanted him gone. Plus Elliott and Dak are playing Hurt and Pollard is out. But ever since Dak got back he and the Boys haven't been in Sync.

Supposedly, Moore has autonomy on the play calling, outside of a few big moments, obviously (e.g., going for it on 4th). But if them getting too conservative is because Mike is dipping his toes in is the explanation, I wouldn't be surprised.

MoreCowbell
12-12-2021, 08:11 PM
I do not want to speculate but I feel like Dak is dealing with some off the field personal stuff. His injury coincided with his grandmother’s passing and wonder if it has contributed to his play. He just does not seem like his self. Body language, technique, skiddish in pocket and just seems off.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 08:22 PM
I do not want to speculate but I feel like Dak is dealing with some off the field personal stuff. His injury coincided with his grandmother?s passing and wonder if it has contributed to his play. He just does not seem like his self. Body language, technique, skiddish in pocket and just seems off.

His field vision is sucking along with his confidence it appears.

RocketDawg
12-12-2021, 09:26 PM
The pro wrestling style, pre-determined outcome, NFL conspiracy people are going to love this game.

There are an awful lot of big score comebacks, so the conspiracy is supported. Buffalo had one against the Bucs, went to OT, and of course, Brady pulled off the win. That's at least two today. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers game goes tonight. Very rarely is there an NFL blowout.

RocketDawg
12-12-2021, 09:29 PM

You summed it up quite well. Dallas and Dak are not the same since he injured his calf muscle a few weeks ago. The defense played well for most of the game, but either got worn out or overconfident and almost blew what seemed to be a sure win.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 09:41 PM
I think Dak's health may be limiting him in his running game. There were lanes unused today. A QB like Dak needs that option.

parabrave
12-12-2021, 10:16 PM
I think Dak's health may be limiting him in his running game. There were lanes unused today. A QB like Dak needs that option.

His Calf is still bothering him and might be worse than they are letting on. He is not trying for deep passes and his control is sucking, IE his 1st int was 3 yards above the receivers head. So he might have other physical issues. Heck the announcers were saying that EE should be still be out and that Dak came back too soon.

Bothrops
12-13-2021, 12:03 AM
Too much money, party, and pampering in that organization.

Dawg_Lover
12-13-2021, 12:32 PM

You are right! Wow, I guess my ancient memories melded together somewhere back in time.
Back in the 50s & 60s, other than attending a game, your only other option most times was to try to find it on the radio. Sometimes it would be a broadcast, by the opposing team, but you did not care because at least you were listening to it.
Sometimes I would be visiting my Grandaddy, on a fall Saturday afternoon, when he would be watching a baseball game on TV, while simultaneously listening to the State football game on the radio. Also, when the pecans were falling, he would drive his car under his trees, roll down the windows, turn the radio up loud, and we would pick up pecans, while listening to the game.
Forgive this aging person for going on a nostalgic journey. For me, it was good times.

Dawg_Lover
12-13-2021, 12:41 PM

Meant to include this, from the MS Sports Hall of Fame ....
https://msfame.com/5279/

OLJWales
12-13-2021, 12:43 PM
You are right! Wow, I guess my ancient memories melded together somewhere back in time.
Back in the 50s & 60s, other than attending a game, your only other option most times was to try to find it on the radio. Sometimes it would be a broadcast, by the opposing team, but you did not care because at least you were listening to it.
Sometimes I would be visiting my Grandaddy, on a fall Saturday afternoon, when he would be watching a baseball game on TV, while simultaneously listening to the State football game on the radio. Also, when the pecans were falling, he would drive his car under his trees, roll down the windows, turn the radio up loud, and we would pick up pecans, while listening to the game.
Forgive this aging person for going on a nostalgic journey. For me, it was good times.

Love them old time stories. Every time I spend a ton for pecans I flash back to my childhood neighborhoods where they were free pickings everywhere.

PCHSDawg
12-13-2021, 04:55 PM
Love them old time stories. Every time I spend a ton for pecans I flash back to my childhood neighborhoods where they were free pickings everywhere.
Ever find yourself in extreme north Perry County this time of year holler, I have several trees at the bottom of my hill.

OLJWales
12-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Ever find yourself in extreme north Perry County this time of year holler, I have several trees at the bottom of my hill.

Mighty kind sir. Preshate that.

parabrave
12-13-2021, 06:07 PM
every talkie is Bashing Dak today.