PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Vs Mississippi AllStar game............

basedog
12-12-2021, 08:42 AM
Saw where once again Bama High School stars beat Mississippi 20-0 in Hattiesburg yesterday. Is there any doubt how much better Bama produces and plays better football than Mississippi? Not even close overall, they have dominated this game. I realize they have almost twice the population, but you would think choosing say 35 or 40 players for each squad it would at least be even!

Leeshouldveflanked
12-12-2021, 08:51 AM
High Schools in Alabama overall have a lot better coaching than Mississippi. Georgia High Schools probably have the best. But Mississippi was whipped on both sides of the line yesterday.

msstate7
12-12-2021, 08:52 AM
Is there a big difference in the coaching level? Perhaps their guys are coached up more by the time they're seniors

msstate7
12-12-2021, 08:53 AM
High Schools in Alabama overall have a lot better coaching than Mississippi. Georgia High Schools probably have the best. But Mississippi was whipped on both sides of the line yesterday.

Sorta what I figured

Cooterpoot
12-12-2021, 09:01 AM
AL has double the kids of MS. Give us their population, and it would be pretty even every year. Assuming we removed the obvious politics involved

MetEdDawg
12-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Defense this year in Alabama was ridiculous. The number of ridiculously high quality athletes in Alabama was really high.

This year the state of Alabama has 13 recruits rated 90 or above on the 24/7 composite. 9 of them are on defense and 5-6 of those defense guys are either committed to Bama or likely to commit to Bama.

And next year, there's currently 16 players in Alabama rated 90 or above on the 24/7 composite. State of MS currently has 3.

msstate7
12-12-2021, 09:05 AM
Defense this year in Alabama was ridiculous. The number of ridiculously high quality athletes in Alabama was really high.

This year the state of Alabama has 13 recruits rated 90 or above on the 24/7 composite. 9 of them are on defense and 5-6 of those defense guys are either committed to Bama or likely to commit to Bama.

And next year, there's currently 16 players in Alabama rated 90 or above on the 24/7 composite. State of MS currently has 3.

Wow. I would think that makes AL the most talented state per capita right now and next season

preachermatt83
12-12-2021, 09:18 AM
Before this year hasn’t Mississippi won like the last 2 or 3 ?

confucius say
12-12-2021, 09:18 AM
Well AL has kids playing that are private school kids, including the OL committed to us.
If we threw in our 10-12 D1 kids from MAIS schools it would help.

bulldawg28
12-12-2021, 09:24 AM
AL has double the kids of MS. Give us their population, and it would be pretty even every year. Assuming we removed the obvious politics involved

Even still the coaching in Alabama is night and day. They're way more advanced with trainings, programs, etc.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Well AL has kids playing that are private school kids, including the OL committed to us.

St. Paul's plays public school ball. Think of them like St. Andrews or St. Patrick in MS.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2021, 09:25 AM
Even still the coaching in Alabama is night and day. They're way more advanced with trainings, programs, etc.

No it's not. They just have numbers and more money. It's a socioeconomic issue as much as anything.

ZedFedder
12-12-2021, 09:28 AM
MS has really done well the last few years. Per capita, MS is better.

confucius say
12-12-2021, 09:32 AM
St. Paul's plays public school ball. Think of them like St. Andrews or St. Patrick in MS.

I wish the private schools that use to play mhsaa still did.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2021, 09:44 AM

No theyre not.

This was a down year of seniors in MS offensively the best QB in the state did not even play in the game.

MS had won 3 in a row going into yesterday.

I would take MS coaches everyday of the week. All this MS teams dont throw the ball and MS teams arent advanced is a myth. Nobody is running the wing T or notre dame box in 6A ball. The smaller levels sure but its the same way in Alabama. Its year to year as far as talent produced. Its not night and day at any level. For the longest time we always played the game in Alabama which was never fair. Yesterday was the first time Alabama won in MS.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2021, 09:47 AM

I hate to tell yall but MRA, Prep, Hartfield, JA PCHS would struggle to survive a 6A schedule.

Greenville Christian got transfers from Greenwood and Greenville Wetson, 2 teams that are not usually powers and they beat everyone like a drum. They beat Oak Grove and deserve credit for that but if they had to play a team like OG or similar to them every week they would not make it. Too many going both ways and the staffs are not close

bulldawg28
12-12-2021, 09:56 AM
No theyre not.

This was a down year of seniors in MS offensively the best QB in the state did not even play in the game.

MS had won 3 in a row going into yesterday.

I would take MS coaches everyday of the week. All this MS teams dont throw the ball and MS teams arent advanced is a myth. Nobody is running the wing T or notre dame box in 6A ball. The smaller levels sure but its the same way in Alabama. Its year to year as far as talent produced. Its not night and day at any level. For the longest time we always played the game in Alabama which was never fair. Yesterday was the first time Alabama won in MS.

You're taking 3 years and comparing to the history of the game. It's not even close. Alabama has dominated Mississippi. Don't get offended because you're a coach in Mississippi. Football in Alabama is on another level from parents, communities, even the women live and breath football. It's a real commitment to the sport in Alabama

MetEdDawg
12-12-2021, 10:27 AM
You're taking 3 years and comparing to the history of the game. It's not even close. Alabama has dominated Mississippi. Don't get offended because you're a coach in Mississippi. Football in Alabama is on another level from parents, communities, even the women live and breath football. It's a real commitment to the sport in Alabama

And this is part of what it means culturally for us to be continually behind the schools in the state of Alabama. It begins in high school. The schools, especially the more successful ones in 7A, have made athletics a priority. Facility funding, exposure, development, etc. It's a different level here in Alabama and that continually plays itself out on the field.

The talent development is probably the biggest piece to me. How often did this board talk about Mullen finding great diamonds in the rough that were underdeveloped? Or how we are a developmental program that relies on redshirting and having our biggest success years when we have a lot of juniors and seniors? The reason for that is because the depth of college ready talent in the state if MS just isn't there year in and year out.

Alabama high schools are paying big bucks to top tier coaches. The number of coaches making above $100,000 is ridiculous. And they are shelling that out to get results and are doing other things to ensure success. Mississippi isn't making that type of commitment to coaches right now. Sure on the lower tier from 1A through 5A they are probably comparable. But when you get into 6A and 7A ball in Alabama, the pay gap really shows itself. And the facilities and local marketing have distanced themselves too.

basedog
12-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Like I said when I posted this thread, it's obvious regardless of the reasons. If Mississippi would get the teachers' pay level up, it would help, but we are so behind in many things, it's just a fact but in saying this, I Love Mississippi.

Btw, talent wins over coaching in all-star games.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2021, 10:52 AM
Im not offended haha im just telling you the truth. Pay is determined by the school district not the entire state. I know for a fact that Hoovers HC tried like hell to get the Madison Central job this past offseason. I would agree that the media and high schools in MS could promote it more. Bo bounds does an awful job on HS football.

As far as the game goes like I said, We did not have a lot of senior offensive skill talent and Bray Hubbard did not even play in the game. MS is fine.

MetEdDawg
12-12-2021, 10:59 AM
Im not offended haha im just telling you the truth. Pay is determined by the school district not the entire state. I know for a fact that Hoovers HC tried like hell to get the Madison Central job this past offseason. I would agree that the media and high schools in MS could promote it more. Bo bounds does an awful job on HS football.

As far as the game goes like I said, We did not have a lot of senior offensive skill talent and Bray Hubbard did not even play in the game. MS is fine.

Well Niblett just left Hoover. But here's the kicker. He got his 25 years in the state of Alabama. So he's leaving the state to draw retirement AND get paid a coaching salary in Gainesville, GA.

So he was looking because he could draw retirement in AL and get paid to coach still. Which is ultimately what he did on Friday.

AROB44
12-12-2021, 11:54 AM
I would rather have a 3 star from Alabama over a 4 star from Mississippi anytime.

confucius say
12-12-2021, 11:55 AM
I hate to tell yall but MRA, Prep, Hartfield, JA PCHS would struggle to survive a 6A schedule.

Greenville Christian got transfers from Greenwood and Greenville Wetson, 2 teams that are not usually powers and they beat everyone like a drum. They beat Oak Grove and deserve credit for that but if they had to play a team like OG or similar to them every week they would not make it. Too many going both ways and the staffs are not close

Well yea but mra is the size of a 3A school. Graduating classes are about 80 kids.
And they'd compete for 3A every year. Prob win it the last 3 years.

Same for GC on a 1A scale

confucius say
12-12-2021, 11:57 AM
I would rather have a 3 star from Alabama over a 4 star from Mississippi anytime.

This is ridiculous.

MetEdDawg
12-12-2021, 12:52 PM
This is ridiculous.

Go look at the data before you call this ridiculous. Let's look at the 2018 4 stars from MS:

Malik Heath
Kwatrivious Johnson
Fabian Franklin
Jaden Crumedy

This first of all should highlight the difference between Alabama and Mississippi because those were the 4 highest rated in state players that year.

Let's look at some Alabama 3 stars from that year:

Nathaniel Watson
Roger McCreary
Evan McPherson

So to say that's absolutely ridiculous is a stretch. Now there's plenty of 3 stars in Alabama that didn't pan out. But go look at the number of 4 star busts in MS over the last decade amd be amazed because there are unfortunately quite a few of them.

coachnorm
12-12-2021, 01:26 PM
I have noticed from a national perspective that fewer upper tiered seniors are playing in post season all star games. I believe that the seniors might be instructed to not play by either their future committed to schools or even their current high schools for injury protection. It has been obvious that fewer of the upper tiered high school players have been participating in these types of games. If this is the case how do you compare the results of a single game? Maybe things might be scewed a little different in Alabama-Mississippi than other parts of the country. Maybe a fellow elitedogger could school me up on my comments?

Coursesuper
12-12-2021, 01:37 PM
Well yea but mra is the size of a 3A school. Graduating classes are about 80 kids.
And they'd compete for 3A every year. Prob win it the last 3 years.

Same for GC on a 1A scale

How many kids total is the number that counts. So how many total 10-12?

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 03:07 PM

I don't think that based on what I've seen and read over the years. Too much of a blanket statement.

confucius say
12-12-2021, 03:32 PM
How many kids total is the number that counts. So how many total 10-12?

225ish in grades 10-12.

confucius say
12-12-2021, 03:35 PM
Go look at the data before you call this ridiculous. Let's look at the 2018 4 stars from MS:

Malik Heath
Kwatrivious Johnson
Fabian Franklin
Jaden Crumedy

This first of all should highlight the difference between Alabama and Mississippi because those were the 4 highest rated in state players that year.

Let's look at some Alabama 3 stars from that year:

Nathaniel Watson
Roger McCreary
Evan McPherson

So to say that's absolutely ridiculous is a stretch. Now there's plenty of 3 stars in Alabama that didn't pan out. But go look at the number of 4 star busts in MS over the last decade amd be amazed because there are unfortunately quite a few of them.

In a vacuum sure. But too broad a brush. I can point out thousands of 3 stars from AL who couldn't hold fletcher cox's jockstrap.

Todd4State
12-12-2021, 04:40 PM

Based on the enrollment of those schools they wouldn't be 6A anyway. That would be like me saying that Scott Central wouldn't survive in 6A.

In an All Star situation the classification of the player's school is moot. There are good players at all levels of football in Mississippi.

If Mississippi added Stone Blanton, Wesley Miller, Dakota Jordan, Chris Bell, and etc. there is no question that Mississippi would have a better chance of winning that game.

confucius say
12-12-2021, 04:53 PM
And add Davis Dalton and the qb and lb from GC.

bulldawg28
12-12-2021, 05:03 PM
The Mississippi team is pure politics. They always leave out good players.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2021, 05:09 PM
Population. Bama has twice the number to chose from.

Coursesuper
12-12-2021, 05:27 PM
225ish in grades 10-12.

Any of the academys would land like St. Stanislaus due to the count that is used for them. More than likely to be 4A.

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2021, 06:22 PM
Based on the enrollment of those schools they wouldn't be 6A anyway. That would be like me saying that Scott Central wouldn't survive in 6A.

In an All Star situation the classification of the player's school is moot. There are good players at all levels of football in Mississippi.

If Mississippi added Stone Blanton, Wesley Miller, Dakota Jordan, Chris Bell, and etc. there is no question that Mississippi would have a better chance of winning that game.

Dillion Johnson was a hell of a player so im not saying that all private school ball is bad, but I am saying if they had to see Scott central Taylorsville, JDC, Tylertown and some others on a consistent basis they would have some problems. Chris Bell is the best WR in the state but the overall best player is at Meridian HS and he wont be a SR for a while

captaindog
12-12-2021, 06:37 PM

I think what he is trying to say is that if we had the ability to add the MAIS players it would consistently be a benefit. Jerrion Ealy from Prep, Eli Acker from Heritage Academy, Stone Blanton from MRA, Dillon Johnson from Greenville St Joe, and Wes Miller from Heritage Academy would all have likely made a difference in the game during their respective seasons. Some came from larger programs and others from small schools.

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 10:48 PM
The Mississippi team is pure politics. They always leave out good players.

you thinK AL does a better job selecting than we do?

Ari Gold
12-12-2021, 11:42 PM

I Agree with this... Coaching as a whole is better in Alabama
Not saying there arent some quality coaches in MS

Bothrops
12-12-2021, 11:56 PM
I watched a little of that pitiful crap. When you have players that care that little about playing in it, cancel the damn thing.

bulldawg28
12-13-2021, 05:17 AM
you thinK AL does a better job selecting than we do?

I think Bama selects there best players.