71. Louisville
101. Morehead st
102. Richmond
105. Furman
141. Winthrop
180. Georgia st

msstate7
12-12-2021, 08:43 AM
Bad news first - we haven't been able to beat the good teams, obviously.

Good news - we're still in decent shape. We have to win our next 3 OOC games though, and then we need to pull for all the "Of note" teams.

The schedule is set up for a tourney team to make a little run here. We need to be 6-1 over our next 7 to stay in good shape Bc these last 2 close losses have taken away wiggle room. Step up, Dawgs

basedog
12-12-2021, 08:51 AM

Good news - we're still in decent shape. We have to win our next 3 OOC games though, and then we need to pull for all the "Of note" teams.

The schedule is set up for a tourney team to make a little run here. We need to be 6-1 over our next 7 to stay in good shape Bc these last 2 close losses have taken away wiggle room. Step up, Dawgs

Looking IFFY, I watched for the first time yesterday, we had some good moments but the last say 5 or 6 minutes was awful. We are missing that "go to guy", I do thik T. Smith may have been the difference in us losing but again we let that game slip away as we have on one loss or two. I think we were a little better on defense and CSU is a decent team, but I do think coaching cost us yesterday. Howland is a nice guy, and our team plays like his personality, too nice, gotta get tougher and more aggressive.

We have a small chance to go dancing, let's up we get hot. Btw, I'm a little disappointed in seeing the transfers, they are ok, but I was hoping for more dominant players, didn't see it.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-12-2021, 09:00 AM
Meh. Basketball at MSU is on life support and fading fast. I really dont know what can be done. Putting lipstick on The Hump isnt the answer.

parabrave
12-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Wow we are way too high/

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 03:26 PM
How any STATE fans could care about these stats at this juncture boggles my mind. Our players remind me of the folks working at the driver's license office.

parabrave
12-12-2021, 03:37 PM
Hey Josey did you go to the game?

OLJWales
12-12-2021, 03:44 PM
Hey Josey did you go to the game?

Unfortunately I did not. Would have done so if life hadn't got in the way.

MoreCowbell
12-12-2021, 03:51 PM
How the hell are we 55? We have not beaten anyone with a pulse and lost every game against anyone with one

parabrave
12-12-2021, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately I did not. Would have done so if life hadn't got in the way.

I was wondering what was their body language in the final 5 mins? Was the team playing as a team with a plan or just 5 guys out there wondering what the hell do I do now look. Cause on the radio thats what we sounded like.

msstate7
12-12-2021, 03:54 PM
How the hell are we 55? We have not beaten anyone with a pulse and lost every game against anyone with one

Richmond and morehead st are decent wins. Could end up good wins.

sleepy dawg
12-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Well first off, 55 is not good. That's a miss on the tournament. We'd probably barely make the NIT with that, depending on other factors. Also, we really need some more games for the rankings to better take shape.

All 3 of our losses were to solid teams and we beat the rest of them. We don't have a good resume, but there isn't anything terrible on our resume either.
UC Irvine is 1 spot ahead of us. They are 5-2. 2 of those teams aren't even division 1 opponents though. We don't have anything like that on our resume. That's basically the same as being 3-2.

msstate7
12-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Well first off, 55 is not good. That's a miss on the tournament. We'd probably barely make the NIT with that, depending on other factors. Also, we really need some more games for the rankings to better take shape.

All 3 of our losses were to solid teams and we beat the rest of them. We don't have a good resume, but there isn't anything terrible on our resume either.
UC Irvine is 1 spot ahead of us. They are 5-2. 2 of those teams aren't even division 1 opponents though. We don't have anything like that on our resume. That's basically the same as being 3-2.

It may not be good, but it certainly isn't a hole at this point

PGHBulldogBG
12-13-2021, 09:36 AM
There is just no margin for error at this point. We need to win 6 or the next 7 to get back in the picture. Arky won?t be a win because we match up bad, but no excuse not to win the other 6 with Ga State, Furman, Winthrop, Missouri, Ole Miss and UGA

OLJWales
12-13-2021, 09:44 AM
Crootin plus transfer plus preseason hype equals Buzz Kill.

msstate7
12-15-2021, 09:21 AM
We jump up to #45 after win last night

trob115
12-15-2021, 10:32 AM
It really sucks that we don't have a win over Minnesota or Colo St. We would easily be in the 30's of the NET rankings. I feel like we will need to be 11-7 in conference to make the tourney.

Coach34
12-15-2021, 10:39 AM
It really sucks that we don't have a win over Minnesota or Colo St. We would easily be in the 30's of the NET rankings. I feel like we will need to be 11-7 in conference to make the tourney.

We go 11-7 and we will be a 4-5 seed

9-9 likely gets us in

RougeDawg
12-15-2021, 11:46 AM
We go 11-7 and we will be a 4-5 seed

9-9 likely gets us in

If we keep giving half ass effort for long stretches a game and go 5-10 minute stretches with zero scoring, we will not get to 9-9. Was thinking that last night watching. Play like last night and we are looking at 7-11 or 6-12.

Play to the ability with some urgency and 12-6 is easily attainable.

Coach34
12-15-2021, 12:04 PM
If we keep giving half ass effort for long stretches a game and go 5-10 minute stretches with zero scoring, we will not get to 9-9. Was thinking that last night watching. Play like last night and we are looking at 7-11 or 6-12.

Play to the ability with some urgency and 12-6 is easily attainable.

For sure. Need more consistent guard play and to keep being physical attacking the basket. This is a dominate the paint team. And thats what we have to do every night

Johnson85
12-15-2021, 12:15 PM
Richmond and morehead st are decent wins. Could end up good wins.

Still wouldn't expect to be 55 after going 0-3 against the top 100. Good that we're in it but sucks that we didn't take advantage of any of those three opportunities to get a better looking win.

msstate7
12-15-2021, 12:19 PM
Still wouldn't expect to be 55 after going 0-3 against the top 100. Good that we're in it but sucks that we didn't take advantage of any of those three opportunities to get a better looking win.

Richmond is top 100 now.

Lunardi has us in the tourney right now

PGHBulldogBG
12-15-2021, 01:45 PM
I don?t really understand how NET works or is calculated but we actually jumped up to 45 after our win last night. I am surprised we would move that high for a quad 4 win. To be fair though all 3 teams we lost to only have 4 combined losses. Minnesota?s loss is to a top 15 team. Our non conference schedule has turned out a lot better than I originally thought and should help us if we are a bubble team

Rawdawg
12-15-2021, 06:32 PM
I don?t really understand how NET works or is calculated but we actually jumped up to 45 after our win last night. I am surprised we would move that high for a quad 4 win. To be fair though all 3 teams we lost to only have 4 combined losses. Minnesota?s loss is to a top 15 team. Our non conference schedule has turned out a lot better than I originally thought and should help us if we are a bubble team

NET is the only number by our name that means anything. If we hang around the 40s until sec play, our net ranking will go up with every sec win and won?t really be effected with any sec losses. The league is that good this year. If I remember right, there hasn?t been an at large team with a net lower than 35-36 miss the tournament.

sleepy dawg
12-16-2021, 01:03 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds72JOCWwAUvPIK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

BiscuitEater
12-17-2021, 07:30 AM

Good news - we're still in decent shape. We have to win our next 3 OOC games ...

We need to be 6-1 over our next 7 to stay in good shape

Didn't Furman beat Louisville? That will be tough without Tolu.

msstate7
12-17-2021, 07:38 AM
Didn't Furman beat Louisville? That will be tough without Tolu.

Yes.

I expect a tough game. Line is us -8.5