PDA

View Full Version : Young wins the Heisman

parabrave
12-11-2021, 10:32 PM
Probably the worst kept secret in Heisman history. And for those of you who wanted extra Vcash Too late. Thanks Scooba

Apoplectic
12-11-2021, 11:55 PM
ED - always keeps me UTD on the latest bammer news

TUSK
12-12-2021, 05:33 AM
ED - always keeps me UTD on the latest bammer news

Well, Apop, if you weren't bitchin' bout Bammer... You wouldn't be a good Bammer Fan, now, would ya?.....

Saltydog
12-12-2021, 11:16 AM
The heisman is an effing joke.......Bryce Young is NOT the best player in the country......Hell, he isn't even the best player on his own team.....

Dak Holliday
12-12-2021, 11:23 AM
Eh, the guy driving the Ferrari beat all the guys driving vettes and strip cars built at home again. Wow. Totally shocked by this result. 😂 😂 😂

parabrave
12-12-2021, 12:38 PM
the most valauble player would be the guy who can win a passing title at Vandy and lead them to 7 wins/

Jack Lambert
12-12-2021, 01:53 PM
Is he a redshirt freshman.

parabrave
12-12-2021, 02:11 PM
The heisman is an effing joke.......Bryce Young is NOT the best player in the country......Hell, he isn't even the best player on his own team.....

The days of John Capelletti and George Rogers are over

coachnorm
12-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Believe it or not, Bryce Young’s achievements are currently being dwarfed by Elijah Brown at Mater Dei High School Football. Last year Brown was the only freshmen to start at quarterback there. This year he led his team to an undefeated season by beating five nationally ranked teams in the USA Today Super 25 which is the final say for national rankings. That sophomore had to beat one of the five twice because of regular season and playoff games. Also that sophomore carved up DFW Duncanville in Texas 45-3 and that game was not even that close. Duncanville will play for a Texas 6A championship this weekend. After suffering in state humiliation to Mater Dei CA, Duncanville has crushed 12 Texas teams including playoffs. Elijah Brown is almost 6ft3in and close to 200 lbs. with cannon for an arm.

If DFW Duncanville signed a home and home contract with Mater Dei, ticket prices will skyrocket in Los Angeles for that game. I hope that Duncanville wins their Division Texas State Championship this weekend and has the courage to commute to Los Angeles and face a possible future Heisman Trophy winner.

Activated Alpha
12-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Believe it or not, Bryce Young’s achievements are currently being dwarfed by Elijah Brown at Mater Dei High School Football. Last year Brown was the only freshmen to start at quarterback there. This year he led his team to an undefeated season by beating five nationally ranked teams in the USA Today Super 25 which is the final say for national rankings. That sophomore had to beat one of the five twice because of regular season and playoff games. Also that sophomore carved up DFW Duncanville in Texas 45-3 and that game was not even that close. Duncanville will play for a Texas 6A championship this weekend. After suffering in state humiliation to Mater Dei CA, Duncanville has crushed 12 Texas teams including playoffs. Elijah Brown is almost 6ft3in and close to 200 lbs. with cannon for an arm.

If DFW Duncanville signed a home and home contract with Mater Dei, ticket prices will skyrocket in Los Angeles for that game. I hope that Duncanville wins their Division Texas State Championship this weekend and has the courage to commute to Los Angeles and face a possible future Heisman Trophy winner.

Recruited by the Confederates.....go figure

Lord McBuckethead
12-12-2021, 02:52 PM

Agreed. This may be the worst Heisman winner I can name.

MoreCowbell
12-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Had he not shown out in UGA game it would have been the most undeserved Heisman since Troy Smith

coachnorm
12-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Recruited by the Confederates.....go figure

Back in the transition from Croom and Mullen I came to Starkville to attend a Mississippi State game. At that time I was a USC football supporter, correction Pete Carroll fan. Also I was an assistant coach at Southwestern JUCO. When at Southwestern, I would get out to Starkville during weeks 11 and 12 because the JUCO season was complete; we had 10 and not 12 game seasons. If we had a bye week in season, I would call Mjoelner34 if Mississippi State had a home game. If so, I would fly out from San Diego to be one with the Bulldog faithful.

Back then, I would wear USC attire and swap hats with Bulldog backers in Starkville. Mjoelner34 and I went to Restaurant Tyler after a game and an individual named Greg Byrne approached me and welcomed an out of towner wearing USC attire. Mjoelner34 explained, to me, who he was. I learned that Byrne had deep west coast connections and had lived in San Diego briefly.

While in conversation, I told Byrne about a player at Southwestern College named Aaron Harris. Harris was a running back who holds the rushing record at Granite Hills High School and Southwestern College. Harris was as good a pass receiver as running back. To this day I believe that Harris would have started as a slot receiver at Miss St., at that time, and possibly second string as a back. Harris broke his shoulder in week 10 JUCO and hid his injury during that game. Harris went to surgery the following week. He was too aggressive in rehab and reinjured himself in the weight room to the point he had to take an injury red shirt. I told Byrne this and he gave me his preferred email address to assure we could communicate in the future. I gave Harris’s email and phone number to Byrne who in turn forwarded to Rusty Felker. I notified my Head Coach, Harris, and his parents of my actions. They were honored that an SEC AD had that kind of interest. Remember, Mullin had not been hired yet so Byrne was actively recruiting.

I even shared my efforts with Mjoelner34 who had received copies of my email correspondence. Byrne let me know of his efforts and was totally perplexed on Felker’s inactivity.

Even though Mississippi State, thru Felker, showed disinterest in Harris, Ole Miss somehow found him on their radar. Harris showed me their correspondence while waiting on a call from Mississippi State that never happened?