View Full Version : Martin Emerson in the draft.

starkvegasdawg
12-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Skipping senior season.

Homedawg
12-10-2021, 01:54 PM
As he should. His stock is pretty high. Faster in the league, sooner to a second contract. Which is where the money is, especially if you aren't a first rounder.

confucius say
12-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Yea no brained for him. He has plenty of tape and is what he is. Good for him.

Coach34
12-10-2021, 02:02 PM
Everybody knew this was coming

Harrydawg
12-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Wonder if he?ll play?

Matt3467
12-10-2021, 02:29 PM
Only thing that worries me is their (cross and emerson) status for the bowl game. I hate this recent trend of players bailing on their team for the bowl game. I get the financial risk associated but this wasn't an issue very long ago. One could argue we're being selfish for wanting them to play but the same could be made for them leaving the team and coaches that made it possible in the first place. Not to mention the interest it takes away from the bowl games.

OLJWales
12-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Only thing that worries me is their (cross and emerson) status for the bowl game. I hate this recent trend of players bailing on their team for the bowl game. I get the financial risk associated but this wasn't an issue very long ago. One could argue we're being selfish for wanting them to play but the same could be made for them leaving the team and coaches that made it possible in the first place. Not to mention the interest it takes away from the bowl games.

I agree. I mean , how many damn times you've played since h.s.? What are the odds of something horrific happening versus shitting on your team in your FINAL Collegiate game?

Thick
12-10-2021, 03:55 PM
Cross is heading to Dallas to train, so he?s skipping the bowl game is what I was told Tuesday night.

chef dixon
12-10-2021, 04:02 PM
Why would they play in a meaningless game? I have no issue with it at all

OLJWales
12-10-2021, 04:25 PM

Remember that when Tech's DE has his foot squared off in Will's ass all night in Memphis.

Leroy Jenkins
12-10-2021, 04:36 PM
hmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64wcGyzK56Y

Hot Rock
12-10-2021, 05:10 PM
It used to bother me more than it does now.

I have begun to look at these lesser bowls as prep for next year. If you have guy that can help himself in the draft, then I don't mind it if they want to do it that way as much as I once did.

It will just make me feel better for next year if they still win.

Percho
12-10-2021, 06:07 PM
Yep,
where would we all be if Jesus had said,
"I ain't dying for nobody."

chef dixon
12-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Remember that when Tech's DE has his foot squared off in Will's ass all night in Memphis.

Are you set to make a shit ton of money? This is college footballs fault, not the players.

SPMT
12-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Yep,

Are you equating Jesus dying to playing a football game? Please tell me I?m reading this wrong.

This is the whole games fault, not individual players. You can?t ask someone to potentially forgo their possible future financial security when you also have coaches making 100 million. Give me a break.

OLJWales
12-10-2021, 06:53 PM
Are you equating Jesus dying to playing a football game? Please tell me I?m reading this wrong.

This is the whole games fault, not individual players. You can?t ask someone to potentially forgo their possible future financial security when you also have coaches making 100 million. Give me a break.

Many before sacrificed much more than playing ONE football game. Loyalty and honor come to mind.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Yep,

https://media2.giphy.com/media/26uffVMiVXRbgRcWc/giphy.gif

OLJWales
12-10-2021, 08:33 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/26uffVMiVXRbgRcWc/giphy.gif

Even though I don't like this beard, not gonna bitch cuz it takes more than a SP episode to get my panties in a wad. These are SP episodes I flick off.

Prolly best we leave The Prince of Peace outta ED.

ETA: You responded in kind beard. No biggie bro.

Love yall all.

parabrave
12-10-2021, 08:58 PM

This. Plus it gives next years starter valuable practice and game experience.

Matt3467
12-10-2021, 10:20 PM
If our best players not playing in the bowl game is okay with everyone then we all shouldn't be upset if we lose either right?

Ari Gold
12-10-2021, 10:40 PM
Solid 3 years for the kid..
putting more guys in the league always a good thing for the MSU football brand
Enjoy Forbes next year if will also be his last
And zero reason for Emerson to play in the bowl game

OLJWales
12-10-2021, 11:50 PM
Yeah. 17 the bowl game. Not give a shits piling up. Lets just forfeit the MF.

BeardoMSU
12-11-2021, 12:16 AM
Yeah. 17 the bowl game. Not give a shits piling up. Lets just forfeit the MF.

The world is ending...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l9jiNVVkdsG4M/giphy.gif

OLJWales
12-11-2021, 12:45 AM
The world is ending...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l9jiNVVkdsG4M/giphy.gif

LMAO.

RougeDawg
12-11-2021, 10:00 AM
Man. Let?s be happy for the kid. That?s a lifelong dream about to come true.

As for the bowl game. We are a top 20 team that lost some head scratchers. Beat just Memphis and lsu and we are around 17 right now. If we had a kicker and won 1-2 more, we are 10-15 right now. Just because some plays bounce a different way or a kicker gets the shanks, does not mean the entire team went south. These are 18-22-28 year old covid kids. The team is solid and can hang with any big 12 team. What?s the difference if a few players hurt or are sick? We have enough quality still left to beat anyone.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Why would they play in a meaningless game?

It?s a mindset to me. When I played sports, I never had a game or a practice that I felt was meaningless. As an adult I?ve never had a day of work that is meaningless. Every day is an opportunity to show up, compete, better yourself, and beat the competition.

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2021, 12:00 PM
It?s a mindset to me. When I played sports, I never had a game or a practice that I felt was meaningless. As an adult I?ve never had a day of work that is meaningless. Every day is an opportunity to show up, compete, better yourself, and beat the competition.

Probably because you knew you wouldn't be a high draft pick. Everyone understands the concept of playing with a team, if your goal is to play as much as possible with your teammates the liberty bowl is not meaningless.

But, if your goal is to get to the NFL, the liberty bowl is meaningless.

The kid has a winning lottery ticket in his back pocket right now. If he goes out and gets severely injured in the bowl game are the fans going to pay him the money he would have made in pro football. Not to mention losing the experience of playing on an NFL team, salary aside.

If he plays, great. If not, great. Unless you have a shot at a natty, then in that case your ass better play. The liberty bowl is not that important to most people.

Matt3467
12-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Probably because you knew you wouldn't be a high draft pick. Everyone understands the concept of playing with a team, if your goal is to play as much as possible with your teammates the liberty bowl is not meaningless.

But, if your goal is to get to the NFL, the liberty bowl is meaningless.

The kid has a winning lottery ticket in his back pocket right now. If he goes out and gets severely injured in the bowl game are the fans going to pay him the money he would have made in pro football. Not to mention losing the experience of playing on an NFL team, salary aside.

If he plays, great. If not, great. Unless you have a shot at a natty, then in that case your ass better play. The liberty bowl is not that important to most people.

Eventually there will be a Bryce Young caliber player on a playoff team that'll sit out and then maybe it'll get more attention.

OLJWales
12-11-2021, 01:48 PM

Yep. But I guess that's the sign of the times. Honor, loyalty , commitment and obligation fading. My thoughts go to Ted Williams turning down an option to sit out game 2 of the DH on last game of the season.

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2021, 01:58 PM
Yep. But I guess that's the sign of the times. Honor, loyalty , commitment and obligation fading. My thoughts go to Ted Williams turning down an option to sit out game 2 of the DH on last game of the season.

Ted is a good example. He missed 5 seasons of MLB to fly planes in WWII and Korea. His teammates and/or fans probably didn't see it as selfish for leaving them to pursue other things.

OLJWales
12-11-2021, 04:55 PM
Ted is a good example. He missed 5 seasons of MLB to fly planes in WWII and Korea. His teammates and/or fans probably didn't see it as selfish for leaving them to pursue other things.

Piss poor example. WWII vs strapping it on one final game for Your Team. I get the other side but I see my side better.

SilentSteel16
12-11-2021, 05:53 PM
There is no reason for Emerson to play in the Liberty Bowl. If we were playing in the final four it would be different, but the kid shouldn’t risk getting hurt in a bowl game that really doesn’t matter.

SilentSteel16
12-11-2021, 05:55 PM
I wish him the best and will cheer him on no matter what team he chooses. Thank you for you contributions here at State. As well as with Brule, good luck with the other MSU. The kid played his heart out and got his degree, no bad blood at all with the transfer. He did State right and good luck and wishes to him as well. I hope he gets a shot at his dream.

Matt3467
12-11-2021, 08:05 PM
Per 247:

Question: Would you think Charles (Cross) will play in the bowl?

Leach: I don’t know what he’ll do. But you finish what you started. You’ve got an obligation to the place that built and helped develop you. Finish it out in the bowl. You owe it to your team, you owe it to your fans, you owe it to your coaches. It’s the most bizarre thing in the world to me. They think they’re going to have a storied NFL career and they can’t play one more college game? That ridiculous. If they go to the NFL and they make the Pro Bowl, they’ll play in the Pro Bowl. It’s one of the biggest absurdities I’ve seen and it’s selfish.

chef dixon
12-11-2021, 08:36 PM
Per 247:

Question: Would you think Charles (Cross) will play in the bowl?

Leach: I don’t know what he’ll do. But you finish what you started. You’ve got an obligation to the place that built and helped develop you. Finish it out in the bowl. You owe it to your team, you owe it to your fans, you owe it to your coaches. It’s the most bizarre thing in the world to me. They think they’re going to have a storied NFL career and they can’t play one more college game? That ridiculous. If they go to the NFL and they make the Pro Bowl, they’ll play in the Pro Bowl. It’s one of the biggest absurdities I’ve seen and it’s selfish.

Says the guy making 5 million a year

OLJWales
12-11-2021, 11:15 PM
Says the guy making 5 million a year

17 that. Leach's salary has Dick to do with it.

Percho
12-12-2021, 12:07 AM
Man. Let?s be happy for the kid. That?s a lifelong dream about to come true.

As for the bowl game. We are a top 20 team that lost some head scratchers. Beat just Memphis and lsu and we are around 17 right now. If we had a kicker and won 1-2 more, we are 10-15 right now. Just because some plays bounce a different way or a kicker gets the shanks, does not mean the entire team went south. These are 18-22-28 year old covid kids. The team is solid and can hang with any big 12 team. What?s the difference if a few players hurt or are sick? We have enough quality still left to beat anyone.

Just whoever shows up? Oct 3rd any year, There will be a team practice Monday at 3 PM. Please stop doing drugs, it might hurt your NFL career. Team?