PDA

View Full Version : Need as many people in the Hump 11/27 as possible...

smootness
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Evidently, Malik Newman will be visiting for the Jackson State game with his dad. It's the day before Thanksgiving and it's at 1 PM, so it's going to be really tough to get many people there, but we need as many as can possibly make it.

Don't know why we would line up that game, but I guess if they want to visit a certain date, you're not going to stop it from happening.

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Bump

smootness
11-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm dumb, just realized a lot of people will be in town for the Egg Bowl already, so that may be why they scheduled the game then.

So if you're planning on going to the Egg Bowl Thursday night, please try to make it to the basketball game the day before. We need to get the word out. Nothing would be more impressive than having a mostly full house to see a team that wasn't any good last year play Jackson State.

Outside Dawg
11-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Any idea why the game is at 1pm? I would think a lot of people are headed into town that afternoon/evening for Egg Bowl. I would love to catch a bball game with the family on Wednesday, but our crew wont be arriving until that evening. I would expect the crowd to be pretty poor at 1pm.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Any idea why the game is at 1pm? I would think a lot of people are headed into town that afternoon/evening for Egg Bowl. I would love to catch a bball game with the family on Wednesday, but our crew wont be arriving until that evening. I would expect the crowd to be pretty poor at 1pm.

Yeah, 3:00 or 4:00 seems much better. Regardless, I will be there with 4 others.

Coach34
11-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Unless they come dressed as a 6-figure check like Kentucky is waving- gonna be hard to catch his eye

JOHNHEVESYMADE
11-19-2013, 11:48 PM
He is going to the game to support his former coach Wayne Brent who is now at Jackson State.

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 11:50 PM
He is going to the game to support his former coach Wayne Brent who is now at Jackson State.

And....

TheRef
11-20-2013, 12:07 AM
#HailState #BringBackTheRef will be in full swing. I wasn't able to make it to tonight's game due to multiple exams this week. However, the Ref will make his triumphant return soon.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Unless they come dressed as a 6-figure check like Kentucky is waving- gonna be hard to catch his eye

So sick of college sports. Why do I subject myself to this chaos?

Coach34
11-20-2013, 08:22 AM
So sick of college sports. Why do I subject myself to this chaos?

The SEC of today is not really college ball- but still below pro ball. "The money is too much" as Cam Newton says...

When Vandy is paying players in baseball- you know things have changed.

SignalToNoise
11-20-2013, 09:11 AM
When Vandy is paying players in baseball- you know things have changed.

Call me naive but didn't realize college basketball was like that.

Coach34
11-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Call me naive but didn't realize college basketball was like that.

basketball is 3x worse than football

I've always wondered why people never question how these AAU teams can afford to go on these week long trips to Vegas, LA, and other places- made up of poor inner city kids?