PDA

View Full Version : Cross All American

BeardoMSU
12-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Cross was named on the ESPN All-American Team. That's awesome for him. I also saw Brett McMurphy had him 2nd team AA on whatever site he covers for.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32814347/the-2021-college-football-postseason-all-america-team

Really hope Charles is a lottery pick this spring.

msstate7
12-09-2021, 11:53 AM
He's gonna be tough to replace

parabrave
12-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Cross was named on the ESPN All-American Team. That's awesome for him. I also saw Brett McMurphy had him 2nd team AA on whatever site he covers for.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32814347/the-2021-college-football-postseason-all-america-team

Really hope Charles is a lottery pick this spring.

When did the NFL go to the lottery? Hope the Boys get him to protect Dak/

Tbonewannabe
12-09-2021, 12:37 PM
I think the projections show 7-10th pick.

Saltydog
12-09-2021, 12:42 PM
He's gonna be tough to replace

And therein lies my skepticism that we?ll win more games next year!

HancockCountyDog
12-09-2021, 01:16 PM
I was hoping everyone was wrong about his draft projections, because normally you get more production from a first round pick LT.

I mean, he was ok last year, but we went 3-7 and then go 7-5 with a home egg bowl loss with a franchise LT.

You normally get more bang for your buck in my experience; Happy for him, sad for us.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 02:21 PM
I was hoping everyone was wrong about his draft projections, because normally you get more production from a first round pick LT.

I mean, he was ok last year, but we went 3-7 and then go 7-5 with a home egg bowl loss with a franchise LT.

You normally get more bang for your buck in my experience; Happy for him, sad for us.

Cross was absolutely dominant this year. Gave up 1 sack on a crazy amount of pass attempts.

FISHDAWG
12-09-2021, 03:11 PM
Cross was absolutely dominant this year. Gave up 1 sack on a crazy amount of pass attempts.

and I don't remember a lot of penalties either

Turfdawg67
12-09-2021, 03:36 PM

Lol. What else could he do? Kick field goals?

StateDawg44
12-09-2021, 04:05 PM
and I don't remember a lot of penalties either

No, they all came from the other side of the line.

Homedawg
12-09-2021, 04:13 PM

He was. Not many like him. Phenomenal year. Good luck to him. Well deserved!

Coach34
12-09-2021, 04:28 PM
He was. Not many like him. Phenomenal year. Good luck to him. Well deserved!

Next year people who couldnt see it this year will understand how good he was.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-09-2021, 04:34 PM
He was more than OK. I saw where in over 680 pass blocks, Cross allowed only 6 pressures and 1 sack! Incredible!

Jack Lambert
12-09-2021, 05:29 PM
I'm guessing he will be at the combine if they have one.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2021, 05:38 PM
He was more than OK. I saw where in over 680 pass blocks, Cross allowed only 6 pressures and 1 sack! Incredible!

Yeah, that's pretty insane. Hopefully his success and our system can help up our OL recruiting as well as make us a destination spot for OL in the portal.

Lord McBuckethead
12-09-2021, 05:57 PM

And not to mention, when you pass THAT often, defenses are pinned back 100% coming for the immobile QB. Now if Will would have ran more often, the DLine would have to atleast think about it.

Lord McBuckethead
12-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Yeah, that's pretty insane. Hopefully his success and our system can help up our OL recruiting as well as make us a destination spot for OL in the portal.

Well we need to get to a place where we have a 100k per year stipend for all OL on the team so we can compete for the best of the best. I would like to have 8 Charles Crosses on the team.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2021, 06:18 PM
Well we need to get to a place where we have a 100k per year stipend for all OL on the team so we can compete for the best of the best. I would like to have 8 Charles Crosses on the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M0SA8d1aiY&ab_channel=Mac%27sForumWeapons

AROB44
12-09-2021, 06:26 PM

Then you're going to have to write a lot bigger check.

OLJWales
12-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Great Job Cross! Being a Great STATE Bulldog is about to payoff for you and your family! Thank You Sir and God Bless!

Matt3467
12-09-2021, 10:30 PM
Saw Matt Miller had him as high as 4th on one of his recent mock drafts.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-10-2021, 07:35 AM
Great to see a young man choose State and live up to his potential. He deserves what he has coming in April!

PMDawg
12-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Next year people who couldnt see it this year will understand how good he was.

The problem is, as good as he was on the left, Lashley was his inverse on the right. I think that's why we have people lamenting "not getting the bang for our buck". Cross was great, but the line as a unit was brought down a few pegs b/c of how weak we were on the right.

Yes, we will suffer on the left next year, a great deal. But, hopefully, we'll at least be better on the right so that the net loss isn't as huge as it could be. That's our only hope, really.

Coach34
12-10-2021, 11:03 AM
The problem is, as good as he was on the left, Lashley was his inverse on the right. I think that's why we have people lamenting "not getting the bang for our buck". Cross was great, but the line as a unit was brought down a few pegs b/c of how weak we were on the right.

Yes, we will suffer on the left next year, a great deal. But, hopefully, we'll at least be better on the right so that the net loss isn't as huge as it could be. That's our only hope, really.

The problem is that Lashley wasnt that bad on the right. He graded out decently. Dolla Bill got pulled because he was the problem on some of the sacks/pressures that occurred on the right that may have looked like Lashley's fault. There is unlikely to be much improvement if any on the right side this year after losing a vet like Lashley. With 2 new OT's in 2022- I'd expect our sack level to be around 40. We have 30 this year and really have protected very well. We are 4th in the SEC in sack rate at 1 per 22.7 passes

TheLostDawg
12-10-2021, 11:43 AM
The problem is that Lashley wasnt that bad on the right. He graded out decently. Dolla Bill got pulled because he was the problem on some of the sacks/pressures that occurred on the right that may have looked like Lashley's fault. There is unlikely to be much improvement if any on the right side this year after losing a vet like Lashley. With 2 new OT's in 2022- I'd expect our sack level to be around 40. We have 30 this year and really have protected very well. We are 4th in the SEC in sack rate at 1 per 22.7 passes

But jumped offsides every fourth play. He might have done okay blocking but his penalties killed our drives. You have to take that into account as well.

Matt3467
12-10-2021, 11:58 AM
But jumped offsides every fourth play. He might have done okay blocking but his penalties killed our drives. You have to take that into account as well.

I was just about to say that. I don't believe I've seen so many penalties from one player in a while. He killed drives single handedly. You should never have that from a 5th yr SR. Lashley, McCord and Ruiz if replaced by an average player would've probably at least have been good for 2 more wins.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2021, 12:50 PM

and if it wasn't false starts then it would be holding