PDA

View Full Version : Coaching firings and hirings.

basedog
12-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Just reading a few things about Napier and recruiting, I know it's early but with many so-called commits jumping ship isn't a good look. What say ye Bert Stare?

Seems Riley is a big hit with So Cal, he is off to a fast start, and I think will do well.

Lsu, gulp, things I read about Kelly makes me think once again how he will fit in at Red Stick. Not a good look imp when only one Coach joins him from his ND staff (conditioning and strength coach). Also, I wonder what the deal is with a young starting QB transferring out?

Once again, all the portal and transferring out players without sitting out a year, along with this NIL will change college football, gonna be interesting to watch or see. I imagine program sells will once again be popular as how else will one keep up with who is on the team.

Oregon Ducks, I just read where some were saying Chip Kelly was high on the list, but with his $9 million dollar buyout seems to have faded. Kiffin seems to be on "Mr Nike" list as the one he wants, but we shall see. Seems to be another good fit for Kiffin and the Ducks.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 11:37 AM
You are going to see a lot more star players at smaller power 5 schools entering the portal to get a 2nd payday to go to a bigger school. The rich will only get richer. We need to identify great players at schools beneath us that will be juniors who can play and get them to transfer here their junior year and have our cigar boys ready with NIL money. That is how all this is going to work.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 11:38 AM
We need to be really smart about it. Brule is a perfect example of a guy who proved himself a solid player that is entering portal to get a 2nd payday.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Delete

basedog
12-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Delete

Interesting.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Interesting.

I deleted that because I don’t want to share too much info on a message board but it is interesting, learning a lot.

MoreCowbell
12-09-2021, 11:50 AM
Smaller power 5 and group of 5 schools will be the new junior colleges. Luckily we are in the SEC which will give us a huge advantage if we are smart about it.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-09-2021, 12:07 PM
I don?t think Kiffin has a very large buyout. Phil Knight could cut that check very easy. Also, it is looking more and more that Kiffins people reached out to the Ducks.

TrapGame
12-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Napier is not impressing the Florida folk with his recruiting right now. Huge WTF post of Reddit's college football sub about Napier basically offering Florida schollies all the Louisiana guys he was recruiting to ULL. Some folks posted that's just how he does it. He knows these guys well. Others have responded by saying fighting with LSU over commits is not getting the 5* out of Jacksonville who hasn't even been offered yet.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Napier is not impressing the Florida folk with his recruiting right now. Huge WTF post of Reddit's college football sub about Napier basically offering Florida schollies all the Louisiana guys he was recruiting to ULL. Some folks posted that's just how he does it. He knows these guys well. Others have responded by saying fighting with LSU over commits is not getting the 5* out of Jacksonville who hasn't even been offered yet.

That's why you don't want that job. Hell they have to give him a chance to get in and get his feet under him.

basedog
12-09-2021, 12:43 PM
That's why you don't want that job. Hell they have to give him a chance to get in and get his feet under him.

I agree but it ain't happening with patience in Gator Land.

was21
12-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Napier may not succeed any more than Mullen did...smh

msudawglb
12-09-2021, 02:22 PM
Strickland is going to be looking for a job in the next few years.

CaptainObvious
12-11-2021, 12:49 PM

That is odd. Most LSU fans preferred Napier over Kelly. Maybe they should trade coaches.

confucius say
12-11-2021, 12:57 PM
Strickland is going to be looking for a job in the next few years.

Heck no he is not. Dan went to three NY6 bowls in four years and improved Florida's recruiting rankings from the previous staff. Florida is delusional bc of what Georgia is doing.