PDA

View Full Version : Coaching salaries

TheLostDawg
12-08-2021, 05:04 PM
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1468339315050782721?t=iikNHftmyyTrF2-LeIhG-w&s=19

Bdawg
12-08-2021, 07:01 PM
So I guess Saban worth 20 mil/yr. now?

confucius say
12-08-2021, 07:28 PM
College athletics directors suck at their job. They've created a market where average to above average coaches and unproven coaches are getting paid 7 million a year. Woof.

TUSK
12-08-2021, 07:54 PM
So I guess Saban worth 20 mil/yr. now?

No. Closer to 30.

He was worth 20 a few years ago.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-08-2021, 08:24 PM
College athletics directors suck at their job. They've created a market where average to above average coaches and unproven coaches are getting paid 7 million a year. Woof.

They suck at their job because they can't convince Boosters to get ahead of the curve. Let me explain:

10 years ago boosters would pay maybe $8M for a staff, and they'd expect that staff to win big. Then it became 10M. Now you need to pay $15ishM for those results. Anyone with a brain can see HCs will soon make 10M a year and overall staffs $18-20M. is it worth it? No, at some point the extra enrollment and PR being good at sports gets you becomes outweighed by the salaries.

But Boosters never started this arms race for the Universities' sake, they did it to win games. I highly doubt Florida boosters are going to let themselves get left in the dust by saying "Well, let UGA have the East and FSU the state, we don't want to pony up more than we did last hiring cycle to get the caliber of coach that can compete".

So if boosters are going to keep spending more and more and more, and it's obvious this is where CFB is going, then it's a failure of the AD to not convince these boosters to pony up NOW what will be standard in 5 years. Because jumping ahead 5 years like that would allow you to get real separation from your peers. So that is why I think most ADs suck

OLJWales
12-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Bitchin bout coaches salaries gonna gitcha bout as far as bitchin bout CEO Salaries.
Nowhere. It's called bidness and ROI. Don't waste your time trying to solve a simple puzzle.

Bdawg
12-08-2021, 09:07 PM
No. Closer to 30.

He was worth 20 a few years ago.

Probably so.

Maroonthirteen
12-08-2021, 09:20 PM
Just think, not one of those coaches has won a single playoff game.

...and paying some of them more, is not going to change that.

Michigan St can pay Tucker 100m a year. They aren't winning their conference most years and certainly not a nc. Same for Franklin at Penn St. I think Cristobal had just as good of chance at a nc at Oregon as Miami. Oregon has certainly been the easier place to win for the last 15 years.

Kelly is the only that may.... may win a playoff game and nc.

confucius say
12-08-2021, 10:44 PM
Just think, not one of those coaches has won a single playoff game.

...and paying some of them more, is not going to change that.

Michigan St can pay Tucker 100m a year. They aren't winning their conference most years and certainly not a nc. Same for Franklin at Penn St. I think Cristobal had just as good of chance at a nc at Oregon as Miami. Oregon has certainly been the easier place to win for the last 15 years.

Kelly is the only that may.... may win a playoff game and nc.

And that's Bc Kelly is at lsu. You can pay any competent coach half of what they are paying him and he would have just good a chance as Kelly to win big.

TheLostDawg
12-09-2021, 01:08 AM
Well we need to give Leach a little bump and then throw our money at the assistance.

Maroonthirteen
12-09-2021, 09:32 AM
We don't need to give leach a dime more. The assistants, yes. Leach no.

Catfish
12-09-2021, 10:50 AM
We don't need to give leach a dime more. The assistants, yes. Leach no.

So, you're not in favor of giving Leach an extension?

Maroonthirteen
12-09-2021, 12:27 PM
Extension to 4 years yes. Salary Raise no.

confucius say
12-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Take any raise you'd give him from private money and instead have the people who would provide that private money to provide it to players via NIL deals.