PDA

View Full Version : Manning Award

SteelCurtain74
12-06-2021, 10:39 PM
Looking at the stats for the finalists for the Manning Award, I would say Will has as good of numbers as any however I don't think he'll win it. I would lean towards Stroud or Pickett winning just based on numbers although it doesn't say if it factors quality of opponents. It also tends to go to the Heisman winner, if the Heisman winner is a quarterback. Here are the stats for this year's finalists. Will is first in completion percentage and tied for second in yards.

https://allstatesugarbowl.org/manning-finalists-2021/

parabrave
12-06-2021, 11:14 PM
One thing that is going to hurt WRs chance of any award in the future is that he is a "system QB". The announcers and media pundits have been bringing that up during the last half of the season including the guys on the SECN shows..

TUSK
12-07-2021, 05:06 AM
One thing that is going to hurt WRs chance of any award in the future is that he is a "system QB". The announcers and media pundits have been bringing that up during the last half of the season including the guys on the SECN shows..

Like AJ?

If there's anyone that doesn't think B Young should be the Heisman Winner, etc...

gerd.

Percho
12-07-2021, 12:40 PM

Who isn't a, "system QB,"? Do not all teams run a system?

parabrave
12-07-2021, 07:56 PM
Who isn't a, "system QB,"? Do not all teams run a system?

Not like His. He and Don Coryell.