PDA

View Full Version : Body language

Cowbell
12-05-2021, 03:45 PM
The reason I have never cared for our mens basketball coach has nothing to do with his offense - it is the body language of his players. You can tell either he isn't recruiting the right type of young men, or he doesn't know how to coach discipline. It's the reason Vic was so successful, and his replacement was so bad. It's the reason I didn't care for our last graduating running back his last two years here. You can tell by this team they aren't going to go places due to their attitude and the discipline they lack from coaching. It's not rocket science. It's also the reason so many of us struggle to watch his teams play.

Kingbarkus
12-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Did you see the play where #2 dove into the stands for a loose ball and was shaken up? Molinar was 5 feet away and turned and walked away. Minnesota team all ran to their guy that fell down.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-05-2021, 04:41 PM
The reason I have never cared for our mens basketball coach has nothing to do with his offense - it is the body language of his players. You can tell either he isn't recruiting the right type of young men, or he doesn't know how to coach discipline. It's the reason Vic was so successful, and his replacement was so bad. It's the reason I didn't care for our last graduating running back his last two years here. You can tell by this team they aren't going to go places due to their attitude and the discipline they lack from coaching. It's not rocket science. It's also the reason so many of us struggle to watch his teams play.

You have some valid points. I don’t claim to match X’s and O’s with Mike Krzyzewski or Chris Lemonis or Nick Saban. But I can recognize effort and discipline when I see it. I can recognize a player who would run through a wall to make a play.

Cowbell
12-05-2021, 04:44 PM
You have some valid points. I don?t claim to match X?s and O?s with Mike Krzyzewski or Chris Lemonis or Nick Saban. But I can recognize effort and discipline when I see it. I can recognize a player who would run through a wall to make a play.
Same here man / it's one reason I have come around on Leach

Lord McBuckethead
12-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Did you see the play where #2 dove into the stands for a loose ball and was shaken up? Molinar was 5 feet away and turned and walked away. Minnesota team all ran to their guy that fell down.

Hell of a high energy play there. No idea why Molinar didn't even think about helping him up. Others did.
Right now, other than Mathews' energy, I don't see it from anyone else. They had 2 turnovers at the late point of the second half? How does that happen in a basketball game..... No pressure. That pretty much sums up this team. They provide no pressure, offensive, defensive, and the crowd. nothing.