Was rhule a true candidate? If so, i hope they do go venables over rhule

shrimp
12-05-2021, 09:51 AM
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1467489178019581959?s=21

Chris Low reporting the same.

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Was rhule a true candidate? If so, i hope they do go venables over rhule

Hard to pull a NFL guy to college. Plus hiring a former coordinator has been Oklahoma's formula for success for years now.

confucius say
12-05-2021, 10:18 AM
Well you knew either Lebby or Lane was leaving. They weren't staying together.

Catfish
12-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days. Who will Lane get to replace Lebby?

Dak Holliday
12-05-2021, 10:21 AM
I?m hearing ULL is interested in Lebby to replace Napier. That program is in great shape for a first time HC.

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 10:29 AM
I?m hearing ULL is interested in Lebby to replace Napier. That program is in great shape for a first time HC.
LSU wants Lebby as well. ULL may get one of Arkansas's coordinators.

Dak Holliday
12-05-2021, 10:34 AM
LSU wants Lebby as well. ULL may get one of Arkansas's coordinators.

ULL HC > OM, OU, LSU OC

I don?t see the appeal of changing OC jobs, but HC is worth moving for

DownwardDawg
12-05-2021, 11:13 AM
ULL HC > OM, OU, LSU OC

Absolutely!
Like button push! Lol

StarkVegasSteve
12-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days. Who will Lane get to replace Lebby?

Their fans seem to think they will grab Harrell and keep it rolling. My guess is Lane will try and grab Charlie Weis Jr who was his OC at FAU.

Dak Holliday
12-05-2021, 12:21 PM
Their fans seem to think they will grab Harrell and keep it rolling. My guess is Lane will try and grab Charlie Weis Jr who was his OC at FAU.

They think Graham Harrell?

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2021, 01:40 PM
ULL HC > OM, OU, LSU OC

You don?t want to be the guy that set expectations where anything less than 10-2 is a failure.

It?s a solid job, but Napier did such a great job there, that it will be very easy to fail at that job.

Dak Holliday
12-05-2021, 02:30 PM
You don?t want to be the guy that set expectations where anything less than 10-2 is a failure.

It?s a solid job, but Napier did such a great job there, that it will be very easy to fail at that job.

Someone has to take it. If you?re looking for a first time HC job at the G5 level, it?s prime. I?m not sure they have tremendously outrageous expectations there.

Pancho
12-05-2021, 02:41 PM
ULL promotes the OC to HC

TheLostDawg
12-05-2021, 02:43 PM
Well Lebby is an OU alumni and seems not a fan of Kiffen so yeah lateral move in play.

You think in the back of his mind, he's going to fail at Louisiana, heck no. Just like 5* think they'll start right away. He sees a program that's well coached and has a lot more potential due to recruiting compared to other schools in their conference. All he has to do it keep it going with those players and make a jump, probably won't wait like Napier did. The next coach will have a tougher time more than likely unless he stays too long and or has a lot of transfers.
That being said, does he even get offered or would he like to go back to OU and do what Venables did.

What about Briles?I was hoping someone would get him out of Arkansas

ZedFedder
12-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Here is where this may hurt OM more than anything—it was pretty much a done deal that Dillon Gabriel was going to transfer to OM as Lebby was his OC at UCF. I wonder if he will go there now if he is gone?

Dak Holliday
12-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Here is where this may hurt OM more than anything?it was pretty much a done deal that Dillon Gabriel was going to transfer to OM as Lebby was his OC at UCF. I wonder if he will go there now if he is gone?

Thing is, everywhere Lebby is linked doesn?t benefit Gabriel outside of OM. OM still has Kiffin and a good offensive scheme. I think they still get him with or without Lebby.

Everyone talks that Lebby hates Kiffin, but I?ve never seen anything outside of ED talking this. I only watched the EB, but didn?t see anything that lent itself to a dysfunction. He might leave for OU as OC because he is an alum, but I still think ULL as HC is his better move if it?s offered.
Briles and Odom are a team that I?d like to see disperse as well. Briles to Bama as OC.