PDA

View Full Version : How bad does the East look now?

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2021, 10:21 PM
UGA plays one good team all year, and gets smoked. Bama should have lost to Auburn and did get beat by aTm. Handled GA today.

Turfdawg67
12-04-2021, 10:31 PM
UGA destroyed AU, UF and AR, all which Bama struggled against. Yep, they handled UGA today, that's Saban and probably the shitty performance against AU. UGA will kill either Michigan or Cincinnati... as well as us, TAM, OM and LSU

Cooterpoot
12-04-2021, 10:46 PM
Pods can't get here soon enough. Of course, we'll get stuck with Bama I'm sure.

Reason2succeed
12-05-2021, 12:05 AM
The SEC wanted two teams in the playoff and Georgia understood the assignment.

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 12:06 AM
Pods can't get here soon enough. Of course, we'll get stuck with Bama I'm sure.

I'd be surprised since we know Auburn and Tennessee will be in Alabama's pod without question. I'd be surprised if their third team isn't LSU.

Unless they do regional style pods which don't make sense at this point. But it's the SEC so that is a possibility.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2021, 12:51 AM
I'd be surprised since we know Auburn and Tennessee will be in Alabama's pod without question. I'd be surprised if their third team isn't LSU.

Unless they do regional style pods which don't make sense at this point. But it's the SEC so that is a possibility.

I think ours will be Us, Ole Miss, LSU, and A&M.

vv83
12-05-2021, 01:06 AM

Don't think they'll let A&M/Texas not be in the same. My guess would be Us, ole miss, Oklahoma, Arkansas. Second guess would be Us, ole miss, Missouri, LSU

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 01:19 AM

Possible. I think Ole Miss is the only sure team if I had to guess. I would also guess that they would keep A&M, Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma all together if they can so A&M seems unlikely to me.

My guess would be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and LSU.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2021, 01:20 AM
Don't think they'll let A&M/Texas not be in the same. My guess would be Us, ole miss, Oklahoma, Arkansas. Second guess would be Us, ole miss, Missouri, LSU

A&M by all accounts wasn't happy with this at all. The sop will be them not being in the same pod.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2021, 01:24 AM
My guess would be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and LSU.

I'd donate a quart of blood for that choice right now...

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 01:24 AM
A&M by all accounts wasn't happy with this at all. The sop will be them not being in the same pod.

A&M has zero leverage. Their option is to play Texas or leave the SEC.

It is a really nasty rivalry. Texas is what Ole Miss would be if they controlled the SEC.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2021, 01:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcU3_Cok3CI&ab_channel=bigquesoaustin

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 01:32 AM

It's plausible. Kentucky is likely our second opponent. After that it's anyone's guess. The Egg Bowl is staying so that's our only sure opponent. Alabama maybe but I think the SEC will want to keep Bama/LSU and without question the Iron Bowl and Bama/UT are locks to stay. Auburn will keep the Iron Bowl and Georgia. LSU is fairly isolated so they're kind of open with rivalries with Bama, Ole Miss which I suspect the SEC will keep, and well as Bama/LSU. Other than that they could keep LSU with Arkansas, A&M, or MSU. Arkansas I think will keep their old SWC rivalries for sure with Texas and A&M. That makes them seem unlikely to keep MSU to me. Especially as close as they are to Mizzou, Oklahoma, and they have more of a rivalry with LSU. A&M has more of a history with Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. I could see A&M and LSU in the same pod though.

When it comes time I think the SEC will likely ask schools to submit their three team wishlist and our should be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt and then the league will adjust from there and give us Ole Miss, Kentucky, and someone other than Vandy.

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 01:33 AM

Pretty much! LOL.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2021, 01:39 AM

It is a really nasty rivalry. Texas is what Ole Miss would be if they controlled the SEC.

Not every year. They won't be in the same pod if we actually do the pod thing.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2021, 01:44 AM

No, they will be shocked that their vote counts the same as Vanderbilt's and every other SEC school. That has been the strength of the SEC, and the eventual downfall of every Conference Texas has been in. If their vote counts more than ours or Vandy's it will kill the SEC too. Texas is a dang plague. I still can't believe we allowed them in.

parabrave
12-05-2021, 01:58 AM
Face it guys and gals We will be stuck with Bama LSU and Aubbie. OM will get Tenn Vandy and Mizzou.

Todd4State
12-05-2021, 02:05 AM
Not every year. They won't be in the same pod if we actually do the pod thing.

There may be some rotation at times but the SEC is going to keep rivalries alive. That's why Alabama/Tennessee and Auburn/Georgia play every year even though they have never been in the same division.

Catfish
12-05-2021, 08:32 AM
Hopefully Oklahoma and Texas will help some how.

msstate7
12-05-2021, 08:37 AM

Bama is one of the ones that will have that first pick, and they'll prob want us. Keep that easy win

basedog
12-05-2021, 08:53 AM
UGA plays one good team all year, and gets smoked. Bama should have lost to Auburn and did get beat by aTm. Handled GA today.

Kirby has a lot of Jimbo in him, overrated although Jimbo did win a Natty. Watching Kirbo coaching on the sideline remains me of a little girl who had their lunch stolen by a bully, way too much BS emotion. I can't see any other HC who is close to what Kirby is or does on the sideline jumping around and shaking his head at players coming off the field and telling them what they did wrong. Georgia has so much talent and Bama made them look slow and confused, but Bama has so much tradition and pride, plus they have the GOAT as a coach.

IMissJack
12-06-2021, 08:45 PM

You must spread some reputation around before ?

FriarsPoint
12-06-2021, 09:15 PM
Kirby has a lot of Jimbo in him, overrated although Jimbo did win a Natty. Watching Kirbo coaching on the sideline remains me of a little girl who had their lunch stolen by a bully, way too much BS emotion. I can't see any other HC who is close to what Kirby is or does on the sideline jumping around and shaking his head at players coming off the field and telling them what they did wrong. Georgia has so much talent and Bama made them look slow and confused, but Bama has so much tradition and pride, plus they have the GOAT as a coach.

5 will get you 10 Saban watched tape of UGA/MSU last year and that was part of the genesis of his game plan.