PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ad tracking

RocketDawg
12-03-2021, 08:07 PM
Last week, we went to the local Duluth Trading Company store and bought a few items, using Visa.

Ever since then, I'm getting Duluth ads on this site and others. Is that coincidental, or does it mean that Visa is selling my shopping information?

It doesn't really bother me, and the ads aren't intrusive, but just wondering.

Dak Holliday
12-03-2021, 09:37 PM
Everything you do is tracked. Credit/debit cards, phones, computers, etc. The database is so efficient now that they really don?t need Kroger cards and such. It is scary how well you can be tracked if you?re using any technology.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2021, 09:39 PM
That explains the Russian mail-order bride ads.

Dak Holliday
12-03-2021, 09:45 PM
😂 it?s really shocking. Everything registered to your name communicates with everything else and cross references every purchase and decision you make. It?s why I laughed when people talk about Gov trackers being injected into us. We voluntarily carry gps trackers, while documenting our lives, providing our DNA for novel reasons, and photograph AND tag everyone we know. There?s zero reason for the Gov to install trackers on us.

Dak Holliday
12-03-2021, 09:52 PM
They have your bank accounts, thumb prints, facial recognition, 24 hr gps location, biometric information, prospective health assumptions based on biometric info, imputed online health info, and purchases made. Every bit of the convenience bestowed to us by technology comes at a cost. Everything is a product being sold. Anything that you do that is free or saves you money is bait and YOU are the product being gathered.

RougeDawg
12-03-2021, 10:19 PM
Get you a vpn to use. It?s gives at least some type of tracking blocking.

I got one a couple years ago after every add that popped up was something I had been talking about before. And not even searching. They?re listening to everything too.

RocketDawg
12-03-2021, 10:21 PM
Get you a vpn to use. It?s gives at least some type of tracking blocking.

I got one a couple years ago after every add that popped up was something I had been talking about before. And not even searching. They?re listening to everything too.

Might not be a bad idea.