PDA

View Full Version : Asst. coaches

Fader21
12-03-2021, 04:41 PM
We are losing inside receivers coach, Dave Nichol to USCw

schddog72
12-03-2021, 04:42 PM
We are losing inside receivers coach, Dave Nichol to USCw

Bummer if true. Starkvegas ain't for everyone.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2021, 04:46 PM
Bummer if true. Starkvegas ain't for everyone.

I think it is more about he and Riley are close and he's getting a step up.

ZedFedder
12-03-2021, 04:49 PM
I think it is more about he and Riley are close and he's getting a step up.

Stinks, but I don’t think you can blame him. It’s a part of it.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 04:52 PM
Could be worse, I guess. We could never lose asst coaches because they suck. Idk...

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Not trying to make this political. but, depending on how big of a jump he is getting it actually might not be worth it financially due to state income tax and really all other taxes out there.

Hambone
12-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Bring Bumphis home!!!

Jack Lambert
12-03-2021, 05:05 PM
Not trying to make this political. but, depending on how big of a jump he is getting it actually might not be worth it financially due to state income tax and really all other taxes out there.

Cost of living there is a bitch.

TheLostDawg
12-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Cost of living there is a bitch.

And they are trying to make a law where you pay taxes there even after you move for a certain amount of time. Not sure exactly how they'd do that though

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but it is nice. There is a reason people vacation in these places, and they do not typically vacation anywhere in Mississippi.

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I am going to need a link to that.

RocketDawg
12-03-2021, 05:16 PM

Cost of living in general is much higher in Los Angeles than in Starkville.

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Yeah, that died in committee. Anyone can write some stupid stuff, you are not really trying until it gets out of committee.

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2021, 05:19 PM
Highest level of state income tax in California is something like 22%

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Highest level of state income tax in California is something like 22%

No, it's 12.3% - https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/california-state-tax

schddog72
12-03-2021, 05:41 PM

Yes, but housing costs out there are outrageous along with the taxes on said houses. Crime rate in LA is headed the same way as Chicago, NY, etc.

Just sayin . . . . . .

Reason2succeed
12-04-2021, 09:53 AM
There?s no shame in losing WR coach to USC. Leach has a big coaching tree and I?m sure he will find the right person. Offensive coaching is the least of my worries. I just want to make sure we hold on to our DC for a few more years and eventually get Jamar Chaney as an on field coach. I think that could happen after a certain retirement happens eventually.

confucius say
12-04-2021, 10:43 AM

Whew. Add in the federal rate for a single man like Nichol making 400-500k and that is almost 50% of his income to taxes. Woof.

But it doesn't surprise me he is leaving. Single guy. Bought a condo here but not a house. He still has a Washington state license plate on his suv.

Dawgology
12-04-2021, 12:01 PM
I’ve got some family that live in Northern California. They have a view tax. If your house has a pretty view of ocean or mountains you are taxed for it. It’s ridiculous. They are looking for a way to leave and move to Mississippi or Idaho.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2021, 12:06 PM
I’ve got some family that live in Northern California. They have a view tax. If your house has a pretty view of ocean or mountains you are taxed for it. It’s ridiculous. They are looking for a way to leave and move to Mississippi or Idaho.

I would chose Idaho. Glad I was raised in Mississippi but.......

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2021, 03:17 PM
I'd really like to know where that is - because I'd like to read about the mechanics of how it works.

I doubt it is an actual tax - I would assume that properties with views are considered more valuable because they are sought after by people with money who build large homes - which increases property values and increases taxes. Kind like here where a lot with deep water access is more valuable than those with just a marsh view.