PDA

View Full Version : Andy Slater: Miami Going After Cristobal

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 01:52 PM
The University of Miami will try to hire Mario Cristobal as Hurricanes head coach ?in coming days,? Miami Herald?s @flasportsbuzz reports.

But, Manny hasn't been told he's fired yet. Good grief.

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Maybe they are a bunch of suckers and are trying to make his life so toxic down there that he will quite and they wont have to pay him anything.

FISHDAWG
12-03-2021, 02:39 PM
now they are just insulting him and no coach deserves that ..... and what in the world of college football would make Miami think Cristobal would trade Oregon for that dumpster fire ?

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Trap if everything you are saying is true, here and other threads. Man I wouldn't touch Miami with a 12 foot pole, that's just horrible dealings. I don't care how sucky you are as a coach, also wouldn't go there if I was a recruit.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 02:43 PM
now they are just insulting him and no coach deserves that ..... and what in the world of college football would make Miami think Cristobal would trade Oregon for that dumpster fire ?

Exactly

Commercecomet24
12-03-2021, 03:26 PM

Nailed it.

DCdawg
12-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Now just imagine if Moorhead has already accepted Akron's job, Cristobal leaves Oregon, and Joe could have had a shot at that job instead. Woof.

It's been reported that the Akron hire is imminent but I hadn't seen anything official.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 03:31 PM
Now just imagine if Moorhead has already accepted Akron's job, Cristobal leaves Oregon, and Joe could have had a shot at that job instead. Woof.

It's been reported that the Akron hire is imminent but I hadn't seen anything official.

He would simply tell Akron, "no thanks, something else has come up".

msudawglb
12-03-2021, 03:44 PM
Maybe they are moving Diaz to the basement and plan to just stop paying him. Hope he gets his stapler.

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Trap if everything you are saying is true, here and other threads. Man I wouldn't touch Miami with a 12 foot pole, that's just horrible dealings. I don't care how sucky you are as a coach, also wouldn't go there if I was a recruit.

Me neither man.

Lane's a fool to be trying to go to Miami after this. I'd stay in Oxford.

Johnson85
12-03-2021, 04:44 PM
The University of Miami will try to hire Mario Cristobal as Hurricanes head coach ?in coming days,? Miami Herald?s @flasportsbuzz reports.

But, Manny hasn't been told he's fired yet. Good grief.

This sounds like boosters trying to put pressure on the administration. Isn't that basically what happened with Auburn and Petrino when Ears was still coach? There was a split over whether to fire Tuberville, and some boosters (with maybe some support from within the university?) tried to negotiate a deal with Petrino thinking the other side would come around if they knew they could have Petrino?

schddog72
12-03-2021, 04:50 PM

Can't see Oregon being stupid enough to elevate JoMo in this scenario given his two-year fiasco at State. The downward slide would be immediate and like a meteor. Best thing for Oregon all the way around is for JoMo to get lost in football hell at Akron.

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 05:03 PM

And they somehow always have a top 10 class

Quaoarsking
12-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Just to remind people who may have forgotten, Cristobal was fired from FIU for going 27-47 (20-26) over 6 years.

Yeah, he's been better than that at Oregon, but they have advantages relative to their conference that I'm not sure Miami has.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Miami has hired Clemson's AD. What will this lead to?

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 06:11 PM
What the hell is going on at Clemson? That?s crazy.

If word breaks from the Plantation that Kiffin has signed his extension you can safely assume Cristobal has agreed to the Miami offer.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Kiffin hasn't signed anything yet but his 100K pool is completed.

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 09:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1466933795240693765

If Cristobal turns them down they are planning on keeping Manny and building a "support system" around him.

Manny, have some ****ing respect and leave. This is bullshit.

If Kiffin leaves ole miss to go put up with this bullshit he's a complete dumbass.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2021, 09:49 PM
If your employer wanted to fire and replace you, but the replacement fell through so they decided to keep you, would you keep working there?

CadaverDawg
12-03-2021, 11:28 PM
If your employer wanted to fire and replace you, but the replacement fell through so they decided to keep you, would you keep working there?

Long enough to get my next few pay checks, interview without them knowing, and ditch them when all options are gone. Petty meet petty

Activated Alpha
12-04-2021, 01:05 AM
Like I said, Kiffin will sign his extension