PDA

View Full Version : 2023 4* RB Ty Jones commits to State

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-03-2021, 12:57 PM
From Bay Springs

FISHDAWG
12-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Nice ... sure hope we can hold onto him since that's heavy LSU fan base around there ... hope he likes catching the ball

ETA ... Never mind - I was thinking Bay St Louis ... Not Bay Springs

Hambone
12-03-2021, 02:20 PM
He’ll be a 3 star by Monday…

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Thats awesome, with the air raid kicking on all cylinders next year he should be really excited to see what he can do in this offense.

SteelCurtain74
12-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Not sure if you're joking but Feldman was on Cowherd yesterday and alluded to how the star system is sometimes based on what school a kid us committed to. He's talking about USC' players and their ranking around the 4:30 mark.

https://youtu.be/IE-RQC9rphg

Hambone
12-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Not sure if you're joking but Feldman was on Cowherd yesterday and alluded to how the star system is sometimes based on what school a kid us committed to. He's talking about USC' players and their ranking around the 4:30 mark.

https://youtu.be/IE-RQC9rphg

It was kind of a joke, but it is really surprising how often it does happen to recruits when they commit to us.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2021, 03:19 PM
Likely a LB in college.

preachermatt83
12-03-2021, 05:15 PM
Likely a LB in college.

You could be right but I just don’t see that being the case. He is too good with the ball in his hands. Some of the best vision I’ve seen in a long long time. His cut backs into lanes that are tiny is remarkable

TaleofTwoDogs
12-03-2021, 05:27 PM

That high??? We are Miss State.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 05:36 PM
He ain't cutting back much against this Simmons team. They appear faster than he is.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2021, 05:39 PM
You could be right but I just don’t see that being the case. He is too good with the ball in his hands. Some of the best vision I’ve seen in a long long time. His cut backs into lanes that are tiny is remarkable

He's not a RB. Ross is a better RB. He runs too high and isn't physical. He's a LB. I'm sitting here at USM and you don't even know he's on the field except he looks the part as an athlete. Needs to learn to play angry.

AROB44
12-03-2021, 05:47 PM
I sure hope he has speed. You can't teach speed. We really need speed and more speed.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2021, 05:53 PM
I sure hope he has speed. You can't teach speed. We really need speed and more speed.

He's 4.5-4.6ish. He can run. Straight line speed isn't a problem. Just isn't a RB. He's an athletic specimen who could play TE or LB.

Bdawg
12-03-2021, 06:19 PM
He's not a RB. Ross is a better RB. He runs too high and isn't physical. He's a LB. I'm sitting here at USM and you don't even know he's on the field except he looks the part as an athlete. Needs to learn to play angry.

He isn't physical and needs to play angry but he's supposed to be a LB? Some that you can't teach unless the kids finds some "want to." Maybe he will cause that's 2 things that are a must have to play LB.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2021, 07:04 PM
He isn't physical and needs to play angry but he's supposed to be a LB? Some that you can't teach unless the kids finds some "want to." Maybe he will cause that's 2 things that are a must have to play LB.

I was talking as a RB. He's a better defensive player. He tends to not hit the hole or break a lot of tackles as a RB. He'll unload on you on defense. BS probably had the best bookends in the state this year. Lots of QB meetings in the backfield.

Dak Holliday
12-03-2021, 07:21 PM
This is awesome. I hope he does come to play LB. If he also plays RB, he must be fairly quick. Our backfield is loaded, so speed on D is a top priority.
There ought to have to be a published justification if a player?s rank changes suddenly like after committing to a school, either good or bad. It?s kinda bs that they can just change it on a whim. That affects recruiting and perception.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 07:57 PM
He's got another year in High School so maybe he gets even better.

msudawg1200
12-03-2021, 08:22 PM
I know his daddy. They are good people. Kid can play.