bulldawg28
12-02-2021, 04:24 PM
That's bad coaching if true

Quaoarsking
12-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Well, shit.

BayouDawg
12-02-2021, 04:25 PM
If I remember right he almost transferred last off season to be closer to family. He may just need to be closer to home to help with some things. I may be misremembering though.

KOdawg1
12-02-2021, 04:27 PM
That sucks for depth purposes, but it's understandable since he essentially got beat out this year by Jett Johnson. Need some younger guys to step up now to provide depth.

It hurts, but it's not crippling.

Westdawg
12-02-2021, 04:31 PM
I?m guessing either LSU or ULL is about to get him

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 04:33 PM
It sucks but he regressed this season. 2020 he was lights out. I don't know what happened but he didn't play with that chip on his shoulder this season.

Homedawg
12-02-2021, 04:36 PM
I?m guessing either LSU or ULL is about to get him

He's gonna go to lsu so he can ride the pine ?? That would be dumb.

RezDog7
12-02-2021, 04:50 PM

What?

Hot Rock
12-02-2021, 04:50 PM
Wow! This is not crippling but it's never good to lose a guy like him. I thought he had the ability to be special.

Everyone is right he seemed to not play as well this year like he showed he could do in 2020. I was expecting a better year but he still made a lot of plays.

I already see 2 LB's committed at the LB spot and maybe one more on they way. Early signing period is just a few days away from Dec 15-17, I worry more about our rankings than I should be but I also know you can't win without players.

Good luck to him. I am sure there are things we don't know.

Cowbell
12-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Isn't he a team captain - this is not good

Cooterpoot
12-02-2021, 04:54 PM
understatement, that's not good news

He lost his job and was a back up. Jett had pretty much taken the spot.

ZedFedder
12-02-2021, 04:55 PM
With the way he played this year, it was evident something wasn’t right in some regard. Best wishes.

Hot Rock
12-02-2021, 04:59 PM

How in the world do you know that? Do you have inside information I don't have?

Personally, I doubt it because you don't even know if it's true or not. If you had inside information you would at least know whether it was true when the portal is public.

I guess it could be a problem without our coaches but somehow I doubt it. The system we play in today is that it allows players to transfer easily and sometimes it's for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-02-2021, 05:07 PM

Personally, I doubt it because you don't even know if it's true or not. If you had inside information you would at least know whether it was true when the portal is public.

I guess it could be a problem without our coaches but somehow I doubt it. The system we play in today is that it allows players to transfer easily and sometimes it's for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

It's typical and always a coaches fault. He's still mad Keaton Thompson isn't our starting QB lol

bulldawg28
12-02-2021, 05:15 PM

Which shouldn't have happened. Ole Miss gashed us running the ball with him in there.

Bothrops
12-02-2021, 05:16 PM
They just get the fever. It's something we have to learn to deal with in the age of the portal.

Cowbell
12-02-2021, 05:17 PM
They just get the fever. It's something we have to learn to deal with in the age of the portal.

Must not be for more cowbell***

thf24
12-02-2021, 05:19 PM
It sucks but he regressed this season. 2020 he was lights out. I don't know what happened but he didn't play with that chip on his shoulder this season.

I'm not sure if he regressed, or others around him got better while he stayed where he was.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if he regressed, or others around him got better while he stayed where he was.

Hmmm, that could be. I was really impressed with Jett Johnson.

Maverick91
12-02-2021, 05:21 PM
He said on his instagram that "they forced his hand." whatever that means.

Activated Alpha
12-02-2021, 05:25 PM
If Jett Johnson beat him out then damn. Jett was 17ing slow out there

Hot Rock
12-02-2021, 05:39 PM
He said on his instagram that "they forced his hand." whatever that means.

There are some things that we just don't know and may never know and this may not have anything to even do with on the field stuff.

I believe he can be good and that we will miss him but if getting benched for Jett Johnson is what he is talking about about then it is what it is. People get benched, it's what happens at times. He may have had the higher ceiling but if you aren't playing to it on a consistent down to down basis you run the risk of getting benched. Jett was outplaying him much of the year and earned his playing time, that part is not debatable.

bulldawg28
12-02-2021, 05:43 PM

Your asking questions then answering your own question. I'll let you think what you want. He's the best linebacker on the team.

Hot Rock
12-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Your asking questions then answering your own question. I'll let you think what you want. He's the best linebacker on the team.

Then he should have played like it because he didn't play like our best LB most of the year. I will give you he may have the highest ceiling but you have to prove it every week or a hungry guy behind you will get your spot.

Bothrops
12-02-2021, 06:18 PM
If Jett Johnson beat him out then damn. Jett was 17ing slow out there

The best player on our front 7

Leeshouldveflanked
12-02-2021, 06:19 PM
Brule looked bad earlier in the season.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-02-2021, 06:20 PM
It seemed like Jett was in on most tackles toward the end of the year

HoopsDawg
12-02-2021, 06:20 PM

who is the best player on front 7?

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-02-2021, 06:25 PM
Kiffin retweeting that Brule is in the portal. Is this a troll job or could he head to the sharks?

msudawglb
12-02-2021, 06:41 PM
Which shouldn't have happened. Ole Miss gashed us running the ball with him in there.

true....Our LB's are pretty damn slow. Teams with speed, could run side to side against us.

Hambone
12-02-2021, 06:54 PM
Jett Johnson was the leading tackler on our team and didn’t play the whole year.

Some of you just hate to hate. No, he isn’t the fastest guy on the team but I’ll tell you what he is, the best tackler on our team.

That being said Brule could have still helped this team.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2021, 06:59 PM
Jett Johnson was the leading tackler on our team and didn’t play the whole year.

Some of you just hate to hate. No, he isn’t the fastest guy on the team but I’ll tell you what he is, the best tackler on our team.

That being said Brule could have still helped this team.

This and we were one of the most efficient run defenses in the country. Hate losing Brule but teams are gonna be losing players every year and not just the bench riders it's the new era.

R2Dawg
12-02-2021, 07:16 PM

Yep, fact Jett took his job. Surprised only because he was a leader but not since his PT went way down.

Is John Lewis ready to step up?

R2Dawg
12-02-2021, 07:18 PM

Young really stepped up and surprised me this year. Wheat might be best in front 7 though.

Hope we get Jordan Davis back next year.

parabrave
12-02-2021, 07:28 PM

This

BeardoMSU
12-02-2021, 07:31 PM
Kiffin retweeting that Brule is in the portal. Is this a troll job or could he head to the sharks?

I'm sure it's just Kiffin doing his best to defuse the rivalries toxicity...

Funny how that shit works.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2021, 07:41 PM
I'm sure it's just Kiffin doing his best to defuse the rivalries toxicity...

Funny how that shit works.

This! Also lane better be worried about all the defections on his plantation up there. They dropping like flies

Cooterpoot
12-02-2021, 08:01 PM

Ole Miss had a WR with almost 150 yards receiving and Jett had a damn pick. OM only average 3.5 per carry.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2021, 08:02 PM
Hate to see him go. It could also be as simple as the fact he is graduating with a degree in psychology and might want to take advantage of using football to get a graduate degree at a school with a more relevant program for his future.

Cooterpoot
12-02-2021, 08:03 PM

Huh?

LC Dawg
12-02-2021, 08:14 PM

Kiffin is such a ****ing child. He'll never be taken seriously as a coach. It's why he may never get another job better than Ole Miss. People kind of passed it off as him being young for a while but it's obvious he'll never grow up.

bulldawg28
12-02-2021, 08:53 PM
Ole Miss had a WR with almost 150 yards receiving and Jett had a damn pick. OM only average 3.5 per carry.

They averaged 3.8 that's damn near a 1st down every 2 carries. They also had 3 rushing td's vs 1 passing. The interception had no impact on the outcome on the game, it was over. They gashed us running the entire 2nd half.

confucius say
12-02-2021, 11:00 PM
We held them to 154 yards rushing. They average 225.

Hate to see brule go. Guy has a big time ceiling and seems like a sharp guy with a good head. Hope it works out for him.

BiscuitEater
12-02-2021, 11:04 PM

BS, he graduated already!

Cooterpoot
12-02-2021, 11:20 PM
They averaged 3.8 that's damn near a 1st down every 2 carries. They also had 3 rushing td's vs 1 passing. The interception had no impact on the outcome on the game, it was over. They gashed us running the entire 2nd half.

If you ain't running for 4+ yards a carry, you aren't gashing a damn thing. Shut down their RBs. You acting like they had a bunch of long TD runs. I ain't like that. Brule was a good guy to plug in here and there. Wish he had stayed. But he's not as good as the guys ahead of him.

tireddawg
12-02-2021, 11:38 PM

You're wrong. Held them to 100 yds under their total, less than 4 yds/carry, but they gashed us.

SilentSteel16
12-03-2021, 12:54 AM
Hate to see him go. It could also be as simple as the fact he is graduating with a degree in psychology and might want to take advantage of using football to get a graduate degree at a school with a more relevant program for his future.

Great for him if this is the case. That is what college sports should be about. Play a sport and experience college for free. Get a degree in case Pros don?t work out. Get your degree utilize last year to get a free advanced degree. Bravo sir, well done if this is the case.

Todd4State
12-03-2021, 02:48 AM
I think Brule was playing out of position and should be a MLB. I think he would be a beast there. The problem is we had three LB's that also profile as MLB. I wonder if "forced his hand" means that we were considering sliding him to MLB and having him continue to split reps with Jett and Watson while we start seeing more of Ty Cooper and John Lewis and maybe even some of the incoming recruits if they are ready play more on the EDGE where they profile better for this defense?

I could also see MSU going after an EDGE/OLB type in the portal that fits our scheme better.

Maybe Brule ends up at Tulane? Who knows?

Anyway I think our biggest problem on defense really the past two years was the players didn't really fit a 3-3-5 scheme very well. It was like we were playing three DT's, three MLB's, and 3 box safeties and 2 elite corners. We had no pass rush and our safeties were abused all year.

Mjoelner34
12-03-2021, 05:32 AM

LOL!

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 06:26 AM
You're wrong. Held them to 100 yds under their total, less than 4 yds/carry, but they gashed us.

Ole miss did what they wanted to offensively. They had the ball 6 times the 2nd half and scored on 3 of them it could have been 4 but they decided not to. If it wasn't for Corral playing around with the int they would have scored 5 out of 6 drives the 2nd half. So yeah the 2nd half they gashed us and made us quit. They physically kicked us in the teeth.

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2021, 07:48 AM
I wonder if "forced his hand" means that we were considering sliding him to MLB and having him continue to split reps with Jett and Watson while we start seeing more of Ty Cooper and John Lewis and maybe even some of the incoming recruits

I don't know, but that seems like a conversation for spring practice.

SPMT
12-03-2021, 08:59 AM

Yeah, i don't think Johnson is impressive. He doesn't move well.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Ole miss did what they wanted to offensively. They had the ball 6 times the 2nd half and scored on 3 of them it could have been 4 but they decided not to. If it wasn't for Corral playing around with the int they would have scored 5 out of 6 drives the 2nd half. So yeah the 2nd half they gashed us and made us quit. They physically kicked us in the teeth.

So they "decided" not to score a 4th time and Corral was just playing around on that INT... . Our fans, wow.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2021, 10:53 AM

Good grief. No he's not, and it's not close. There are two guys redshirting this year who are better than him, and that's probably the reason he's moving on.

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 11:29 AM
There are some things that we just don't know and may never know and this may not have anything to even do with on the field stuff.

I believe he can be good and that we will miss him but if getting benched for Jett Johnson is what he is talking about about then it is what it is. People get benched, it's what happens at times. He may have had the higher ceiling but if you aren't playing to it on a consistent down to down basis you run the risk of getting benched. Jett was outplaying him much of the year and earned his playing time, that part is not debatable.

Completely agree. Looking forward to seeing what Jett can do next year.

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 11:36 AM
It seemed like Jett was in on most tackles toward the end of the year

Jett was the leading tackler for the whole team by 11 tackles. he finished with 88 total. Brule finished 4th with 53 total tackles. if we are going to really compare outside of total tackles.

Jett had:

1 pass deflection
1 INT
1 FF
2 FR

Brule had non one of those. The only thing that Brule had over Jett was Brule had 3 sacks Jett didn't have a sack.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 12:18 PM
So they "decided" not to score a 4th time and Corral was just playing around on that INT... . Our fans, wow.

So you think we stopped Ole miss the 2nd half? Yeah...our fans. They dominated the entire second half.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 12:20 PM
Good grief. No he's not, and it's not close. There are two guys redshirting this year who are better than him, and that's probably the reason he's moving on.

So two guys that have never played are better than the 2 year starter? Gotcha. This is based on your practice observation right?

Cowbell
12-03-2021, 12:53 PM
So two guys that have never played are better than the 2 year starter? Gotcha. This is based on your practice observation right?

Yeah losing a 2 year starter is rarely a good thing

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Just stop. You're beclowning yourself in this thread.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 01:31 PM
Just stop. You're beclowning yourself in this thread.

I think you are. Potential is nothing until proven. You don't move on to unproven Potential when a proven commodity is there.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2021, 02:00 PM
I think you are. Potential is nothing until proven. You don't move on to unproven Potential when a proven commodity is there.

What I'm telling you is the actual opinion of the staff. Choose to believe it or not. But your comment about Brule being the best LB on the team is absurd and completely detached from reality.

dawgman15
12-03-2021, 02:03 PM
He is a graduate transfer I dont see why some of you are getting your panties in a wad. Let him go check out other places he served us well in Starkville

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 02:29 PM
What I'm telling you is the actual opinion of the staff. Choose to believe it or not. But your comment about Brule being the best LB on the team is absurd and completely detached from reality.

Stats say otherwise. You also sound crazy pretending to speak on behalf of a coach.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2021, 03:03 PM
Stats say otherwise. You also sound crazy pretending to speak on behalf of a coach.

You sound crazy discounting what I know as a fact because it goes against how you feel. There are people here who know me. I don't post often.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 03:40 PM
So you think we stopped Ole miss the 2nd half? Yeah...our fans. They dominated the entire second half.

Well lucky for us Coral and Kiffin were just toying with us towards the end of the game. No way those two class acts would want to run up the score. Ya want to know why the didn't? They couldn't. Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself when you've been proven wrong by multiple posters.

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 03:49 PM
bulldawg28 and any others that are not big fans of coach leach.

Please list 3 coaching hires that WILL come to MSU if offered right now if we fire leach

Would love to hear them tbh

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Well lucky for us Coral and Kiffin were just toying with us towards the end of the game. No way those two class acts would want to run up the score. Ya want to know why the didn't? They couldn't. Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself when you've been proven wrong by multiple posters.

You're right. Ole Miss squeaked out the win and had us all in suspense until the clock reached zero. We were really close and dominated them the entire game. If our guys wouldn't have slipped on those blades of grass we would have made all the plays.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 03:56 PM

Please list 3 coaching hires that WILL come to MSU if offered right now if we fire leach

I have nothing against Leach he's just an old school guy coaching in modern times. He's done nothing that deserves firing. I also don't care if he loses to ole miss every year if he can win 8 or 9 games during the regular season.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense. He was probably happy we lost. Our fans...

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 03:57 PM
You sound crazy discounting what I know as a fact because it goes against how you feel. There are people here who know me. I don't post often.

And you don't know who I am.

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 03:59 PM
You're right. Ole Miss squeaked out the win and had us all in suspense until the clock reached zero. We were really close and dominated them the entire game. If our guys wouldn't have slipped on those blades of grass we would have made all the plays.

And you're right. It was all Jett's fault, right?

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 04:09 PM
And you're right. It was all Jett's fault, right?

Nope. The better team won.

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 04:13 PM
I have nothing against Leach he's just an old school guy coaching in modern times. He's done nothing that deserves firing. I also don't care if he loses to ole miss every year if he can win 8 or 9 games during the regular season.

I disagree, He will have to beat ole miss atleast every other year.

now, do you seriously think we should have beaten ole miss these past 2 years? honestly? we all knew year 1 was going to be a struggle and then this year ole miss was a top 10 team with a 1st round pick at QB with a ton of seniors

If he goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year and loses the egg, yes we will have a serious convo about leach but rn, i think he has done a good job so far and this is only the beginning of what we have in store with this guy imo

I could be wrong but I saw the egg bowl as a loss unlike some people, im a realist not a sun shine pumper or a doom and gloom guy. I tell it how i see it and ole miss is just a better team. Its that simple. I dont understand why people are so mad.

These next 2 years are lining up to be great years. But if they arent, ill agree with the doom and gloomers.

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 04:20 PM

now, do you seriously think we should have beaten ole miss these past 2 years? honestly? we all knew year 1 was going to be a struggle and then this year ole miss was a top 10 team with a 1st round pick at QB with a ton of seniors

If he goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year and loses the egg, yes we will have a serious convo about leach but rn, i think he has done a good job so far and this is only the beginning of what we have in store with this guy imo

I could be wrong but I saw the egg bowl as a loss unlike some people, im a realist not a sun shine pumper or a doom and gloom guy. I tell it how i see it and ole miss is just a better team. Its that simple. I dont understand why people are so mad.

These next 2 years are lining up to be great years. But if they arent, ill agree with the doom and gloomers.

And also unless they hit massively in the portal, next year i see them as the worst team in the sec west. We will see how good kiffin is, that is if he stays.

SEC west way too early predictions

1. Alabama ( will be very improved)
2. Mississippi State ( 50/50 games are all at home)
3. Texas A&M ( Jimbo always chokes down the stretch and on the road)
4. Auburn
5. LSU
6. Arkansas
7. Ole Miss

( could swap LSU and Auburn but i give it to auburn cause i think they will have the head to head over lsu)

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 04:27 PM

We should definitely be better next year. We also SHOULD beat Ole miss soundly the next two years unless Kiffin can get a Heisman transfer. However, I refuse to base a successful season around beating Ole Miss unless the scenario is swapped similar to what this game was to Ole miss this year.

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 04:30 PM
We should definitely be better next year. We also SHOULD beat Ole miss soundly the next two years unless Kiffin can get a Heisman transfer. However, I refuse to base a successful season around beating Ole Miss unless the scenario is swapped similar to what this game was to Ole miss this year.

I think its more important to beat them if you are having an average season than an above average season tbh.

If we go 10-2 next year and beat georgia but lose to ole miss. I wont be super mad.

If we go 7-5 or even 8-4 and lose the egg again. Yes i will be mad. Unless ole miss is a top 15 or top 10 team once again

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Nope. The better team won.

Who the 17 has been arguing that? You started all this bull by saying how much OM gashed us, supposedly because of Leach playing Jett over Brule. I guess you've forgotten all of that, prob because you knew it was stupid to begin with??

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Who the 17 has been arguing that? You started all this bull by saying how much OM gashed us, supposedly because of Leach playing Jett over Brule. I guess you've forgotten all of that, prob because you knew it was stupid to begin with??

You win ! Congrats bro.

bulldawg28
12-03-2021, 05:38 PM
I think its more important to beat them if you are having an average season than an above average season tbh.

If we go 10-2 next year and beat georgia but lose to ole miss. I wont be super mad.

If we go 7-5 or even 8-4 and lose the egg again. Yes i will be mad. Unless ole miss is a top 15 or top 10 team once again

Lol, win lose or draw in not giving ole miss the time of day thinking about them.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2021, 08:31 PM
And you don't know who I am.

No, but your shitty opinions in this thread tell all of us everything we need to know.

Ari Gold
12-03-2021, 09:40 PM

Bad coaching.... so if a kid transfers it?s bad coaching ? Got it.

Dak Holliday
12-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, we better get used to this. Every other fan base too. It?s much too easy to move if you think you can do better elsewhere. Has very little to do with coaching. Like Rico told Sheriff Brian Bozworth when he entered the portal, Rico?s time is now!!!

RougeDawg
12-03-2021, 11:15 PM
If I?ve said it once I?ve said it ten thousand times. We will be fine on defense.

Wish him the best and hope all is well.

bulldawg28
12-04-2021, 03:10 AM
No, but your shitty opinions in this thread tell all of us everything we need to know.

My opinion is more concrete than your fake "in the know, people know who I am attitude ".

bulldawg28
12-04-2021, 03:11 AM
Bad coaching.... so if a kid transfers it?s bad coaching ? Got it.

Is that what I said? I'm sure you've read my posts on this thread. If that's what you get from it go ahead. I'm not going back and forth with you and others wanting to have a last word.

Hambone
12-04-2021, 08:12 AM
You literally said “If so, that’s bad coaching”

Your words. Maybe you didn’t state your opinion like you wanted, but it’s sure what you said.

And by what you said, that was a stupid take. Very stupid

bulldawg28
12-04-2021, 09:10 AM
You literally said “If so, that’s bad coaching”

Your words. Maybe you didn’t state your opinion like you wanted, but it’s sure what you said.

And by what you said, that was a stupid take. Very stupid

That would be a stupid take. And very stupid to assume without continued reading, very stupid.