PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lane Today??

parabrave
12-02-2021, 03:22 PM
in honor of Bert Stare I'm starting a Where is lane thread.

Today Lane is in a holding pattern 250 over Orlando wondering if he will be in Atlanta or Miami this New Years.

Westdawg
12-02-2021, 04:06 PM
He?s been hitting the road with some staffers doing visits this week.
A couple guys I know on twitter who are big OM alums have taken pics with him while he?s been on the road.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 04:08 PM
He?s been hitting the road with some staffers doing visits this week.
A couple guys I know on twitter who are big OM alums have taken pics with him while he?s been on the road.

Did they ask him when is he gonna sign that extension?

Saltydog
12-02-2021, 05:12 PM
in honor of Bert Stare I'm starting a Where is lane thread.

Today Lane is in a holding pattern 250 over Orlando wondering if he will be in Atlanta or Miami this New Years.

There's gonna be some upset posters on here when he is still in Oxford next year..........

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 05:18 PM
There's gonna be some upset posters on here when he is still in Oxford next year..........

Good, let's see how well he does without a 1st round QB.

Ezsoil
12-02-2021, 05:18 PM

One side of me says he will be there ...but knowing how much he has to replace...I simply don't see him as a coach who has the patience to rebuild or reload. You won't have a year like this with so many high profile jobs are open....this may be his best chance to upgrade...

DownwardDawg
12-02-2021, 05:20 PM

Nah. Nobody else is offering him. He'll be there a while.

RezDog7
12-02-2021, 05:36 PM

No one will be upset. I hope he stays do we can beat their ass next year. But the talk of him possibly leaving will not help in recruiting so I hope it continues.

OLJWales
12-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Is there an IDGAF Crowd?

Leeshouldveflanked
12-02-2021, 06:08 PM

^^^^ This ^^^^ it seems the Peter Principle may be rearing its head with Kiffin. There were much better jobs than Ole Miss come open and none had interest in Kiffin.

starkvegasdawg
12-02-2021, 06:18 PM
Don't care if he's there or not. He isn't anything special. If we could have quit stepping on our dick all egg bowl we beat them easily. Let's see how good they are after they lose everything this season. As a coach he doesn't scare me piss all. It would have a Joe Moorhead effort to not do what they did this season.

HancockCountyDog
12-02-2021, 06:42 PM

If Miami fires Diaz, they will come get him.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2021, 06:49 PM
I'll tell you what the most like thing to happen is. He will eventually be linked very heavily to a higher profile job, by somebody, probably some of the usual suspects associated with them in the media. They will let it ride few days and then he will come out with a big statement about how wonderful Ole Miss, the Grove, and Oxford is and how he couldn't imagine being anywhere else because he loves it so much. Then they will announce a big new contract for him which he will immediately sign.

Catfish
12-02-2021, 06:58 PM
I'll tell you what the most like thing to happen is. He will eventually be linked very heavily to a higher profile job, by somebody, probably some of the usual suspects associated with them in the media. They will let it ride few days and then he will come out with a big statement about how wonderful Ole Miss, the Grove, and Oxford is and how he couldn't imagine being anywhere else because he loves it so much. Then they will announce a big new contract for him which he will immediately sign.

That's why most coaches have a good agent.

was21
12-02-2021, 07:00 PM
Probably biding his time until Saban retires

Leroy Jenkins
12-02-2021, 07:25 PM
If Miami fires Diaz, they will come get him.

After Christobol turns them down.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2021, 07:26 PM
That's why most coaches have a good agent.

The agent won't have a thing to do with it.

Catfish
12-02-2021, 07:32 PM
The agent won't have a thing to do with it.

The agent puts his name out there and the media picks it up. This has led to a lot of raises for coaches that have never been contacted or had any desire to leave.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2021, 07:46 PM
The agent puts his name out there and the media picks it up. This has led to a lot of raises for coaches that have never been contacted or had any desire to leave.

LOL, yeah that is how it works, except when it's a staged Ole Miss Flipmass party.

Pancho
12-02-2021, 08:10 PM
check OU insider for potential Lane info. He might not have been recruiting when he didn't show for corral to grab the Conerly.

BeardoMSU
12-02-2021, 08:25 PM
check OU insider for potential Lane info. He might not have been recruiting when he didn't show for corral to grab the Conerly.

That's a BS account.

Pancho
12-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Okay so why was he the first HC to not attend the Conerly presentation for his star player. He may not go anywhere but he sho has feelers out for OU and Miami still. relatives in sapaulpa say he is still number 1 on their board

preachermatt83
12-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Yup

PMDawg
12-02-2021, 10:09 PM
I can't see a big school coming for him. Maaaaaaybe, Miami. He's a good coach, but who would want to deal with his antics all day every day? He's a ticking time bomb. Ole Miss is about as big as it gets for him unless he matures. Bigger schools can get coaches who are just as good, or better, minus the antics. Ole Miss may have hit their jackpot. They'll put up with ANYTHING to feel like they matter.

PendingTransaction
12-02-2021, 11:02 PM
I can't see a big school coming for him. Maaaaaaybe, Miami. He's a good coach, but who would want to deal with his antics all day every day? He's a ticking time bomb. Ole Miss is about as big as it gets for him unless he matures. Bigger schools can get coaches who are just as good, or better, minus the antics. Ole Miss may have hit their jackpot. They'll put up with ANYTHING to feel like they matter.

Maybe some find him comical and consider him a national treasure.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 07:32 AM
I figure he signs his extension with the sharks this weekend. Then Lebby can decide whether he stays with Lane or go take the ULL job.

Santiago
12-03-2021, 08:45 AM
On Miami 247 site, they layout a really informative article on the crumbs leading to Cristobal being the Miami coach. After his game tonight, he has a decision. But Miami is using wealthy boosters that went to the same high school as Cristobal to convince him to return.
Also David Johnson last night posted Lane is signing contract soon. So actually that probably means, Lane waits to hear Cristobal's decision and hears Oregon say he is not a choice, and then signs the contract this weekend as if he planned it for the recruiting weekend.
But it is still strange that Kiffin does not have a HS QB committed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2021, 10:15 AM

I won't be. He ain't that great

Pancho
12-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Gabriel the QB transfer will go with Lebby. Kiffin is in on Miller from ohio state.

FoggyBottom
12-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Optimum exposure if contract extension announced Saturday so it can be scrolled ad nauseum at the.bottom of all the tv championship games. The guy knows media as good as any coach in the nation.