PDA

View Full Version : Coaching carousel megathread

Tater
11-29-2021, 07:59 PM
Just putting this somewhere for myself to copy / paste and keep up with this madness. Making trees to update as stuff changes. This is officially the wildest with LSU hiring Kelly away confirmed.

USC HC Lincoln Riley-> OU ??? (Strong indication it's Brent Venables HC w/ Lebby OC)
UF HC Billy Napier -> ULaLa ???
TCU HC Sonny Dykes -> SMU HC Rhett Lashlee -> Miami OC ???
LSU HC Brian Kelly -> ND ???
VT HC Brent Pry -> PSU DC ???
Washington HC Kaleb Deboer -> Fresno ???
Duke -> ???
Troy -> ???
Temple -> ???
Akron -> Oregon OC Joe Moorhead listed as favorite not official
FIU -> ???
La Tech HC Sonny Cumbie -> Texas Tech OC ???
Auburn OC -> ???
Miami??? Rumored to fire Diaz after buyout date. All indication are that he is not part of their future plans.

Let me know of ones I missed and I'll edit this post thanks.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2021, 08:02 PM
Rich Rod to Jax State

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:03 PM
ND gonna be fickell?

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:04 PM
This is a crazy year. I think Washington is a dumpster fire. They have a lady who was in charge of marketing as their AD, she makes a horrible hire of Clown Jimmy Lake.....then doubles down and hires the Fresno state coach.

I have no idea what OU is going to do but would really be surprised if they with two coordinators rather than an experienced HC. Matt Campbell is probably going somewhere but his offense doesn’t fit what Riley was doing.

Brian Kelly to LSU ? I guess the pressure cooker that is ND is too much for him......LSU is not going to be a walk in the park.

Tater
11-29-2021, 08:04 PM
ND gonna be fickell?

Meyer imo

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:08 PM
This is a crazy year. I think Washington is a dumpster fire. They have a lady who was in charge of marketing as their AD, she makes a horrible hire of Clown Jimmy Lake.....then doubles down and hires the Fresno state coach.

I have no idea what OU is going to do but would really be surprised if they with two coordinators rather than an experienced HC. Matt Campbell is probably going somewhere but his offense doesn’t fit what Riley was doing.

Brian Kelly to LSU ? I guess the pressure cooker that is ND is too much for him......LSU is not going to be a walk in the park.

Kelly is going where the players are you need to win big. Kelly is a good recruiter, but no urban or saban, so he can't pull sec athletes north. Kelly is gonna be able to get all he needs at LSU. I think he does very well

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:08 PM
Meyer imo

They absolutely should get urban if they can. He's the 2nd best college coach

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:13 PM
Urban to ND would be a great hire.

I really never liked Kelly.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Would ND look at Campbell?

Tater
11-29-2021, 08:17 PM
ND gonna be Meyer or promote Marcus Freeman. Matt Campbell will get a look but passed over.

OU hiring Venables as HC and Lebby as OC is all but confirmed now.

We'll see how Dabo can do with hiring a new DC. Something tells me he make a call to Manny Diaz. If Lane gets the Miami job then that is a huge win for State. Ole Miss would be gutted of everything and the kitchen sink.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2021, 08:23 PM
They absolutely should get urban if they can. He's the 2nd best college coach

I agree. And the people that think ND will never be back.......
The right hire will have ND in the playoffs every single year.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2021, 08:24 PM
Urban to ND would be a great hire.

I really never liked Kelly.

I never thought it was a good hire.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:30 PM
So if lane goes to Miami, what's stopping OM from getting freeze back? I hope it doesn't happen, but it really is a perfect fit between the two

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:46 PM
If Urban turns down ND I think Campbell might have a shot. His system would work well there, he’s Catholic and I think he’s mentioned that as a dream job.

KOdawg1
11-29-2021, 08:47 PM
So if lane goes to Miami, what's stopping OM from getting freeze back? I hope it doesn't happen, but it really is a perfect fit between the two

If you poll their fans, the majority would take him back in a heartbeat

KOdawg1
11-29-2021, 08:48 PM
A lot of ND fans want to promote their DC Freeman. He's a good coach

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:48 PM
If you poll their fans, the majority would take him back in a heartbeat

Not sure if NCAA or SEC would allow it, but I'm sure OM would be willing

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 08:49 PM
Lebby to AU as OC?

Stranger things have happened.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2021, 08:52 PM
Lebby to AU as OC?

Stranger things have happened.

He's going OU with Venables

Dawgfan77
11-29-2021, 09:04 PM
ND gonna be fickell?
LK has made known parties. He is interested..

SailingDawg
11-29-2021, 09:05 PM
Is Lane having a hissy with all these openings being filled? Or is he waiting on Miami?

Mathiston
11-29-2021, 09:05 PM
A lot of ND fans want to promote their DC Freeman. He's a good coach

Not happening. It will be Fickle.

Saltydog
11-29-2021, 09:10 PM
Meyer imo

ND not going to hire the ass grabber! Ain?t happening! They would rather lose than hire someone they perceive to be immoral.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 09:14 PM
ND not going to hire the ass grabber! Ain?t happening! They would rather lose than hire someone they perceive to be immoral.

Are you kidding me ?
ND fans are not above taking an ass grabber if it means a NC

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 09:24 PM
He's going OU with Venables

I saw that on Reddit. That could get interesting.

FISHDAWG
11-29-2021, 09:37 PM

Are you forgetting they stood by A foul mouthed Charlie Weise ? ND administration will look the other way if need be

Tater
11-29-2021, 09:38 PM
BOB to VT

KOdawg1
11-29-2021, 09:49 PM

Maybe so.

ND's 247 mod says Freeman is the leading candidate though with Fickle being #2.

Saltydog
11-29-2021, 09:54 PM
It?s not their fans, it?s their administration?..

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 09:54 PM
No way they hire Freeman, that’s a smoke screen. ND fans would riot.

SailingDawg
11-29-2021, 10:00 PM
It?s not their fans, it?s their administration?..

*Bishops

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 10:08 PM
Lot of chatter that Venables to OK is a done deal and will announced tomorrow. He is bringing Lebby to be his OC.

ND asst coach said he was in a recruits living room when he got the text. He said he felt like an ass sitting there with that kid knowing the coach he was committing to just walked out the door.

parabrave
11-29-2021, 10:09 PM

I think Freezus has been blackballed and he should be happy where he is at,

Schultzy
11-29-2021, 10:10 PM
Brian Kelly is splash hire but feels like an old retread past his prime.

parabrave
11-29-2021, 10:19 PM
Brian Kelly is splash hire but feels like an old retread past his prime.

I want to see what young assistants he can bring in and also what can he do with that Louisiana talent.

msstate7
11-30-2021, 08:14 AM
Does Deion Sanders get a look at a G5 school this year? He's done a really good job at JSU

Tater
11-30-2021, 08:16 AM
Matt Rhule has reached out to OU admin. Venables / Lebby might be on hold now. Very interesting development.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-30-2021, 08:20 AM
Deion has transformed JSU overnight it seems. They?ve packed the Vet a couple of times. It?s cool to see.

msstate7
11-30-2021, 08:28 AM
Matt Rhule has reached out to OU admin. Venables / Lebby might be on hold now. Very interesting development.

Rhule/joe brady would make Oklahoma forget Lincoln Riley quickly

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-30-2021, 08:35 AM
Looks like ND is trending to promoting their DC Marcus Freeman to HC

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 09:18 AM
The rumor is Manny will be fired tomorrow after his buyout drops.

That's why Lane has been so quiet about the coaching hires. Sexton has been working Miami hard for him. I would not be surprised if Manny is fired and Lane announced in the same day. It could get wild.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 09:19 AM

That's why Lane has been so quiet about the coaching hires. Sexton has been working Miami hard for him. I would not be surprised if Manny is fired and Lane announced in the same day. It could get wild.

http://media4.giphy.com/media/3ohA2Yh1puinrd2dzO/giphy.gif

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 09:25 AM

You're pretty obsessed with this, and that's okay. But is this one of those ED things where if you repeat it enough, it becomes true in your head? Do you have inside information or is this all wishful thinking?

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 09:38 AM
You're pretty obsessed with this, and that's okay. But is this one of those ED things where if you repeat it enough, it becomes true in your head? Do you have inside information or is this all wishful thinking?

Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.

Maverick91
11-30-2021, 09:51 AM
Meyer imo

he would kill it at ND.

StateDawg44
11-30-2021, 09:59 AM
A catholic school hiring Urban Meyer and all his recent antics?!!??

Lance Harbor
11-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Does this open up UMiss for Danny Mullen?

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 10:07 AM
Does this open up UMiss for Danny Mullen?

I think Mullen goes into commentary. He's scheduled to be on SEC Nation this Saturday giving his opinion on UGA/Bama. I wouldn't be too surprised if he has an ESPN gig next season.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 10:10 AM
A catholic school hiring Urban Meyer and all his recent antics?!!??

Can't he just say 3 hail Marry's and the slate is clean? I mean, my understanding of Catholicism is almost entirely informed by the Godfather films, but that should do the job for Urban...***

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 10:32 AM
Can't he just say 3 hail Marry's and the slate is clean? I mean, my understanding of Catholicism is almost entirely informed by the Godfather films, but that should do the job for Urban...***

So Urban will have his rival coaches assassinated during his introduction speech?***

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 10:38 AM
So Urban will have his rival coaches assassinated during his introduction speech?***

Urban's Opening line...

"Today I settle all Family business..."

ND Provost to the ND Prez: "I always thought it would've been Clemenza?"

Prez: "It's the smart move; Kelly's always been the smart one..."

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 11:19 AM
Mike Lombardi on Twitter:

LSU had a caterer booked for Sunday to announce Lincoln Riley as their next head coach. He bailed the last minute on them for USC.

Dawgology
11-30-2021, 11:26 AM
Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.

I don’t see them hiring a coach with an AD that makes no sense. It would be hilarious if Kiffin left like that but I just don’t see it. Now…it may happen in the next few weeks but I think they have to name a new AD first.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-30-2021, 11:35 AM
The early signing period makes these things speed up. Decisions have to be made quickly.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 11:45 AM
I don’t see them hiring a coach with an AD that makes no sense. It would be hilarious if Kiffin left like that but I just don’t see it. Now…it may happen in the next few weeks but I think they have to name a new AD first.

The new AD is also supposed to be announced tomorrow. I don't think it's a coincidence. If Manny was safe I believe the chancellor would have had that discussion with him already. They won't tell him anything.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 11:49 AM
Also per the Twitter:

Kelly talking to his asst. coaches at ND to come join him at LSU.

Stoops got what he wanted from UK AD. He's staying in Lexington.

Tater
11-30-2021, 11:59 AM
Brent Pry to VT not BOB ?

DownwardDawg
11-30-2021, 12:00 PM
Also per the Twitter:

Kelly talking to his asst. coaches at ND to come join him at LSU.

Stoops got what he wanted from UK AD. He's staying in Lexington.

Good for Stoops. He's done a great job there.

Tater
11-30-2021, 12:03 PM
Sonny Cumbie to La Tech. I think that means Graham Harrell may end up as Texas Tech OC. If not then potentially he will be Clemson OC.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 12:10 PM
Listened to Jake Wim yesterday and he had a Florida reporter on that said he spoke to high school coaches in Jacksonville that had never met Dan Mullen. He never set foot in their high schools. There was a 5* kid in Tampa that had FSU, Clemson and Miami in his top three. When asked about Florida he said no one had given him the time of day from there.

Dan had massive recruiting problems.

msstate7
11-30-2021, 12:19 PM
Listened to Jake Wim yesterday and he had a Florida reporter on that said he spoke to high school coaches in Jacksonville that had never met Dan Mullen. He never set foot in their high schools. There was a 5* kid in Tampa that had FSU, Clemson and Miami in his top three. When asked about Florida he said no one had given him the time of day from there.

I can sorta relate to him in that there's very little i'd hate worse than begging a kid to come play for me. Nevertheless, he gets paid a crap ton to do it, and he should work harder at it. Considering how much he likes recruiting, he should take his millions and play golf or whatever

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Luke Fickell on ND job per da Twitter:

"I'm worried about winning the AAC Championship. Is the job open? I guess it is. I wouldn't have known if somebody didn't tell me." (Paraphrased)

Yeah, okay Fickell.

Cowbell
11-30-2021, 01:02 PM

"I'm worried about winning the AAC Championship. Is the job open? I guess it is. I wouldn't have known if somebody didn't tell me." (Paraphrased)

Yeah, okay Fickell.

Someone is his agent...

parabrave
11-30-2021, 01:05 PM

That only works for the Jesuits, the mafia of the Catholic Church.

parabrave
11-30-2021, 01:06 PM

Well crap this is old news. We've known about this for 10 years

NCDawg
11-30-2021, 01:12 PM

Lots of speculation, but I doubt Kiffin leaves Ole Miss this year. More speculation is that Kiffin has Gabriel, the QB at UCF, to come in as his QB at Ole Miss next year. I understand Gabriel was previously recruited by Lebby. I guess we'll soon find out.

Coach34
11-30-2021, 01:30 PM
Lots of speculation, but I doubt Kiffin leaves Ole Miss this year. More speculation is that Kiffin has Gabriel, the QB at UCF, to come in as his QB at Ole Miss next year. I understand Gabriel was previously recruited by Lebby. I guess we'll soon find out.

If Kiffin gets the Miami job- he is gone. That's not speculation. I would be surprised if Cristobal left Oregon but I did see where his Mother's health could play a part in his decision. She lives in Fla I believe.

Kiffin has had a contract extension ready to go- he just hasnt signed it yet. He's letting things play out.

Tater
11-30-2021, 01:46 PM
If Kiffin gets the Miami job- he is gone. That's not speculation. I would be surprised if Cristobal left Oregon but I did see where his Mother's health could play a part in his decision. She lives in Fla I believe.

Kiffin has had a contract extension ready to go- he just hasnt signed it yet. He's letting things play out.

Been told by my miami source it's unofficially official that Diaz is gone. Cristobal is 1 and Kiffin is 2 and no one is spilling which accepted it. No other names mentioned. Curious if Miami so the ACC team that has the million dollar offer to Harrell at OC. Riley has already told Harrell to look elsewhere.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 01:49 PM

Like 34 said he's got an extension that's been sitting on his desk for two weeks now. Lebby may take Gabriel to Oklahoma with him. Lebby ain't staying Oxford. He's gone asap.

And like I've said before if Manny was truly safe the chancellor would have told him by now. He's totally in the dark. They have a nice recruiting class to hold together.

KOdawg1
11-30-2021, 01:49 PM
Been told by my miami source it's unofficially official that Diaz is gone. Cristobal is 1 and Kiffin is 2 and no one is spilling which accepted it. No other names mentioned. Curious if Miami so the ACC team that has the million dollar offer to Harrell at OC. Riley has already told Harrell to look elsewhere.

Well, if Cristobal accepts it, then Kiffin to Oregon makes all the sense in the world.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Well, if Cristobal accepts it, then Kiffin to Oregon makes all the sense in the world.

They'd just promote Moorhead.***

Tater
11-30-2021, 02:09 PM
They'd just promote Moorhead.***

You joke but (and this is purely speculation on my part) the slowness on confirming Moorhead to Akron coupled with the lack of announcer raise for Cristobal makes me wonder there's thought Cristobal might leave and if so that Oregon would promote Joe. I don't see Oregon hiring Kiffin. It makes sense for him because he is striking while the iron is hot. But I don't see them believing he'd stay there longterm.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 03:43 PM

But Kiffin left a Florida gig. Granted Old Miss is better but couldn't he have just waited if that's his "dream job"?

Catfish
11-30-2021, 03:50 PM
But Kiffin left a Florida gig. Granted Old Miss is better but couldn't he have just waited if that's his "dream job"?

I think he knew he could take the Ole Miss job and pad his resume, especially with Corral.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 03:52 PM
Urban's Opening line...

"Today I settle all Family business..."

ND Provost to the ND Prez: "I always thought it would've been Clemenza?"

Prez: "It's the smart move; Kelly's always been the smart one..."

https://i.postimg.cc/gkQWtCG9/345-E1-C72-5-FA3-43-A1-9-ABB-CAB87-AF2-A18-C.jpg

"Tom, can you do anything? For old times sake?"

RocketDawg
11-30-2021, 03:57 PM
I think he knew he could take the Ole Miss job and pad his resume, especially with Corral.

Not to mention he's making considerably more money at OM than he was at FIU, so he made a few million waiting on Miami.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 04:05 PM

FAU ain't nowhere near as good as Miami. Miami needs someone to fire them up and get the mojo going again. Kiffin fits it to a tee. It's not about a "dream job". It's about taking the "right job" when the opportunity presents itself.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 04:10 PM
Dennis Dodd per da Twitter:

Luke Fickell is number one on ND's list. They are willing to wait. Fickell is a devout Catholic.

NCDawg
11-30-2021, 04:28 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/gkQWtCG9/345-E1-C72-5-FA3-43-A1-9-ABB-CAB87-AF2-A18-C.jpg

"Tom, can you do anything? For old times sake?"

Can't do it, Sallie.

Coach34
11-30-2021, 05:17 PM

He made an extra 6-7 million and elevated his profile. Easy decision

Coach34
11-30-2021, 05:21 PM
Plus- Mississippi is not a destination job no matter how much they want it to be. You can’t win a title there. It’s a stepping stone to a blue-blood just like we are.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 05:35 PM
Can't do it, Sallie.

Awesome!

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 05:39 PM
Well you guys know better than I *slight snicker*. Guess we'll know in a day or two. I'm willing to bet my newly gifted 2500 V-Cash that ole Kiffy is right at home at OM and will be there next year. I'll take all bets... unless I can't go negative, of course.

preachermatt83
11-30-2021, 05:49 PM
I honestly think cristobal takes the Miami job and I think Moorhead gets a strong look at Oregon.

preachermatt83
11-30-2021, 05:52 PM
Well you guys know better than I *slight snicker*. Guess we'll know in a day or two. I'm willing to bet my newly gifted 2500 V-Cash that ole Kiffy is right at home at OM and will be there next year. I'll take all bets... unless I can't go negative, of course.

I actually agree that kiffin will be at ole miss next year.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2021, 06:07 PM
I don't think Kiffin is as highly sought after as people want to believe.

The Federalist Engineer
11-30-2021, 06:13 PM

Moorehead to Miami, that should be a monstrously profitable dark horse VCash bet.

Old Article:

https://caneswarning.com/2020/01/03/miami-football-consider-fired-miss-st-coach-joe-moorhead-oc/

New Article:
https://caneswarning.com/2021/10/13/five-potential-miami-football-candidates-with-head-coaching-experience/3/

If MSU is still paying JM any money in 2022, this great news for John Cohen for JM to get a job that will mitigate some of his MSU salary. Put that money into buying croots for Leach.

Activated Alpha
11-30-2021, 06:16 PM
I fully believe Kiffin will be at OM next year. Also willing to place a bet

Pancho
11-30-2021, 06:19 PM
He will be as long as he has a transfer QB on hand.

Catfish
11-30-2021, 06:27 PM
He will be unless Miami calls!

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 06:45 PM
I don?t see them hiring a coach with an AD that makes no sense. It would be hilarious if Kiffin left like that but I just don?t see it. Now?it may happen in the next few weeks but I think they have to name a new AD first.

The new AD at Miami is supposed to be FAU's AD who is very close with Lane.

The new AD will not want to keep Manny Diaz and will want to start fresh with his own coaching hire, wouldn't you think that FAU AD and Kiffin talk?

It makes sense tbh.

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 06:45 PM
I honestly think cristobal takes the Miami job and I think Moorhead gets a strong look at Oregon.

No on that second one. No

was21
11-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Catholicism as depicted by the Godfather films is about as accurate as the Godfather films are to the American mafia...not even close

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 06:51 PM
I think their is some thought about cristobal going to Miami but they wont elevate Joe. Joe has to prove himself again by taking a smaller head coaching job before he can get a job like Oregon. He might could get a mid tier G5 job

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Kiffin may very well be here next year, but only if Cristobal takes the Miami job. I do think Manny gets fired b/c they've had him hanging in limbo for three days now. The season is over. Tell him if he still has a job or not.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2021, 07:27 PM
I don't think Kiffin is as highly sought after as people want to believe.

Whether I despise him or not, dude, you win 8,9,10 games at 'Florida whatever' and Old Miss, you are sought after. Period.

RocketDawg
11-30-2021, 07:37 PM

Yeah, okay Fickell.

Dennis Dodd per da Twitter:

Luke Fickell is number one on ND's list. They are willing to wait. Fickell is a devout Catholic.

If he's that devout, does the Catholic church condone lying like he did in the first paraphrased quote (pretty sure that's oxymoronic, but it seems to fit)

Todd4State
11-30-2021, 08:04 PM
Whether I despise him or not, dude, you win 8,9,10 games at 'Florida whatever' and Old Miss, you are sought after. Period.

He needs to show that he can sustain that over a 4-5 year period. Something he has never done. And is a concern with his immaturity. Basically he has shown that he can win with someone else's players.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:17 PM
If he's that devout, does the Catholic church condone lying like he did in the first paraphrased quote (pretty sure that's oxymoronic, but it seems to fit)

Oh, it got better. ND wants to concentrate on locking down all the Catholic school football players in the Mid-West. They think Fickell is the man to lead this crusade.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 08:19 PM
Oh, it got better. ND wants to concentrate on locking down all the Catholic school football players in the Mid-West. They think Fickell is the man to lead this crusade.

Crusade, indeed, lol...

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:23 PM
Crusade, indeed, lol...

wink, wink.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:26 PM
Manny is staying.

The U just officially tweeted it out a few minutes ago.

Oh, well. This why I don't gamble and leave my 401k to the professionals.

lastmajordog
11-30-2021, 08:26 PM
Kiffin may very well be here next year, but only if Cristobal takes the Miami job. I do think Manny gets fired b/c they've had him hanging in limbo for three days now. The season is over. Tell him if he still has a job or not.

As I've said on many post. LK stays at om, gets a good portal qb for next year to bide time while the #Network acquires talent. Ox has all the “side" that Lk needs. Money is just a frivolous lawsuit away for the talent for the second coming. “Manning to the 3rd power". Saban can’t coach forever.....Stars are aligning up. Hope I'm wrong but it really does look like it but it appears om has glory days coming.......I truly hope I’m wrong.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:30 PM
As I?ve said on many post. LK stays at om, gets a good portal qb for next year while the #Network acquires talent. Ox has all the ?side? that Lk needs. Money is just a frivolous lawsuit away for the talent for the second coming. ?Eli x 2?. Stars are aligning up. Hope I?m wrong but it really does look like it.

It looks that way. But is Lebby staying?

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:32 PM
Manny is staying.

The U just officially tweeted it out a few minutes ago.

Oh, well. This why I don't gamble and leave my 401k to the professionals.

**** me dammit.

It's a fake account. There is not official word from The U.

Manny may yet be gone.

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 08:33 PM
**** me dammit.

It's a fake account. There is not official word from The U.

Manny may yet be gone.

You get a boo-box timeout, Trap, lol.

TrapGame
11-30-2021, 08:37 PM
You get a boo-box timeout, Trap, lol.

I show myself to the penalty box. Damn.

I knee jerked instead of verifying. It sent the CFB sub on Reddit into a meltdown.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2021, 08:53 PM
Come on Beardo, you're slipping!

https://c.tenor.com/mZFGIXhjOGUAAAAM/its-a-trap-trap.gif

Tater
11-30-2021, 09:19 PM
I show myself to the penalty box. Damn.

I knee jerked instead of verifying. It sent the CFB sub on Reddit into a meltdown.

Don't trust reddit ever tbh. Manny should be gone by the time you wake up Thursday morning. Still no word on who they're looking at.

Latest I've heard from Okie Heavy is that Lebby to OU may not be happening so fast. Speculation on my part is Lebby knows Kiffin has the Miami job and that the Ole Miss job is his now that they know that would be the only way to keep him. But again that's speculation. I haven't been told anything outside of there seems to be a hang up with Lebby and Matt Rhule said he was interested.

Fwiw I don't think Rhule bring Joe Brady with him. Brady seems like a guy who hates recruiting and now that he's in the NFL, he's staying. Mullen should do the same imo.

Dawgology
11-30-2021, 09:44 PM
Don't trust reddit ever tbh. Manny should be gone by the time you wake up Thursday morning. Still no word on who they're looking at.

Latest I've heard from Okie Heavy is that Lebby to OU may not be happening so fast. Speculation on my part is Lebby knows Kiffin has the Miami job and that the Ole Miss job is his now that they know that would be the only way to keep him. But again that's speculation. I haven't been told anything outside of there seems to be a hang up with Lebby and Matt Rhule said he was interested.

Fwiw I don't think Rhule bring Joe Brady with him. Brady seems like a guy who hates recruiting and now that he's in the NFL, he's staying. Mullen should do the same imo.

I expect to see Danny Boy in the NFL for college again. But he’s a dumbass so you never know. Haha

Coursesuper
11-30-2021, 09:50 PM
I expect to see Danny Boy in the NFL for college again. But he’s a dumbass so you never know. Haha

Not a dumbass, just an asshole.

Dawgology
11-30-2021, 10:00 PM

Well…he makes odd choices at times. Maybe it’s more pride than dumbassedry. I still say if he was fully committed at state he would have got us into the playoffs eventually. Probably 2018.

Cowbell
11-30-2021, 10:07 PM

Holloway up the middle says different....

And that whole Scientology bit...

And letting his wife mouth kiss college guys...

Coursesuper
11-30-2021, 10:09 PM
Well…he makes odd choices at times. Maybe it’s more pride than dumbassedry. I still say if he was fully committed at state he would have got us into the playoffs eventually. Probably 2018.

Look, the guy is a world class ass. He was looking for a gig from 15 on and was told in no uncertain word that shit was over, stay here or go on. He went on, his and some of his staffs bs was wearing very thin here but he could get away with it, at UF that crap didn?t fly and once it went south for him he wasn?t getting any help. It was his ass and all his doing. 17 that guy.

msstate7
11-30-2021, 10:13 PM
Dan got to go to an sec championship, 3 straight NY6 bowls, and he got a 12 million dollar buyout. Not so sure he wouldn't do it again...

bigplayslay
11-30-2021, 10:16 PM

Anybody else curious what the hell Hevesy is gonna do for a job lol?

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 10:27 PM
Anybody else curious what the hell Hevesy is gonna do for a job lol?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwPle60XAAMzQnb.jpg

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 10:28 PM
As I've said on many post. LK stays at om, gets a good portal qb for next year to bide time while the #Network acquires talent. Ox has all the “side" that Lk needs. Money is just a frivolous lawsuit away for the talent for the second coming. “Manning to the 3rd power". Saban can’t coach forever.....Stars are aligning up. Hope I'm wrong but it really does look like it but it appears om has glory days coming.......I truly hope I’m wrong.

Steve robertson to the rescue

BeardoMSU
11-30-2021, 10:31 PM
Can't do it, Sallie.

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/aint_the_way_godfather.gif

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 10:32 PM
If they announce that Manny diaz is staying, i think that miami fans are going to riot the way tennessee fans rioted when the Ohio St OC took the job at Tennessee and it forced them to look another way and get rid of him within a day.

Catfish
11-30-2021, 10:34 PM
If they announce that Manny diaz is staying, i think that miami fans are going to riot the way tennessee fans rioted when the Ohio St OC took the job at Tennessee and it forced them to look another way and get rid of him within a day.

Yeah, I think you're right. The fans want Manny gone. They've been very vocal about his firing.

PikeDawg15
11-30-2021, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I think you're right. The fans want Manny gone. They've been very vocal about his firing.

I have not seen 1 miami fan defend manny diaz and ive seen hundreds want his head on a spike.

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Bruce Feldman:

Akron to announce Joe Moorhead as their next head coach after the PAC 12 championship game.

BeardoMSU
12-01-2021, 09:11 AM
Bruce Feldman:

Akron to announce Joe Moorhead as their next head coach after the PAC 12 championship game.

Good for him. Hope he does well.

Catfish
12-01-2021, 09:21 AM
He deserves it. Good luck Joe!

Maverick91
12-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Is bill Clark not going to taken?

smootness
12-01-2021, 11:45 AM
As I've said on many post. LK stays at om, gets a good portal qb for next year to bide time while the #Network acquires talent. Ox has all the ?side" that Lk needs. Money is just a frivolous lawsuit away for the talent for the second coming. ?Manning to the 3rd power". Saban can?t coach forever.....Stars are aligning up. Hope I'm wrong but it really does look like it but it appears om has glory days coming.......I truly hope I?m wrong.

Let's all chill a bit here.

NCDawg
12-01-2021, 12:50 PM
https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/aint_the_way_godfather.gif

I can handle things-I'm smart. Not like everybody says.

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 02:50 PM
Joel Klatt:

How would Sooners feel about Matt Rhule?

Sounds like the possibility of Rhule to OK is heating up.

msstate7
12-01-2021, 02:54 PM
Joel Klatt:

How would Sooners feel about Matt Rhule?

Sounds like the possibility of Rhule to OK is heating up.

This would be another great hire.

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 03:24 PM
And now this...

Bruce Feldman:

I've been told Matt Rhule to Oklahoma is not happening.

Dawgology
12-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Did I hear right? Kiffin skipped the Connerly presentation? Is that normal?

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Did I hear right? Kiffin skipped the Connerly presentation? Is that normal?

No way. You're shitting us, right?

Was that why every pic I've seen has Corral sitting with Will and Leach talking before the award?

lefty96
12-01-2021, 04:18 PM

Was that why every pic I've seen has Corral sitting with Will and Leach talking before the award?

He's not in 'THE' picture w/ Corral holding the trophy, that's for sure.

DawgFromOxford
12-01-2021, 05:01 PM
So when is this Manny Diaz firing going to happen?

Catfish
12-01-2021, 05:05 PM

If it happens it should be tomorrow. That is when his buyout drops to $2 million.

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Awful cruel to leave that man hanging like this. Make it public you're keeping him. It's not hard.

Manny must feel as lonely and forgotten as Kiffin's extension does right now.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2021, 05:21 PM
As I've said on many post. LK stays at om, gets a good portal qb for next year to bide time while the #Network acquires talent. Ox has all the ?side" that Lk needs. Money is just a frivolous lawsuit away for the talent for the second coming. ?Manning to the 3rd power". Saban can?t coach forever.....Stars are aligning up. Hope I'm wrong but it really does look like it but it appears om has glory days coming.......I truly hope I?m wrong.

If Kiffin is still at OM next year, he won't get a quarterback in the portal that can run that type of offense as efficiently as Corral has. It's not a done deal that Arch goes to OM either. UGA says hello. The Network got Cutcliffe as the OM coach to make sure that Eli chose OM, as that wasn't a definite either without Cutcliffe being there.

Dawgology
12-01-2021, 06:50 PM
If Kiffin is still at OM next year, he won't get a quarterback in the portal that can run that type of offense as efficiently as Corral has. It's not a done deal that Arch goes to OM either. UGA says hello. The Network got Cutcliffe as the OM coach to make sure that Eli chose OM, as that wasn't a definite either without Cutcliffe being there.

This.

Arch is Georgia bound. He doesn't want to live in the shadows of Archie and Eli and he wants to have an actual chance at winning the SEC and NC.

Dawgology
12-01-2021, 06:51 PM

I'm not shitting you. Everyone I've talked to or read reports from say he wasn't there. Weird that no Mississippi papers would report that right??????? They sure liked to put Mullen out there for every job. What a bunch of pussies.

SteelCurtain74
12-01-2021, 07:19 PM
You would think if Kiffin was at the Conerly presentation one of the local news stations would have interviewed him. I've seen Leach's interview from last night but nothing from Kiffin.

Santiago
12-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I'm not shitting you. Everyone I've talked to or read reports from say he wasn't there. Weird that no Mississippi papers would report that right??????? They sure liked to put Mullen out there for every job. What a bunch of pussies.

I read on the TSUN 247 site, a fan asked David Johnson about this, and where was Lane. David sidestepped it by diverting into a little rant about how the Conorly presentation invites a player from every small college that does not have a chance etc. Basically avoided it.
I saw Bryan on twitter (is he on here?) retweeted Lane showing he landed at the Jackson airport, and then did not show up.
David Johnson had said yesterday Lane and coaches were going to visit Trevion Williams, and then this morning he had to revise it and say Lane was not going and it would just be Nix.
Late last night Lane offered several 2024 recruits from the Miami/South Florida area.

All of that is just odd.

TrapGame
12-01-2021, 07:37 PM
And what the hell is up with all these ole miss guys hitting the portal over the last 24-48 hours? I think 4 have hit the portal so far.

RocketDawg
12-01-2021, 07:59 PM
I read on the TSUN 247 site, a fan asked David Johnson about this, and where was Lane. David sidestepped it by diverting into a little rant about how the Conorly presentation invites a player from every small college that does not have a chance etc. Basically avoided it.
I saw Bryan on twitter (is he on here?) retweeted Lane showing he landed at the Jackson airport, and then did not show up.
David Johnson had said yesterday Lane and coaches were going to visit Trevion Williams, and then this morning he had to revise it and say Lane was not going and it would just be Nix.
Late last night Lane offered several 2024 recruits from the Miami/South Florida area.

All of that is just odd.

He flew from Oxford to Jackson? For such a short trip, isn't that a bit extreme and expensive?

KOdawg1
12-01-2021, 09:14 PM

Told ya.

KOdawg1
12-01-2021, 09:15 PM
And what the hell is up with all these ole miss guys hitting the portal over the last 24-48 hours? I think 4 have hit the portal so far.
They're gonna take a shit ton from the portal too. It's their only way to have a chance to be competitive next year.

Tripp McNeely
12-01-2021, 09:16 PM

All of that is just odd.

They've had 8 players enter the portal! Rats jumping off a sinking ship?

Dawgology
12-01-2021, 10:25 PM
Told ya.

Always keep the receipts

Pancho
12-01-2021, 10:47 PM
They've had 8 players enter the portal! Rats jumping off a sinking ship?

Those guys weren't getting any PT and should all go look in the sunbelt

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 12:29 PM
Per Twitter:

Steve Addazio has been fired as head coach at Colorado State.

Add another chair to the carousel.

Extendedcab
12-02-2021, 12:52 PM
I'm still waiting for the Miami/Diaz announcement? is it going to happen?

Catfish
12-02-2021, 01:02 PM
Not sure now. Really quiet in Miami.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 01:35 PM
I'm still waiting for the Miami/Diaz announcement? is it going to happen?

Not sure now. Really quiet in Miami.

But no word on Manny keeping his job. It's real simple. Other coaches have been told they're safe, raises, extensions. Not Manny.

I think they are waiting on Cristabol to wrap up the PAC12 first. He has been very quiet.

FriarsPoint
12-02-2021, 01:48 PM
Miami is going to hire an AD before they hire a coach.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Miami is going to hire an AD before they hire a coach.

Something's going on. The AD search has gone off the grid. There are no new articles on the search.

Catfish
12-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Something's going on. The AD search has gone off the grid. There are no new articles on the search.

Makes you wonder if they know who the new AD is and they're discussing the potential new coach. Maybe announce both the same day.

Activated Alpha
12-02-2021, 02:08 PM
Kiffin will sign the extension, I can just feel it

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Makes you wonder if they know who the new AD is and they're discussing the potential new coach. Maybe announce both the same day.

I kinda wonder if the new AD is Kiffin's buddy from FAU. He wants Kiffin, period. But, there's a group of big boosters that want to at least give Cristabol a chance to say yes or no. They are at an impasse at the moment.

Just really odd stuff going on. You'd think if the final couple of AD candidates were okay w/ keeping Manny it would out in the public that he's safe.

Catfish
12-02-2021, 02:29 PM
I guess they're going to wait on the new AD and let him make the call on Manny. Don't know, I'm just shootin from the hip.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Brett McMurphy:

The Miami AD search is officially a cluster****.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1466492697485660161?s=21

PikeDawg15
12-02-2021, 03:05 PM
Word is Kiffin is waiting on the Miami offer currently and so is lebby. Lebby will get the Ole Miss job if Kiffin Decides to leave

Lebby is a candidate for the ULL job and he will take it if kifffin signs the extension with ole miss but he will not sign that because he wants miami and he's waiting for them to make a move.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Bronco Mendenhall out at UVA.

Dan Mullen would be a good fit for this job. Big money without high expectations.

Lance Harbor
12-02-2021, 05:25 PM
You are quite connected in the ULL/Miami/UMiss circles. Color me impressed.

Word is Kiffin is waiting on the Miami offer currently and so is lebby. Lebby will get the Ole Miss job if Kiffin Decides to leave

Lebby is a candidate for the ULL job and he will take it if kifffin signs the extension with ole miss but he will not sign that because he wants miami and he's waiting for them to make a move.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 05:27 PM

Dan Mullen would be a good fit for this job. Big money without high expectations.

He was really good a BYU. That's a shame.

Tripp McNeely
12-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Should pretty much lockdown Trent Ramsey for the good guys

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2021, 06:02 PM
He was really good a BYU. That's a shame.

He resigned - it sounds like he may be burned out.

TrapGame
12-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Just read an article borrowing from the Miami Herald saying Diaz is pissed he?s being left in limbo. His asst. coaches are pissed bc they want to be able to find other jobs now not next month. Recruits are backing away from Diaz. His QB recruit asked him point blank yesterday if he was going to be there next year and Manny said honestly ?I don?t know.?

PikeDawg15
12-03-2021, 02:06 PM
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1466841292286140424?s=21

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 04:37 PM
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1466841292286140424?s=21

"Make a run at..."

Doesn't sound very confident on getting Cristobal.

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 04:39 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1466864004026953735?s=20

Oregon prepared to offer Mario Cristobal Riley/Kelly kind of money to stay in Eugene.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2021/12/canzano-miami-may-be-waiting-on-mario-cristobal-but-oregon-has-its-arms-around-him.html

It sounds like Miami wants a firm NO from Cristobal before going to Kiffin.

msstate7
12-03-2021, 04:43 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1466864004026953735?s=20

Oregon prepared to offer Mario Cristobal Riley/Kelly kind of money to stay in Eugene.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2021/12/canzano-miami-may-be-waiting-on-mario-cristobal-but-oregon-has-its-arms-around-him.html

It sounds like Miami wants a firm NO from Cristobal before going to Kiffin.

What in the world has he done to deserve huge money?

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 04:50 PM

Probably worth the loot just to keep the stability right now. You have so many top tier programs in need, I wouldn't want to add my name to that hat.

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2021, 04:51 PM

Well, he's gotta better winning % at Oregon than Jimbo does at A&M - so that oughta be good for something LOL

TrapGame
12-03-2021, 04:52 PM

Oregon doesn't want to go on another coaching search. Cristobal has done well for them.

msstate7
12-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Well, he's gotta better winning % at Oregon than Jimbo does at A&M - so that oughta be good for something LOL

Jimbo would own the pac12 at Oregon. Playoff contender ever year

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 04:55 PM

But, but, but Jimbo won a title along with O and Chizik. Makes him elite...

Turfdawg67
12-03-2021, 04:56 PM

Delete for repeat...

Maverick91
12-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Jimbo would own the pac12 at Oregon. Playoff contender ever year

Jimbo would be the same program he has at A&M, they look good, they sound good, their pockets are loaded with cash, but for some reason they just cannot get past the hump. He might be one game better at Oregon each year. MIGHT.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 05:59 PM
Do the Trane tracks go to Oregon after Mario goes to Miami? His wife is ready to bolt from Eugene.

Pancho
12-03-2021, 06:26 PM
Mario appears to have just agreed to go to Miami. See my last post.

msstate7
12-03-2021, 06:37 PM
He's a good recruiter. This will hurt FSU and Florida. I don't know how good of a coach he is though

Quaoarsking
12-03-2021, 06:42 PM
He's a good recruiter. This will hurt FSU and Florida. I don't know how good of a coach he is though

If he's a good recruiter and still put in this kind of record, that doesn't say much about his development/gameplanning ability:
https://i.imgur.com/I9fcI68.png

Keep in mind that the Sun Belt was much worse back then than it is today, and a good coach should have been able to win consistently in it.

However, he may have learned a lot from Saban and cleared up his deficiencies, since he has been better at Oregon (though with more resources and money than most in the conference have).

msstate7
12-03-2021, 06:50 PM
If he's a good recruiter and still put in this kind of record, that doesn't say much about his development/gameplanning ability:
https://i.imgur.com/I9fcI68.png

Keep in mind that the Sun Belt was much worse back then than it is today, and a good coach should have been able to win consistently in it.

However, he may have learned a lot from Saban and cleared up his deficiencies, since he has been better at Oregon (though with more resources and money than most in the conference have).

He's done a good job at Oregon. Certainly nothing spectacular, but good

PGHBulldogBG
12-03-2021, 10:07 PM
Tonight is a prime example of a real coach (Whittingham) vs a recruiter (Cristobal) and it was the same results 3 weeks ago

Pancho
12-04-2021, 07:45 AM
Oklahoma should go after Whittingham.

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2021, 08:13 AM
Tonight is a prime example of a real coach (Whittingham) vs a recruiter (Cristobal) and it was the same results 3 weeks ago

And somehow Cristobol is going to twist this situation into a huge raise from
Oregon. They are working on the deal now. Coaching college football is where it's at.