PDA

View Full Version : Thamel reporting Brian Kelly to LSU

MetEdDawg
11-29-2021, 07:56 PM
Announcement as early as tomorrow

I think that's an awful hire but time will tell.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2021, 07:58 PM
I would welcome him to the SEC. They are better off keeping O and spend that money on top notch DC and OC.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 07:59 PM
I disagree. I think LSU did very well.

TUSK
11-29-2021, 08:01 PM
Heard the same from my sauce....

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2021, 08:03 PM
Mullen to ND?

99jc
11-29-2021, 08:04 PM
For Kelly, interest in LSU could simply be an opportunity to push Notre Dame administration to commit to facility upgrades, spend more money toward staff hires and/or extend his contract.

Asked last week whether he would have any interest in other jobs, Kelly gave a strong denial.

"I mean, look, I think Mike Tomlin had the best line, right?" Unless that fairy godmother comes by with that $250 million check, my wife would want to take a look at it first. I'd have to run it by her," said Kelly.

LSU reached out to Kelly early in its process with Kelly turning down the Tigers, according to The Athletic, which first reported LSU targeting Kelly on Monday.

Mjoelner34
Mullen to ND?

As OC under HC Urban Meyer.

msstate7
Mullen to ND?

He wishes.

StarkVegasSteve
Brian Kelly about to screw Cincinnati yet again. If Kelly goes to LSU then Fickell is as good as gone to ND

SailingDawg
11-29-2021, 08:05 PM
I think it will be interesting to see how he does.

Venables to Oklahoma?

BeardoMSU
11-29-2021, 08:05 PM
I disagree. I think LSU did very well.

Agreed

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:11 PM
I can’t remember another ND coach who left them for a better job. That’s a place you get fired from or quit.

It has academic and cultural restraints he wouldn’t have at LSU , but LSUs fan base is no less rabid and insane than NDs. It might be worse.

His schedule will sure as heck be worse.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:13 PM
I can’t remember another ND coach who left them for a better job. That’s a place you get fired from or quit.

It has academic and cultural restraints he wouldn’t have at LSU , but LSUs fan base is no less rabid and insane than NDs. It might be worse.

His schedule will sure as heck be worse.

Absolutely it will. His team talent is gonna be way higher though

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:18 PM
So who does kelly go get as a qb?

vv83
11-29-2021, 08:22 PM
Announcement as early as tomorrow

I think that's an awful hire but time will tell.

Why would that be an awful hire? I hate it for us, that's a home run for LSU. Dude has won everywhere he's been, and has done so in places that aren't necessarily easy to recruit, and have strict academic restrictions

MetEdDawg
11-29-2021, 08:29 PM
Why would that be an awful hire? I hate it for us, that's a home run for LSU. Dude has won everywhere he's been, and has done so in places that aren't necessarily easy to recruit, and have strict academic restrictions

I don't think he's a particularly great coach at a traditionally big time university.

He's benefitted from not being in a decent conference and having his bigger rivals be very sub par during his time. Stanford, USC, And every time he's faced a quality SEC opponent he's gotten smoked.

This year, they beat a bad FSU team by 3 points in OT, beat Akron by 3 points, and beat Va Tech by 3 points. They've gotten better, but I think they've recruited better talent and that this heavy ACC schedule they are playing has allowed them to look good playing weak teams.

I'm not convinced he can go to LSU and play SEC teams with SEC talent week in and week out and compete for a national title, which will be the expectation at LSU.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2021, 08:29 PM
I don't think that's a good hire at all. I guess time will tell.

basedog
11-29-2021, 08:39 PM
Good Coach but he is going to Red Stick and he ain't beating Bama. Doesn't scare me. I'm sure he was way down there list and the Corn Dogs needed a name Coach hire. Btw, ND plays a soft schedule compared to Lsu and the west conference so it will test him big time.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 08:41 PM
Just bc he was good at ND does not correlate to him being good at LSU. But, we know a nutless, retarded monkey could coach LSU to 7 or 8 wins a year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:43 PM
Kelly liked a running q b at Cincy I believe, I think the ND fan base wanted a traditional offense. Now that he’s at LSU I’ll bet he goes back to a running q b.

RocketDawg
11-29-2021, 08:44 PM
Mullen to ND?

They probably wouldn't hire a Scientologist. **

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2021, 08:47 PM
Notre Dame.... you are on the clock.

defiantdog
11-29-2021, 08:49 PM
ND won't win a natty until they join a conference. Smart move for Kelly but shits about to get a lot harder for him.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:52 PM
ND won't win a natty until they join a conference. Smart move for Kelly but shits about to get a lot harder for him.

Lsu is in an incredibly tough conference, but it is a really easy place to win big. You have a national brand, and you have tremendous HS talent in your state with no in-state rival.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 08:53 PM

Yeah, I think his first year at LSU is gonna be a real eye opener.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 08:54 PM
They probably wouldn't hire a Scientologist. **

Now it all makes sense. Mullen is kind of a weird guy IMO, he’s a Scientologist.

Irondawg
11-29-2021, 09:03 PM
If they pull this off then I don't see how they could have done better once Riley sailed West.

That's a heck of a pull and way better than Jimbo or some of the other names they've been linked to.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2021, 09:10 PM

I disagree about not winning a Natty. All they have to do is make the right hire.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 09:12 PM
I disagree about not winning a Natty. All they have to do is make the right hire.

Correct. Urban could win one as an independent.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure about Kelly. I think he's a good coach but he's spent so much time up north just not sure how he's gonna gee haw with those crazy cajuns. It's gonna be interesting for sure.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 09:14 PM
Correct. Urban could win one as an independent.

Urban could win a natty at a bunch of schools. Not sure who all you can put at ND and win and natty

basedog
11-29-2021, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure about Kelly. I think he's a good coach but he's spent so much time up north just not sure how he's gonna gee haw with those crazy cajuns. It's gonna be interesting for sure.

ND will get an upgrade HC, Lsu ain't what they use to imo.

redstickdawg
11-29-2021, 09:27 PM
I'm surprised by this. Some have mentioned Fickell, to me he is the diamond in the rough that I would have gone after if lsu.

preachermatt83
11-29-2021, 10:12 PM
If lsu will give him time , Kelly will win, and win big there. He is a very good coach

basedog
11-29-2021, 10:16 PM
If lsu will give him time , Kelly will win, and win big there. He is a very good coach

He is 60 years old.

Catfish
11-29-2021, 10:17 PM
He is 60 years old.

Same age as Leach.

basedog
11-29-2021, 10:23 PM
Same age as Leach.

Yep, Leach has coached in Sec and other places. Kelly was at Cincy and ND, both play soft schedules. Also MSU is laid back compared to Red Stick. I bet he never sucked the head from a crawfish! LOL.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 10:25 PM
The money being reported for Riley and Kelly is stupid money! Bama gonna have to pony up little Nicky getting left behind lol

Coach34
11-29-2021, 10:28 PM
Notre Dame hasnt won a Natty since I was in HS. 1 natty since 1980. He had them in the playoff a couple of times. He did a great job there.

Great hire by LSU. Les Miles and Ed Orgeron won titles there. It doesnt take a genius to win at LSU

Medic601
11-29-2021, 11:41 PM
They are reporting LSU is paying him in the neighborhood if $15mil/yr?. What in the blue hell has this come to? That?s over $5mil a year than Saban is making! 🤣😂 did they really have to pay that much to get someone to go to LSU? Ha

msstate7
11-29-2021, 11:45 PM
They are reporting LSU is paying him in the neighborhood if $15mil/yr?. What in the blue hell has this come to? That?s over $5mil a year than Saban is making! 🤣😂 did they really have to pay that much to get someone to go to LSU? Ha

That's more than bill belichick

Medic601
11-29-2021, 11:50 PM
That's more than bill belichick

?CBS Sports? Dennis Dodd is reporting that Kelly will make around $15 million per year as LSU?s next head coach.?

Saying the contract is 10 year $100 million. They could have pulled Belichick for that! Those idiots in BR will pay some stupid amounts to try and win a football game. Lol

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 11:58 PM
Yep told y'all it was stupid money for Kelly and Riley both

bobtail bob
11-30-2021, 12:54 AM
?CBS Sports? Dennis Dodd is reporting that Kelly will make around $15 million per year as LSU?s next head coach.?

Saying the contract is 10 year $100 million. They could have pulled Belichick for that! Those idiots in BR will pay some stupid amounts to try and win a football game. Lol

They say the money comes from donors or whatever but most of it comes out of the taxpayers pockets here in LA. The political ties to LSU divert funds to pay for athletics at the college under the table . Nobody cares, the populace is fine with it. Rape our daughters we send up there, we'll cover it up, just don't stop the games. They will do anything for one more gameday of getting drunk and hurling insults at people. It's all they live for. As you might have guessed, I hate coonasses. Vile and morally corrupt people.

Todd4State
11-30-2021, 01:44 AM
I think this is a good hire for LSU and he will have about the same amount of success as Miles and Coach O. It doesn't scare me like Lincoln Riley going there would have. And it will be curious to see what kind of offense he runs there.