View Full Version : Tweet: Lincoln Riley Didn't Want OK In The SEC

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 11:39 AM
https://twitter.com/georgewrighster/status/1465062644797169665

Take it as you will.

-embedded tweet - Scooba

Saltydog
11-29-2021, 11:45 AM
Deep down inside I think a lot of people were probably thinking that factored into his decision........

msstate7
11-29-2021, 11:46 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/zGCpzTc9/2-F85-F510-DF8-C-4-CCF-98-EE-4-F6-AB719-BAAA.jpg (https://postimg.cc/18zDMVPH)

Hahahahhahahahah... someone should tell the "young athletes"

confucius say
11-29-2021, 11:52 AM
Wow

DownwardDawg
11-29-2021, 12:00 PM
Lmao at that reply to the tweet. What a dubmass.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 12:04 PM
Deep down inside I think a lot of people were probably thinking that factored into his decision........

If it did, its the smartest thing he has done all season.

Volunteering to go from the Big XII to the SEC is like asking to switch from fighting Jake Paul to Canelo. The payday may be higher, but holy hell you are gonna get beat up.

Just ask Jimbo how much he is liking the SEC. He has a 34-14 record. CDM just got fired after going 34-15. So yeah, enjoy the West coast and having to play one or two tough games a season. Its the smart move. Its why Kiffin bolts for Miami if that job comes open.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 12:08 PM

Volunteering to go from the Big XII to the SEC is like asking to switch from fighting Jake Paul to Canelo. The payday may be higher, but holy hell you are gonna get beat up.

Just ask Jimbo how much he is liking the SEC. He has a 34-14 record. CDM just got fired after going 34-15. So yeah, enjoy the West coast and having to play one or two tough games a season. Its the smart move. Its why Kiffin bolts for Miami if that job comes open.

This.

And the SECW is a Murderer's Row. Georgia played Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech back to back while Alabama played a hyped Arkansas and Auburn. The West is a butcher shop.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 12:12 PM

I like to think most coaches that reach the top of the profession aren't pusses

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2021, 12:15 PM
This.

And the SECW is a Murderer's Row. Georgia played Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech back to back while Alabama played a hyped Arkansas and Auburn. The West is a butcher shop.

Georgia played Charleston Southern, a step up from where GSU is currently. Big difference.****

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 12:17 PM

Agreed. Smh at some of these people.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 12:19 PM
Thanks Scooba. I can embed a YouTube vid but for the life of me can't embed a Tweet.

Dawgface
11-29-2021, 12:21 PM

Yeah.....what a leftist reply. Pretty typical tho. Riley simply didn't want the stiff competition in the SEC.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 12:21 PM

You would think.

I wonder if Sark is looking to jump ship too.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 12:28 PM

If your goal is to win a national championship - you take the job that gives you the best shot. Do you think Dabo is called a ***** for staying at Clemson and bum rushing the ACC and not playing a single good team until the playoffs was a bitch move?

I sure don't. I don't get why people think that there is a degree of difficulty awarded to the team that wins the national title. There isn't. You make the playoffs and you win two games. Making the playoffs is the key here.

USC has name recognition and can be a top 10 program with the right coach and has the schedule to make it happen.

OU is staring at becoming Nebraska. Their knowledgable fans know this is coming. They are about to become Nebraska. No amount of coaching can stop what is coming. They are going from playing Kansas, KSU and Iowa State to Georgia, Bama, and LSU. When you are the first to sell a failing stock, doesn't make you a *****, it makes you the smartest man in the room.

Cowbell
11-29-2021, 12:32 PM

Lincoln is a whiner

Coursesuper
11-29-2021, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=TrapGame;1390418]https://twitter.com/georgewrighster/status/1465062644797169665

Take it as you will.

-embedded tweet - Scooba[/QUOTE

I completely get it, he made the smart move viewed from 10,000 ft. Go to a situation with all the resources you could ask for, and not have to go much more that 100 miles in any direction to recruit. If we could get out of the SEC and into the ACC and still receive the check we are getting from the conference it would be a no brainer, alas, that ain't happening.

Commercecomet24
11-29-2021, 12:42 PM
If your goal is to win a national championship - you take the job that gives you the best shot. Do you think Dabo is called a ***** for staying at Clemson and bum rushing the ACC and not playing a single good team until the playoffs was a bitch move?

I sure don't. I don't get why people think that there is a degree of difficulty awarded to the team that wins the national title. There isn't. You make the playoffs and you win two games. Making the playoffs is the key here.

USC has name recognition and can be a top 10 program with the right coach and has the schedule to make it happen.

OU is staring at becoming Nebraska. Their knowledgable fans know this is coming. They are about to become Nebraska. No amount of coaching can stop what is coming. They are going from playing Kansas, KSU and Iowa State to Georgia, Bama, and LSU. When you are the first to sell a failing stock, doesn't make you a *****, it makes you the smartest man in the room.

Yeah, if I was a coach I would do whatever gave me the best shot at winning a NC. Wherever or whatever that might be. The moneys great yes, but most competitors want that championship above anything else and you do whatever it takes to get it. If it means moving on from where you're at you do it, at least I would.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 12:44 PM

Dabo has an elite program. Why would he leave? Do you think he'd bolt if Clemson joined the sec? I think not

Johnson85
11-29-2021, 12:46 PM

^^^THIS^^^

Texas and OU have both benefitted a lot from being in the Big 12 and not a stronger conference. Their teams would likely have been better if they had been in the SEC and gotten challenged in the regular season more, but their records would have been much worse. Oklahoma is probably about to turn into A&M, and be a good program that is arguably more relevant nationally than they are in their own conference.

Of course with a pod system, maybe more SEC teams will be able to stay in the playoff hunt with the entire conference not having to go through either Bama or UGA.

Johnson85
11-29-2021, 12:49 PM
Dabo has an elite program. Why would he leave? Do you think he'd bolt if Clemson joined the sec? I think not

Dabo has an elite program and still would have his championship opportunities probably cut in half if he joined the SEC. Oklahoma is not quite elite and will go from being in the playoff discussion almost every year to it being the exception. I don't think Riley is a p**** for recognizing that OU fans are going to have expectations that are not realistically attainable with OU being in the SEC.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 12:53 PM
Dabo has an elite program and still would have his championship opportunities probably cut in half if he joined the SEC. Oklahoma is not quite elite and will go from being in the playoff discussion almost every year to it being the exception. I don't think Riley is a p**** for recognizing that OU fans are going to have expectations that are not realistically attainable with OU being in the SEC.

When is the last time a pac12 team was in the playoffs? Oklahoma woulda had a tougher path for sure, but they'd also get players they couldn't before bc that SEC patch on the helmet

defiantdog
11-29-2021, 12:53 PM
Give me a break. Elite coaches aren't afraid of competition. They thrive on it to build their egos. If they're afraid of competition, then they wash up

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 12:55 PM

You are missing my point. Clemson wasn't always an elite program. Spurrier shoved it in his face for years.

He stayed at Clemson and benefited from not playing in the SEC. He didn't leave for jobs in the SEC because he knew he had an easier path to the playoffs in the ACC. Hell for years, he couldn't beat SC. The reason he was able to make the playoffs was because he signed Watson and didn't have to play top 15 teams every other weekend.

Why would you want to volunteer to play in the SEC West right now. I mean LSU is a 6-6 team. A&M is an 8-4 team. These are talented programs with recruiting bases and tons of money.

If my life is on the line and I can fight one guy, or I can fight 5 guys at once. I'm not a ***** for choosing to fight one guy. It shows I'm rational.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:01 PM
We'll see about Riley. I think that mindset is a weak one. Riley didn't run Oklahoma off the rails, but he didn't elevate the program... he just maintained what stoops built. Lincoln will have to build now.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Give me a break. Elite coaches aren't afraid of competition. They thrive on it to build their egos. If they're afraid of competition, then they wash up

Yeah - thats why it is so easy for Vanderbilt to hire great coaches.

Dan Mullen is a good football coach. He just got fired for going 34-15. Jimbo is making almost 10 million and he is 34-14.

You know make good coaches? Very smart people. Coach O is a moron. Les Miles is a moron. Lincoln Riley just made a very smart move for his career. Who knows if it will pan out, but based on the early returns of how every CA kid that OU had committed is about to switch to USC, it would seem like it was a very smart move for him.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:04 PM
We'll see about Riley. I think that mindset is a weak one. Riley didn't run Oklahoma off the rails, but he didn't elevate the program... he just maintained what stoops built. Lincoln will have to build now.

If your goal is to live - and you had to fight 4 people or 1 person, why is it a weak mindset to choose to fight 4 people at once.

That simply isn't rational. Coach O would choose to fight 4 people.

A smart coach would fight 1 person, and try and figure out how to get the other 4 people to help him fight the one person.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:06 PM
If your goal is to live - and you had to fight 4 people or 1 person, why is it a weak mindset to choose to fight 4 people at once.

A smart coach would fight 1 person, and try and figure out how to get the other 4 people to help him fight the one person.

You should recruit for us...

"Hey 4-star in Brookhaven, why go to state where it will hard to win when bama wants you? It's just smart bc it's the easier path to winning"

Thank God some kids still have a pair unlike Riley haha

chef dixon
11-29-2021, 01:10 PM
Lets not act like USCw isn't a destination job. They've sucked for 10 years but its still a premier brand and its in Los Angeles. Its just not going to resonate with your typical SEC fan.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Lets not act like USCw isn't a destination job. They've sucked for 10 years but its still a premier brand and its in Los Angeles. Its just not going to resonate with your typical SEC fan.

There's absolutely potential, but they've done nothing since the early 2000s. They've won the pac12 1 time in the last 14 years.

I actually wish usc would rebound bc it's good for CFB, but I have a hard time pulling for a coach that's scared.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:18 PM

And Ed o has a natty. Why? Bc the talent is here (south). The best players wanna play in the best conference

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:21 PM

"Hey 4-star in Brookhaven, why go to state where it will hard to win when bama wants you? It's just smart bc it's the easier path to winning"

How many recruiting battles have we won against Bama in the last 10 years? You think a winning strategy for our football team is to go head to head against Bama? We beat them for Simmons and who else? I'm genuinely trying to think of who else we beat them out for?

Now, if you are just trying to have a sound bite and not actually answer the question, then that is cool with me. Recruiting a kid to your school is way different than choosing a school to coach at. You do understand that, right? There are lots of ways to get kids to campus, but if you are a coach - its way easier to recruit at LSU and Bama than it is at the oxford and MSU. I mean, is that a point you are arguing?

Whatever Riley is doing, is working for USC since OU has lost about 5-6 four and five star commits in the last 24 hours, they are all leaving for USC apparently.

If you just want to call Riley a *****, I'm here for it, but you also have to admit that it is the smart move if he wants to win a national title. If you can't admit that, then you are just trolling. I guess since Bucky has disappeared, you are bored. lol

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:23 PM
And Ed o has a natty. Why? Bc the talent is here (south). The best players wanna play in the best conference

Whoa, whoa, - Ed O has a natty because LSU has a great recruiting base and LSU can guarantee top 5 recruiting classes.

How is being in the best conference helping Vandy, Mizzou, SC, Us, the bears, Arkansas, TN in landing Five Star recruits?

Please tell me how many five stars these schools have ready to play for them, because they are in the SEC? I'll hang up and listen.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2021, 01:25 PM

2 days ago you said Riley was a "great hire" at LSU. Now it's a "we'll see" thing?

Did running over to USC totally change your mindset on him?

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:27 PM
Whoa, whoa, - Ed O has a natty because LSU has a great recruiting base and LSU can guarantee top 5 recruiting classes.

How is being in the best conference helping Vandy, Mizzou, SC, Us, the bears, Arkansas, TN in landing Five Star recruits?

Please tell me how many five stars these schools have ready to play for them, because they are in the SEC? I'll hang up and listen.

Didn't realize vandy, mizzou, SC, us, OM, ark, and tenn were on Oklahoma's level? Cool

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:29 PM
2 days ago you said Riley was a "great hire" at LSU. Now it's a "we'll see" thing?

Did running over to USC totally change your mindset on him?

That mindset. I don't think great competitors have that mindset. Now I see why he wanted no part of the nfl, he doesn't want any part of equal competition

ETA... for all the hell ive given leach, at least he wasn't scared to go play with the big boys

Coach34
11-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Les Miles is a moron. .

Les Miles is not a moron. Les Miles refused to change his offense to modern times. While you can question how smart that is, it's a very common trait among veteran coaches.

bigplayslay
11-29-2021, 01:32 PM

The argument for that kid would be he could play right away though, right? Which would be less competition for playing time if you really think about it. It's a good opportunity to bring a previous college football power back to prominence. Maybe he's looking at it that way. You're not wrong in saying he's taking the easier path but I don't necessarily think it's a bad move haha.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:36 PM
The argument for that kid would be he could play right away though, right? Which would be less competition for playing time if you really think about it. It's a good opportunity to bring a previous college football power back to prominence. Maybe he's looking at it that way. You're not wrong in saying he's taking the easier path but I don't necessarily think it's a bad move haha.

My comment was in jest, but I coulda made it realistic by saying some of these fringe sec recruits could go to big10 and other conferences bc they have better shots at winning that middle of pack sec schools. For the most part though, they come to sec schools bc great competitors wanna compete against the best

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:44 PM
That mindset. I don't think great competitors have that mindset. Now I see why he wanted no part of the nfl, he doesn't want any part of equal competition

ETA... for all the hell ive given leach, at least he wasn't scared to go play with the big boys

You do understand that you are basically calling out Saban? Saban has admitted that he left the NFL because he couldn't sign or draft more than one impact player a year. He said screw it, I'm going to a school that I can sign 10 first round picks every year.

So is Saban not a great competitor? Does he not have the right mindset? He chose an opportunity that allowed him an advantage over his current job, despite running away from the NFL. To go to a Bama program that was in shambles.

This should be an interesting response.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 01:48 PM
You do understand that you are basically calling out Saban? Saban has admitted that he left the NFL because he couldn't sign or draft more than one impact player a year. He said screw it, I'm going to a school that I can sign 10 first round picks every year.

So is Saban not a great competitor? Does he not have the right mindset? He chose an opportunity that allowed him an advantage over his current job, despite running away from the NFL. To go to a Bama program that was in shambles.

This should be an interesting response.

He left Miami bc the DA doctors at Miami failed brees in spite of him pushing for drew. In college, he makes all the decisions so his fate is in his hands.

As a saints fan, good job, dolphin doctors

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 01:49 PM
Les Miles is not a moron. Les Miles refused to change his offense to modern times. While you can question how smart that is, it's a very common trait among veteran coaches.

I'm sorry, any coach that tried to call a timeout after his team intercepted a pass, is a moron.

ImissCityBagel
11-29-2021, 01:51 PM

This. Riley saw the writing on the wall, and did what was best. IMO OU and Texas are going to go through a few coaches until they can hit their stride in the SEC. Why do that when you can play an easy Pac 12 schedule and dominate the recruiting in that area?

maroonmania
11-29-2021, 01:54 PM
This. Riley saw the writing on the wall, and did what was best. IMO OU and Texas are going to go through a few coaches until they can hit their stride in the SEC. Why do that when you can play an easy Pac 12 schedule and dominate the recruiting in that area?

It was good enough for Bobby Bowden. He was adamantly against FSU coming into the SEC back in the day so they obliged him and went to the ACC. Would Bowden have left if FSU had gone to the SEC in spite of what he wanted? Guess we will never know.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 02:00 PM
It was good enough for Bobby Bowden. He was adamantly against FSU coming into the SEC back in the day so they obliged him and went to the ACC. Would Bowden have left if FSU had gone to the SEC in spite of what he wanted? Guess we will never know.

Seems like a dumb decision by Bowden more than a competitive decision. The sec wasn't all that great mid-80s to 1990. FSU joined acc in 1990

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 02:01 PM
He left Miami bc the DA doctors at Miami failed brees in spite of him pushing for drew. In college, he makes all the decisions so his fate is in his hands.

As a saints fan, good job, dolphin doctors

Dear god you are insufferable when you are wrong.

Saban has admitted on more than one occasion that he left Miami because he didn't like that he could only add one impact player a year and that he couldn't create the talent advantage that he needs to dominate. He has said on multiple occasions both publically and privately that being at Bama has allowed him to sign 10 first rounders every year and not just one through the draft.

He didn't want to simply have to compete with other coaches, he wanted the the talent advantage that Bama could give him. Apparently he didn't want to compete in the NFL and left for an easier gig. I guess he didn't have the msstate7 mindset of a winner.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 02:04 PM
Dear god you are insufferable when you are wrong.

Saban has admitted on more than one occasion that he left Miami because he didn't like that he could only add one impact player a year and that he couldn't create the talent advantage that he needs to dominate. He has said on multiple occasions both publically and privately that being at Bama has allowed him to sign 10 first rounders every year and not just one through the draft.

He didn't want to simply have to compete with other coaches, he wanted the the talent advantage that Bama could give him. Apparently he didn't want to compete in the NFL and left for an easier gig. I guess he didn't have the msstate7 mindset of a winner.

Saban,

"Look when the Miami Dolphins were going to sign Drew Brees. Drew was coming to Miami when I was the coach there. He was going to be the quarterback. That?s all we needed. We just went 9-7, and all we needed was a quarterback to be a playoff team. We were going to sign Drew Brees as a free agent. Dr. (James) Andrews operated on him, and I went to Birmingham to see Dr. Andrews, and he said it?ll be fine. Our doctors failed him on the physical. (Drew) was there to sign with us. I actually made a deal with his agent that he wouldn?t tell anybody for 72 hours he failed his physical until New Orleans signed him. That?s how he ended up in New Orleans.

?So, I decided right then when that happened that we don?t have a quarterback in the NFL, we?re not going to win. I?m getting out of here. I?m not staying here. I?m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn?t know his a? from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn?t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can?t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why.?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nick-saban-decided-to-leave-miami-when-dolphins-didnt-land-drew-brees/ar-AAMpE4v#:~:text=Saban%20was%20asked%20to%20name%20 some%20of%20the,failed%20Brees%20on%20his%20physic al%20over%20Saban?s%20objections.

ETA.. maybe you know saban on a more personal basis. I'm just taking him at his word

msstate7
11-29-2021, 02:14 PM
BTW, when saban came back to the sec, urban Meyer was rolling and LSU had just won a natty. He didn't go to a weak conference

tcdog70
11-29-2021, 02:16 PM

what? FlaSt could have joined the SEC but Bobby Bowden didn't want the ass whippings. Some elite Coaches are Elite because they play the cup cakes.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 02:23 PM
Saban,

"Look when the Miami Dolphins were going to sign Drew Brees. Drew was coming to Miami when I was the coach there. He was going to be the quarterback. That?s all we needed. We just went 9-7, and all we needed was a quarterback to be a playoff team. We were going to sign Drew Brees as a free agent. Dr. (James) Andrews operated on him, and I went to Birmingham to see Dr. Andrews, and he said it?ll be fine. Our doctors failed him on the physical. (Drew) was there to sign with us. I actually made a deal with his agent that he wouldn?t tell anybody for 72 hours he failed his physical until New Orleans signed him. That?s how he ended up in New Orleans.

?So, I decided right then when that happened that we don?t have a quarterback in the NFL, we?re not going to win. I?m getting out of here. I?m not staying here. I?m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn?t know his a? from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn?t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can?t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why.?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nick-saban-decided-to-leave-miami-when-dolphins-didnt-land-drew-brees/ar-AAMpE4v#:~:text=Saban%20was%20asked%20to%20name%20 some%20of%20the,failed%20Brees%20on%20his%20physic al%20over%20Saban?s%20objections.

ETA.. maybe you know saban on a more personal basis. I'm just taking him at his word

Imagine that, Saban spinning a story that has been disputed to make himself look like a genius.

Why didn't he just draft a QB or develop one? Why did he quit because he didn't have a QB. Sounds like a ***** move to me, even if you believe him. I mean a competitor doesn't just quit because one little thing doesn't go his way?

So Saban left a job because he didn't think he could be as competitive and simply quit, while lying about it consistently for weeks, and yet his mindset is considered the best in college football?

According to your standard, he quit and didn't want to compete in the NFL and took the easy way out, exactly like Riley did by skipping out on the SEC and go to the PAC 12; It is exactly the same.

Dak Holliday
11-29-2021, 02:32 PM
Well, the committee would love to not pick 2 SEC schools. Some coaches see that there are several paths that lead to the CFP. Most are relatively clear, but there are 2- the Big10 and SEC- that are thickets, full of briars, limbs, holes, etc. with the SEC being the worse of the two. Can you survive? Maybe. If you do, are you healthy enough to win it all? Maybe not. Some folks want to win a race, not a demolition derby.

LC Dawg
11-29-2021, 02:34 PM
All the high profile coaches negotiate 8 figure buyouts that guarantee them millions if they fail. I say they're all pussies.**

msstate7
11-29-2021, 02:35 PM
Imagine that, Saban spinning a story that has been disputed to make himself look like a genius.

Why didn't he just draft a QB or develop one? Why did he quit because he didn't have a QB. Sounds like a ***** move to me, even if you believe him. I mean a competitor doesn't just quit because one little thing doesn't go his way?

So Saban left a job because he didn't think he could be as competitive and simply quit, while lying about it consistently for weeks, and yet his mindset is considered the best in college football?

According to your standard, he quit and didn't want to compete in the NFL and took the easy way out, exactly like Riley did by skipping out on the SEC and go to the PAC 12; It is exactly the same.

It would probably help your point more if saban didn't come back to the freaking SEC. If he had gone to an acc school or ND, it could certainly paint him as scared

maroonmania
11-29-2021, 02:38 PM
Seems like a dumb decision by Bowden more than a competitive decision. The sec wasn't all that great mid-80s to 1990. FSU joined acc in 1990

Even then the SEC was a way better football conference than the ACC. At the time FSU thought they would rule the roost in the ACC and for a long time they did. During Miami's best years they weren't even in the ACC. The only other team that the ACC had that was consistently pretty good when FSU joined was VT under Beamer.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2021, 02:38 PM
Riley knows he's nothing special. He knows OK is nothing special in the SEC. Took the easiest route he could find. Go look at how many kids OK gets from Cali.

dawgday166
11-29-2021, 04:45 PM
You are missing my point. Clemson wasn't always an elite program. Spurrier shoved it in his face for years.

He stayed at Clemson and benefited from not playing in the SEC. He didn't leave for jobs in the SEC because he knew he had an easier path to the playoffs in the ACC. Hell for years, he couldn't beat SC. The reason he was able to make the playoffs was because he signed Watson and didn't have to play top 15 teams every other weekend.

Why would you want to volunteer to play in the SEC West right now. I mean LSU is a 6-6 team. A&M is an 8-4 team. These are talented programs with recruiting bases and tons of money.

If my life is on the line and I can fight one guy, or I can fight 5 guys at once. I'm not a ***** for choosing to fight one guy. It shows I'm rational.

I agree with this. Saban is on record as leaving Mich St cause he couldn't out recruit Mich. And while I know the Miami story I've always wondered why he didn't stay and draft a stud QB. And to me it comes down to $$ and he knew he could out recruit everybody at Alabama. Saban didn't take a job at Ms State, OM, or Ky.

Dabo stayed at Clemson and built it up. His 1st Natty winning team averaged like 11 or so in recruiting rankings over the Soph/Jr/Sr classes I believe. Not only that, when OM starting beating Saban he was complaining in pressers about the hurry up offense not being safe to players (specifically his players), cause he couldn't substitute his 2nd Dline/LBs against OM Oline that had played the whole game. It evened out the field for Freeze. Saban does a lot of lobbying IMO. I will give him credit tho that he went and adapted to the way the college game was evolving.

So what we're really addressing tho is Riley taking USC job. Hell, I think that was very smart. You're at a historic blue blood. You have a ton of talent in Cali you can practically own, and you really only have to beat Oregon, Utah, maybe and up-and-comer in UCLA, maybe Wash year in year out. And he won't get fired in 3 years if he doesn't beat Saban and Kirby, or if he loses to Leach, Jimbo, or Kiffin. Playing in SEC he can lose a game any given weekend for the most part. USC was very smart move for him IMO.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 05:41 PM
Interestingly, aTm and mizzou started out well in sec...

First 3 years:
Mizzou 26-12
aTm 27-11

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2021, 05:42 PM
This.

Yeah, but Georgia played someone when Bama was playing Mercer.