PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else a little concerned....

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 11:25 AM
that after two decent outings by our team the last few weeks, many are chalking this Arkansas game up as a W?

What happens if we lose? I know where all of the Hud/Fire Mullen folks will be....but I'm talking about the majority of the board/fanbase. Those of us that are wanting to let these last two play out. Where does that leave us?

I'll admit, I have seen enough encouraging play the last few weeks to where I feel pretty good about this game, so I'm not real sure what it does to me or to our fan base as a whole if we drop a game to a bad Arkansas team after playing 2 pretty good games against highly ranked opponents.

Thoughts?

(Don't take this thread to a bad place, please)

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-19-2013, 11:30 AM
If we had a healthy Dak I would say that we do win easily. I think it will be a close one. On paper our defense matches up well against their offense. I will have to see if Dak can play or not to see how confident I am.

TrapGame
11-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I think we can beat Ark with a decent running game. I'd even like to see Damian in the diamond formation with Shump and Perkins and just run all over their asses. We can do this vs Ark but OM will be a different beast.

I don't think we lose to Arkansas until the score board tells me otherwise.

Goat Holder
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM
If Damian Williams starts at quarterback, we lose. It's a -2 spread and I'm assuming Vegas thinks Russell or Prescott will start. And we really won't be able to get on Mullen about it.

Logic says this will be a workmanlike game for us. We won't be fired up like we were vs. Alabama. It's not possible. Anyone who feels good about Arkansas right now is smoking crack. Russell or Prescott HAS to play.

Dawgface
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
We have never beaten Ark there. No way am I chalking that game up as a win. We do have a decent chance though.

Barking 13
11-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Win or lose, I want to see relentless effort, preparedness, and discipline in the next two games... which has been my biggest beef all year, besides the obvious snafus by the staff...

biscuit
11-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Gonna be a tough game, make no bones about it. Our QB is up in the air, we usually play poorly over there, Week after Bama, Hogs really want this game.....It'll take a very great effort to get this one.

DownwardDawg
11-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm right there with you. I vented my frustrations enough. I'm going to try to maintain even if we drop a turd at Arkansas. I will be ready for him to go that day, but I'll refrain from blowing a gasket.
With that said, I think we win that game. The matchup looks good for us. I kinda thought we would play Bama good because again, the matchup played into the hands of our defense. We just need a little offense against Arky and we'll win. Ole Miss is a different matter. It's not a good matchup for our offense, but Dak gives us a chance if he plays. If Dak is out against the bears, we will not win.

Disclosure: I'll be drinking that day because it's my 1st Saturday off in a while. Any hatred I spew towards Mullen cannot be held against me. Any "F" bombs dropped should be overlooked. If my love for Hud becomes unbearable that day, I cannot be held responsible for that either. None of these actions should lead to the banning of me because I am otherwise a rational poster. :cool:

DawgInMemphis
11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Win or lose, I want to see relentless effort, preparedness, and discipline in the next two games... which has been my biggest beef all year, besides the obvious snafus by the staff...

If our guys can't deliver that in a winnable game that's also a must-win if they want to go bowling, then we've got problems. It's gut-check time. My worry is that Dak seems to have really taken on that leadership role. If he's unable to go, how is that going to affect the team aside from his inability to contribute physically.

cheewgumm
11-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Mullen owns teams we aer supposed to beat. This is on the road, so may be a little more difficult.

One problem is we just played Bama, so could be a problem with let down, etc...

that after two decent outings by our team the last few weeks, many are chalking this Arkansas game up as a W?

What happens if we lose? I know where all of the Hud/Fire Mullen folks will be....but I'm talking about the majority of the board/fanbase. Those of us that are wanting to let these last two play out. Where does that leave us?

I'll admit, I have seen enough encouraging play the last few weeks to where I feel pretty good about this game, so I'm not real sure what it does to me or to our fan base as a whole if we drop a game to a bad Arkansas team after playing 2 pretty good games against highly ranked opponents.

Thoughts?

War Machine Dawg
11-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Thoughts?

Speaking solely for myself here: I expect us to beat UPig. They're just plain bad and don't have very many offensive weapons. What they do have, a solid OL and a very good RB, plays right to the strength of our D - stopping the run. Even if we're forced to go with Williams at QB, I think we should put up enough points to beat them, although it may not be very many.

All that said, if we lose to them, I'm off the Mullen bandwagon. For me, it's simple: Mullen will have lost to a team we should beat, even if we are having to start our 3rd string true frosh QB. I've been pretty clear that it's "bowl or go" so far as I'm concerned. I've seen some real improvement the last few weeks, but it has to translate to wins these last 2 games for me to remain confident Mullen is the right coach going forward.

maroonmania
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Has anyone seen the stats on the records of teams the week after they play Bama the last few years? We will be flat as usual the week after Bama, have NEVER won in the state of Arkansas and we could very well be starting a true freshman QB. Anyone who doesn't think we face an uphill battling winning this week is not looking at things objectively. The ONLY thing helping us is the ARK team and fanbase possibly throwing in the towel on the season. OM didn't exactly beat their doors off IN Oxford. If Williams starts then I am totally preparing myself for a loss. Unfortunately, we don't have much of a running game right now without Dak.

Coach34
11-19-2013, 11:59 AM
If we lose Saturday- all the shit spewed Mullen's way will be deserved.

We simply cant lose this game

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
If Russell is healthy and starts...he did have a very good game against Arkansas last season, and they haven't exactly improved.

dawgs
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
i fear the trap game. coming off a&m and bama, before ole miss. i'd be pleasantly surprised if we come out with a lot of emotion. i know arkansas sucks. but we nearly lost to kentucky and BGSU, so we are definitely capable of dropping this game if we come out flat with a 3rd string QB playing overly conservative and arkansas comes out fired up.

Rick Danko
11-19-2013, 12:07 PM
In Little Rock. Possibly starting a true freshman qb. Let down from Bama at home at night where we played great, just could not get it done. Arkansas with a shit record (no matter what you think, our players will be looking at this.) Arkansas' only chance to win an SEC game and could possibly use it as a "look we are getting better" something to build on moment. 11:21 kickoff.

All that to say, this game has all the makings for a very shitty Saturday.

Goat Holder
11-19-2013, 12:13 PM
He can't control his QBs getting hurt though

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
In Little Rock. Possibly starting a true freshman qb. Let down from Bama at home at night where we played great, just could not get it done. Arkansas with a shit record (no matter what you think, our players will be looking at this.) Arkansas' only chance to win an SEC game and could possibly use it as a "look we are getting better" something to build on moment. 11:21 kickoff.

Damn, Rick. After reading that, now I'm like...

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Screen-Shot-2013-01-16-at-4.11.38-PM1.png

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Talking to some players they seem really focused I know theyre not gonna tell me that theyre overlooking Arkansas but still. Everybody involved in the State football program knows how big this game is. If we have Dak we win handily. Russell could get us a W and even if we do have to go with Williams, don't think we will but still. I'll expect a win. The sky will fall if we lose this game. Dak can save Mullen's job. He's earned a little bit of my respect back the last two weeks

stxdawg
11-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Dan has a good record of beating teams that we should win against. It would be a major fluke for them to upset us. Although anything can happen, I really expect us to beat them and will not be surprised if we beat them soundly.

Ronny
11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
..is saying this game will be played in 40 degree weather & rain. So nobody in the stands or on the field is going to be
comfortable for this one.

I guess I am in the minority in that I don't see MSU winning this game.

I've seen MSU play & I've seen UPig play & the difference I see between the 2 teams is negligible.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Mullen should have his team very ready for this game. If he loses this one, he is going to lose a LOT of his supporters.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2013, 12:20 PM
..is saying this game will be played in 40 degree weather & rain. So nobody in the stands or on the field is going to be
comfortable for this one.

I guess I am in the minority in that I don't see MSU winning this game.

I've seen MSU play & I've seen UPig play & the difference I see between the 2 teams is negligible.

You really see no difference between MSU and ARK when they play?

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM

I was about to ask the same thing haha

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-19-2013, 12:23 PM
All things considered, we pretty much shut down bama's running game and I think we'll do the same against Arky. They'll get some yards, but our defense is very stout and I look for them to "win" the game for us either with multiple turnovers or scoring off of a TO.

CJDAWG85
11-19-2013, 12:24 PM
My main concern is if we screw up and lose, how many people are going to cancel going to the Egg Bowl since we are no longer bowl eligible?

CJDAWG85
11-19-2013, 12:25 PM
All things considered, we pretty much shut down bama's running game and I think we'll do the same against Arky. They'll get some yards, but our defense is very stout and I look for them to "win" the game for us either with multiple turnovers or scoring off of a TO.

Main way to stop Arky's run game is keep them bottled up. Do not let them get outside.

stxdawg
11-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Talking to some players they seem really focused I know theyre not gonna tell me that theyre overlooking Arkansas but still. Everybody involved in the State football program knows how big this game is. If we have Dak we win handily. Russell could get us a W and even if we do have to go with Williams, don't think we will but still. I'll expect a win. The sky will fall if we lose this game. Dak can save Mullen's job. He's earned a little bit of my respect back the last two weeks

They should be focused. I'd expect nothing less.

As for if we lose or not, Dan has two things going for him. 1) He has Dak coming back for a few years, which is very promising for our offense 2) I think Dan has a chance to put together a really good recruiting class. We have some solid kids like Green, Cooper, J Jackson, and Williams to name a few. I expect we will pull in some other big targets as we get closer to signing day. Recruiting is an area we need to keep up with the rest of the SEC if we want to be able to get over the hump to win these close games.

jimbo352
11-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Dan has a good record of beating teams that we should win against. It would be a major fluke for them to upset us. Although anything can happen, I really expect us to beat them and will not be surprised if we beat them soundly.

How many of those teams has he played with his 3rd string freshman QB???

All things being normal, I'd agree with you 100%... this QB situation has me more than a little concerned. If Dak plays, I definitely feel better.

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 12:27 PM
My main concern is if we screw up and lose, how many people are going to cancel going to the Egg Bowl since we are no longer bowl eligible?

If we lose this one I cant wait to wake up sunday after the Egg Bowl to a scott stricklin press conference

jimbo352
11-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Especially on thanksgiving... With no bowl to play for, a lot of people would rather spend the time with family.

Ronny
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM

..MSU has a little more raw talent. Both squads are poorly coached.

Netheir team is capable of playing 4 quarters of intelligent, error free football.

Hence I give UPig a slight edge on their home field.

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM

Netheir team is capable of playing 4 quarters of intelligent, error free football.

State is a much better team than Arky if you ask me. Better defense, better QB, our RB's would do exactly what theirs do in that system, and I'll take a fired up Mullen over Bielema or however you spell his name anyday. State has more across the board talent. If we play like we expect to, we'll blow their doors off

Vandownbytheriver
11-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I take nothing for granted with this team. We tend to play to the level of our opponent. If they Arkansas team they came to Oxford shows up, we are going to lose. I don't feel like we can score without Dak.

ShotgunDawg
11-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Yeah Ronny, you may have just exposed your inability to evaluate football teams and talent.

Although the records are only separated by 1 game, these two teams aren't very close. How they got to those records is very very different.

dawgs
11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
State is a much better team than Arky if you ask me. Better defense, better QB, our RB's would do exactly what theirs do in that system, and I'll take a fired up Mullen over Bielema or however you spell his name anyday. State has more across the board talent. If we play like we expect to, we'll blow their doors off

bielema took wisconsin to 3 straight rose bowls. why would you take mullen over him? i know arkansas has sucked this year, but no one thought they had the talent to be turned around this season anyway, it's going to take a few years to accurately judge bielema's work at arkansas.

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
bielema took wisconsin to 3 straight rose bowls. why would you take mullen over him? i know arkansas has sucked this year, but no one thought they had the talent to be turned around this season anyway, it's going to take a few years to accurately judge bielema's work at arkansas.

yeah he did get them to 3 straight rose bowls but its not like he built Wisconsin, they were already winning. they had that fat guy as a coach I cant remember his name but they were winning 8-10 games a year before he got there. the big 10 sucks anyway, itd be State, Michigan State, and Ohio State if we were in that conference. And before yall even bring up last years gator bowl, tyler Russell threw that game away. terrible coaching too

Ronny
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah Ronny, you may have just exposed your inability to evaluate football teams and talent.

Although the records are only separated by 1 game, these two teams aren't very close. How they got to those records is very very different.

..an expert at evaluating football teams.

Even if I was, where would I put that rare and unique talent to work? On Elitedawgs.com messageboard?

I've watched enough MSU football this season to know making jr. high mistakes is their stock in trade.

I don't see a squad as error prone as MSU going to UPIg & winning. Maybe I'm wrong. I probably am, since it is clear I possess no talent for evaluating football teams.

Remember, we don't even have a kicking game. We don't have a warm body that can kick a 15 yd fg. And historically the UPIg game has often come down to the kicking game (see 1998 for best example).

stxdawg
11-19-2013, 01:10 PM

??? How do you make that claim? You don't play the way did against Bama from not being well coached. I think you have not been paying attention the past few weeks.

Statecoachingblows**
11-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I think after the last couple games, even though losses, improvements were made in the effort and heart department. We show up and play 4 quarters we win. Ride the somehow positive waves coming out of the last 2 games. I don't care if we never win in Ark I'm just glad to see us on the road, against an SEC team not named Kentucky, with a damn good chance to win.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-19-2013, 02:58 PM

:( This is my sad face :(

engie
11-19-2013, 03:31 PM
IF we lose to Arkansas, regardless of excuses, Mullen is done at MSU. He may get to coach another year -- but he will still be done. And the stadium will fill with red and blue on Thanksgiving exactly how several of us have feared for awhile now.

We've lost the last how many virtual toss-up games?

I seen it dawg
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Engie we get it. It's a broken damn record for gods sakes give it a rest. It's in every damn thread.

engie
11-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Engie we get it. It's a broken damn record for gods sakes give it a rest. It's in every damn thread.

Really? Every thread? I've responded to FOUR threads on the entire front page of this board -- one of which was about baseball.

If I can't answer ****ing questions posed here honestly and fully -- just let me know -- I'll be happy to get the **** out -- and take the things I bring here back elsewhere. I'm sick of being told what I can and can't say or think. If you don't like the thread -- and don't expect honest answer to it -- delete the damn thing. But you aren't going to single my ass out when I'm the 42nd reply to the thread.

Barking 13
11-19-2013, 03:46 PM
yeah he did get them to 3 straight rose bowls but its not like he built Wisconsin, they were already winning. they had that fat guy as a coach I cant remember his name but they were winning 8-10 games a year before he got there. the big 10 sucks anyway, itd be State, Michigan State, and Ohio State if we were in that conference. And before yall even bring up last years gator bowl, tyler Russell threw that game away. terrible coaching too

Barry Alvarez .. he's the AD http://www.uwbadgers.com/genrel/alvarez_barry00.html

Coach34
11-19-2013, 03:51 PM

SC 52 UPig 7 in Arkansas....SC 34 State 16 @ SC

Bammer 52 UPig 7 in T-Town...Bammer 20 State 7 in Sville

While comparing scores is never a good way to judge, to say the difference in us and UPig is negligible is a stretch

I seen it dawg
11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Really? Every thread? I've responded to FOUR threads on the entire front page of this board -- one of which was about baseball.

If I can't answer ****ing questions posed here honestly and fully -- just let me know -- I'll be happy to get the **** out -- and take the things I bring here back elsewhere. I'm sick of being told what I can and can't say or think. If you don't like the thread -- and don't expect honest answer to it -- delete the damn thing. But you aren't going to single my ass out when I'm the 42nd reply to the thread.

Whatever dude do whatever the hell you want. It's a damn diatribe in every ****ing response. And no need to give me the times you posted and the threads and what everyone else has done because I don't give a shit. Hell I may be wrong who knows.

And I meant its in every thread not that you posted in every thread. Do whatever with all you bring to wherever but you're an incorrigible dick lately. Along with a lot of other people on here including myself probably. Stay mad just take some ****ing blood pressure medicine so you don't croak in the next 2 weeks. I hate to see what happens to you if Mullen is here come next August.

Bothrops
11-19-2013, 04:16 PM
I think the team shows up Sat. I really think they're tired of this losing business. It will be a struggle to get this one, however.

mek34
11-19-2013, 04:20 PM
As long as the receivers catch the ball we will be fine regardless of the QB.

jimbo352
11-19-2013, 04:26 PM
no

jimbo352
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Whatever dude do whatever the hell you want. It's a damn diatribe in every ****ing response. And no need to give me the times you posted and the threads and what everyone else has done because I don't give a shit. Hell I may be wrong who knows.

And I meant its in every thread not that you posted in every thread. Do whatever with all you bring to wherever but you're an incorrigible dick lately. Along with a lot of other people on here including myself probably. Stay mad just take some ****ing blood pressure medicine so you don't croak in the next 2 weeks. I hate to see what happens to you if Mullen is here come next August.

I don't always agree with engie, but nothing he said warranted your original response.... He speaks a lot of truth, but some people just don't want to hear it.

DawgsBite34
11-19-2013, 04:34 PM

GOLD Engie you have my vote as MVP of EliteDawgs

smootness
11-19-2013, 04:48 PM

The question was, is anyone else a little concerned about the Arkansas game? Not, what will you think about Mullen if we lose it? Everyone already pretty much knows now where everyone stands on that question.

ETA: Nevermind, I re-read it and it did ask what happens if we lose...although, he did say he wasn't asking the 'Hud/Fire Mullen' people, and you fall squarely in that.

I don't think anyone would say you don't bring anything to the table, but I would suggest you maybe tone down the rhetoric a tad. Your posts always come across as though you're either screaming at someone or at least talking down to them. It makes for an unenjoyable experience, but that's just my opinion.

Pollodawg
11-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Oh, absolutely, Engie. If Mullen loses this game, it's over with me. Mullen has a real chance to win me back a little if we win out and that includes winning a bowl game. But a loss to this Arkansas team--I don't give the fattest part of a rat's ass if it's on the moon--is unacceptable.

Pollodawg
11-19-2013, 05:02 PM
But, yes, I am always concerned when we play the swine.

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Bumpity

(Thanks mek)

engie
11-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Whatever dude do whatever the hell you want. It's a damn diatribe in every ****ing response.
So you are upset about a "diatribe" that was 5 sentences shorter than your response right here?

And no need to give me the times you posted and the threads and what everyone else has done because I don't give a shit. Hell I may be wrong who knows.
You are wrong.

And I meant its in every thread not that you posted in every thread.
So, the overall discontent in our fanbase making itself known right now is my fault now?

Do whatever with all you bring to wherever but you're an incorrigible dick lately. Along with a lot of other people on here including myself probably
So, you are pissed about me about being a dick -- while also being a dick?

Stay mad just take some ****ing blood pressure medicine so you don't croak in the next 2 weeks.
Touche -- I'm not the one that started the shit in this thread. You were. I simply stated the obvious. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I hate to see what happens to you if Mullen is here come next August.
What is this even supposed to mean? Please link me to where I said "Dan Mullen will be fired at the end of the year"? Yes -- I'm going to be pissed until Mullen changes my mind about what kind of coach and recruiter he is.

engie
11-19-2013, 06:33 PM
The question was, is anyone else a little concerned about the Arkansas game? Not, what will you think about Mullen if we lose it? Everyone already pretty much knows now where everyone stands on that question.
Wrong.

ETA: Nevermind, I re-read it and it did ask what happens if we lose...although, he did say he wasn't asking the 'Hud/Fire Mullen' people, and you fall squarely in that.
I didn't give ONE IOTA of thought about Mark Hudspeth in my reply. I DIRECTLY answered the question of "what happens if we lose" with exactly what I expect to happen if we lose. Period. You and others projecting other bs into that doesn't make it so. Is it really to the point that I LITERALLY can't reply to anything without someone projecting other bullshit instead of reading what I actually wrote?

I don't think anyone would say you don't bring anything to the table, but I would suggest you maybe tone down the rhetoric a tad. Your posts always come across as though you're either screaming at someone or at least talking down to them. It makes for an unenjoyable experience, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks -- but I don't need, nor want, posting advice.

The fact of the matter is that people are going to love me when they agree with me and hate me when they don't. I'm fully cognizant of the fact that I'm frigging hard to argue with -- and that's by design. Doesn't make me always right -- I'm wrong plenty. But you better get up early and stay late if you're going to prove it in the immediate sense.

I seen it dawg
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't always agree with engie, but nothing he said warranted your original response.... He speaks a lot of truth, but some people just don't want to hear it.

I wasnt "moderating" the thread. I stated what many people are aggravated about. Im on the fire Mullen train but, once again, its old when its the same bitching over and over about Mullen. I was simply aggravated once again by the same bitching and stated such in a public forum. I never had any intention of "moderating" the post or the thread which is what Engie flew off the handle about. Maybe everyone should take a step back and say to themselves, "If im getting so damn mad about something that can be argued about with more clarity in a week and a half maybe I should just keep my ****ing opinion to myself for a few more days. Maybe like alot of people have chosen to do and wait it out, especially seeing as how it was pretty much in agreement that the horse was dead a month ago and there isnt a damn new argument to be made that has anything new or constructive that can be brought to light."

Either that or just stay pissed off about it and keep slamming your face into a ****ing wall for another 10 days. Either way I dont give a shit but some of the people on here are trolling to keep things riled up or are blinded by their ****ing stupidity and cant make themselves stop. To those 2 groups piss off and take your dumbasses somewhere else.

DawgsBite34 did that have enough cussing and yelling through the keyboard for you for it to be GOLD?

engie
11-19-2013, 07:03 PM
I wasnt "moderating" the thread. I stated what many people are aggravated about. Im on the fire Mullen train but, once again, its old when its the same bitching over and over about Mullen. I was simply aggravated once again by the same bitching and stated such in a public forum. I never had any intention of "moderating" the post or the thread which is what Engie flew off the handle about. Maybe everyone should take a step back and say to themselves, "If im getting so damn mad about something that can be argued about with more clarity in a week and a half maybe I should just keep my ****ing opinion to myself for a few more days.
No one was mad at a damn thing until you called me out for simply answering the initial question with the obvious. YOU were the one that was "getting so damn mad about something" -- and everything since then has been a response to your call out. If you don't want me to answer an obvious question with an obvious answer -- DELETE THE DAMN QUESTION. I didn't say a SINGLE THING that was out of line in my initial response. I answered with facts in a hypothetical situation.

Maybe like alot of people have chosen to do and wait it out, especially seeing as how it was pretty much in agreement that the horse was dead a month ago and there isnt a damn new argument to be made that has anything new or constructive that can be brought to light."
So, everyone is supposed to sing kumbaya and pretend all is well in the meantime?

Can't discuss the shortcomings of our football team and coaching staff during football season -- and that makes this place different than genespage how?

DownwardDawg
11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
I wasnt "moderating" the thread. I stated what many people are aggravated about. Im on the fire Mullen train but, once again, its old when its the same bitching over and over about Mullen. I was simply aggravated once again by the same bitching and stated such in a public forum. I never had any intention of "moderating" the post or the thread which is what Engie flew off the handle about. Maybe everyone should take a step back and say to themselves, "If im getting so damn mad about something that can be argued about with more clarity in a week and a half maybe I should just keep my ****ing opinion to myself for a few more days. Maybe like alot of people have chosen to do and wait it out, especially seeing as how it was pretty much in agreement that the horse was dead a month ago and there isnt a damn new argument to be made that has anything new or constructive that can be brought to light."

Either that or just stay pissed off about it and keep slamming your face into a ****ing wall for another 10 days. Either way I dont give a shit but some of the people on here are trolling to keep things riled up or are blinded by their ****ing stupidity and cant make themselves stop. To those 2 groups piss off and take your dumbasses somewhere else.

DawgsBite34 did that have enough cussing and yelling through the keyboard for you for it to be GOLD?

When you responded to his answer of the original question, you started this shitstorm. Maybe nobody else would have even replied to him. Ever thought of that? You are just as guilty of what you're calling him out for.
This is turning into "just another message board" rather quickly.

RState
11-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Is it baseball season yet?

I seen it dawg
11-19-2013, 07:49 PM
So you are upset about a "diatribe" that was 5 sentences shorter than your response right here? Its a diatribe of the same shit in every other thread. Not just yours. If I didnt put your name you would have been pissed anyway because my post fell right after yours.(Cue "no I wouldnt have been pissed" here)

You are wrong. Youre right I was wrong. I should have just left it with I didnt care about all your other posts knowing you were going to tell us anyway. I wasted time there.

So, the overall discontent in our fanbase making itself known right now is my fault now? Take a page out of your get up early and sleep late arguing book here...where did I ever say it was your fault that the overall discontent in our fanbase that is making itself known right now is your fault? (I guess anyone can nitpick mistakes in a post) You don't deserve near that much credit henceforth I would never place that on your shoulders.

So, you are pissed about me about being a dick -- while also being a dick? I guess I should have thrown one of those "IMO" out there to clarify that it was my opinion that you have been an incorrigible dick lately. Just my opinion. But I can't think you're being a dick while also being a dick myself? And for the record I wasn't pissed about it.

Touche -- I'm not the one that started the shit in this thread. You were. I simply stated the obvious. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. This one you hit a homerun. I did start the shit when I probably should have made it more generic. But your reply to me was over the top and wasn't commensurate with my post. And whether or not it was what I wanted to hear was superfluous to my comment. Didn't make a shit. I say 50-50 split on this one. But still watch that BP.

What is this even supposed to mean? Please link me to where I said "Dan Mullen will be fired at the end of the year"? Yes -- I'm going to be pissed until Mullen changes my mind about what kind of coach and recruiter he is.Where did this one come from? My statement meant if your are this cranked up now at someone coming back at you I hate to see how cranked you are going to be if Mullen is still here in August. Not sure where you got the whole link you to Mullen fired thing. Shit I want him gone myself but thats a whole other discussion-that Im holding for another 10 days.

Listen man, I don't want to fight about this whole thing because its stupid. I appreciate what you bring to the table and I really enjoy the discussions we all have during baseball season. I like you when I agree with you and like you when I don't. You're a topnotch poster and I don't want you to go anywhere.

That being said the whole "I'll be happy to get the **** out" and "take the things I bring back elsewhere" and "Im sick of being told what I can and can't say or think" is quite a few things...egomaniacal, childish, incendiary, challenging, and stupid. Bye, syanora, adios, **** off, see you later, whatever. Mississippi State sports, this message board and the revolution of the earth will continue without you or me. As far as Im concerned we have both attacked each other in public and hopefully got our moneys worth, I feel like I have. If you feel the need to exact a little more go right ahead as I feel you will do anyway as you seem a "last word" kind of guy, which I am ok with. Either way Im done (but reserve the right to dive back in if you take too much liberty).

Truce.

I seen it dawg
11-19-2013, 07:52 PM
My name is I seen it dawg. I started the shitstorm.

DownwardDawg
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Lol! Nice.

State82
11-19-2013, 09:01 PM

Ha! Some levity in this thread! Now that is funny right there.

MSU97
11-19-2013, 10:18 PM
You can't ever overlook a conference game in the sec and with our quarterback situation it doesn't help because Arkansas can eat up the clock with their style of play making it hard to get possessions to score. Hopefully Arkansas will continue to make dump mistakes. With that being said I still don't believe a loss is fine. For this game I would like to see some other improvements with no dumb penalties and some better special teams play such as with the punt returning and putting the offense in the best field position possible either it being a fair catch instead of bouncing or just getting a few return yards and no fumbles as an example. It would just be to painful to see the guys play so tough against a&m and bama to have it all go away with this game.

HunterDawg
11-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I am not so sure the fact that they run a lot means that they necessarily play to our strength. I have watched a couple of their games and they don't run between the tackles that much. Think T J Yeldon. They run wide or semi wide and pull OL and block really well out there. Those backs can slip through very small creases and it will be a real test of our open field tackling.

If they ran straight at our DL/LB's, great, but they don't. They get outside fast and slash and force the DB's to tackle. That QB isn't very good, but if we stack the box anyone can hit those quick slants. They are 3rd in the SEC in rushing and they didn't do that running inside. They have two rb's in the top 10 in the SEC.

I am kinda concerned. We do not need to take them lightly.

Todd4State
11-19-2013, 11:12 PM
I think we lose if Damien starts. I think we win if Tyler or Dak start. It's pretty much that simple.

At the risk of agreeing with engie- if we lose, I think the team might quit.

LiterallyPolice
11-19-2013, 11:24 PM
I think we lose if Damien starts. I think we win if Tyler or Dak start. It's pretty much that simple.

Serious question.... What has this team done this season for any of us to think they will "quit"? Some of our fans may be ready to quit on our coaches, but I don't think the players are even close to that.

engie
11-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Serious question.... What has this team done this season for any of us to think they will "quit"? Some of our fans may be ready to quit on our coaches, but I don't think the players are even close to that.

They are still playing for something tangible right now.

And nowhere did I say that "I expect to lose to Arkansas and the rest of the stuff to happen". I simply gave the theoretical of what would happen IF we did lose to Arkansas.

Anytime it's a close spread -- I'm gun shy right now. The last two really close ones, Northwestern and Ole Miss, did not go well for us.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 12:25 AM

I was just agreeing with him that people on here trying to say what others cant or cannot say is pretty ridiculous. You say some good stuff to man it was no offense to you if your on the fire mullen train your on the same one I am, I wanna see if we win out too. if we do he should stay that's my opinion

Todd4State
11-20-2013, 01:43 AM

I didn't say they will quit. I said they might quit.

donald igwebuike
11-20-2013, 06:56 AM

Thoughts?

I shudder in fear that it comes down to Dan Mullen's Special Teams, but very well could...then we lose.

LiterallyPolice
11-20-2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't say they will quit. I said they might quit.

Uh... Ok.

Your statement implies that you consider it a non-neglible possibility, so my question still stands. What makes you, or anyone else that may want to chime in, think that this team would quit?

MarketingBully01
11-20-2013, 11:13 AM
We will stop the run and force that shitty QB to beat us in the air. If we get up early, we will win going away. I say we win 24-14. They do run it between the tackles and are more of a poor mans Alabama in the running game. If we lose this game, Mullen should be fired. They ARE that bad. In all honesty, they are worse then Kentucky.

TrapGame
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Reasonable assumption. I can see Tyler tearing Arky apart like last year. All it will take is us getting the early lead and they will implode just like in the OM game.

Coach34
11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Dont think Tyler is playing this week

Barking 13
11-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Dont think Tyler is playing this week I had a guy tell me yesterday he had a torn labia... when I tried to correct him, he said, "I meant what I said"