PDA

View Full Version : Riley to USC

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-28-2021, 03:50 PM
Seems to be leaking

Leeshouldveflanked
11-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Being Confirmed by Legit Sources, does Leach Boomer Sooner?

Tater
11-28-2021, 03:52 PM
It's real.

Perplexing that he turned down Dallas two years ago. Thought he might be a lifer then.

msstate7
11-28-2021, 03:55 PM
Seems like Lincoln is scared of the sec. Turning down a better program than usc, and leaving a program better than usc. I do hope he succeeds though... CFB needs a strong usc on the west coast

Vandownbytheriver
11-28-2021, 03:56 PM
But why? USC is in horrible shape.

RougeDawg
11-28-2021, 03:57 PM

Getting out before the SEC bitch slaps him annually

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 03:59 PM
Getting out before the SEC bitch slaps him annually

Yep

Homedawg
11-28-2021, 04:00 PM
Seems like Lincoln is scared of the sec. Turning down a better program than usc, and leaving a program better than usc. I do hope he succeeds though... CFB needs a strong usc on the west coast

This is correct. Oklahoma and lsu are better jobs.

calidawg
11-28-2021, 04:01 PM
Bizarre move.

Coursesuper
11-28-2021, 04:02 PM

Why, its easy Lots and Lots of players in a 100 mile radius, it?s USC, they have $$$$$, you don?t have to strap it up in the SEC every weekend.

KOdawg1
11-28-2021, 04:05 PM
Pretty smart imo.

He saw the writing on the wall by staying at OU, and leaving for LSU would essentially be the same thing.

Go to the Pac12, beat Oregon, and make the playoff.

Heupel is rumored to be headed to OU, so that'll be pretty funny for Tennessee fans

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 04:07 PM
It’s a bad move but USC in a weak pac 12 is a potential easy rebuild. Pete Carroll showed what a good coach and recruiter can do there.

uSC is similar to UT. They’ve made years and years of bad hires but the money and the potential remain.

CaptainObvious
11-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Wow! USC going from a guy with a good old fashioned Southern Name , Clay Helton, to a good old fashioned Northern Name, Lincoln Riley. I?m impressed .

vv83
11-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Pretty smart imo.

He saw the writing on the wall by staying at OU, and leaving for LSU would essentially be the same thing.

Go to the Pac12, beat Oregon, and make the playoff.

Heupel is rumored to be headed to OU, so that'll be pretty funny for Tennessee fans

Yep, extremely smart. This is work smarter, not harder. Why play SECw schedule every year, when you can win the PAC-12 and make the playoffs?

chef dixon
11-28-2021, 04:14 PM
Riley played this brilliantly

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 04:15 PM
OU fans last night were saying they would pay for Riley’s moving van and good riddance after the osu loss.

He may have taken them up on their offer.

RougeDawg
11-28-2021, 04:19 PM
OU fans last night were saying they would pay for Riley?s moving van and good riddance after the osu loss.

He may have taken them up on their offer.

Did Riley pull a Don going into their rivalry game?

Tater
11-28-2021, 04:21 PM
Did Riley pull a Don going into their rivalry game?

He's been checked out for most of this year, actually. I mean they were losing to ****in Kansas

Leeshouldveflanked
11-28-2021, 04:31 PM
Does Knoxville have a Publix and Target for Megan Mullen?

chef dixon
11-28-2021, 04:41 PM

All jokes aside it's a way nicer place than Gainesville

msstate7
11-28-2021, 04:42 PM

Even though I think it would be a good hire, I just can't see tenn swallowing their pride enough to take a Florida cast off

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 04:44 PM
Even though I think it would be a good hire, I just can't see tenn swallowing their pride enough to take a Florida cast off

This for sure.

dawgday166
11-28-2021, 05:09 PM

More importantly ... who's the recruiting coordinator ****

SteelCurtain74
11-28-2021, 05:12 PM
Gainesville is a $hithole. I haven't been to every SEC town but of the 10 I've been to, it is by far the worst.

In regards to Mullen and Tennessee, who does TN target then that would actually come. I would think after the hiring debacle that eventually led to hiring Pruitt, TN wouldn't want to go through that again. Mullen would at the very least be a known commodity, for good or bad. Do they go after Chadwell at Coastal Carolina or dare I say Freeze. I'm not convinced they will be able to be picky on who they target.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 05:13 PM
It would be rare for a coach to be hired by 3 sec teams in a row, I think Mullen goes outside the sec for his next job.

preachermatt83
11-28-2021, 05:46 PM
I don’t think it’s a given that Oklahoma would go after heuple nor do I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he would take it if offered.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 05:48 PM
I don’t think it’s a given they offer Heupel, but he’s an OU q b , he’s going home if they call. Plus it’s one of the best jobs in college football.

parabrave
11-28-2021, 05:49 PM
It’s a bad move but USC in a weak pac 12 is a potential easy rebuild. Pete Carroll showed what a good coach and recruiter can do there.

uSC is similar to UT. They’ve made years and years of bad hires but the money and the potential remain.

He doesn't want no part of the SEC.

Coursesuper
11-28-2021, 05:49 PM
Gainesville is a $hithole. I haven't been to every SEC town but of the 10 I've been to, it is by far the worst.

In regards to Mullen and Tennessee, who does TN target then that would actually come. I would think after the hiring debacle that eventually led to hiring Pruitt, TN wouldn't want to go through that again. Mullen would at the very least be a known commodity, for good or bad. Do they go after Chadwell at Coastal Carolina or dare I say Freeze. I'm not convinced they will be able to be picky on who they target.

Agree on Gainesville, it sux, been to every sec city minus Bryan Tx. The grand idea of a tailgate at UF is 6 people standing around an open 12 pack. Plus it?s next to a really great swamp.

RocketDawg
11-28-2021, 05:51 PM

Would Mullen lose his $12M buyout if he goes to Tennessee or anywhere else?

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 06:08 PM
Agree on Gainesville, it sux, been to every sec city minus Bryan Tx. The grand idea of a tailgate at UF is 6 people standing around an open 12 pack. Plus it?s next to a really great swamp.

Yep same here. Nothing good about Gainesville.

msstate7
11-28-2021, 06:14 PM
Yep same here. Nothing good about Gainesville.

Only an hour and a half from st augustine, which I absolutely love

Tater
11-28-2021, 07:02 PM
First call from OU was Venables. Heupel isn't top of the priority list.

Bedenbaugh has been mediocre in his time and there likely won't be a repeat OC to HC promotion.

Leach / OU brass wouldn't mesh. We're safe unless Leach suddenly wants to kowtow to big donors.

OU knows Kiffin wouldn't see OU as a final destination. They'd more likely hire Lebby than Kiffin (0.00001% vs 0.0000000001%)

Urban is a no-go because like Riley he can't take the SEC grind. Urban might actually stay in Jacksonville another year. He needs to go coach an FCS school to get his fix if he's that much of a coaching junkie but still wants time to get his own strange.

Venables and an OC like Lebby make a whole ton of sense imo. And would be the best case scenario for State. Stoops would be good for us temporarily (i mean a schedule shakeup is coming and I don't see MSU-UK surviving) but I don't see OU going another Stoops route.

Heupel is the safe offer, but I get the sense he's 4/5 on the board for OU. Dave Aranda is likely next. OU will throw a lot of money at him given Venables does as expected and stays put. Then after him, Fickell / Heupel.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 07:07 PM
I think I heard Bob Stoops is coaching their bowl game.

basedog
11-28-2021, 07:08 PM

That is crazy.

Catfish
11-28-2021, 07:10 PM

Yup!

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 07:12 PM

He is. They maybe trying to draw him back in. He wouldn't be the first coach to come back.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2021, 07:16 PM
That Sum Bitch is scared of the SEC.

Catfish
11-28-2021, 07:16 PM
He is. They maybe trying to draw him back in. He wouldn't be the first coach to come back.

That doesn't always work out so well. Mack Brown, I love the guy, but he has cooled off in NC.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 07:21 PM
That doesn't always work out so well. Mack Brown, I love the guy, but he has cooled off in NC.
I’ve seen cases where good coaches get old and just don’t have the energy or the fire. It’s tough to put in 18 hour days when you’re in your 60s with some health issues.

Catfish
11-28-2021, 07:23 PM
I’ve seen cases where good coaches get old and just don’t have the energy or the fire. It’s tough to put in 18 hour days when you’re in your 60s with some health issues.

Very true. Mack looked tired on the sidelines.

BiscuitEater
11-28-2021, 07:39 PM
Seems to be leaking

Twitter guess by someone ..

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Jeff Lebby promoted at Ole Miss

Dan Mullen to Duke

These next few weeks are gonna be nuts.

RougeDawg
11-28-2021, 07:52 PM

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Dan Mullen to Duke

Don to Duke would be hilarious. Had he taken his job seriously at state and stayed he could have likely had playoff appearances in 2014 and 2018. But the job shopping and leaving prevented that. Duke will never have a shot at the playoffs. Ole Danny Two Gloves must reap what he sowed.

TrapGame
11-28-2021, 08:12 PM
USC just officially tweeted Riley is their new head coach.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2021, 08:18 PM

Way nicer. But then Mullen would have to play against Saban and Kirby every single year.

chef dixon
11-28-2021, 08:48 PM
Venables has always seemed scared to be a HC or just doesn't have the desire

parabrave
11-28-2021, 09:50 PM
Way nicer. But then Mullen would have to play against Saban and Kirby every single year.

And add in Dabo!

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 10:00 PM

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Dan Mullen to Duke

Those are all pretty good. OU and LSU will probably interview Campbell. I don’t think Mullen takes the Duke job. Heupel probably gets interviewed at OU. if Miami offers Kiffin is gone IMO and reading their board I’d say Manny is done.

Ole Miss may as well hire Lebby as he and the DC do all of the coaching anyways.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2021, 10:02 PM
I think OU is going to be a dark horse. Good chance the current interim coach stays on for another year giving OU a little time to find a good coach or they hire his brother from KY.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 10:17 PM
I think OU is going to be a dark horse. Good chance the current interim coach stays on for another year giving OU a little time to find a good coach or they hire his brother from KY.

A name that people are forgetting that was at the top of everyone’s list a year or two ago.......PJ Fleck. He’s a very good coach similar to Campbell that someone will make a run at. I think Minny is down this year, but that’s the nature of coaching at a program like Minnesota.
The guy at Indiana , Tom Allen 2020 COY was also mentioned quite a bit a year or two ago but his team is down a little this year.

Both of those guys could do well at a better program.

I agree with you, OU is not going to rush into this, they can’t afford to make the wrong hire at this juncture. That’s one of the top jobs.....they should be able to get a good coach.

Texas has Sark ? Not sure how long he’s going to last in the sec.

Catfish
11-28-2021, 10:37 PM
A name that people are forgetting that was at the top of everyone’s list a year or two ago.......PJ Fleck. He’s a very good coach similar to Campbell that someone will make a run at. I think Minny is down this year, but that’s the nature of coaching at a program like Minnesota.
The guy at Indiana , Tom Allen 2020 COY was also mentioned quite a bit a year or two ago but his team is down a little this year.

Both of those guys could do well at a better program.

I agree with you, OU is not going to rush into this, they can’t afford to make the wrong hire at this juncture. That’s one of the top jobs.....they should be able to get a good coach.

Texas has Sark ? Not sure how long he’s going to last in the sec.

SEC is going to eat Sark.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 10:45 PM
If I’m Luke Fickell, and OU backs up the brinks truck......I can’t see him turning that down. Same with Matt Campbell.