PDA

View Full Version : LSU whiffing on Riley means kiffin

Apoplectic
11-28-2021, 02:02 PM
Is now on the clock. He?s going to want Riley money and they will pay it with kiffin promising delivering Manning. A double kick in the nuts to sharks.

TrapGame
11-28-2021, 02:13 PM
Kiffin wants Miami. Every tweet about possible coaches at Miami had Kiffin mentioned. There are no serious rumors anywhere about Kiffin going after the LSU job. If Manny is fired tomorrow expect the Kiffin to Miami rumors to go thermonuclear hot.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 02:21 PM
I think Kiffin might get exposed at LSU. He was no great shakes at usc, tenn or even fiu. I think inherited senior talent and Corrall gave him a good year but I’m not sold he can have sustained success at a high pressure school.

msstate7
11-28-2021, 02:29 PM
I think Kiffin might get exposed at LSU. He was no great shakes at usc, tenn or even fiu. I think inherited senior talent and Corrall gave him a good year but I’m not sold he can have sustained success at a high pressure school.

It was FAU, and he was pretty dang good, 26 wins in 3 years. He had a top 10 total offense year at fau. He's been top 10 both years at OM

parabrave
11-28-2021, 02:35 PM
Speaking of LSU check out the last part of Os postgame pressor.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1464807526042644482

ZedFedder
11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Kiffin can absolutely coach. I don’t think he leaves OM, but I sure hope he does.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Yes I wasn’t overwhelmed with the FAU propaganda for Joey freshwater.

He sucked at USC and was mediocre at Tennessee. Let’s see what he does without Corrall and a dozen senior starters.

RougeDawg
11-28-2021, 02:40 PM
He?s probably on the phone with Pine Box Tubbs getting tips on how and when is the best time out of Oxford.

Coach34
11-28-2021, 02:42 PM
Bill O’Brien being mentioned with LSU. Sounds like he is a possibility

Coach34
11-28-2021, 02:42 PM
Kiffin is Miami’s 2nd choice after Cristobal seems to be the thinking

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Kiffin is Miami’s 2nd choice after Cristobal seems to be the thinking

That seems to be the consensus at this point.

confucius say
11-28-2021, 02:50 PM
Lane has never had to coach his own players. He's signed two full classes at his current job and have any been impact players in two seasons?

Let's see what he does next year with his own players.

confucius say
11-28-2021, 02:52 PM

Ha. They will lose their crap on the bayou if they have to resort to him.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 02:52 PM
Lane has never had to coach his own players. He's signed two full classes at his current job and have any been impact players in two seasons?

That is interesting.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2021, 03:04 PM

That's not entirely true. He made it to year 4 at USC - so the majority of that team was his. Of course, that was the team that got him left on the tarmac, so....

Commercecomet24
11-28-2021, 03:12 PM
That's not entirely true. He made it to year 4 at USC - so the majority of that team was his. Of course, that was the team that got him left on the tarmac, so....

I think I'm gonna start calling him tarmac lane.

Todd4State
11-28-2021, 03:17 PM

I have a feeling LSU is back to square one at this point. If I were in their shoes I'd kick the tires on Brian Kelly and Mark Stoops as well as O'Brien.

PikeDawg15
11-28-2021, 03:19 PM
Really interesting that Miami hasnt fired Diaz yet....

Dawg_Lover
11-28-2021, 03:20 PM

Would like to see Kiffin stay, then possibly witness him and OM transition from their perceived pinnacle to the pits of pity. 😂

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Don’t they have a AD situation to resolve before that get to a coaching fire/hire

Coursesuper
11-28-2021, 03:22 PM
I have a feeling LSU is back to square one at this point. If I were in their shoes I'd kick the tires on Brian Kelly and Mark Stoops as well as O'Brien.

I?m willing to bet they have kicking the tires on several candidates and they don?t have many takers. The job has many things going for it but, it?s not exactly a bed of roses either. It?s not the slam dunk many here believe.

PikeDawg15
11-28-2021, 03:23 PM
Would like to see Kiffin stay, then possibly witness him and OM transition from their perceived pinnacle to the pits of pity. ��

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/ole-miss

if they beat kentucky they may be top 15 halfway through the year next year

Todd4State
11-28-2021, 03:24 PM

It's still early in the process. They may choose to keep him because this cycle has a ton of high profile jobs open. That makes it difficult to land someone high end.

They may know that that Christobal doesn't want their job and to be honest they can hire Kiffin whenever they want to. They may want to see what Kiffin does without Corral which would be wise considering his history.

And they also (probably) won't delay the inevitable.

Todd4State
11-28-2021, 03:28 PM
I?m willing to bet they have kicking the tires on several candidates and they don?t have many takers. The job has many things going for it but, it?s not exactly a bed of roses either. It?s not the slam dunk many here believe.

Very possible. If you're a coach at say MSU and you stay 10 years at 5 million that's 50 million and you get to be a legend if you do well.

At LSU you may get 13 million but if you get fired after three you might end up making less money in the long run with a lot more stress.

That's why SEC schools are having to hire coaches like Ed Orgeron, Sam Pittman, and Shane Beamer and having to bank on having high end coordinators to offset the decision making on the sideline and why a guy like Napier was fine waiting.

Todd4State
11-28-2021, 03:30 PM

The second half looks pretty tough though.

lastmajordog
11-28-2021, 03:36 PM
del

PikeDawg15
11-28-2021, 03:44 PM
The second half looks pretty tough though.

We have to beat em next year. No if ands or buts from anybody.

Dawg_Lover
11-28-2021, 04:29 PM

I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. 😎

PikeDawg15
11-28-2021, 04:47 PM
I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. ��

I agree. What im saying is they will go into the 2nd half of that schedule and get clobbered

PikeDawg15
11-28-2021, 04:49 PM
I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. ��

I will swallow my crow ( i didnt have to cause i thought we'd lose the egg bowl)

I think kiffin will get exposed at Ole miss not having corral. I think he knows he has to make a move this year or risk getting stuck in mississippi for years.

I think Miami may open up soon if they can talk to kiffin before they fire manny and if kiffin says ill take it.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 05:08 PM
I will swallow my crow ( i didnt have to cause i thought we'd lose the egg bowl)

I think kiffin will get exposed at Ole miss not having corral. I think he knows he has to make a move this year or risk getting stuck in mississippi for years.

I think Miami may open up soon if they can talk to kiffin before they fire manny and if kiffin says ill take it.
Agreed

One losing season and all of a sudden you can?t go any where, your name is not being mentioned.

Nothing but transfers and little effort to recruit high school kids means you are planning on being gone in 1-2 years

Fader21
11-28-2021, 05:12 PM
Well I was way wrong. Something must of fell apart in the last 48 HRS. USC must be paying a load of cash

DownwardDawg
11-28-2021, 05:16 PM

I agree. I'm not sold on Kiffin at all. I hope he stays at ole miss. If we had executed at all Thursday, we win that game easily.
Go back and watch the BAMA vs ole miss games when Kiffin was OC at Bama. He single hand-idly lost those games vs ole miss. The rebs had the worst run defense in the conference and Bama was gaining 5-7 yards per carry. But he just had to throw the ball. It was so frustrating watch. It didn't take much common sense to see that all Bama had to do was run the ball almost every play to win.

WhiskeyPirate
11-28-2021, 05:25 PM
I agree. I'm not sold on Kiffin at all. I hope he stays at ole miss. If we had executed at all Thursday, we win that game easily.
Go back and watch the BAMA vs ole miss games when Kiffin was OC at Bama. He single hand-idly lost those games vs ole miss. The rebs had the worst run defense in the conference and Bama was gaining 5-7 yards per carry. But he just had to throw the ball. It was so frustrating watch. It didn't take much common sense to see that all Bama had to do was run the ball almost every play to win.
There was some scuttlebutt that he and saban had a falling out. This guy is so much hype and self promotion. He’s a snake in the grass imo

dawgday166
11-28-2021, 05:27 PM
There was some scuttlebutt that he and saban had a falling out. This guy is so much hype and self promotion. He’s a snake in the grass imo

I kinda think he's learned from his mistakes and he seems more humble to me now. And I think he is a good coach. If he's gonna stay in SECW I prefer at OM rather than LSU.

ETA: My preference tho is he bolts for Miami.

Cowbell
11-28-2021, 05:30 PM
Kiffin will be on the shortlist at OU

CovertDawg
11-28-2021, 05:34 PM
I think Kiffin desires the lifestyle he had at USC... and Miami is closest to offering that. As others have mentioned, he is really more of a football nerd than someone who wants to make small talk with the weird old school preppy crowd in Oxford for the next ten years. At Miami he would have access to football talent but could still sort of get lost in the big city when he wants to relax.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2021, 05:40 PM
It's still early in the process. They may choose to keep him because this cycle has a ton of high profile jobs open. That makes it difficult to land someone high end.

They may know that that Christobal doesn't want their job and to be honest they can hire Kiffin whenever they want to. They may want to see what Kiffin does without Corral which would be wise considering his history.

And they also (probably) won't delay the inevitable.

If they do fire him, you can bet they've already reached an agreement with their next guy.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2021, 06:29 PM
Kiffin will be on the shortlist at OU

Nope

Chuck3124
11-28-2021, 06:41 PM
I?ve heard, from what I?ve been told is a reliable source, kiffin to LSU. Idk if things have changed since Thursday, but that?s what I heard Thursday night.

Apoplectic
11-28-2021, 07:12 PM
I?ve heard, from what I?ve been told is a reliable source, kiffin to LSU. Idk if things have changed since Thursday, but that?s what I heard Thursday night.

Is that you Bert?

TUSK
11-28-2021, 07:22 PM
I kinda think he's learned from his mistakes and he seems more humble to me now. And I think he is a good coach. If he's gonna stay in SECW I prefer at OM rather than LSU.

ETA: My preference tho is he bolts for Miami.

this is the correct take.

Chuck3124
11-28-2021, 07:25 PM
Nah not Bert just what I heard from someone FWIW could be wrong but that?s what I was told

99jc
11-28-2021, 07:26 PM
Kiffin going to Miami makes sense since he loves that area...going to LSU NOT SO MUCH. He could win the ACC he will never win the SEC at oxford.

bulldawg28
11-28-2021, 07:49 PM
Kiffin going to Miami makes sense since he loves that area...going to LSU NOT SO MUCH. He could win the ACC he will never win the SEC at oxford.

Maybe not Oxford but he could in Baton Rouge, easily.

defiantdog
11-28-2021, 09:44 PM
Y'all funny thinking Kiffin gonna leave OM anytime soon.

Bdawg
11-28-2021, 11:32 PM

Not saying he's leaving this year, but when has he ever stayed somewhere very long. And the iron is hot right now.

TNDawg35
11-28-2021, 11:37 PM

He better go this year, cause next year when they open the season, Corrall aint taking that first snap...

Pancho
11-29-2021, 07:55 AM
He better go this year, cause next year when they open the season, Corrall aint taking that first snap...

I'm told he is gettin UCF transfer QB- Dillon Gabriel for next year in Oxfart

Todd4State
11-29-2021, 09:04 AM

Again- I think that is going to be contingent on what happens with Lebby. If Lebby goes somewhere else and that likely happens if Kiffin stays than I think they will have to go in another direction.

Dawgology
11-29-2021, 09:10 AM

Why didn’t he play this year? Did he get hurt?

Saltydog
11-29-2021, 09:14 AM
What about Kiffin to Oklahoma? That's an attractive job. With the type of athletes they recruit, I could see him doing well there.

Hot Rock
11-29-2021, 09:32 AM
Why is Miami all of a sudden an "have" destination after 20 years of mediocrity?

Their facilities suck, fan support stinks and is less than a lateral move for anyone at Oregon and Ole Miss is probably just as good a job.

I get it that some boosters have said they would spend the money now to win, but that place is years behind. Yes, the athletes are there but they have been for a very long time and they still suck.

Kiffin to Miami makes since, he loves that part of the world and he can probably get a bigger pay day as well but Cristobal? His situation at Oregon could have ran its course I guess. There is this crazy thing that Diaz still is employed by Miami too.

One thing that many think will happen is the coaching carousel is going to get nuts this year. We may see a lot of flips and flops.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 09:49 AM
Why is Miami all of a sudden an "have" destination after 20 years of mediocrity?

Their facilities suck, fan support stinks and is less than a lateral move for anyone at Oregon and Ole Miss is probably just as good a job.

I get it that some boosters have said they would spend the money now to win, but that place is years behind. Yes, the athletes are there but they have been for a very long time and they still suck.

Kiffin to Miami makes since, he loves that part of the world and he can probably get a bigger pay day as well but Cristobal? His situation at Oregon could have ran its course I guess. There is this crazy thing that Diaz still is employed by Miami too.

One thing that many think will happen is the coaching carousel is going to get nuts this year. We may see a lot of flips and flops.

Agree, Miami is a run down sh!those of a program, Cristobal is not going to Miami, I believe he already turned them down.

lastmajordog
11-29-2021, 09:50 AM
Why didn’t he play this year? Did he get hurt? A guy I see often is a big UCF / om fan. He said the UCF qb had been hurt but was REALLY hoping he was going the portal route theoretically to ox.....just bar talk but this was saturday.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2021, 10:40 AM
My Miami relatives don't think they are going to fire Manny this year. They say if they do, Cristobal is the first choice but they may not be able to get him.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 10:55 AM
My Miami relatives don't think they are going to fire Manny this year. They say if they do, Cristobal is the first choice but they may not be able to get him.

I think it depends on the AD hired. Some ADs don't want to inherit Manny. It could get interesting later this week. I don't think the administration is going to announce Manny is staying without an AD in place that is fully on board with the idea. And that's probably the sticking point with hiring an AD right now.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 11:36 AM
I'll be interested in seeing where Joe Brady falls on the list of hot coaches. He is about to be on the street in Carolina. He may not be a hot enough name for LSU, but I could see someone pulling the trigger. He better do something, otherwise he will be on the unemployment line very soon.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 11:38 AM
I'll be interested in seeing where Joe Brady falls on the list of hot coaches. He is about to be on the street in Carolina. He may not be a hot enough name for LSU, but I could see someone pulling the trigger. He better do something, otherwise he will be on the unemployment line very soon.

Surely he gets another year at Carolina. Darnold and cam are pretty much trash, and they've been without CM a ton.

Todd4State
11-29-2021, 11:54 AM

I could totally see LSU hiring him at this point if he will take it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Kiffin ain't going anywhere this year...and it don't really matter. He ain't that great anyway.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 12:05 PM
Kiffin ain't going anywhere this year...and it don't really matter. He ain't that great anyway.

Kiffin is good but Lebby made him great. Kiffin called zero plays this season. It was all Lebby.

Let's not forget Kiffin had several WTF games at FAU and Bama when he was THE play caller.

basedog
11-29-2021, 01:46 PM
Kiffin is good but Lebby made him great. Kiffin called zero plays this season. It was all Lebby.

Let's not forget Kiffin had several WTF games at FAU and Bama when he was THE play caller.

You can't be serious as "John McEnroe" coined. It was never about Lebby calling plays, it's about Ole Dixie's greatest QB ability and a really good wide receiver and running back core. I sure don't get the love for Lebby as if he is some great play caller. Regardless, it's still Kiffin's offense and saying Kiffin doesn't call plays isn't correct, I'm sure.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 01:54 PM
You can't be serious as "John McEnroe" coined. It was never about Lebby calling plays, it's about Ole Dixie's greatest QB ability and a really good wide receiver and running back core. I sure don't get the love for Lebby as if he is some great play caller. Regardless, it's still Kiffin's offense and saying Kiffin doesn't call plays isn't correct, I'm sure.

Well, no shit Sherlock. Having a ****ing Heisman contender at QB sure makes the play calling a lot easier.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2021, 01:57 PM

Corral made him great.

basedog
11-29-2021, 02:01 PM
Well, no shit Sherlock. Having a ****ing Heisman contender at QB sure makes the play calling a lot easier.

You said Lebby made Kiffin great, just "reporting" your quote Mr Sherlock, LOL.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 02:03 PM
You said Lebby made Kiffin great, just "reporting" your quote Mr Sherlock, LOL.

Yeah, Lebby makes Kiffin great. He's a damn good play caller. To think otherwise is too elementary, Watson.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Regardless of how good/who's the credit/QB or OC/etc. re. Kiffin, I would prefer him leave OM the next few weeks. He has definitely elevated their program, and they could do a lot worse.

SteelCurtain74
11-29-2021, 02:08 PM
I've seen Bill O'Brien's name being thrown around for the LSU job. Honestly, if they are looking in that direction, I would rather give Todd Monken at Georgia a call. They are 46th in the nation offensively but that stat is a little misleading considering their closest margin of victory outside of the Clemson game is 17 points. Most of their games have been over at halftime or early third quarter so they haven't had to throw as much. I'm not saying he would be my first, second or even third choice but I would much rather have him than O'Brien.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 02:23 PM
Regardless of how good/who's the credit/QB or OC/etc. re. Kiffin, I would prefer him leave OM the next few weeks. He has definitely elevated their program, and they could do a lot worse.

Oh Hell yeah. I want both of them to leave. Maybe Lebby will get the Duke gig and Lane flees to Miami.

basedog
11-29-2021, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Lebby makes Kiffin great. He's a damn good play caller. To think otherwise is too elementary, Watson.

You could make Kiffin great with Matt Corral. Play calling is great when you have talent at the running back and receiver core Ole Dixie has had this season. I see nothing special about Lebby's or Kiffin's play calling. What I see is big time play makers.

TrapGame
11-29-2021, 02:42 PM
You could make Kiffin great with Matt Corral. Play calling is great when you have talent at the running back and receiver core Ole Dixie has had this season. I see nothing special about Lebby's or Kiffin's play calling. What I see is big time play makers.

Agree to disagree bruh. Great play calling + good players = #9 team in the country.

WhiskeyPirate
11-29-2021, 02:52 PM
It’s the RPO with a unique talent who can run for 200+ yards and is also a great nfl caliber passer and veteran senior. It’s not much different than how good Cam made Auburn, and then a big drop off when Corrall is gone.

It’s just a unique talent creating a mismatch defenses can’t handle.

Watch next year if Kiffin stays, they will so much more one dimensional.

preachermatt83
11-29-2021, 05:21 PM

I agree

parabrave
11-29-2021, 05:53 PM
LSU now throwing the bank at Kelly. The ND one.

Bothrops
11-29-2021, 06:16 PM

Doesn't compute to me

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2021, 06:26 PM
I have no idea who the bears will hire if Kiffin bolts, but my money says it will be someone who doesn't go 10-7 in his first 17 SEC games.

I genuinely don't know who they would go out and hire that would be on Leach's level.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 06:37 PM

If they could get him, it would be a great hire

Coursesuper
11-29-2021, 06:43 PM
If they could get him, it would be a great hire

Y?all need to get over LSU they have some serious issues to sort through before they hire a real coach. They have title XI and ncaa issues to get past, any coach has to put this in the equation before they accept that job.

was21
11-29-2021, 06:54 PM
Brian Kelly (Notre Dame)...calling it now and have before

msstate7
11-29-2021, 06:59 PM
Brian Kelly (Notre Dame)...calling it now and have before

I think this would be a tremendous hire. Kelly is a good recruiter, and a great coach.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2021, 07:17 PM
I think this would be a tremendous hire. Kelly is a good recruiter, and a great coach.

Don't know why he'd leave ND tho. Only make his job harder.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 07:24 PM
Don't know why he'd leave ND tho. Only make his job harder.

Brian kelly isn't transitioning into a woman like Lincoln Riley

Haha

Tater
11-29-2021, 07:52 PM
Meyer to ND. Kelly wants more money and ND is scoffing at it because Urban wants the ND job. The roster is there for him to step in and succeed immediately. ND sees an upgrade and much like OU they'll say to having to match an offer "we'll just get someone who's won it if they want that much money."

OU sounds like they're going for a DC who's won it to be HC... time will tell if these schools made the right decision in balking

msstate7
11-29-2021, 07:55 PM
Meyer to ND. Kelly wants more money and ND is scoffing at it because Urban wants the ND job. The roster is there for him to step in and succeed immediately. ND sees an upgrade and much like OU they'll say to having to match an offer "we'll just get someone who's won it if they want that much money."

OU sounds like they're going for a DC who's won it to be HC... time will tell if these schools made the right decision in balking

Why isn't LSU putting the full court press on urban?

Tater
11-29-2021, 08:08 PM
Why isn't LSU putting the full court press on urban?

Urban, like Riley, doesn't want to be in the SEC.

ND is an easy job where he can go 11-1 or 12-0 with that soft ass schedule and get in most years. If their 1 loss wasn't to a G5 this year then ND is easily in. And they still might go. Urban wants the easiest path.

msstate7
11-29-2021, 08:11 PM
Urban, like Riley, doesn't want to be in the SEC.

ND is an easy job where he can go 11-1 or 12-0 with that soft ass schedule and get in most years. If their 1 loss wasn't to a G5 this year then ND is easily in. And they still might go. Urban wants the easiest path.

That's a strange way to paint ND's loss this year. That "G5" loss is indeed a G5, but also a playoff team

Tater
11-29-2021, 08:15 PM
That's a strange way to paint ND's loss this year. That "G5" loss is indeed a G5, but also a playoff team

It's what the committee is seeing. If that loss was to Clemson instead then it would be

1 Georgia
2 Clemson
3 Alabama
4 Notre Dame
5 Michigan

That's just the way it is.