Tier 2 - IN with a win next week

Alabama
Michigan
Oklahoma State

Tier 3 - IN with a win next week and at least 1 loss in Tier 2

Cincinnati

Tier 4 - IN with least 2 losses in Tiers 2-3

Notre Dame

If somehow you see 3 losses out of Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma State, and Cincinnati, you'd likely see Alabama and Ohio State back in the mix. Baylor, Iowa, and Oregon could work their way into the discussion depending on how their championship games go. That's all pretty far-fetched though.

PGHBulldogBG
11-28-2021, 10:43 AM
Here is a pretty cool Web site showing playoff projections for each team based on wins/losses next week

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-college-football-predictions/

dawgday166
11-28-2021, 10:46 AM
Here is a pretty cool Web site showing playoff projections for each team based on wins/losses next week

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-college-football-predictions/

That website seems to understand the game ... based on the % chance of Bama making playoff and winning Natty.

smootness
11-28-2021, 10:57 AM
That website seems to understand the game ... based on the % chance of Bama making playoff and winning Natty.

It's a great site, but I think they're off on UGA. They have UGA likely out if they lose and Michigan, Cincy, and Oklahoma State all win. I don't see it, they're almost certainly in regardless.

I'm not convinced Oklahoma State will for sure be ahead of Cincy in the pecking order. They have a tougher schedule overall, but they have a loss and no win as good as Cincy's best.

dawgday166
11-28-2021, 11:06 AM
It's a great site, but I think they're off on UGA. They have UGA likely out if they lose and Michigan, Cincy, and Oklahoma State all win. I don't see it, they're almost certainly in regardless.

I'm not convinced Oklahoma State will for sure be ahead of Cincy in the pecking order. They have a tougher schedule overall, but they have a loss and no win as good as Cincy's best.

I agree. And to clarify in case it's misunderstood ... when I said they understand the "game" I meant not the on field game, the other game behind the on field game. Those percentages for Bama are way high IMO.

Dawgface
11-28-2021, 11:18 AM
Hopefully UGA ends bama's hopes next week. I would welcome some new teams into the playoffs like Okie St and even Michigan. I wouldn't mind Cincy even tho they would have had the easiest path in.