parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:08 PM
Middle of 1st half we are down 20-25. Shooting about 50%

parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:14 PM
30-25 with 4 to go in 1st.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 01:15 PM
Jeffries and brooks are having nice games. Also seems like Garcia gave good mins

parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:17 PM
Mol just starting slow. Fountain needs more time.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 01:18 PM
Watts just started playing with us, but he hasn't really been that impressive. Is he expected to be a big contributor?

parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:27 PM
36-29 end of half. Shooting 50% and 90% FTs. Mol with 7 Jefferies and Brooks with 9 each. 19 rebounds and 6 asst.

parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:27 PM
Watts just started playing with us, but he hasn't really been that impressive. Is he expected to be a big contributor?

They say he is but I guess we need to give him time.

PMDawg
11-27-2021, 01:48 PM
We're destroying them on the boards. Still missing some easier shots, but up 12 now.

parabrave
11-27-2021, 01:51 PM
Starting to get sloppy.

PMDawg
11-27-2021, 01:59 PM
They close it to 7, we run it back to 11, then tolu gets called for a T. Smh

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Rocket needs to sit.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Gone another 4 minutes without scoring. I watched Duke and Gonzaga play yesterday. They would beat us by 50

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:08 PM
Tolu having a game. Glad to see him back. Up 8 with 6:30 left.

smootness
11-27-2021, 02:15 PM

He was horrific shooting the ball at Mich St. I never expected him to do much for us.

smootness
11-27-2021, 02:16 PM
Gone another 4 minutes without scoring. I watched Duke and Gonzaga play yesterday. They would beat us by 50

Haha ok? They would completely destroy most teams.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2021, 02:16 PM
We broke 60. Yay

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:17 PM
Dam are they trying to give the game away? Sloppy last 5 minutes,

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:21 PM
Jeez

CadaverDawg
11-27-2021, 02:25 PM
Unbelievable

BayouDawg
11-27-2021, 02:25 PM
This team has some talent but it will be wasted with another NIT run.

CJDAWG85
11-27-2021, 02:26 PM
What a collapse… 2 points in the final 6 minutes

Homedawg
11-27-2021, 02:28 PM
Gag gag gag. Up 8 w 3 to go. And don't score again. oT

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:28 PM
Our Guard play sucks. Mol 5-11 everyone else 1-12. 8 turnovers!

CadaverDawg
11-27-2021, 02:30 PM
Before anybody bitches about crowd support this year, look no further than shit like today. Howland is wasting talent at an unbelievable clip. It is inexcusable for this team to score 58 and 66 in back to back games...we are too talented. Howland is making chicken shit out of chicken salad. I want to be All In on men's hoops, but it is just so hard to watch Howland's product. And every time a big game comes along, we completely lay an egg it seems like.

I'll continue to tune in, but I don't blame those that don't. It's hard to watch.

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:32 PM
Tolu is a monster.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:32 PM
Had to go to OT. Up 3 with 3 to go. What a 17n waste. Howland needs to find out how to coach offense and defense. This team could run, but we don?t.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:33 PM
Up 7 with 2 minutes left.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2021, 02:34 PM
Had to go to OT. Up 3 with 3 to go. What a 17n waste. Howland needs to find out how to coach offense and defense. This team could run, but we don?t.

I'm not a basketball mind, but I was wondering that...it seems like we have speed and athleticism, but we fail to run, but instead opt for a slow half court game....why? I'm legit curious as to why he chooses that?

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:34 PM
Someone answer me this, how come we cannot run our offense like Duke or Gonzaga. I have had a better time watching their game yesterday than I have with MSU basketball in the past 12 years. And I don?t give two shits about Duke or Gonzaga.

99jc
11-27-2021, 02:38 PM
dang i thought we were losing richmond always plays us tough

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:41 PM
Our team could be elite, but we have to have a change in what we do as an offense. Slow half court is not going to win games. Period. We are going to get worked by teams that can run, like Ole Miss and Bama. Not to mention all the teams that are going to make the tourney.

Teams like us lose more often than not, because we can only hang for so long against a team that runs. Right now, we allow those teams to get 25 seconds break between each of their possessions.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 02:42 PM
We have plenty to practice this week. Jeffries and Matthews gonna have to quit turning the ball over. They have 8 of our 19 TOs

Lord McBuckethead
Not to mention it is boring as hell. And sucks when it doesn?t work perfectly.

PMDawg
DJ did his best to give it away, but we pulled it out.

msstate7
Someone answer me this, how come we cannot run our offense like Duke or Gonzaga. I have had a better time watching their game yesterday than I have with MSU basketball in the past 12 years. And I don?t give two shits about Duke or Gonzaga.

How we be bama in football?

Lord McBuckethead
We won by 11 in OT.

99jc
11-27-2021, 02:44 PM
17 - 19 from the FTL is pretty good.

parabrave
11-27-2021, 02:44 PM
Dogs pull it out, 82-71.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 02:57 PM

Basketball is fundamentally different than football. I am not sure your point here. If schools like Butler and Gonzaga can be powerhouses with their small ass athletic budgets, then we can. Bama football is only achievable by like 5 other schools in the entire country.

NCMSTFAN
11-27-2021, 03:00 PM
Richmond always has tough teams they also gave Maryland all they wanted but this game shouldn't have gone into OT,. I'm confused about this team, the talent, size and experience is there but we still go in spurts where we struggle to score. Regardless I'll take the win. We still have Minnesota and Colorado State left to play in our OOC schedule and both of those teams are still undefeated so we get a chance to get more good resume games.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 03:00 PM
Basketball is fundamentally different than football. I am not sure your point here. If schools like Butler and Gonzaga can be powerhouses with their small ass athletic budgets, then we can. Bama football is only achievable by like 5 other schools in the entire country.
Gonzaga hit the jackpot with an all time great coach, and they recruit like Kentucky

BayouDawg
11-27-2021, 03:05 PM

I think you miss the point. Running a similar style as duke and Gonzaga is not saying we should be as good as them. I like this team but our style of play is just gross and hard to watch.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 03:07 PM
I think you miss the point. Running a similar style as duke and Gonzaga is not saying we should be as good as them. I like this team but our style of play is just gross and hard to watch.

Running their style without future nba guys all over the court isn't as entertaining. Duke and Gonzaga can win playing any style bc they habe elite players

BayouDawg
11-27-2021, 03:19 PM
Running their style without future nba guys all over the court isn't as entertaining. Duke and Gonzaga can win playing any style bc they habe elite players

Again you can have a better pace of play without their talent. I think you know this.

BiscuitEater
11-27-2021, 03:33 PM
Our Guard play sucks. Mol 5-11 everyone else 1-12. 8 turnovers!

Definitely, an 'off' game for Guards .. should NEVER gone to OT! Guard play picked up in OT!

msstate7
11-27-2021, 03:34 PM
I think the style is fine. Now I certainly think howland could coach us better in offensive sets. I wish we'd give howland more money for coaches, and I wish howland would be receptive to some offensive help.

BayouDawg
11-27-2021, 03:38 PM
I think the style is fine. Now I certainly think howland could coach us better in offensive sets. I wish we'd give howland more money for coaches, and I wish howland would be receptive to some offensive help.

We can agree to disagree on the style. But I agree Howland could do better in our offensive sets. We dont move without the ball very well and ball movement is bad.

Ari Gold
11-27-2021, 06:06 PM
74 points a game
And shooting almost 50% from the field

It’s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can’t score., it’s not like we lost to Boise State

And who do you all want to coach us?? Who is going to get the talent here that Ben does ? I guess you ****s still want Kermit ..
Again I don’t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn’t and never was And never has been

BayouDawg
11-27-2021, 07:45 PM
74 points a game

It’s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can’t score., it’s not like we lost to Boise State

And who do you all want to coach us?? Who is going to get the talent here that Ben does ? I guess you ****s still want Kermit ..
Again I don’t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn’t and never was And never has been

Im fine with howland. Just not in love with our half court offensive strategy. Wish we would run more with our depth.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2021, 07:51 PM
74 points a game

Fine with Howland, just wish he'd wake up and utilize the talent he has in the best way possible.

Or to put it in terms you understand....

I'm fine with that mother ****er Howland, if he'd just wake the **** up and put those ****ers in the best position to ****ing succeed...which isn't ****ing playing a half court game, let those mother ****ers run and utilize their talent and skills. ****

msstate7
11-27-2021, 08:04 PM
Lol @ CD

I'm certainly a howland guy, but I understand the frustration with him at times. I do think he's put together a good team, and by conference play, this team is gonna be really good

basedog
11-27-2021, 08:08 PM
Let’s wait and see how things go when we play Sec teams.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 09:24 PM
Gonzaga hit the jackpot with an all time great coach, and they recruit like Kentucky

Fair enough, but it isn?t that hard to teach a little more push on offense.

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2021, 09:29 PM
I didn?t see it but Richmond is a solid team and a good win. If we can split between Minnesota and Colorado State and win all the others not counting TTU that?s a solid performance

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2021, 09:33 PM
74 points a game

Dude, Howland?s half court offense sucks, it is boring, and up until this point hasn?t won us shit. It has sucked since the day he hit campus. No one cuts to the basket. We run motion down to 8 seconds on the clock. I saw better ball movement and offensive movement without the ball in any 3 minute period of Gonzaga/Duke game than I have in 5 games total 200 minutes of gameplay against terrible defenses. And I am a Howland guy. Love the dude. Just calling a spade a spade here. He needs help, cause the real teams, the teams we want to play and beat, are playing literally a different game than we are, and when the time comes, our shit is going to get pushed in.

We as fans need to do our job. Go to games. And God forbid, stand the 17 up and cheer. This is a message board, and discussing the same faults we have seen from Howland years prior and looks to be continuing again this year, is exactly what needs to be discussed. Cause I am tired of seeing the same failure, game after game, roster after roster, year after year.

Simply put, our offense should look way more like Bamas, or Tenn?s this year.

calidawg
11-27-2021, 09:40 PM
74 points a game

It?s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can?t score., it?s not like we lost to Boise State

Again I don?t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn?t and never was And never has been

Say whatever you want.. we miss the tourney or barely make it into the tourney and 1 and done then Howland can pack his bags.

msstate7
11-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Say whatever you want.. we miss the tourney or barely make it into the tourney and 1 and done then Howland can pack his bags.

You actually think we gonna fire howland if he makes the tourney? Sober up

Cowbell
11-27-2021, 09:54 PM
Dude, Howland?s half court offense sucks, it is boring, and up until this point hasn?t won us shit. It has sucked since the day he hit campus. No one cuts to the basket. We run motion down to 8 seconds on the clock. I saw better ball movement and offensive movement without the ball in any 3 minute period of Gonzaga/Duke game than I have in 5 games total 200 minutes of gameplay against terrible defenses. And I am a Howland guy. Love the dude. Just calling a spade a spade here. He needs help, cause the real teams, the teams we want to play and beat, are playing literally a different game than we are, and when the time comes, our shit is going to get pushed in.

We as fans need to do our job. Go to games. And God forbid, stand the 17 up and cheer. This is a message board, and discussing the same faults we have seen from Howland years prior and looks to be continuing again this year, is exactly what needs to be discussed. Cause I am tired of seeing the same failure, game after game, roster after roster, year after year.

Simply put, our offense should look way more like Bamas, or Tenn?s this year.

Fact: Ari loves howland more than Bucky loves will.

Cowbell
11-27-2021, 09:57 PM
74 points a game

At one time we were a fun team to watch play. And I didn't miss a home game when I lived there. It's the reason the hump was packed at times under Stans. You need to quit taking up for your daddy every chance you get and let people debate what's going on here. It's useless to recruit if you can't coach.

Ari Gold
11-28-2021, 12:47 AM
At one time we were a fun team to watch play. And I didn't miss a home game when I lived there. It's the reason the hump was packed at times under Stans. You need to quit taking up for your daddy every chance you get and let people debate what's going on here. It's useless to recruit if you can't coach.

So you can debate how bad CBH is and I can’t give facts to argue??
Maybe you are just made still that your daddy is at western Kentucky and not making the ncaa tourney as usual