PDA

View Full Version : La Tech now searching for a new coach

MetEdDawg
11-26-2021, 03:25 PM
Holtz and La Tech agree to part ways and make it official today.

That will be an interesting job in my opinion. Lot of SEC coordinators could be looked at for that opening.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 04:30 PM
LaTech is a dead job now. Not getting out of CUSA was a killer. They'll struggle to find a top coordinator to take that job.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2021, 05:03 PM
LaTech is a dead job now. Not getting out of CUSA was a killer. They'll struggle to find a top coordinator to take that job.
^^^^This^^^^ La Tech would be a career killer.

State82
11-26-2021, 06:28 PM

Yep. They screwed themselves on that.

Todd4State
11-26-2021, 06:29 PM

Really? I just assumed that they would drop down to the Sun Belt and that C-USA was dead?

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 06:40 PM
Liberty joined CUSA. The La Tech job lost a lot of luster. It was a really good program for an up and coming coach. Now it would be career suicide.

was21
11-26-2021, 07:12 PM
Seems they burned bridges with Sunbelt conference, kind of like turned their nose up at it at one time. Also must be bad blood between Tech and ULL as well as ULM.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 07:15 PM
Really? I just assumed that they would drop down to the Sun Belt and that C-USA was dead?

No, CUSA was left with UTEP, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, and FIU.

WKU desperately wanted to join the MAC but Middle Tennessee wouldn't go with them, and the MAC didn't want to go to just 13. However, I suspect WKU will find a way in there when they can.

CUSA then "reloaded" by adding New Mexico State, Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, and Liberty, and may be adding more.

IF CUSA can convince North Dakota State and South Dakota State to join too, they may not be the worst FBS conference after all.