PDA

View Full Version : Lane: They Don?t even come close to following the rules.

Msujd164
11-26-2021, 12:01 PM
Regarding State fans on cowbells.

But his injury antics are all ok. There?s a reason Greg McElroy said ?This is a total lack of sportsmanship? regarding the phantom injuries.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 12:02 PM
I’m telling you Kiffin is a real douche

DownwardDawg
11-26-2021, 12:05 PM
Last night showed Lane's true character. Which there is none.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 12:08 PM
Last night showed Lane's true character. Which there is none.

This! He's just another one of the idiots up north.

parabrave
11-26-2021, 12:10 PM
well crap we should have done the same thing on OMs 1st TD drive as our guys were getting worn out. As long as its legal why not do it?

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2021, 12:41 PM
When a shithead this classless talks about rules I just laugh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2021/10/02/lane-kiffin-retweeting-alabama-students-mugshots/amp/

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:31 PM
I haven?t gone to a game for years, because of my boys, but even as a MSU fan, I can say that while there?s nothing like the bells during a big game, I don?t miss the headaches or ringing ears the following day. I know that they?re a tradition, but he?s not wrong. I?ve sat next to fans that never stopped ringing even when swapping hands. I know plenty of our fans that refuse to bring their kids to games because it?s so loud. If we don?t start doing better, there can be some repercussions. He?s being petty saying it like that, but by doing so, it?s going to get attention.

Ranchdawg
11-26-2021, 01:43 PM
Also Lane is not the only coach on that team that lacks class! Their defensive coordinator was smiling on the sideline on both of the targeting calls last night. Smiling as if he was proud that his players were attempting to hurt our players. And don?t give me that crud it?s just a football play and no harm intent was implied.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:08 PM
Did lane happen to comment on his fainting goats defense?

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:11 PM
Hell, no, but it was glorious to hear it called out on the air. I?m hoping that they implement something to deter that. It is a loophole that I don?t think you can close, but definitely tighten.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Hell, no, but it was glorious to hear it called out on the air. I?m hoping that they implement something to deter that. It is a loophole that I don?t think you can close, but definitely tighten.

Definitely. Amazing to me om had no offensive players go down with cramps lol. I counted 8 times last night om defensive players went down with
"Cramps", probably menstrual.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-26-2021, 02:17 PM
I find it funny how Kiffin says there shouldn?t be any hate in rivalry games then displays his antics at the end of the game. Great offensive mind or not he will always be what he has been all along. It?s embarrassing.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately, it?s completely legal. If it helps you win, and you?re willing to blatantly look that bad, I can?t fault the move. It sucks, but until its actually frowned upon, it?s part of the game.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:22 PM
I find it funny how Kiffin says there shouldn?t be any hate in rivalry games then displays his antics at the end of the game. Great offensive mind or not he will always be what he has been all along. It?s embarrassing.

He talked about that today. I saw it on google.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ole-miss-lane-kiffin-mississippi-state-cowbells.amp

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, it?s completely legal. If it helps you win, and you?re willing to blatantly look that bad, I can?t fault the move. It sucks, but until its actually frowned upon, it?s part of the game.

Actually it is illegal to fake injury but it's not enforced because how do you prove it. However they need to do like the nfl. At least in last 2 minutes of a half if there's an injury you have to use a timeout.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 02:26 PM
The games I've been to this year. Fans have been respectful of the bell rule. However last night it was obvious many people were ringing bells well past the center over the ball.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:27 PM
The games I've been to this year. Fans have been respectful of the bell rule. However last night it was obvious many people were ringing bells well past the center over the ball.

This is true.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:27 PM
Actually it is illegal to fake injury but it's not enforced because how do you prove it. However they need to do like the nfl. At least in last 2 minutes of a half if there's an injury you have to use a timeout.

I agree, but when a rule is essentially unenforceable, it?s legal. There needs to be something to deter it.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:37 PM
I agree, but when a rule is essentially unenforceable, it?s legal. There needs to be something to deter it.

Amen to that. It need to at very least cost a timeout or if you're out of timeouts a 5 yard penalty. The official rule is unsportsmanlike conduct and 15 yards but like I said ain't nobody enforcing it so it's useless. I've seen it enforce maybe 1 or 2 times and that was in the big 10.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 02:42 PM
I think Leach would consider it chicken $hit and never tell a player to fake an injury. Joey Freshwater is a bit**

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:44 PM
Amen to that. It need to at very least cost a timeout or if you're out of timeouts a 5 yard penalty. The official rule is unsportsmanlike conduct and 15 yards but like I said ain't nobody enforcing it so it's useless. I've seen it enforce maybe 1 or 2 times and that was in the big 10.

Since you can?t prove it, I?d say the biggest deterrent would be that the player is required to leave the playing field for 3 plays.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Since you can?t prove it, I?d say the biggest deterrent would be that the player is required to leave the playing field for 3 plays.

I'd bump it up to the whole series. I mean seeing as how we're all concerned about player safety in college and the nfl(sarcasm).

I like you're idea.

Coursesuper
11-26-2021, 02:55 PM

It is a dead ball unsportsmanlike, auto first down or half the distance depending on field position. But if it?s chronic like it is at shithead U then it?s plainly a time for the conference to grow a pair. If you call bullshit, the officials know what?s going on, and flag that ass it will come to an end. But this is going to take the administrations to speak up to the conference office and the word to come down from there for that to happen.

Edit to add it would have real teeth if the foul not only carried a 15 yard mark off and first down but also the offending player was ejected. That would bring it to a halt.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:57 PM
It is a dead ball unsportsmanlike, auto first down or half the distance depending on field position. But if it?s chronic like it is at shithead U then it?s plainly a time for the conference to grow a pair. If you call bullshit, the officials know what?s going on, and flag that ass it will come to an end. But this is going to take the administrations to speak up to the conference office and the word to come down from there for that to happen.

Yep.

defiantdog
11-26-2021, 03:05 PM
Also Lane is not the only coach on that team that lacks class! Their defensive coordinator was smiling on the sideline on both of the targeting calls last night. Smiling as if he was proud that his players were attempting to hurt our players. And don?t give me that crud it?s just a football play and no harm intent was implied.
Same coach got fired for running a kid to death at Maryland

Coursesuper
11-26-2021, 03:06 PM
Same coach got fired for running a kid to death at Maryland

That?s the one.

Cowbell
11-26-2021, 03:33 PM
This is a great example of when a teacher has to implement a rule that makes the whole classroom suffer when it's just one spoiled brat that never had a spanking to teach them at home.

RocketDawg
11-26-2021, 03:58 PM
Regarding State fans on cowbells.

But his injury antics are all ok. There?s a reason Greg McElroy said ?This is a total lack of sportsmanship? regarding the phantom injuries.

Just got in from the Thanksgiving trip, but watched the game last night. The head coach should be fined heavily - maybe $100K - for every momentum-killing fake injury. That's of any school, not just Ole Miss. Lane was actually chuckling at the last one that was meaningless. It's totally unethical, not just a lack of sportsmanship.

SailingDawg
11-26-2021, 04:09 PM
I?m telling you Kiffin is a real douche

I know it's ok with everyone here but those girls he dates are the same age at every school while he's getting older.

RocketDawg
11-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Definitely. Amazing to me om had no offensive players go down with cramps lol. I counted 8 times last night om defensive players went down with
"Cramps", probably menstrual.

I can see how they would get cramps. Considering how hot it was last night they easily got dehydrated. **

RocketDawg
11-26-2021, 04:20 PM

That's correct. What they should do is assume it's fake, then require them (the offending team) to prove it's a real injury. Or perhaps make the player sit out a half.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 04:21 PM
Just got in from the Thanksgiving trip, but watched the game last night. The head coach should be fined heavily - maybe $100K - for every momentum-killing fake injury. That's of any school, not just Ole Miss. Lane was actually chuckling at the last one that was meaningless. It's totally unethical, not just a lack of sportsmanship.

How do you prove it?

R2Dawg
11-26-2021, 04:24 PM

No its not part of the game. It was an obvious fake, players looked to the sidelines for the signal to go down. Delay of game is the penalty. Just like faking the snap count, wrong too.

Problem is, it is hard to prove someone is doing it but the replay showed it plain as day.

RocketDawg
11-26-2021, 04:24 PM

Yes, and that's typical in the OM game, but the rest of the games the rule followed reasonably closely. The rule is sort of overlooked by fans in that game. I believe Kiffin says he found them irritating - well, they're supposed to be irritating. I'm not a huge fan of cowbells, but since we're allowed to use them, might as well make them useful.

Coursesuper
11-26-2021, 04:27 PM
How do you prove it?
Where in a call that?s not reviewable is there a burden of prof? Is a football game not a court of law. The officiating crews know exactly what going on they just don?t have yet balls to make yet call.

RocketDawg
11-26-2021, 04:27 PM
How do you prove it?

When it's convenient for the offending team, and pretty obvious - make them prove it's a real injury. Then remove the fine if it can be proven.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 04:41 PM
Where in a call that?s not reviewable is there a burden of prof? Is a football game not a court of law. The officiating crews know exactly what going on they just don?t have yet balls to make yet call.

You're right official's absolutely know what's going on. Heck everyone knows it. Kiffin over there on the sideline laughing about it. Maybe the conference will do something about it but I doubt it. I can see it becoming rampant throughout the conference now that one team is blatantly abusing it.

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 04:42 PM
How do you prove it?

If a player is in his stance then falls to the turf that should be an unsportsmanlike penalty plus a charged timeout. Nothing has to be proven. If it happens you get penalized.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 04:44 PM
If they do that to bama I betcha the rule gets enforced

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 04:49 PM
If a player is in his stance then falls to the turf that should be an unsportsmanlike penalty plus a charged timeout. Nothing has to be proven. If it happens you get penalized.

If one is to levy fines and penalties, one must be able to prove. Leveraging penalties anytime a player falls to the turf is not acceptable in a physical game. Cramps do happen. I see this tactic all the time in soccer, too. It sucks, but you can?t prove that a player is or isn?t cramping. Therefore, it is unenforceable, and actions must be taken to deter the behavior.

Coursesuper
11-26-2021, 04:50 PM
If they do that to bama I betcha the rule gets enforced

Damn quick.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 04:51 PM
Damn quick.

Yep all Saban has to do is say the word.

CJDAWG85
11-26-2021, 04:52 PM
I’ve watched us on tv several times this year on the road when our center is over the ball and the Jumbotron is on full blast. So how is that any different to ringing cowbells?

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 04:57 PM
I’ve watched us on tv several times this year on the road when our center is over the ball and the Jumbotron is on full blast. So how is that any different to ringing cowbells?

It comes down to accountability. If a school is in violation of the rule, it gets penalized. Random fans violating the rules, and the school fights the penalty saying they are rouge fans.

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 05:12 PM
If one is to levy fines and penalties, one must be able to prove. Leveraging penalties anytime a player falls to the turf is not acceptable in a physical game. Cramps do happen. I see this tactic all the time in soccer, too. It sucks, but you can?t prove that a player is or isn?t cramping. Therefore, it is unenforceable, and actions must be taken to deter the behavior.

At the very least this should be a delay of game. He wasn?t hurt on the play. He wasn?t on the ground in pain after the play. Every thing was normal until he got the signal from the sidelines to take a fall.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 05:19 PM
Unless they penalize all injuries/cramps, that doesn?t work. If you make the player, for his own safety and evaluation 😉, leave the field for 3 plays, it starts happening much less.

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 05:34 PM
Unless they penalize all injuries/cramps, that doesn?t work. If you make the player, for his own safety and evaluation 😉, leave the field for 3 plays, it starts happening much less.

I could see that.

lastmajordog
11-26-2021, 05:34 PM
d

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 05:38 PM
Better get used to Brother Lane, went to a bar (and as I predicted) the bearsharkunknown mascots are willing to pay whatever to keep Lane and off coordinator. Another pseudo class action lawsuit or whatever it takes, they unlike DOG alumni are willing to do whatever it takes. Plan is to get a portal qb and wait for the second coming........ not hard to see......#TheNetworkLives......

Has Lane signed that extension/raise sitting on his desk yet?

Activated Alpha
11-26-2021, 06:00 PM
Has Lane signed that extension/raise sitting on his desk yet?

He will. Do not doubt the Network will make it happen

TrapGame
11-26-2021, 06:10 PM

The Network doesn?t control Kiffin. He isn?t Hugh Freeze. They?re probably more worried about keeping Lebby right now. And whoever replaces Corral next season has some mighty big shoes to fill.

Todd4State
11-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Yep all Saban has to do is say the word.

It's not like Lane Kiffin is Saban's favorite person. I think he might do it anyway. Saban typically doesn't like stuff like that.

Todd4State
11-26-2021, 06:53 PM

He'll sign it after the Miami job is filled if it isn't him. They've already made him an offer and he hasn't signed it.

Todd4State
11-26-2021, 06:54 PM
The Network doesn?t control Kiffin. He isn?t Hugh Freeze. They?re probably more worried about keeping Lebby right now. And whoever replaces Corral next season has some mighty big shoes to fill.

They should be worried about keeping both.

TUSK
11-27-2021, 02:28 AM
I'm with you cats... Artificial noisemakers and fake injuries should be outlawed and enforced, dangit!

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2021, 09:36 AM
If it is about "player safety" then if a player goes down due to cramp/exhaustion/whatever, that player should have to sit the remainder of the series. You know, if it is about safety and all.