PDA

View Full Version : Open up old great portal

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 10:01 AM
And let the dead weight head out the door. Then deliver us a LT for next season and an adequate kicker and punter maybe. I'll take a good safety too.
** I'm asking Santa for the same

basedog
11-26-2021, 10:11 AM
We need speed bad, not sure what our OL will look like next fall but if we don't get a few JUCO's and portal guys it may be liking.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 10:20 AM
We need speed bad, not sure what our OL will look like next fall but if we don't get a few JUCO's and portal guys it may be liking.

Our defense is exceptionally slow. Especially at LB and S. No pass rushers is a speed thing too really.

basedog
11-26-2021, 10:23 AM
Our defense is exceptionally slow. Especially at LB and S. No pass rushers is a speed thing too really.

Ole Dixie exposed us last night, our pursuit on swing passes was awful. I sure hope we find a rush DE or two.

Cowbell
11-26-2021, 10:33 AM
And let the dead weight head out the door. Then deliver us a LT for next season and an adequate kicker and punter maybe. I'll take a good safety too.
** I'm asking Santa for the same
And a RT

basedog
11-26-2021, 10:46 AM
And a RT

+1

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 11:18 AM
And a RT

That's already handled IMO. LT is the major concern.

parabrave
11-26-2021, 11:39 AM
Didn't we get our LT from the portal? Why don't we just develop our own linemen anymore?

HoopsDawg
11-26-2021, 11:41 AM
Didn't we get our LT from the portal? Why don't we just develop our own linemen anymore?

No. We signed Cross out of high school. But yeah, we got our RT from the portal.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2021, 11:43 AM
That's already handled IMO. LT is the major concern.

You think the JUCO steps right in? I always thought they need a year, hope you are right.

parabrave
11-26-2021, 12:00 PM
No. We signed Cross out of high school. But yeah, we got our RT from the portal.

My dyslexia is showing again.

ImissCityBagel
11-26-2021, 12:04 PM
We need an elite middle LB. Against passing teams every time we drop back, the QB will run for a first down. We need a LB can makes the QB think twice about it and throw it away.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2021, 12:09 PM
We need an elite middle LB. Against passing teams every time we drop back, the QB will run for a first down. We need a LB can makes the QB think twice about it and throw it away.

More speed at LB and Safety would definitely be nice.

A kicker, an OT, and a Corner. Then give it a go.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2021, 12:09 PM
Big difference in SEC competition compared to JUCO. one of the NJCAA National Leaders in Sacks is Rish Alford a 5 10 190 lb DL at East Central. It is very hard for a JC OL to contribute much less start his first year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Nick Jones is 6-3 300 , hopefully he is ready to contribute next year at about 315

AROB44
11-26-2021, 12:33 PM
We need more speed at rb too.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 12:43 PM
You think the JUCO steps right in? I always thought they need a year, hope you are right.

I don't, not at LT. I think we need a portal guy. Lewis will be a solid OL though with a year. We'll see. This system really works OL over. It's hard to pass block every play. It's different.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 12:49 PM
I don't, not at LT. I think we need a portal guy. Lewis will be a solid OL though with a year. We'll see. This system really works OL over. It's hard to pass block every play. It's different.

A pass blocking o line is a retool, and I think Albert Reese will be pretty good. Lewis will be good. Lashley hurt us, nothing against him I’m sure he was giving 100 percent.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2021, 01:12 PM

OT is so tough to play in this system. RB is not fun to play in this system. QB is fun but tough, a mobile QB would elevate the system. WR is fun. OG is relatively easy. C can be tough, but not as tough as OT.

Keys to success:
1. QB
2. LT
3. RT
4. WRs
5. C
6. RB's
7. OG

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 01:15 PM
OT is so tough to play in this system. RB is not fun to play in this system. QB is fun but tough, a mobile QB would elevate the system. WR is fun. OG is relatively easy. C can be tough, but not as tough as OT.

Keys to success:
1. QB
2. LT
3. RT
4. WRs
5. C
6. RB's
7. OG

Leach had some good Ot at WSU that were under the radar 6-5 guys that played basketball, long arms, good footwork, natural pass blockers. Redshirted, bulked up in the weight room. Much different than a smash mouth run blocking O line.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:59 PM
Leach had some good Ot at WSU that were under the radar 6-5 guys that played basketball, long arms, good footwork, natural pass blockers. Redshirted, bulked up in the weight room. Much different than a smash mouth run blocking O line.

PAC12 not necessarily known for D. Not sure that his best OL at WSU is better than the one we have this year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 02:07 PM
Yes sec d line is another animal. I’m talking about pure pass blocking lineman, Texas tech had seven go to the nfl. I’m thinking of joe Dahl 6-4 240 out of high school, basketball player good feet, playing for the Detroit lions. WSU got him nobody wanted him aside from Montana. He is 305 and a very good pass blocker.

Retooling the o line , hopefully Albert Reese and Nick Jones are ready. Yes we need to hit the portal. Lashley is so bad there is no way we can’t improve there IMO.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2021, 05:04 PM
So who plays OL next year for us?

We lose three starters, and we know what Rogers can do if he is given time.

But the offense doesn?t work of the OL is below average. I don?t like the options on the roster.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-27-2021, 01:49 AM

Keys to success:
1. QB
2. LT
3. RT
4. WRs
5. C
6. RB's
7. OG

I see 4 wrs and 1 qb among the list of commitments in next yrs class. 2 ot.

Saltydog
11-27-2021, 11:11 AM
You left off arguably the most important one for us next year, a kicker!