PDA

View Full Version : Players win

Homedawg
11-25-2021, 11:36 PM
Coaches lose games as a rule via message boards. our players flat lost this one. Should have been 21-10 at half.

Coursesuper
11-25-2021, 11:45 PM
This is a true statement, this was exactly the same thing we saw earlier in the year. The plays were there and they weren?t made.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 11:49 PM
Coaches lose games as a rule via message boards. our players flat lost this one. Should have been 21-10 at half.

This is a true statement, this was exactly the same thing we saw earlier in the year. The plays were there and they weren?t made.

Yep. And then we came out flat in the 2nd half and we all knew what was coming. Even the scoring at the end to make it look respectable.

bigplayslay
11-25-2021, 11:50 PM

Glad someone is saying it. People blaming leach and comparing the egg bowl to the apple cup are dumb.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2021, 11:52 PM
So what if next year we are 7-5 with a loss to Ole Miss? We have a very tough schedule next year.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2021, 11:53 PM
True, but Leach is responsible for getting said players so that he wins the game. Excuses are just that...you are what your record is, and Leach is 0 for his last 8 in rival games. If that's on the players, then he better get some that can start winning these games. Bc we won't sit around and watch him go 1-8 versus Ole Miss

Coursesuper
11-25-2021, 11:54 PM
So what if next year we are 7-5 with a loss to Ole Miss? We have a very tough schedule next year.
That would be a decent year, the schedule next year sux. Everything about that schedule is abhorrent.

bigplayslay
11-25-2021, 11:56 PM
True, but Leach is responsible for getting said players so that he wins the game. Excuses are just that...you are what your record is, and Leach is 0 for his last 8 in rival games. If that's on the players, then he better get some that can start winning these games. Bc we won't sit around and watch him go 1-8 versus Ole Miss

The apple cup and the egg bowl aren?t comparable big guy.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 11:57 PM

OP is talking about THIS game. He's not validating Leach's overall coaching. THIS game could've been won if players make those handful of plays. Now run along and complain about Cohen. Ha!

Homedawg
11-25-2021, 11:59 PM

You'll say fire Cohen. What else is new??? That's what....

yjnkdawg
I agree Homedawg. CML can't make the plays on the field. Like he told the players, in the Auburn game, if you just execute and make the plays they can't stop us. Well the players didn't execute or make the plays tonight. It has been obvious from day one of CML coming here some on this board want him to fail though, and that's pretty pathetic.

CadaverDawg
The apple cup and the egg bowl aren?t comparable big guy.

They are rival games. And Leach lost all but 1. He's lost all of the Egg Bowls so far. Big guy.

Homedawg
OP is talking about THIS game. He's not validating Leach's overall coaching. THIS game could've been won if players make those handful of plays. Now run along and complain about Cohen. Ha!

Well said.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:00 AM

Stop it. No one is trading in Will, Marks or Tulu. They didn't make those plays, but they are good players and have made a ton of good ones this year. Hell, Tulu made a great play to keep that drive alive.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:01 AM
Stop it. No one is trading in Will, Marks or Tulu. They didn't make those plays, but they are good players and have made a ton of good ones this year. Hell, Tulu made a great play to keep that drive alive.

I didn't say trade them. I'm saying it's Leach's responsibility to win games. No excuses. He lost, y'all quit making excuses.

chainedup_Dawg
11-26-2021, 12:02 AM
I have gone back and forth on his coaching all year but THIS game isn't on Leach. Good coaches put their players in positions to succeed/win. He put our players in position to succeed and they didn't execute. 3 opportunities to catch a simple, wide the 17 open td and couldn't haul it in. An almost chip shot FG and our kicker just flat out misses, doesn't push or pull it, just flat 17n misses. That's the difference in the game right there. That's without taking into account all the dumb mistakes and penalties and not to mention Lashley being the 2nd best player on their defense.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:04 AM
They are rival games. And Leach lost all but 1. He's lost all of the Egg Bowls so far. Big guy.

If Bama was our rival you'd be 100% correct to be worried, because that's what it was like, talent wise vs UW. If Leach is our coach for a long time he'll win his share of Egg Bowls. Now if Kiffin leaves and OM doesn't get some stud QB from the portal... and we lose again. Well...

bigplayslay
11-26-2021, 12:04 AM

If you think Washington st and Washington are on the same level I?ve literally got nothing for you.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:06 AM
I have gone back and forth on his coaching all year but THIS game isn't on Leach. Good coaches put their players in positions to succeed/win. He put our players in position to succeed and they didn't execute. 3 opportunities to catch a simple, wide the 17 open td and couldn't haul it in. An almost chip shot FG and our kicker just flat out misses, doesn't push or pull it, just flat 17n misses. That's the difference in the game right there. That's without taking into account all the dumb mistakes and penalties and not to mention Lashley being the 2nd best player on their defense.

Why don't you, as coach, help Lashley? After all, you're the F'ing coach. Lashley clearly can't block Williams, and Leach does NOTHING to fix it. Guess what, unless we start recruiting at a Top 5 level, we will face many teams with better players in this league, so it can't just be "the players lost it" every time our opponent has a more talented DE than our Tackle. I agree the drops killed us, but the Lashley stuff ain't on Lashley....Leach knew Lashley couldn't block him, and did zero to help "put him in position to succeed".

Coursesuper
11-26-2021, 12:07 AM
I didn't say trade them. I'm saying it's Leach's responsibility to win games. No excuses. He lost, y'all quit making excuses.

I?m not making excuses here, the plays were there in the first half and we didn?t make them, we were whipping their ass in the first half, hell, they were holding desperately to keep us off them and we just didn?t make the plays.
And next year is going to be rough, that schedule sux and we lose very important pieces of our puzzle. So get ready for that.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:08 AM
If Bama was our rival you'd be 100% correct to be worried, because that's what it was like, talent wise vs UW. If Leach is our coach for a long time he'll win his share of Egg Bowls. Now if Kiffin leaves and OM doesn't get some stud QB from the portal... and we lose again. Well...

So I should feel BETTER that our rival is much closer in talent than UW was, yet we still got whipped by them at home, and are 0-2 vs them?? Not sure that makes me feel better. Especially considering Kiffin supposedly took over a shit show too, and he's 10-2 and top 10.

Irondawg
11-26-2021, 12:08 AM
All I ask is that the coaches put the players in position to win games and have a good game plan.

For the most part I thought we did that tonight although I think we should have run a tad more.

But we missed 4 easy td throw and catches and a couple of times lost contain on the edge on defense. I thought we were flat in the 3rd quarter so I guess you can put that on the coaches and then too many penalties on the Ol again.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:09 AM
If you think Washington st and Washington are on the same level I?ve literally got nothing for you.

How is that helping your argument? Leach is 0-2 versus Kiffin. If they are closer in talent, that's even worse that he's still getting beaten in every rival game. Am I missing something?

bigplayslay
11-26-2021, 12:10 AM
How is that helping your argument? Leach is 0-2 versus Kiffin. If they are closer in talent, that's even worse that he's still getting beaten in every rival game. Am I missing something?

Yeah you are missing something. The first year we had like what 47 eligible players? And this year we had missed kicks, dropped passes etc that leach can?t do anything about. So yeah you are.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:12 AM
Yeah you are missing something. The first year we had like what 47 eligible players? And this year we had missed kicks, dropped passes etc that leach can?t do anything about. So yeah you are.

Excuses. You are what your record says you are. Leach is 0-9 in his last 9 rivalry games, and 0-2 versus Ole Miss. So yeah, I realize what I'm missing...the excuses.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:14 AM
Why don't you, as coach, help Lashley? After all, you're the F'ing coach. Lashley clearly can't block Williams, and Leach does NOTHING to fix it. Guess what, unless we start recruiting at a Top 5 level, we will face many teams with better players in this league, so it can't just be "the players lost it" every time our opponent has a more talented DE than our Tackle. I agree the drops killed us, but the Lashley stuff ain't on Lashley....Leach knew Lashley couldn't block him, and did zero to help "put him in position to succeed".

It's painfully obvious that Lashley is the best of our worst linemen on the team. If not he'd be on the bench. That's what makes next year's line scary.

bigplayslay
11-26-2021, 12:17 AM
Excuses. You are what your record says you are. Leach is 0-9 in his last 9 rivalry games, and 0-2 versus Ole Miss. So yeah, I realize what I'm missing...the excuses.

Oh shit my bad. I forgot leach could kick field goals and catch passes for our guys! Also I think you?re forgetting this is literally Ole Miss? best record in the history of their program. But I?m about to log off. You keep logging on here and posting!

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:19 AM

Well JoMo was 2-0 vs his last two rivalry games... so with that logic, he's Sabanesque?

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:21 AM
Oh shit my bad. I forgot leach could kick field goals and catch passes for our guys! Also I think you?re forgetting this is literally Ole Miss? best record in the history of their program. But I?m about to log off. You keep logging on here and posting!

Again, excuses. That's all those are. Those are Leach's players. This is Leach's team. This is Leach's 9th straight rivalry L. It is what it is.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:22 AM
Well JoMo was 2-0 vs his last two rivalry games... so with that logic, he's Sabanesque?

No. But he was a coach that knew how to beat his rival. This game isn't everything, but it's one that you can't continue to lose at a 100% clip

bigplayslay
11-26-2021, 12:22 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Irondawg
11-26-2021, 12:26 AM
So if you are what your record is then OM is a true top 10 team.

I?m pissed we lost but this is a really, really good OM team that also played very well tonight. I absolutely hate it but they are tough to beat when Lane?s overly aggressive 4th down strategy doesn?t bite them in the butt.

I do agree that you can?t be like Harbaugh and lose all the time to your rival. Next year we should be better than them in talent unless they hit portal lottery jackpot

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:30 AM
So if you are what your record is then OM is a true top 10 team.

I?m pissed we lost but this is a really, really good OM team that also played very well tonight. I absolutely hate it but they are tough to beat when Lane?s overly aggressive 4th down strategy doesn?t bite them in the butt.

I do agree that you can?t be like Harbaugh and lose all the time to your rival. Next year we should be better than them in talent unless they hit portal lottery jackpot

Yep. It sucks, but they are good. And what sucks the most is their coach has only been there a few years too. They got a better coach, and they've done a better job building their team up, and are now a Top5-10 team while we're 7-5. It sucks

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 12:35 AM
I think the thing that concerns me most is that we seemed to play them better last year. After our opening FG following their 4 and out, this one never felt close. When we couldn?t get in the EZ before the half, I felt this one was over. It never felt as close as the score. We were manhandled too much of the time. I think we are getting better, but after tonight, I can?t deny that Durkin has OM much improved with his defense. When healthy, they?ll be hard to handle in a NY6 bowl. If we can?t play physical, we might be in trouble. Will is a good QB, but he?s not made for taking hits.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:36 AM
No. But he was a coach that knew how to beat his rival. This game isn't everything, but it's one that you can't continue to lose at a 100% clip

You're angry and not a big Leach guy (although you did come back to the fold recently), I get it. Leach will be fine against OM. Chips fall a little differently the last two years, full roster, goal line fumble, dropped TD passes, etc..., who knows, could be 2-0. But yes excuses.

But how bout that Auburn game, huh?**

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 12:36 AM

Tru dat. About a minimum of 15 and most years 20 to 25 spots difference in recruiting rankings every year. Some folks just don't understand that.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:40 AM
Tru dat. About a minimum of 15 and most years 20 to 25 spots difference in recruiting rankings every year. Some folks just don't understand that.

I understand it. I also understand that it only hurts their argument, it doesnt help it. It says you have an excuse against Washington, but no excuse to keep losing to Ole Miss. Yet you're 0-2.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:42 AM
You're angry and not a big Leach guy (although you did come back to the fold recently), I get it. Leach will be fine against OM. Chips fall a little differently the last two years, full roster, goal line fumble, dropped TD passes, etc..., who knows, could be 2-0. But yes excuses.

But how bout that Auburn game, huh?**

I am mad, and I'm not a big Leach guy, but I'm also not a big fan of any MSU coach that doesn't beat Ole Miss. And Leach being 0-2, and having a history of losing rivalry games, doesn't help.

And unfortunately the Auburn win doesn't even look good anymore, now that they can't beat anybody all the sudden.

But you're right, I'm really just pissed as hell, so I'll stop. It makes me sick that they hit a homerun with Kiffin after all the shit they did that should have set them back for a decade...yet here they are about to go to the Sugar Bowl while we're back treading mediocrity water like always.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2021, 12:46 AM
I am mad, and I'm not a big Leach guy, but I'm also not a big fan of any MSU coach that doesn't beat Ole Miss. And Leach being 0-2, and having a history of losing rivalry games, doesn't help.

And unfortunately the Auburn win doesn't even look good anymore, now that they can't beat anybody all the sudden.

Well goodnight CD. Tonight sucked for sure but I hope you eat a lot of crow in the upcoming years. And I'm sure you won't mind it at all! We all want the same thing.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 12:47 AM

I would say it’s much worse than that. WSU has many years a class ranked in the 50s , UW has classes that have hovered around the top 10.

That’s a pretty damm big gap.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 12:50 AM
Well goodnight CD. Tonight sucked for sure but I hope you eat a lot of crow in the upcoming years. And I'm sure you won't mind it at all! We all want the same thing.

No doubt. I'd love to eat crow, and I'll be the first to own it if it happens.

MBDawg601
11-26-2021, 01:15 AM

But you're right, I'm really just pissed as hell, so I'll stop. It makes me sick that they hit a homerun with Kiffin after all the shit they did that should have set them back for a decade...yet here they are about to go to the Sugar Bowl while we're back treading mediocrity water like always.

Typical, waller around in your feelings after losing to a legit top 10 team. We are the 3rd best team in the west. Unfortunately it is 2nd to Ole Miss and Bama.

Sucks to lose, but can honestly say that this healthy Ole Miss team... will not lose many games. I think we are close and very optimistic about the future. The west was literally "wild wild west" this year. Stiff competition and we finished 3rd. Not bad.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 01:19 AM
Typical, waller around in your feelings after losing to a legit top 10 team. We are the 3rd best team in the west. Unfortunately it is 2nd to Ole Miss and Bama.

Sucks to lose, but can honestly say that this healthy Ole Miss team... will not lose many games. I think we are close and very optimistic about the future. The west was literally "wild wild west" this year. Stiff competition and we finished 3rd. Not bad.

We are actually likely to finish 5th in the West if A&M beats LSU and Arkansas beats Mizzou, but if saying we're 3rd makes you feel better have at it.

MBDawg601
11-26-2021, 01:49 AM
We are actually likely to finish 5th in the West if A&M beats LSU and Arkansas beats Mizzou, but if saying we're 3rd makes you feel better have at it.

Likely, but still up for discussion. We were 1 game away from being 2nd in the west. If I would have told anyone that to start the season I would have been crucified, but here we are throwing temper tantrums about losing the 2nd spot.

Crazy how the season went surprisingly well. Some people can't handle a little success. They start wanting and expecting.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:53 AM
That?s just human nature.

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 01:55 AM
I understand it. I also understand that it only hurts their argument, it doesnt help it. It says you have an excuse against Washington, but no excuse to keep losing to Ole Miss. Yet you're 0-2.

I don't think we should have lost this game but I do tend to think young skill players let the moment be too much for them. But ignoring that this isn't 1st time a coach has lost 2 straight to OM. Mullen was 2-4 his last 6 years.

Not sure how this will turn out long term but we do need upgraded talent on OL and DL. Leach and staff gotta go get them. I also think Kiffin inherited a much better, more experienced roster than Leach did. And Kiffin can coach. Kiffin ain't Matt Luke and Leach didn't inherit the #1 D in country and Fitz the Bearshart and Aggie slayer. We got awfully lucky against this mostly same team minus Corral JoMo's 2nd year when we had mostly upper classmen and their guys were Sophs and Frs.

I kinda expected some hits and misses this year and that's what we got. In a way the season actually exceeded my expectations. Not happy about tonight but we sure didn't capitalize on our opportunities ... And we had some.

One thing Leach does have to learn is how to acct for a stud pass rusher. That's twice now one has eaten our lunch.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-26-2021, 01:55 AM
We are all fans. Short for fanatics. Reason goes out of the window often.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 02:32 AM

You and Homedawg are dead on. The first td we missed to Polk was a beautiful play design and caused om to miss an assignment and will just missed a wide open Polk. Excellent design by Leach but not executed by the players. The 3 drops on the last drive of first half once again beautiful throws by Will but receivers let him down. The plays were there for us to be up by at least 11 at half and players
didn't execute.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2021, 02:40 AM
Im not ready to discuss the game, but Im just leaving this comment:

Vandy rushed for over 200 yards, we rushed for 84 yards, at home, in a rainstorm.

Someone please come hire Lane.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 07:49 AM

Oregon, SC, UCLA, to name a few, had higher ranked classes than Washington for many years from 2010 to 2018. WSU and Leach was able to win more than a few times in that time frame vs Oregon, SC and UCLA.

Jimmy Lake had Leach's number.

DAWG1903
11-26-2021, 07:51 AM

This is how I feel also.....you said it.

DAWG1903
11-26-2021, 07:59 AM
I agree Homedawg. CML can't make the plays on the field. Like he told the players, in the Auburn game, if you just execute and make the plays they can't stop us. Well the players didn't execute or make the plays tonight. It has been obvious from day one of CML coming here some on this board want him to fail though, and that's pretty pathetic.

Yep - there is definitely an agenda by a portion of our fan base that will stir shit to try and remove CML and Cohen. This is what I do know.....I doubt there is anyone on this board that has the clout or money to do a damn thing other than bitch. I know for sure I don't have either one and we are not firing Cohen or Leach anytime soon.....so for those with an agenda just keep bitching.

DAWG1903
11-26-2021, 08:04 AM

Good Point and if you remember TSUN didn't have any players out with Covid Protocol during last years game. However, the very next day almost the whole team was out with Covid. Yeah, Right@! Blow some more smoke and lay down with fake ass cramp during our drives..........bush league and we all know there is nothing they will not do - I mean nothing.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 08:19 AM
Yep - there is definitely an agenda by a portion of our fan base that will stir shit to try and remove CML and Cohen. This is what I do know.....

Conspiracy theorist. Maybe there are people that want to talk MSU sports and have different views than you.

DAWG1903
11-26-2021, 08:26 AM
Conspiracy theorist. Maybe there are people that want to talk MSU sports and have different views than you.

So, you are telling me that there isn't a portion of our fan base that wants to see Leach and Cohen removed? And you are certainly welcome to your thought and opinions....so as you mentioned we just have different views.

Todd4State
11-26-2021, 08:34 AM
So, you are telling me that there isn't a portion of our fan base that wants to see Leach and Cohen removed? And you are certainly welcome to your thought and opinions....so as you mentioned we just have different views.

Doesn't matter. I'm sure there are some small minority Alabama fans that want Saban gone. No coach is going to make everyone 100% happy.

As it is Leach is our coach and people that don't like him enough to want him gone are in the minority. That said, the reality is he is going to have to beat Ole Miss some or he will be in hot water here.

DAWG1903
11-26-2021, 08:39 AM
Doesn't matter. I'm sure there are some small minority Alabama fans that want Saban gone. No coach is going to make everyone 100% happy.

As it is Leach is our coach and people that don't like him enough to want him gone are in the minority. That said, the reality is he is going to have to beat Ole Miss some or he will be in hot water here.

You are probably right and I do think Leach will win some Egg Bowls.

RezDog7
11-26-2021, 08:41 AM

Did the painted end zones keep you from seeing our wide open receivers dropping passes that would have resulted in another 14 points big guy?

msstate7
11-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Did the painted end zones keep you from seeing our wide open receivers dropping passes that would have resulted in another 14 points big guy?

Weren't the drop tds on the same drive? I don't count Polk's as a drop... that was a slight overthrow

Percho
11-26-2021, 10:23 AM
You and Homedawg are dead on. The first td we missed to Polk was a beautiful play design and caused om to miss an assignment and will just missed a wide open Polk. Excellent design by Leach but not executed by the players. The 3 drops on the last drive of first half once again beautiful throws by Will but receivers let him down. The plays were there for us to be up by at least 11 at half and players
didn't execute.

I thought Polk stumbled coming out of the brake and that caused him to be a little short of a well throne ball.

I just watched it, again. Just a little overthrown.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 10:28 AM

Yep, it cost us 1 TD. We lost by 10. Again, it's on Leach to win games. He's paid millions per year to do it. I'm sure there were games against Washington where Wazzu fans said "if _____ had caught that open TD, we win"....but guess what, they Lost then too. And Leach has now lost 8 or 9 straight against his rival. That's not "on the players" when you've failed to deliver a victory over your rival in 9 straight attempts. That is a Leach stat, not a Tulu stat, or a Marks stat, or a Rogers stat. It's a Leach stat. So make excuses all you want, but those drops weren't the only plays in that game, and we had many many chances to overcome them. But at the end of the day, Leach lost to his rival AGAIN. So he may want to rethink his preparation strategy for rivalry games, bc there is a flaw.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 12:33 PM
I thought Polk stumbled coming out of the brake and that caused him to be a little short of a well throne ball.

I just watched it, again. Just a little overthrown.

Yeah I mean just overthrown by a couple inches. That's the difference in wins and losses so many times, those inches. That one scene in Any Given Sunday where Pacino talks about the inches nails it.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-26-2021, 12:42 PM
A great speech!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Pretty much the game last nigh.

https://youtu.be/_b7bgtu2O4E

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 01:28 PM
Weren't the drop tds on the same drive? I don't count Polk's as a drop... that was a slight overthrow

Agree with this. We left at a minimum 13 pts on table with that TD and 2 missed FGs. Also, on drive of slight overthrow, I believe Polk also wasn't looking on crossing pattern when Will hit him in elbow. which would've been a 1st and goal I believe.

Also our D giving up that 3rd and 22 or something like that ended up in a their 1st TD drive I believe.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 01:31 PM
When is the last time you saw a P5 team drop 3 wide open gimmes in the end zone ? I never have that I can remember.

If we catch a soft wide open pass even once, and hit the field goals it’s a different game.