PDA

View Full Version : The sequence to end the first half was game defining to me

Irondawg
11-25-2021, 10:53 PM
You drop 3 straight td passes and then miss the fg going into halftime. Should have had the lead or worst case 10-9.

I think that really changed the momentum and our only hope was to take the 2nd half kick and go down and get a td and we couldn?t do it.

Their DL got after us us 2nd half and we couldn?t block without holding and then their run game picked it up.

Hard to blame this on the D as when Corral can run nobody had really stopped their offense. It only slowed down when he was pretty hurt and they had wr out. We were always going to need 28-35 to win and in the first half I thought we were on our way.

We could have easily been up 20-10 at half even giving the missed 40 yard fg

Dawgology
11-25-2021, 11:11 PM
Yep. If you can’t catch wide open passes in the end zone then you can’t compete in college football. Regardless of offensive strategy. That was terrible execution by the offense. They screwed up on the Polk dropped TD pass also

DownwardDawg
11-25-2021, 11:12 PM
That's when the game was over. It was obvious. We dug a hole.

redstickdawg
11-25-2021, 11:16 PM
This team has too many players and coaches that are not ready for prime tie just like the late ball foul on #58. We are a long way from being competitive and anyone that tells you that we are close is stupid.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2021, 11:25 PM
Yeah. I thought this team grew up after wins at aTM and Auburn. However they looked like they did in the Memphis game tonight. Just all thumbs and lost at times.

This team desperately needs players. We need playmakers at all skill positions. We need a stud OL, DL and LB. let's peek at recruiting.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2021, 11:40 PM
Multiple things hurt us tonight:

1) Scott Lashley
2) Dropped passes
3) Inconsistent defensive play
4) Ole Miss never let us get momentum
5) Special teams
6) Refs not calling multiple holds against OM on critical plays

All of these things factored into tonight. Will missed some passes. We dropped some. Ole Miss faked injuries (if you think that doesn't affect things you're crazy).

It all came together at the wrong time against a good opponent.

And someone please explain the onside kick down 11 with 7:20 left in the game and 2 timeouts. What the hell was that?

ETA: #6. Refs sucked calling OM holds tonight. There was a streak of 4 plays in a row where I saw clear holding not called.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2021, 11:42 PM

1) Scott Lashley
2) Dropped passes
5) Special teams

All of these things factored into tonight. Will missed some passes. We dropped some. Ole Miss faked injuries (if you think that doesn't affect things you're crazy).

And someone please explain the onside kick down 11 with 7:20 left in the game and 2 timeouts. What the hell was that?

Some common points in all of our loses. Except BAMA, we are just scared of them.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 11:45 PM
You drop 3 straight td passes and then miss the fg going into halftime. Should have had the lead or worst case 10-9.

I think that really changed the momentum and our only hope was to take the 2nd half kick and go down and get a td and we couldn?t do it.

Their DL got after us us 2nd half and we couldn?t block without holding and then their run game picked it up.

Hard to blame this on the D as when Corral can run nobody had really stopped their offense. It only slowed down when he was pretty hurt and they had wr out. We were always going to need 28-35 to win and in the first half I thought we were on our way.

We could have easily been up 20-10 at half even giving the missed 40 yard fg

Lost all mo and it's the job of the coaches to get it back at half. Then a 4 play punt to start the 2nd... done. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Had plenty of opportunities to take a nice lead. 17 Ole Miss!

IncessantCowbellRinger
11-25-2021, 11:55 PM

1) Scott Lashley
2) Dropped passes
5) Special teams

And the ref aid to give OM their first touchdown.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2021, 12:19 AM
Some common points in all of our loses. Except BAMA, we are just scared of them.

After that lost to TAMU I doubt a Nick Saban coached team would have been beaten by anybody that next week. That loss got them ignited. That's not to say we would have won if Bama had beaten TAMU, but we played Bama at the worse possible time we could have.

Irondawg
11-26-2021, 12:21 AM
Yeah I don?t get the inside kick call when we did it unless we saw something on film that made us think we had a great shot of getting it.

I know our D was not slowing them down much but I agree that it was probably too early to try that.