PDA

View Full Version : That?s 0-2 Pirate

FriarsPoint
11-25-2021, 10:47 PM
I don?t give a shit if you?re the reincarnation of Knute Rockne. You beat Mississippi. And you beat them more than they beat you. So far your pirate shit is taking on waves. Get your head out of your arrrrggggghhh ass. Or walk the plank.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2021, 10:51 PM
I don?t give a shit if you?re the reincarnation of Knute Rockne. You beat Mississippi. And you beat them more than they beat you. So far your pirate shit is taking on waves. Get your head out of your arrrrggggghhh ass. Or walk the plank.

Go back to WSU and Leach is now 1-9 against instate archrivals in the last 10 years. He coaches for his job next year in the Egg Bowl. If he doesn't, then somebody else needs to go.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2021, 10:53 PM
But, this game doesn't matter. It's ok to be mediocre and lose to Memphis and OM. Saw a whole thread about it earlier.

BayouDawg
11-25-2021, 11:04 PM
Last year was forgivable. 47 players and all. This year they are better but not that much better. Just didnt want it bad enough and that falls on Leach.

FriarsPoint
11-25-2021, 11:15 PM
Last year was forgivable. 47 players and all. This year they are better but not that much better. Just didnt want it bad enough and that falls on Leach.

I’ll fall short of didn’t want. Definitely didn’t execute in pirate lingo.

He wins next year or he can haul ass. Rivalry games mean something here.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 11:23 PM
But, this game doesn't matter. It's ok to be mediocre and lose to Memphis and OM. Saw a whole thread about it earlier.

Yeah we are trending up, we have fans that say so even if we lose. 7-5 is now the goal.

That kind of logic making decisions at MSU is why we will never win. Probably why it took so long in baseball too.

Fader21
11-25-2021, 11:24 PM
3 dropped touchdown passes hurt us tonight, not coaching.

KOdawg1
11-25-2021, 11:26 PM
Wrong. It all hurt us

Extendedcab
11-25-2021, 11:27 PM
F*** the pirate. If you can not win your most heated rivalry, then get the hell out!!! What a Shit Show!!

CadaverDawg
11-25-2021, 11:28 PM
A loss is a loss, No excuses. I'm sure they had some "shoulda won" games against Washington too...but at the end of the day you are what your record says you are, and Leach's record says he's shit against his rival

redstickdawg
11-25-2021, 11:29 PM

what about the porous defense? Defense couldn't get off the field or stop their wide screens, not prepared at all. Arnett didn't have the defense prepared at all and this looked like the effort against memph and la tech pitiful in every aspect. Leach needs to win next year or GTFO!!

Fader21
11-25-2021, 11:30 PM
Wrong. It all hurt us

If we would have caught those 3 passes, we aren't having this conversation more than likely.

Dawgfan77
11-25-2021, 11:30 PM
We watched zero film this week. Worked out only for reps that's it. That's what we do.

msstate7
11-25-2021, 11:31 PM
Leach has lost 9 straight Apple cup/egg bowls

Yikes

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2021, 11:31 PM
Leach is going to learn this week. Not as many people will want to chit chat at the bar. Or laugh at his jokes.

If he wants the jokes to keep landing, he better get off his tail and find players.

IncessantCowbellRinger
11-25-2021, 11:36 PM

Correct. So sick of all this predictable "F*ck the pirate" and "he just didn't want it bad enough" BS. Of course he wanted to win. I love MSU but can't stand some of our fans.

Homedawg
11-25-2021, 11:38 PM

Stupid post. Didn't want it?? We were a bad pas and 3 drops from being up 21-10 at half. . That's on the players. Not the coach. Internet take like this one are quite frankly not paying attention

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-25-2021, 11:46 PM
I like the air raid. But, rival games are played late in the season. Cold and wet conditions. The ability to run the ball and be physical usually wins with the weather like that.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2021, 11:56 PM
Go back to WSU and Leach is now 1-9 against instate archrivals in the last 10 years. He coaches for his job next year in the Egg Bowl. If he doesn't, then somebody else needs to go.

So if we go 9-3 next year and Ole Miss is one of the 3, you'd put him on the hot seat?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2021, 11:59 PM
So if we go 9-3 next year and Ole Miss is one of the 3, you'd put him on the hot seat?
We ain?t going 9-3 next year.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 12:07 AM
We ain?t going 9-3 next year.

So no. Didn't think so.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 12:10 AM

9-3 ain't happening with our schedule next year. We'll be lucky to win 7.

BayouDawg
11-26-2021, 12:12 AM
Stupid post. Didn't want it?? We were a bad pas and 3 drops from being up 21-10 at half. . That's on the players. Not the coach. Internet take like this one are quite frankly not paying attention

Settle down Francis. Didnt want it may have been a little strong I will admit. Didnt make the winning plays. Is that better sally?

Bothrops
11-26-2021, 12:18 AM
I felt like we might lose, but tonight was not Leach's fault. Dropped balls and poor talent on defense were the culprits.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 12:20 AM
9-3 ain't happening with our schedule next year. We'll be lucky to win 7.

I didn't ask how many games we'll win next year. I asked if Leach should be fired if he goes 9-3 with a loss to Ole Miss, and obviously we all say no.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 12:31 AM
I didn't ask how many games we'll win next year. I asked if Leach should be fired if he goes 9-3 with a loss to Ole Miss, and obviously we all say no.

And I told you it ain't happening.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 12:40 AM
And I told you it ain't happening.

#DBAP and say yes if your answer really is yes, but obviously your answer is No.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 12:46 AM

Actually I would FIRE him. 0-3 vs Ole Miss is absolutely unacceptable. That game MATTERS personally to me, in a way the rest just don't. 1-11 sucks, but if the one is Ole Miss my everyday life would be better than if we went 11-1 with the one again being Ole Miss.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 12:49 AM
Actually I would FIRE him. 0-3 vs Ole Miss is absolutely unacceptable. That game MATTERS personally to me, in a way the rest just don't. 1-11 sucks, but if the one is Ole Miss my everyday life would be better than if we went 11-1 with the one again being Ole Miss.

Well ..

That's a take. A mind-numbingly stupid one, but props for putting yourself out there anyway.

I would rather have more wins than fewer wins, regardless of which column Ole Miss is in. If a genie could guarantee me 9-3 with an Egg Bowl loss for 2022, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2021, 12:56 AM
1-11 sucks, but if the one is Ole Miss my everyday life would be better than if we went 11-1 with the one again being Ole Miss.

I'm glad Mullen saying this resonated with you, but it's nuts.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2021, 12:58 AM

My wife is the exact same way. Only game that really matters to her. While Im pretty pissed about how weak our players seemed tonight and how our coach really doesn't give a shit, it helps that I live in Tennessee now. Nobody I see every cares at all. I don't live around any ole miss fans so my days are much brighter.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 01:09 AM

https://c.tenor.com/mZZoOtDcouoAAAAM/stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:12 AM

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

BeardoMSU
11-26-2021, 01:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_IZK-1naY&ab_channel=MacBarron

LC Dawg
11-26-2021, 01:13 AM
I don't give a **** about Leach's record against Washington but he needs to understand that 3 losses in a row to Ole Miss is completely unacceptable. I feel like Cohen and Keenan will communicate that appropriately.
And yes, I know we beat NC State, A&M, and Auburn this year.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 01:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_IZK-1naY&ab_channel=MacBarron

https://i.gifer.com/ZTdN.gif

BeardoMSU
11-26-2021, 01:16 AM

Lol, I say "peligroso es mi nombre medio" all the time because of that scene.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2021, 01:19 AM

And what's sad, is thinking 11-1 (with an OM loss) is somehow worse than going 1-11 (with an OM win) isn't "living dangerously"...it's "living ****ing stupid"....like chewing lead paint stupid...not to mention selfish as ****...

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 01:22 AM
And what's sad, is thinking 11-1 (with an OM loss) is somehow worse than going 1-11 (with an OM win) isn't "living dangerously"...it's "living ****ing stupid"....like chewing lead paint stupid...not to mention selfish as ****...

Yeah, leave it to Liverpool to actually share my hatred for Ole Miss, yet STILL make me call him an idiot for saying something like that.

MBDawg601
11-26-2021, 01:36 AM
It's hard to believe that some of you clowns are fans. We keep this mentality up, we will be the Vanderbilt of the west. It takes time to change an entire scheme of a team. You nut balls are mentioning a hot seat for his job after going 7-5 with multiple wins over top 25 teams and having the opportunity to finish 2nd in the west if we close out the egg bowl.

What the hell are you guys even talking about? Please come back to reality for just a split second.

This whole mentality in college football is loony. The thought of coaching carousels every season is getting old. Zero patience in fan bases anymore, for a program that does not have a rich history of winning we sure do bash our head coach into oblivion even after we have a much improved team. I am actually proud of our guys for the way they play and carry themselves. Build a culture and the wins will come, but hell you guys won't even let it get to that point. It has been a covid year and a regular season and you are already having doubts about a very successful and proven head coach.

Let's fire leach and hire who? Someone with 0 head coach experience? Some coordinator that has road the shirt tail of a successful hc hoping we find the next Kirby? We make that move and we are another 5 years from any type of success. This is the honest truth. We made a VERY good hire for a ball coach. If you can't see that, you are blinded by unreal expectations and one of the reasons the coaching carousel exists in the firstplace.

Rant over.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 01:47 AM
Well ..

That's a take. A mind-numbingly stupid one, but props for putting yourself out there anyway.

I would rather have more wins than fewer wins, regardless of which column Ole Miss is in. If a genie could guarantee me 9-3 with an Egg Bowl loss for 2022, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

It's just a fact of life where I live. Beating Ole Miss is the only REAL thing that matters year in year out in FOOTBALL. I obviously and absolutely want more, but I would NEVER EVER EVER take a 9-3 guarantee if Ole Miss was one of the 3. I often wonder where people who espouse that point of view live.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:48 AM
I?m not a big Leach guy, but I agree that for a school with our tradition, we can not afford to put Coaches out to the curb every 2 yrs. We have hitched our wagon to this horse and have to allow enough time for CML to either succeed or fail before starting over. Dropping Leach at this point would be crippling for our program.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 01:50 AM
It's just a fact of life where I live. Beating Ole Miss is the only REAL thing that matters year in year out in FOOTBALL. I obviously and absolutely want more, but I would NEVER EVER EVER take a 9-3 guarantee if Ole Miss was one of the 3. I often wonder where people who espouse that point of view live.

I've lived in the Jackson area my entire life, except when I was a student at MSU

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 01:56 AM
It's hard to believe that some of you clowns are fans. We keep this mentality up, we will be the Vanderbilt of the west. It takes time to change an entire scheme of a team. You nut balls are mentioning a hot seat for his job after going 7-5 with multiple wins over top 25 teams and having the opportunity to finish 2nd in the west if we close out the egg bowl.

What the hell are you guys even talking about? Please come back to reality for just a split second.

This whole mentality in college football is loony. The thought of coaching carousels every season is getting old. Zero patience in fan bases anymore, for a program that does not have a rich history of winning we sure do bash our head coach into oblivion even after we have a much improved team. I am actually proud of our guys for the way they play and carry themselves. Build a culture and the wins will come, but hell you guys won't even let it get to that point. It has been a covid year and a regular season and you are already having doubts about a very successful and proven head coach.

Let's fire leach and hire who? Someone with 0 head coach experience? Some coordinator that has road the shirt tail of a successful hc hoping we find the next Kirby? We make that move and we are another 5 years from any type of success. This is the honest truth. We made a VERY good hire for a ball coach. If you can't see that, you are blinded by unreal expectations and one of the reasons the coaching carousel exists in the firstplace.

Rant over.

Let's hire someone whose absolutely proven upside isn't known to be mediocre and has a TERRIBLE history against instate arch rivals. Some guy in another thread and possibly another board tried to say the arch rival thing wasn't really a thing because Leach was 9-0 against Baylor when he was a Texas Tech. I asked my wife, a Baylor GRAD, if Texas Tech was a rival of theirs. She actually was quite incredulous. She gave a little chuckle and said, "Tech, no."

MBDawg601
11-26-2021, 02:02 AM
Let's hire someone whose absolutely proven upside isn't known to be mediocre and has a TERRIBLE history against instate arch rivals. Some guy in another thread and possibly another board tried to say the arch rival thing wasn't really a thing because Leach was 9-0 against Baylor when he was a Texas Tech. I asked my wife, a Baylor GRAD, if Texas Tech was a rival of theirs. She actually was quite incredulous. She gave a little chuckle and said, "Tech, no."

Whenever LSU and UF strikeout on their hires this go round, maybe we as a fan base can take a step back. We seem to ignore what is going on throughout the country with recent coaching hires. Name one, outside of Kirby and Jimbo (if you can even count him as successful?) that has knocked it out of the park.

Edit: Lane has done a great job, but let's see him without a Heisman caliber qb before we start making judgments.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 02:04 AM
I've lived in the Jackson area my entire, except when I was a student at MSU

So you are cool with your life as a sports fan the next few weeks? I'm certainly not. Maybe you are an intensely private individual with few contacts outside your MSU circle. If that was me then I wouldn't be nearly as upset as I am. Possibly you have thick enough skin to be a referee on some level. I'm DO NOT. I am what I am. I still have nightmares about losing 3 of 4 both while I was at MSU AND at one of UMC's professional schools. Thats 6 out of 8. It's even worse back home in NE Mississippi.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 02:11 AM
Well ..

I wouldn't. To me in my life there are two football seasons, the other 11 games and the Egg Bowl. The Egg Bowl is THE season that actually matters. If we went 11-1 and won it all that would just extend my misery at the hands of smug entitled jackass Ole Miss fans that I live around. They are all nice people, except when it comes to FOOTBALL, and football ONLY.

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 02:15 AM

Your wife probably knows less about football than you do ... If that's possible. (I don't think it is really.)

Main rival at TT was TAM and TT also hated Texas. Baylor was a nobody to them. Was 7-3 against Aggies and beat #1 Texas when they were competing for Nattys.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:38 AM
Your wife probably knows less about football than you do ... If that's possible. (I don't think it is really.)

Main rival at TT was TAM and TT also hated Texas. Baylor was a nobody to them. Was 7-3 against Aggies and beat #1 Texas when they were competing for Nattys.

And lost to OM in the Cotton Bowl. 😑

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 03:15 AM

YEP, That's what she said, lol. Now if you ask A&M or Texas if they consider TT an arch rival they would laugh at you . WSU isn't UW's main rival either, and that is well known. Now with what we have with UM, UM tries like hell to say we aren't theirs. EVERY SINGLE THING THEY DO says otherwise. Nobody outside of their fanbase gives that the time of day. Most of their fanbase doesn't try to hide it either.

Liverpooldawg
11-26-2021, 03:17 AM
And lost to OM in the Cotton Bowl. ��

Yep. Some of y'all need to get beyond they eye candy (to you) of the air raid and see if you can actually find a solid meal.

Dawgface
11-26-2021, 07:51 AM
I?ll fall short of didn?t want. Definitely didn?t execute in pirate lingo.

He wins next year or he can haul ass. Rivalry games mean something here.

Agree. I like the way we were trending but losing to these bastards sucks the air out of the balloon.

smootness
11-26-2021, 08:19 AM

Leach is 'known to be mediocre'? Please. Get out of here.

Also funny to me that to you, the solution for all of this isn't to figure out how to take sports ribbing less personally and enjoy yourself more...it's for the football coach to win a game so your life is better.

MrCoachKlein
11-26-2021, 09:06 AM

1 small difference being Washington to wazzu talent gap is about the same as ours to bama, but I doubt you care.

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2021, 09:42 AM

Exactly. He is 0-1. Last year was bullshit.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 09:46 AM
1 small difference being Washington to wazzu talent gap is about the same as ours to bama

Oregon had higher rated recruiting classes than Washington every year of Leach's time in the PAC12. Leach was 4-5 v Oregon. Washington just had WSU/Leach's number. So far......OM/Kiffin does too.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 10:14 AM
Oregon had higher rated recruiting classes than Washington every year of Leach's time in the PAC12. Leach was 4-5 v Oregon. Washington just had WSU/Leach's number. So far......OM/Kiffin does too.

Oregon did not have Chris Petersen as coach, they had morons like Willie Taggert. Oregon did not have the power run game offense, or the NFL talent on the D line UW did, nor the secondary. You know not what you speak.

msstate7
11-26-2021, 10:24 AM
Oregon did not have Chris Petersen as coach, they had morons like Willie Taggert. Oregon did not have the power run game offense, or the NFL talent on the D line UW did, nor the secondary. You know not what you speak.

Thought we hired leach bc he could compete against teams with a major talent advantage

basedog
11-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Thought we hired leach bc he could compete against teams with a major talent advantage

The Pirate's history says he wins games he isn't supposed to and loses games he should win. So, if this holds true, we will see lots of seasons with 6-8 wins.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 10:28 AM

I’m not sure what you are arguing. You think leach is not the right guy because UW had a major talent advantage over WSU for many years ?

Dawgology
11-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Yeah we are trending up, we have fans that say so even if we lose. 7-5 is now the goal.

That kind of logic making decisions at MSU is why we will never win. Probably why it took so long in baseball too.

No. But 7-8 wins is the realistic next step when installing a completely new system. We went from the most anemic offense in college football to one of the most prolific this year. If you can?t see that your just willfully blind and emotionally unstable. We did all of that with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Next year we need to take another step (which is a FLOOR of 7 wins and a win over Ole Miss or 9 wins). You build a program. I know it hurts some of y?all?s delicate feelings that Ole Miss is good this year but they have a very good senior QB and upperclassman team and their offense isn?t that different from what they have run for the past 4 years.

Settle the **** down.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2021, 10:35 AM
If 6 to 8 wins with some head scratching losses are your thing, you'll love Leach. If you want to do more, well, you're out of luck. Leach is the least committed coach to growing a program. And maybe I should throw that on the AD really. It's all about his offense and nothing else. He doesn't want more staff or an IPF. He just wants to keep it all simple. Not a fan of that. We need vision in our athletic dept in a bad way.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 10:36 AM
No. But 7-8 wins is the realistic next step when installing a completely new system. We went from the most anemic offense in college football to one of the most prolific this year. If you can?t see that your just willfully blind and emotionally unstable. We did all of that with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Next year we need to take another step (which is a FLOOR of 7 wins and a win over Ole Miss or 9 wins). You build a program. I know it hurts some of y?all?s delicate feelings that Ole Miss is good this year but they have a very good senior QB and upperclassman team and their offense isn?t that different from what they have run for the past 4 years.

Settle the **** down.

We had 6 points going into the 4th Quarter in a rivalry game At Home. Our offense is something, but prolific isn't the word that comes to mind.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 10:38 AM
If 6 to 8 wins with some head scratching losses are your thing, you'll love Leach. If you want to do more, well, you're out of luck. Leach is the least committed coach to growing a program. And maybe I should throw that on the AD really. It's all about his offense and nothing else. He doesn't want more staff or an IPF. He just wants to keep it all simple. Not a fan of that. We need vision in our athletic dept in a bad way.

I agree. Leach is the type of guy that can satisfy a huge portion of the fan base by winning 6-8 games and upsetting someone every year.....and then you look up in 5-7 years and your bowl streak is still going but you are further away from the elite teams than you've been in 2 decades.

msstate7
11-26-2021, 10:43 AM

I'm fine with this actually with an occasional 9-10 win season. Things are only gonna get tougher in the sec next year

basedog
11-26-2021, 10:45 AM
I agree. Leach is the type of guy that can satisfy a huge portion of the fan base by winning 6-8 games and upsetting someone every year.....and then you look up in 5-7 years and your bowl streak is still going but you are further away from the elite teams than you've been in 2 decades.

I agree, I'm afraid in the big picture we will be in the that 5-8 winning seasons. Not sure he can do what Kiffin did this past year which was the first time in their history winning 10 regular season games.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 10:48 AM

Where did he ever do that in his career ? Are you basing that on a Covid year last year and then this year ?

Why would our trajectory not go up as most of our players at q b , rub, wr, cb are first year players-last year was limited in practice and was a zoom camera year.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 10:53 AM
Where did he ever do that in his career ? Are you basing that on a Covid year last year and then this year ?

Why would our trajectory not go up as most of our players at q b , rub, wr, cb are first year players-last year was limited in practice and was a zoom camera year.

Mississippi State is not a job that has never had success, like Tech and Wazzu were. We have experienced some big years pre-Leach, so taking us to 6-8 wins is not "Improvement", it should be the floor

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 10:58 AM
Who said 6-8 wins is an improvement ? I asked what you are basing a downward trajectory of the program in the future on ?

Given we are a young team, Leachs track record and the incoming talent....I’m not seeing the downward spiral

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 10:58 AM

Leach has never had a 5-7 year, and he's never had any losing season outside of the start of a tough rebuild.

I'm very confident that Leach and Rogers will win ... 25 games over the next 3 years if he stays healthy and starts through 2024, and hopefully more. Are you?

BeardoMSU
11-26-2021, 10:59 AM
Given we are a young team

Are we though? We're losing a bunch of really important pieces this year, are we not?

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 11:01 AM
Are we though? We're losing a bunch of really important pieces this year, are we not?

Who are we losing other than Lashley and Ruiz?

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 11:02 AM
Leach has never had a 5-7 year, and he's never had any losing season outside of the start of a tough rebuild.

I'm very confident that Leach and Rogers will win ... 25 games over the next 3 years if he stays healthy and starts through 2024, and hopefully more. Are you?

No. That's over 8 games a season. So no, I'm not. But I'd love to be wrong.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2021, 11:03 AM
Who are we losing other than Lashley and Ruiz?

Charles Cross?? A top 10 pick. How we glossing over him?

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-26-2021, 11:04 AM
I?m fine with 6-8 wins with a shot at 9-10 every 4 years with a senior laden team and QB. As a realist, that?s what we should have

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 11:06 AM
Yes we are very young. IMO much of what happened last night is a young team heard footsteps, they pooped their pants on the big stage.

Last year was what ? Zoom meetings ? We are still a year away as far as maturity and veteran leadership.

Ole miss defense is mostly seniors. No q b in the country presents the problems Corrall does. Hell yes he is a difference maker, and no a portal q b isn’t going to replace him.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 11:15 AM
Charles Cross?? A top 10 pick. How we glossing over him?

This might be the best OL that Will plays behind. Cross will be hard to replace. Have to replace Lashley, too. I know y?all aren?t big on him, but he was a 4 star player with experience. Our splits aren?t the easiest thing to implement.
Our WR Corp put up big numbers. Big enough for decent draft attention. We will have to see how this shakes out.
We are young is an excuse that can pop up every year. Next year, will it be We are young on the OL? We have a young QB that is playing the system well because he played it in HS. He?s already performing at an advanced level in AirRaid. We have to figure out a good way to protect him, because if we can?t, get ready for a bad time.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 11:19 AM
No. That's over 8 games a season. So no, I'm not. But I'd love to be wrong.

If Rogers can go 7-5 (hopefully 8-5, but we'll see) as a freshman with a more difficult OOC than he'll see again, he can probably do a little better with more development.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 11:23 AM
Part of the transition of a roster to an air raid is bringing in tall , long armed heavy pass blockers. The OL leach inherited is not well suited for that. He did well with developing o lineman at both tech and WSU. Facing sec d lines doesn’t give you much time to make the transition.

Lashley will be addition by subtraction IMO.

MBDawg601
11-26-2021, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure how Dan corrupted our fan base into unreal expectations, but he did.

Ever since 14' we feel like we should have arrived. We are a top 25 program. We recruit in that range. Finishing any higher is a season over achieved. We have had 3 different coaches in the past 6 years and feel like we should be winning 9-10 games in year 2. Sure, Lane did it. With a team packed with talent and a Heisman candidate qb, but they didn't do it convincingly and had close games that fell their way. We had close games that did not go our way. It's football, but this perception that we are struggling and need to discuss change is ridiculous. We over achieved this year, whether you want to admit it or not.

Instead of being optimistic about next year and excited about our progress we want to talk shit about our team and create false narratives that Leach doesn't care about rivalries. This entire year has been nothing but wishy washy, toxic fans on this board. Read some of the game threads. It is comical how fast some of you are quick to write Leach and this team off.

My question is, how did we get to this point? Why would you expect to win 9-10 games in year 1.5, playing in the TOUGHEST division in all of college football? How is that realistic expectations? If this is year 4-5. I could agree, we should expect more consistency and higher ceilings.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 11:26 AM

Taggart was HC for Oregon for only one of those loses (WSU wins) and Oregon was 7-6 that year. That same year UW was 9-4. So wasn't like Leach was playing the Seahawks. Also, for another two seasons in which WSU had wins over Oregon. Oregon had the same record as UW those particular years.

Also, Leach was 2-2 v USC in years that he was 0-4 vs UW.

Saltydog
11-26-2021, 11:28 AM
You're losing 3 on the OL. Sharp, Lashley and Cross (HUGE loss). We could very well be worse next year offensively with those losses. It's a distinct possibility.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 11:29 AM
Taggart was HC for Oregon for only one of those loses (WSU wins) and Oregon was 7-6 that year. That same year UW was 9-4. So wasn't like Leach was playing the Seahawks. Also, for another two seasons in which WSU had wins over Oregon. Oregon had the same record as UW those particular years.

Also, Leach was 2-2 v USC in years that he was 0-4 vs UW.

Oregon never had good coaching while leach was at WSU. That is the point. I’m not looking up Wikipedia stats, I don’t need to, I watched every game.

Dawgology
11-26-2021, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure how Dan corrupted our fan base into unreal expectations, but he did.

Ever since 14' we feel like we should have arrived. We are a top 25 program. We recruit in that range. Finishing any higher is a season over achieved. We have had 3 different coaches in the past 6 years and feel like we should be winning 9-10 games in year 2. Sure, Lane did it. With a team packed with talent and a Heisman candidate qb, but they didn't do it convincingly and had close games that fell their way. We had close games that did not go our way. It's football, but this perception that we are struggling and need to discuss change is ridiculous. We over achieved this year, whether you want to admit it or not.

Instead of being optimistic about next year and excited about our progress we want to talk shit about our team and create false narratives that Leach doesn't care about rivalries. This entire year has been nothing but wishy washy, toxic fans on this board. Read some of the game threads. It is comical how fast some of you are quick to write Leach and this team off.

My question is, how did we get to this point? Why would you expect to win 9-10 games in year 1.5, playing in the TOUGHEST division in all of college football? How is that realistic expectations? If this is year 4-5. I could agree, we should expect more consistency and higher ceilings.

This exactly. Well put! If someone can?t see a year 0 to year 1 improvement this year they are just being unreasonable.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 11:39 AM
You're losing 3 on the OL. Sharp, Lashley and Cross (HUGE loss). We could very well be worse next year offensively with those losses. It's a distinct possibility.

This can not be understated. Agree 100%
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 11:40 AM

Good post

Really to make a good comparison to the sec west is when leach was in the old big 12 south. I believe it was UT, OU, TAMU and OSU.....which was for several years the toughest division in college football IMO....back when OU and UT were really good.

Despite tech being the little brother in that division, they were in the thick of it every year.

He will have State very competitive in the sec west if he?s given time.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 11:43 AM
This exactly. Well put! If someone can?t see a year 0 to year 1 improvement this year they are just being unreasonable.

This is explainable. When you take a program that is winning- albeit not winning big- and tear it down, you may likely perform at a lesser level than what they have become accustomed to. When this occurs, getting back to said level of previous performance doesn?t really feel like improvement.

Dawgology
11-26-2021, 11:48 AM
We had 6 points going into the 4th Quarter in a rivalry game At Home. Our offense is something, but prolific isn't the word that comes to mind.

And multiple MULTIPLE dropped passes for td?s. Wide ass open no coverage passes dropped. 14 points worth in fact. What?s the final score then? Dropped by a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Many playing in their first live crowd rivalry game ever in their first real season of college football ever.

Dawgology
11-26-2021, 11:52 AM
And the no improvement crowd? Come on!

3 regular season wins to 7 regular season wins with some ****ed up refs keeping us from 9 wins in the regular season.
2020: mid 90’s on overall offense. 2021: #23
2020: #20 is passing offense. 2021: #3

Again, some of you are missing the forest for the trees here. Ole Miss beating us and being good this year makes it suck but it is what it is. Our time is coming and it’s something that will be sustainable success.

With that said I EXPECT further improvement next year. If we get to the end of 2022 with 6-7 wins and a loss to Ole Miss again then we start looking to make a change.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 11:52 AM
And multiple MULTIPLE dropped passes for td?s. Wide ass open no coverage passes dropped. 14 points worth in fact. What?s the final score then? Dropped by a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Many playing in their first live crowd rivalry game ever in their first real season of college football ever.

Plus two missed field goals , one a chip shot.

It’s been a hard luck year, but anybody who can’t see the potential and the 8mprovement has blinders on.

I think the power run game fans, and they were at tech and WSU too...will take another year or two to get won over.

You have to see the air raid as an equalizer for less talented teams to beat more talented teams.....that’s what it is. Power run game is man on man talent on talent and State is never going to beat Alabama and LSU with talent. They have and will,slay some giants with the air raid though.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2021, 11:53 AM
Oregon never had good coaching while leach was at WSU. That is the point. I’m not looking up Wikipedia stats, I don’t need to, I watched every game.

The point of this thread was...Leach v Rivals. People try to explain it away as the Apple Cup is the Seatle Seahawks v the SLU muddogs. The explanation is little brother syndrome was in affect for years in the Apple Cup and again last night.

ImissCityBagel
11-26-2021, 12:50 PM
The people with money and influence care a lot about the egg bowl. If he goes 0-3, he's gone.

Dawgology
11-26-2021, 01:04 PM
The people with money and influence care a lot about the egg bowl. If he goes 0-3, he's gone.

Unless it’s an 11-1 season.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 01:05 PM
The point of this thread was...Leach v Rivals. People try to explain it away as the Apple Cup is the Seatle Seahawks v the SLU muddogs. The explanation is little brother syndrome was in affect for years in the Apple Cup and again last night.
Not sure what you are getting at. UW did have a huge talent advantage over WSU for many years. Chris Petersen was a very good coach. The UW dl and secondary had a lot of nfl talent. That’s the truth.

Ironically, Jimmy lake was a disastrous hire and UW is circling the drain thanks to their AD Jen Cohen. WSU is mediocre but has enough leach players they are still decent without a head coach. They will beat UW tonight and a lot of mouth breather morons will say “look we beat our rival cuz leach isn’t here and he couldn’t win it”. Lol

Quaoarsking
11-26-2021, 01:06 PM

Wrong. It would depend on how good we are in the rest of the season, and how good Ole Miss is next year.

(And it's still unlikely that he's fired even if we and Ole Miss are both bad next year. We'd have to have 3 or 4 wins at the most for it to even be in the discussion, and it's still pretty likely he'd get a Year 4.)

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 01:17 PM

How close have we been to the elite teams in last 2 decades? Very far from the elites for most part. 2014 and 2018 were our only shots. The problem is if we were to get another coach that produced 2014 & 2017 they would be bolting for greener pastures just like Mullen did. And assistants are the same way too ... just look at 2019 when Saban came in and stole 2 of JoMo's top assistants. Leach's staff (with exception of Arnett) been with him a long time and staff continuity matters.

We're historically a 6 to 8 win team. Everyone throwing out 10 wins ... we've only done that like 3 times in our whole history. The question is ... how do you get there?

Mullen was 6 to 8 and won most all the games he was supposed to with a very rare South Alabama but quite a few close calls against similar teams. But he almost never had a win over a ranked opponent. And he was always shopping during his good years to go somewhere else and losing to OM in those years.

Jackie was mostly 7 to 8 win team (11 game seasons) most years during his heyday (excluding last 3 very bad years). He did same as Leach tho ... upset some very good team's then lay an egg next week in game we should easily win. He wasn't always shopping to go somewhere else tho.

I think Leach will be more of a Jackie type coach in wins/losses and be here till he retires more than likely. We can certainly go get a coach that gets us to Mullen level (and also RTDFB) while shopping themselves around all the time (and their staff doing same thing). But then we're turning over coaches and/or assistants every time we get to a couple of 9 or 10 win season.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:36 PM
How close have we been to the elite teams in last 2 decades? Very far from the elites for most part. 2014 and 2018 were our only shots. The problem is if we were to get another coach that produced 2014 & 2017 they would be bolting for greener pastures just like Mullen did. And assistants are the same way too ... just look at 2019 when Saban came in and stole 2 of JoMo's top assistants. Leach's staff (with exception of Arnett) been with him a long time and staff continuity matters.

We're historically a 6 to 8 win team. Everyone throwing out 10 wins ... we've only done that like 3 times in our whole history. The question is ... how do you get there?

Mullen was 6 to 8 and won most all the games he was supposed to with a very rare South Alabama but quite a few close calls against similar teams. But he almost never had a win over a ranked opponent. And he was always shopping during his good years to go somewhere else and losing to OM in those years.

Jackie was mostly 7 to 8 win team (11 game seasons) most years during his heyday (excluding last 3 very bad years). He did same as Leach tho ... upset some very good team's then lay an egg next week in game we should easily win. He wasn't always shopping to go somewhere else tho.

I think Leach will be more of a Jackie type coach in wins/losses and be here till he retires more than likely. We can certainly go get a coach that gets us to Mullen level (and also RTDFB) while shopping themselves around all the time (and their staff doing same thing). But then we're turning over coaches and/or assistants every time we get to a couple of 9 or 10 win season.

So, date the ugly chic because you know no one else wants her?😵*💫😵

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 01:45 PM
The question is, when you get a coach that can win 9-10 games, does he leave for a blue blood. Leach will not leave till he retires IMO. You have to have continuity if you are going to build a winning,program. I would say Leach will hit his stride in years 3 through 5.

Let’s see his freshman as seniors, his players who were recruited for his system. I’ve seen this play out before.

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 01:45 PM
So, date the ugly chic because you know no one else wants her?��*����

1st ... that's kinda reality.
2nd ... I'm not sure Leach is the "ugly chick" yet myself.
3rd ... looking across the landscape I don't see a Dabo Swinney that is available to come here.

And that's what we need is a Dabo Swinney that wants to come, build something, and stay. But Clemson stuck with him for 5 or so pretty turbulent years when he had some down times to get to where they are now. Our fan base thinks we should win 8 to 10 with a brand new coach and if he ain't doing 9 or 10 by his 3rd year he should be fired. And they also think our true Fr and Sophs should play like Bama true Fr and Sophs. Where TF all that comes from I dunno.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 01:51 PM
The question is, when you get a coach that can win 9-10 games, does he leave for a blue blood. Leach will not leave till he retires IMO. You have to have continuity if you are going to build a winning,program. I would say Leach will hit his stride in years 3 through 5.

Let’s see his freshman as seniors, his players who were recruited for his system. I’ve seen this play out before.

I do think he will probably be here for a while, but as unique as his AirRaid is, where does that put us when he does leave/retire?
Also, unless we can get an OL up to speed- we are losing a lot this year- we might be worse next year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 01:56 PM
I do think he will probably be here for a while, but as unique as his AirRaid is, where does that put us when he does leave/retire?
Also, unless we can get an OL up to speed- we are losing a lot this year- we might be worse next year.

Both good points. When you have a successful air raid system in place, the smartest thing to do IMO is bring in a leach disciple or air raid OC like Graham Harrell 7-10 years down the road and pair him with a good DC. If you’ve got the system and it’s rolling and the recruits are coming, it would be a mistake to start over with a run based team and have a two year rebuild.

Yes the O line could severely hamper the offense next year. The O,line has an even tougher job because Will can’t avoid a sack IMO. It is what it is. I’m sure the coaching staff is keenly aware of this.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:02 PM
😂
Watch out bringing up Graham Harrell. I did so not too long ago and severely pissed off lots of Dawgs.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 02:13 PM
��
Watch out bringing up Graham Harrell. I did so not too long ago and severely pissed off lots of Dawgs.

Lol why did they get pissed about Harrell ?

You also have to be damm careful what you say about will Rogers. I like will but I can see the talent we’ve recruited behind him. You have to understand how good some of these Texas air raid q bs are. Like a duck to water. I guarantee Locke and Robertson if he has enough time away from baseball would wow you with what they can do.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:25 PM
I told them that Will will be our Graham Harrell and you?d have thought that I spooned fed someone?s grandma horse 💩.
I don?t think many actually remember GH.

WhiskeyPirate
11-26-2021, 02:30 PM
Well GH was a great air raid q b , coachs son and will probably be a good offensive coach.

He was more athletic than will, could avoid the rush and had a better arm. Leachs q bs get called system q b s and other than Minshew haven’t really done well in the nfl. He did recruit the mobile q b at WSU Delaura from Hawaii. GH did have adequate arm strength for college but not the nfl.

Dak Holliday
11-26-2021, 02:32 PM
Exactly. I thought it was very spot on.