PDA

View Full Version : Win. Lose. Or draw.

Dawgology
11-25-2021, 11:43 AM
No matter what happens tonight I am extremely proud of what this team has become. Time and again they have had the opportunity to give up and they have not. That is a testament to coaching and the mental and physical fortitude of our athletes. These guys are on the cusp of something really special I think and Mike Leach and his players have me excited about the future of the football program.

Hail State!

Catfish
11-25-2021, 11:45 AM
Totally agree!

Commercecomet24
11-25-2021, 11:56 AM
Yep great post!

Travelingdawg
11-25-2021, 11:57 AM
Hear Hear

TrapGame
11-25-2021, 11:59 AM
I concur 100%.

99jc
11-25-2021, 12:00 PM
i totally am in. i do think the bears win tonight though.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-25-2021, 12:17 PM
We are improving and should be ready to roll next year. But we are favored against a top 10 team tonight! Let?s make their ass quit tonight!

Cooterpoot
11-25-2021, 12:24 PM
Lose tonight and it's just another season. Just how it works. 7-5 with losses to OM, Memphis, and Arkansas would be shameful.
Next year might be great, but this year would suck balls!

msstate7
11-25-2021, 12:27 PM
Lose tonight and it's just another season. Just how it works. 7-5 with losses to OM, Memphis, and Arkansas would be shameful.

I don't agree. 7-5 is a good season... we've made tremendous progress

KOdawg1
11-25-2021, 12:31 PM
I predicted 7-5 before the season, so I won't be too upset, but a win tonight gives us an extra boost of momentum that we need. 8 wins, a strong finish in recruiting, and most of our starters returning next year, while OM loses almost all of their's would be absolutely huge moving into next year.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2021, 12:31 PM
I don't agree. 7-5 is a good season... we've made tremendous progress

Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season. If AL makes the playoffs and OM gets sugar, we'll, even worse. 8 wins and a win over OM is big.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2021, 12:34 PM
We are a good team who is very tough to play against. We have been screwed out of two wins, but win or lose we are a good team and Leach has this program right on schedule.

JMO but nobody wants to play us right now.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 12:35 PM
Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season.

We were on the cusp of collapse and looking down the barrel at 4 wins. To have a chance to win 8 games is a tremendous accomplishment.

MCsMGs
11-25-2021, 01:11 PM
Well said! (to the OP)

preachermatt83
11-25-2021, 02:04 PM
Great post!! Agreed.

OLJWales
11-25-2021, 02:08 PM

An inconvenient truth unfortunately. We just gotta win today. Got to. Leach did horrible vs Washington but I believe he had a much harder row to hoe up there. He doesn't need to kickstart with back to back egg bowl losses.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-25-2021, 02:30 PM
Before the Aggie game, I thought it would be a miracle to get to 6.

Bothrops
11-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Lose tonight and Leach will be 0-2 to the sharks. Yikes

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 04:22 PM
Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season. If AL makes the playoffs and OM gets sugar, we'll, even worse. 8 wins and a win over OM is big.

Totally agree. We've improved but lose tonight and 7-5 season. Even Moorhead won 8. As a program just a blah year. Win egg bowl and we can build some momentum.

Mullen averaged like 7.5-8 wins a year over 9 years. Going 7-5 is the floor now IMO. To progress as a program got to take a next step. Easy wins against Memphis, LSU and Ark would have been a big step this year.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 04:35 PM
Lose tonight and Leach will be 0-2 to the sharks. Yikes

Well, JoMo was 2-0 vs them and I'm glad he's gone. It's not the end-all, be-all. If we lose to them tonight we may wind up winning the next 4 in a row. Who knows? Like the other thread said, this isn't a UW vs WSU scenario... that will be closer to MSU vs Bama with Leach; where much superior talent negates the air raid.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 04:43 PM
Well, JoMo was 2-0 vs them and I'm glad he's gone. It's not the end-all, be-all. If we lose to them tonight we may wind up winning the next 4 in a row. Who knows? Like the other thread said, this isn't a UW vs WSU scenario... that will be closer to MSU vs Bama with Leach; where much superior talent negates the air raid.

It ain't the be all end all but 0-2 ain't a good start. We ain't never went 4-0, only 3-0 once Mullen first three years. We couldn't even do with OM on probation and in the tank.

If we had won Memphis, LSU and Ark then losing this game not as big a deal except bowl implications.

No one game makes a program or team but this one game matters. I guess good to get the excuses in early.

I think we should win. We are the better team. At home, no excuses.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 05:06 PM
It ain't the be all end all but 0-2 ain't a good start. We ain't never went 4-0, only 3-0 once Mullen first three years. We couldn't even do with OM on probation and in the tank.

If we had won Memphis, LSU and Ark then losing this game not as big a deal except bowl implications.

No one game makes a program or team but this one game matters. I guess good to get the excuses in early.

I think we should win. We are the better team. At home, no excuses.

I'm not making excuses. I'm just not a negative ass like you all the time. It's been wonderful not to see all your negative post for the last month or so, must've been misery for you. And yeah we should have beaten Memphis and Arkansas, in fact Arkansas was beaten until the refs made a bullshit pass interference call after we stopped them on 4th down, at their house. We could've easily won those two and lost to Auburn and A & M and still be in the same situation. So if the refs happen to 17 us tonight, get all your pissing and moaning, about how we suck and the airbone won't work, ready. It'll be a miserable Thanksgiving for you either way.

Catfish
11-25-2021, 05:12 PM
I'm not making excuses. I'm just not a negative ass like you all the time. It's been wonderful not to see all your negative post for the last month or so, must've been misery for you. And yeah we should have beaten Memphis and Arkansas, in fact Arkansas was beaten until the refs made a bullshit pass interference call after we stopped them on 4th down, at their house. We could've easily won those two and lost to Auburn and A & M and still be in the same situation. So if the refs happen to 17 us tonight, get all your pissing and moaning, about how we suck and the airbone won't work, ready. It'll be a miserable Thanksgiving for you either way.

Perfect!

Cooterpoot
11-25-2021, 05:12 PM
You guys can say what you want. If we go 11-1 and that one is OM, the season is still tarnished at least a little. In '14, that loss was a damn killer the best season we've ever had. This mother17er matters! Anyone saying otherwise is a damn liar.

Percho
11-25-2021, 05:47 PM
i totally am in. i do think the bears win tonight though.

Why do you think that? I think they are better at running back but if we stop the run I think we will win.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 05:51 PM
You guys can say what you want. If we go 11-1 and that one is OM, the season is still tarnished at least a little. In '14, that loss was a damn killer the best season we've ever had. This mother17er matters! Anyone saying otherwise is a damn liar.

Of course the game is important! Because I never want to those 17ers in anything!! But anyone saying a loss to them makes '21 an unsuccessful season, is foolish... or obsessed TSUN. Again, when we were staring at a 4-5 win season a month ago, you and quite a few others were ready to throw the Pirate and his antiquated airbone to the curb. Now we have a chance for 8 wins. We beat Memphis by 40 if we play them now. We aren't the same team

OLJWales
11-25-2021, 05:53 PM

Sometimes I wish this wasnt the case but it is what it is.

99jc
11-25-2021, 05:59 PM
Why do you think that? I think they are better at running back but if we stop the run I think we will win.

Matt C is due for a big game running and passing. that's how i see it playing out. i hate it though.

bulldawg28
11-25-2021, 06:03 PM

Yep. I tell people we've been the most consistent inconsistent team I've seen. We pull this off and we've turned that corner.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 06:47 PM

Just calling it like it is. You guys are such pansies. Its rainbows and unicorns will yall all the time. Make a critical observation about our team and yall have a melt down.

I've supported MSU for 50+ years good and bad and I call it like it is.

What did I post that wasn't a fact? Weak people can't handle truth.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 06:49 PM
Yep. I tell people we've been the most consistent inconsistent team I've seen. We pull this off and we've turned that corner.

From a micro standpoint we have been inconsistent but from a macro view we've been very good as a program for 12 years.

Not sure what turn the corner means we've beaten OM before and we've won 8 games before. Up and down but we are a solid team. Need to build some momentum.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Matt C is due for a big game running and passing. that's how i see it playing out. i hate it though.

Their offense is a simple RPO, I am curious to see what Arnett does with the 3-3-5 to take something away from them. I think they are definitely going to try to run on us.

Conversely, I think we can run on them pretty good-which should open up the passing game.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 06:54 PM
Of course the game is important! Because I never want to those 17ers in anything!! But anyone saying a loss to them makes '21 an unsuccessful season, is foolish... or obsessed TSUN. Again, when we were staring at a 4-5 win season a month ago, you and quite a few others were ready to throw the Pirate and his antiquated airbone to the curb. Now we have a chance for 8 wins. We beat Memphis by 40 if we play them now. We aren't the same team

You need to learn how to read. No one said it wasn't a good season but great season, not.

We had our chance to beat Memphis and didn't. I guess it is that time of year, ifs and butts where candy and nuts. You can play that game all day. We play Aub earlier in year that game is a loss. So what.

As far as throwing the Pirate under the bus, folks were just calling it like it was for the first 1.5 years. Even though I was critical of results, I said I'd give him 2 years to show progress and we have. We finally learned how to us the RB and it turned everything around. Just like many were saying.

Quit wearing your feelings on your sleeves. Grow up.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 07:37 PM
You need to learn how to read. No one said it wasn't a good season but great season, not.

We had our chance to beat Memphis and didn't. I guess it is that time of year, ifs and butts where candy and nuts. You can play that game all day. We play Aub earlier in year that game is a loss. So what.

As far as throwing the Pirate under the bus, folks were just calling it like it was for the first 1.5 years. Even though I was critical of results, I said I'd give him 2 years to show progress and we have. We finally learned how to us the RB and it turned everything around. Just like many were saying.

Quit wearing your feelings on your sleeves. Grow up.

No one speaking to you dip shit. Speak when I address you, you typical fair weather "truth telling" fan. Lolz.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 07:56 PM
No one speaking to you dip shit. Speak when I address you, you typical fair weather "truth telling" fan. Lolz.

You spoke directly to me. Do you just like making stuff up? I don't live in your fairy tale world.

You can't handle the truth. You lose.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-25-2021, 09:43 PM
Looks like we have quit.

Dawgface
11-25-2021, 10:23 PM
What good feelings I had about this team have been sucked down the toilet in this game. Pitiful showing.

bulldawg28
11-25-2021, 10:25 PM
From a micro standpoint we have been inconsistent but from a macro view we've been very good as a program for 12 years.

Not sure what turn the corner means we've beaten OM before and we've won 8 games before. Up and down but we are a solid team. Need to build some momentum.

What does 12 years have anything to do with Leach and his tenure? The team is still inconsistent under Leach.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2021, 10:56 PM
I hope you guys like stuff like this. It's win some games bs ranked teams and lose vs average teams with head scratching efforts. That's the ceiling with this in this conference.

dawgday166
11-25-2021, 11:15 PM
I hope you guys like stuff like this. It's win some games bs ranked teams and lose vs average teams with head scratching efforts. That's the ceiling with this in this conference.

We didn't get hardly any wins against any ranked teams with Mullen. And his best 2 teams in '14 and '15 with Dak got smoked by OM. Went into 14 game 10-1 and OM was the walking wounded. Went into 15 game 9-2. And also his 3rd best team in '17. What is astounding to me is a few posters would take his sorry ass back tomorrow.

I don't like losing this game either and we played like shit. I am very tired of Lashley's pitiful, bone-headed play. All of the team was too uptight IMO. Didn't play loose. Rain didn't help either but you gotta play in it and win in it Leach did get out coached IMO. We'll see what happens next year, but some of our posters are literally praying Leach will fail and rejoicing when there is any kinda setback.

R2Dawg
11-25-2021, 11:20 PM
What does 12 years have anything to do with Leach and his tenure? The team is still inconsistent under Leach.

Agree, my micro and macro view of the program. Macro view we have been consistent thru 3 coaches. Micro not so much.

redstickdawg
11-25-2021, 11:21 PM
What good feelings I had about this team have been sucked down the toilet in this game. Pitiful showing.

yep, there's a total lack of leadership on the field and sideline and it really showed tonight. It has also been exposed when we have played a well coached and prepared team.

dawgday166
11-26-2021, 12:12 AM

And to add to my previous post a little. What you just described is also MSU Jackie Sherrill. Pissed me off all the time but we did win the West one year. Kinda backed into it tho.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2021, 12:17 AM
Ole Miss is most likely going to its second Sugar Bowl in six years. Our AD and a good many of our fans are satisfied with mediocrity, as long as we are good in baseball. We will never make it to the Sugar Bowl with Cohen as AD.