PDA

View Full Version : Happy thanksgiving

Dak Holliday
11-25-2021, 08:50 AM
In a year where we have fought diligently to return to normal in the midst of the strangest stretch of our lives, I find myself thankful. I am thankful for small things. Things once taken for granted. Things like church, school, and getting to eat out at restaurants. Things like getting to go to ballgames. I am reminded daily of the blessings I have in my life.
They say that comparison is a thief of joy. Maybe this is true, but if it is true, then perhaps perspective restores thanksgiving. It?s hard to feel thankful for flat tires, until you think about the fact that perhaps the 30 minutes you were stopped kept you out of the way of a drunk driver or a guy texting.
I want to thank all of you. This is fun. I thoroughly enjoy all of it, even the crazier posters. Have a safe and happy thanksgiving.

Dak Holliday

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thes 5:18

basedog
11-25-2021, 08:56 AM
Happy Turkey Day to you and ALL ED posters!

SaintDawg
11-25-2021, 09:34 AM
Happy Day you turkeys!��

State82
11-25-2021, 09:39 AM
In a year where we have fought diligently to return to normal in the midst of the strangest stretch of our lives, I find myself thankful. I am thankful for small things. Things once taken for granted. Things like church, school, and getting to eat out at restaurants. Things like getting to go to ballgames. I am reminded daily of the blessings I have in my life.
They say that comparison is a thief of joy. Maybe this is true, but if it is true, then perhaps perspective restores thanksgiving. It?s hard to feel thankful for flat tires, until you think about the fact that perhaps the 30 minutes you were stopped kept you out of the way of a drunk driver or a guy texting.
I want to thank all of you. This is fun. I thoroughly enjoy all of it, even the crazier posters. Have a safe and happy thanksgiving.

Dak Holliday

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Well stated. Happy Thanksgiving!

ScoobaDawg
11-25-2021, 10:16 AM
Your best post. Happy Thanksgiving.

Catfish
11-25-2021, 10:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Beat Ole Piss!!

Commercecomet24
11-25-2021, 11:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Be safe, healthy and happy and all things give thanks! Beat om!

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2021, 11:23 AM
Blessing be upon all of you. It's been a trying past two years and I'm thankful to have this community of knuckleheads to share our love of MSU with.

FISHDAWG
11-25-2021, 11:37 AM
Great post and totally agree Dak.... hope all you dawgs have a good one

Dawgology
11-25-2021, 11:39 AM
Well said! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

BeardoMSU
11-25-2021, 02:29 PM
Hope everyone's Thanksgivings are going well!

https://c.tenor.com/zNeyC5lOF4gAAAAd/gobble-gobble-calling.gif

Btw, do your family a favor and turn off the Chicago-Lions game, and pop in a DVD/Bluray of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles....the definitive movie for the occasion!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/780cfa0047166353a133c8f72e25d22e/tumblr_mlkyclONPy1rylr5to1_500.gif

Dawg_Lover
11-25-2021, 05:18 PM
That was one of the nicest posts I have ever read. Your words puts a lot in proper perspective.

Now, for my favorite Thanksgiving poem.

May your stuffing be tasty.
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious.
May your pies take the prize.
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs.

To All Happy ?Big Bird? Day
From the Granny of this crazy group

DownwardDawg
11-25-2021, 05:30 PM

Dak Holliday

Happy Thanksgiving Brother. Beautiful post. Found out Friday my cancer is now completely undetectable. Your post hit home.
God is good.

Dawg_Lover
11-25-2021, 05:34 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Brother. Beautiful post. Found out Friday my cancer is now completely undetectable. Your post hit home.
God is good.

That is fantastic news, Congratulations!

DownwardDawg
11-25-2021, 05:40 PM
That is fantastic news, Congratulations!

Thank you!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Vandownbytheriver
11-25-2021, 06:06 PM
God is good.

Congrats man! Fantastic news! Happy Thanksgiving!

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Well said.

Happy Thanksgiving

FISHDAWG
11-25-2021, 06:48 PM
God is good.

Great news downward.... mine is believed to be gone ��
Still taking Immune therapy just in case

DownwardDawg
11-25-2021, 07:45 PM
Great news downward.... mine is believed to be gone ��
Still taking Immune therapy just in case

Outstanding!!!