PDA

View Full Version : First Egg Bowl

jsjones1993
11-24-2021, 01:37 PM
First State game in DWS actually, seen them several other times but always away.

Any tips, recommendations, etc. for a great experience? Bars, restaurants, tailgates, anything you got.

StarkVegasSteve
11-24-2021, 02:30 PM
Going to be a little weird with Thanksgiving. I know some bars are not opening until around 2 and I doubt tailgating will really get going until that time either. You'll probably want to head to the gate pretty early. If the 19 Egg Bowl was any precursor then getting into the game will be an unmitigated disaster.

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2021, 02:48 PM
The tailgating was relatively light for the 2019 game. However, it is something to see.

I'd recommend parking somewhere around the cotton district. There is a $20 private lot off of College View. Walk up to the hill to cotton district and cruise through tailgates along Stone BLVD. Then to stadium. Then after the game, take in all the festivities in the cotton district.

memsu06
11-24-2021, 04:18 PM
Look up the bus routes that will take you directly to the stadium.

Park somewhere near downtown.

You'll want to walk back to your car leaving though. The line to catch the bus can get long at the stadium. That's why you park downtown, because it's not a bad walk back to the car.