PDA

View Full Version : The coaching carousel and rumors are pretty quiet right now. I'm sure after this

Saltydog
11-24-2021, 01:13 PM
weekend that things will start to heat up but it's been eerily silent the last few days or at least seems to be........Anyone hearing anything recently from other boards..........

Turfdawg67
11-24-2021, 01:26 PM
I'm sure if anyone knew anything they would immediately post it to any one of the other 3-4 threads regarding this subject.

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 07:10 PM
Extensions do not totally mean a coach is staying... Mike Leach signed a extension about 2 weeks before was introduced in starkville

Dolphus Raymond
11-24-2021, 07:11 PM
Damn, Turfdawg. What pissed you off this evening?

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 07:21 PM
How bout this?

Bruce Feldman tweeted out not long ago that Mark Stoops has become a serious candidate for the LSU job.

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 07:24 PM
How bout this?

Bruce Feldman tweeted out not long ago that Mark Stoops has become a serious candidate for the LSU job.

Kentucky potentially may finish with a top 15 class. I saw where they got a 5 star receiver today to commit

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 07:25 PM
How bout this?

Florida is probably looking at stoops because of how good of a recruiter he is

bulldawg28
11-24-2021, 07:28 PM
Florida is probably looking at stoops because of how good of a recruiter he is

Stoops said he's not going to Florida

CaptainObvious
11-24-2021, 07:53 PM
Stoops said he's not going to Florida

The Rivalry between the Fans and the Coach at Florida is ? Too Toxic?!!

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 08:12 PM
IMO if im stoops im never leaving kentucky.

He can build something similar to what dan mullen could have built at msu.

He is recruting waaaay better than dan ever thinks he can or could recruit.

He can win 8 games per year at kentucky and they will build a statue for him there but coaches think they are smarter than the next guy that failed before them so

Dawgology
11-24-2021, 08:15 PM
IMO if im stoops im never leaving kentucky.

He can build something similar to what dan mullen could have built at msu.

He is recruting waaaay better than dan ever thinks he can or could recruit.

He can win 8 games per year at kentucky and they will build a statue for him there but coaches think they are smarter than the next guy that failed before them so

It’s true but coaches never see it this way it seems.

PGHBulldogBG
11-24-2021, 08:50 PM
It’s true but coaches never see it this way it seems.

I think the way college football is set up they see it as almost impossible to win a title at a non blue blood. If you look at the traditional winners you can see that. Clemson is probably the closest program that really elevated and they still had a really solid program. I know they don?t have much chance but I am pulling for Oklahoma State to win the whole thing or Cincy, although I stand by my original prediction that Cincy loses to Houston and Oklahoma State loses in big 12 title game

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 09:15 PM
Marc Ryan (ESPN) tweets that two sources have told him the same thing.

Napier to Florida looks like a done deal and will be announced Sunday or Monday.

Fader21
11-24-2021, 09:47 PM

Napier to Florida looks like a done deal and will be announced Sunday or Monday.

Could this be a smoke screen for a bigger target?

DownwardDawg
11-24-2021, 09:54 PM

If that's true.... wow. Just wow. What a letdown for Florida fans!!!

PGHBulldogBG
11-24-2021, 10:12 PM
Florida would be hiring the 2nd best since belt coach behind Chadwell. That would be a let down

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 10:19 PM
I think the way college football is set up they see it as almost impossible to win a title at a non blue blood. If you look at the traditional winners you can see that. Clemson is probably the closest program that really elevated and they still had a really solid program. I know they don?t have much chance but I am pulling for Oklahoma State to win the whole thing or Cincy, although I stand by my original prediction that Cincy loses to Houston and Oklahoma State loses in big 12 title game

Pulling super hard for Oklahoma State. The fact that their in state rival holds a ridiculous head to head over them is insane. It is like 90-18 all time im pretty sure and Oklahoma State isnt even a bad program, they are consistently ranked in the top 25 but they can never get over that hump of beating Oklahoma.

Id love for them to sneak into the playoff and have some sort of bragging rights over oklahoma for awhile. I really like mike gundy and also i just root for all the state schools over the " fLaGsHiPs"

PikeDawg15
11-24-2021, 10:25 PM

MSU has had 2 teams that could have made the playoffs since 2014

2014 MSU
2018 MSU

2014 MSU shit the bed against OM and that is my most what if egg bowl of all time because i truly believe they would have put us in over Ohio State if we went on the road and beat ole miss and the only loss was @ #1 alabama 25-20

2018 MSU wouldve 100% for sure won 10 games atleast. If you look back at the games.
We held alabama to 21 points and held lsu to 19, pretty sure with a dan mullen coached team they score more than 21 points in both of those games.

We for sure wouldve beat florida with mullen and Kentucky played out of their minds against us that year.

PGHBulldogBG
11-24-2021, 10:26 PM
Pulling super hard for Oklahoma State. The fact that their in state rival holds a ridiculous head to head over them is insane. It is like 90-18 all time im pretty sure and Oklahoma State isnt even a bad program, they are consistently ranked in the top 25 but they can never get over that hump of beating Oklahoma.

Id love for them to sneak into the playoff and have some sort of bragging rights over oklahoma for awhile. I really like mike gundy and also i just root for all the state schools over the " fLaGsHiPs"

Me too. I wish the SEC had taken Oklahoma and Oklahoma State over Texas. Although I think beating Texas will be easier for us than if we had to play Ok State every year because Gundy is a better coach than Texas has had in awhile.

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 11:28 PM
The Athletic tweeted a couple of hours ago that Dave Clawson is interested in the Va Tech job.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2021, 01:37 AM
Damn, Turfdawg. What pissed you off this evening?

Not a thing, carry on. Hail State and GTHOM!!