Chris Jones DE

Preston Smith LB/DE Hybrid
Willie Gay LB
KJ Wright LB
Benardrick McKinney LB

Darius Slay CB
Cam Dantzler CB
John Abram S(has had a bad year though)

There has to be a DB I am missing right?
Still have some guys playing like Denico Autry and Pernell McPhee too

Commercecomet24
11-24-2021, 12:58 PM
Thats pretty freaking stout!

Saltydog
11-24-2021, 01:11 PM
Pernell McPhee is still in the league as well but at this point he wouldn't be a starter on this team........Amazing how much quality D talent State has produced....Impressive to say the least.........

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Ridiculous

Mike Honcho
11-24-2021, 01:17 PM
Will Redmond was in the safety rotation for the packers, but injured and got released yesterday.

OLJWales
11-24-2021, 02:54 PM
Smoot?

Eta: my bad, this was for active players only I would assume.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-24-2021, 08:46 PM
Since you have 2 corners and only 1 safety, your defense won’t work. You would add JT Gray as a safety. He is playing special teams and safety for the Saints. Our issue would be depth in the secondary. The front 7 would be legit.

R2Dawg
11-24-2021, 09:01 PM
DLine:
Montez Sweat DE
Jeff Simmons DT
Fletcher Cox DT
Chris Jones DE

Preston Smith LB/DE Hybrid
Willie Gay LB
KJ Wright LB
Benardrick McKinney LB

Darius Slay CB
Cam Dantzler CB
John Abram S(has had a bad year though)

There has to be a DB I am missing right?
Still have some guys playing like Denico Autry and Pernell McPhee too

Great list but there are many more I'll give a few.

Fred Smoot at CB
Johnnie Cooks at LB
Tyrone Keys DE
Walt Harris DB
Blade, Wyms, Davis. Goliday on DL

Many other MSU greats but not sure how many made it to NFL. Cooks is still the highest drafted Dawg I think at #2. Cooks was a beast in the middle.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-24-2021, 09:22 PM

Fred Smoot at CB
Johnnie Cooks at LB
Tyrone Keys DE
Walt Harris DB

Many other MSU greats but not sure how many made it to NFL. Cooks is still the highest drafted Dawg I think at #2. Cooks was a beast in the middle.

I assumed he was building a defense from active NFL players.

MoreCowbell
11-24-2021, 11:37 PM

Fred Smoot at CB
Johnnie Cooks at LB
Tyrone Keys DE
Walt Harris DB

Active players

RougeDawg
11-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Pernell McPhee is still in the league as well but at this point he wouldn't be a starter on this team........Amazing how much quality D talent State has produced....Impressive to say the least.........

This is the reason I?ve been posting the same thing since the early Don days. In the state of Mississippi you have to work hard at recruiting not to have a good to great defense. The state is full of defensive athletic guys. The biggest problem for Mississippi schools is recruiting the skill players on offense to compete with the big boys. To do that you have to go out of state for the majority of the skills guys and Leach is the first coach with the ability and relationships to do that.

Don had a little of it early and we got a few like Chad Bumphis, because of his old ties to Fl recruiting. When the CC rolled into Starkville and no longer had Meyer to seal the deals, they were who we thought they were. Lazy and arrogant.

If we just do our homework and keep the defensive talent in state and pull some top receivers from elsewhere, this team will be hell on wings.

Eta. Mississippi also produces quality running backs. Should never be a shortage.