PDA

View Full Version : Called it earlier today

msudawg1200
11-23-2021, 07:06 PM
Knew they were itching to get damn Clemson ranked. UTSA what a damn joke.

msugolf
11-23-2021, 07:12 PM
Just gives our guys extra motivation. Always play better with a chip on our shoulders

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 07:13 PM
This is so great.
This is locker room motivation
Ole miss is also #9
I?m estatic cause this is what I wanted

We play bad ranked recently

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 07:17 PM
DGAF.

Just win!

BulldogBear
11-23-2021, 07:39 PM
Probably can blame Auburn for this.

Homedawg
11-23-2021, 07:57 PM
Why does it matter?? If we win we finish in the top 25 if we lose we don't. So it mean zero.

Homedawg
11-23-2021, 07:58 PM
This is so great.
This is locker room motivation
Ole miss is also #9
I?m estatic cause this is what I wanted

We play bad ranked recently

If we need motivation we have issues.... play bad ranked. Hahahahahahah.

TUSK
11-23-2021, 08:00 PM
This year is extra interesting....

EVERY CFP Top 10 team has a realistic shot at getting in the playoffs...except #9 Mississippi...

It's great to have so much parity in college football... isn't it a wonderful product?:rolleyes:

LC Dawg
11-23-2021, 08:13 PM
The Citrus is probably the worst bowl scenario for Ole Miss so they'll have a nice bowl regardless of Thursday's outcome. We need to make sure that while they're traveling to that bowl game all they can think about is the ass whipping they received in the Egg Bowl along with the knowledge of how bad they are going to get beat in the bowl with their (former) head coach in Miami and their star quarterback in Cali training for the draft.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 08:48 PM
It?s bs to be ranked, destroy an opponent, and drop out of ranking. This is the biggest issue with a human opinion based system. You can never eliminate biases 100%.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:12 PM
If we need motivation we have issues.... play bad ranked. Hahahahahahah.

last 2 power 5 games ranked

2020 loss to arkansas
2021 loss to arkansas

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:12 PM
It?s bs to be ranked, destroy an opponent, and drop out of ranking. This is the biggest issue with a human opinion based system. You can never eliminate biases 100%.

12 Team Playoff using the BCS computer

Commercecomet24
11-23-2021, 09:13 PM
Why does it matter?? If we win we finish in the top 25 if we lose we don't. So it mean zero.

Agreed. Win Thursday and get our 5th win against top 25 team and then win bowl game we'll be top 20 for sure. Just win baby!

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 09:20 PM

Are there 12 championship worthy teams? I think 8 is the most I?d consider just for the quality of the games, plus it only extends the season by 1 more week. 5 P5 champions, 3 at large positions. I?m ok with using the BCS for ranking.
Has it been said that the BCS system still chose the same NCG teams almost every year as the CFP? Seems like I?ve heard that before.

Catfish
11-23-2021, 09:24 PM
Agreed. Win Thursday and get our 5th win against top 25 team and then win bowl game we'll be top 20 for sure. Just win baby!

This would be awesome. Not many folks predicted a 9 win season but it can happen. If not, we still exceeded the expectations of quite a few.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 09:29 PM
I have to admit, I had to eat some crow. I felt like we would get 6 plus a bowl game.

Catfish
11-23-2021, 09:33 PM
I have to admit, I had to eat some crow. I felt like we would get 6 plus a bowl game.

I think we all ate some crow. Feels good to be wrong though.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 09:34 PM
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
Without a doubt

Quaoarsking
11-23-2021, 09:39 PM

An unbiased, fully transparent, and mathematically valid computer model? Absolutely.

The BCS formula? No no no!!!

It really wasn't though. 5 of the 6 computer formulas were secret and uncheckable, and the 1 that wasn't had a mistake one year that required them to reissue the rankings after random hero fans found it. The BCS was corrupt and mathematically unsound.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 09:40 PM
Agree 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
I?m not necessarily advocating the BCS, but a transparent model without human opinion.

TUSK
11-23-2021, 10:33 PM
Regarding the BCS, did they ever "get it wrong" on the "best 2 teams"....

And yes, they could have tweaked the "objective" part of it some....

dawgday166
11-23-2021, 10:51 PM

Much better than CFP has been.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2021, 11:01 PM

How would we know?

If the BCS had been in place in 2014, it would have been Alabama vs. Florida State, and people would say "oh, I guess the BCS got it right again!" never realizing that Ohio State was actually the best team as the CFP proved.

Same thing with Alabama in 2017. And even now we'll never know if some year's 5 or 6 seed was actually the best and never got the chance to prove it.

Catfish
11-23-2021, 11:04 PM
How would we know?

If the BCS had been in place in 2014, it would have been Alabama vs. Florida State, and people would say "oh, I guess the BCS got it right again!" never realizing that Ohio State was actually the best team as the CFP proved.

Same thing with Alabama in 2017. And even now we'll never know if some year's 5 or 6 seed was actually the best and never got the chance to prove it.

Exactly!!!

Homedawg
11-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Agree 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
I?m not necessarily advocating the BCS, but a transparent model without human opinion.

Who puts the data in the computer for the formula???????

Quaoarsking
11-23-2021, 11:38 PM
Who puts the data in the computer for the formula???????

It would have to be something with a public formula so that anyone could theoretically check it.

After all, the only 1 of the 6 BCS computer polls that did that had a mistake in their final rankings (2010 I want to say?) that was only found by people doing that. We'll never know if it happened with the other 5 - those were totally secret.

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2021, 12:46 AM
Are there 12 championship worthy teams? I think 8 is the most I?d consider just for the quality of the games, plus it only extends the season by 1 more week. 5 P5 champions, 3 at large positions. I?m ok with using the BCS for ranking.
Has it been said that the BCS system still chose the same NCG teams almost every year as the CFP? Seems like I?ve heard that before.

It's not about there being 12 championship programs. It's about the best teams not getting eliminated from the pool because they lost a few games. A 12 team playoff appeases everyone while also ensuring that the semifinals have the best 4 teams.

TUSK
11-24-2021, 02:52 AM
How would we know?

I get your point...

The BCS was blown up because 2 SEC teams made it in... Peeps got unjustifiably pissed.

So, we expand to a 4 team playoff, to appease the B1G and give non-bluebloods a chance... same dif.

Now, while I agree that the lil guy's chances will increase as the playoff field does, the blueblood's chances will increase exponentially...

Shit, I had this football NC playoff shit solved in '98 and those jackalopes are still tryin' to catch up....

parabrave
11-24-2021, 03:15 AM

Yes when they picked Okie over Aubbie.

TUSK
11-24-2021, 04:51 AM
Yes when they picked Okie over Aubbie.

No love for Utah and Boise St..??????

PGHBulldogBG
11-24-2021, 08:43 AM
I can?t remember what format was used in 1999, but Marshall with Chad Pennington and Randy Moss was the best mid major team in college football. It?s the only time I?ve ever said a mid major should make the title game

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 09:33 AM
12 teams seems like too much. Heck, they?ve struggled to find 4 legit championship contenders during this phase. Cinderella stories are nice, but can anyone ever recall a Cinderella that won it all vs just making it barely past midnight? They typically ding a better team before reality comes crashing down.