PDA

View Full Version : On PED?s/Steroids at Ole Miss

Dolphus Raymond
11-23-2021, 02:59 PM
In the military, if, on a random drug screen, a soldier tested positive for drugs, the entire company would then be tested. This was done to ascertain if the drug use in said company was isolated to one soldier or there was a larger problem.
Is this how the NCAA operates? If so.......

parabrave
11-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Usually we were tested for everything on Monday morning at 0530 when we arrived for duty. There was the telling sign of MPs stationed at the Barracks door. This was usually the weekend of a concert. Test 200 to get the 6 known druggies.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 08:43 PM
I heard just a bit ago that the kicker was caught with adderral without a prescription. Brain performance enhancing drug. I hear this is fairly rampant amongst college students as a study drug. I guess we will see what becomes of it.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 09:44 PM
They?re saying 1 yr suspension

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2021, 09:56 PM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/yall-got-any-5c1584.jpg

Patrick Tibbons
11-23-2021, 10:03 PM
I heard just a bit ago that the kicker was caught with adderral without a prescription. Brain performance enhancing drug. I hear this is fairly rampant amongst college students as a study drug. I guess we will see what becomes of it.

Adderall and Vyvanse are passed around like candy on college campuses. Some use it to study. Some use it to party.
Both are schedule 2 drugs and taken seriously by college and pro sports teams.
I think it?s a 10 game suspension in the NFL and a 25 game suspension in the MLB.

Avelso
11-23-2021, 10:05 PM
The amount of kids taking it at my kids HS is stunning....

If you see a girl drop 20 lbs that didnt need to drop 20 lbs watch her ACT go up to 30 pretty quickly.

Dawgbite
11-24-2021, 09:12 AM
Wait a minute, there is a drug that makes me lose weight and all the while I get smarter? Where do I sign up and honestly they need to put that shit in the water supply because I’m surrounded by fat stupid people.

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 09:26 AM
😂 like button push👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
It?s legalized amphetamine. It?s actually one of the easiest scripts to get. I?m kind of shocked he didn?t go the right route. It?s used for ADHD and anxiety a lot of time. I think there will be societal fallout over it in the future.

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Adderall and Vyvanse are passed around like candy on college campuses. Some use it to study. Some use it to party.
I think it?s a 10 game suspension in the NFL and a 25 game suspension in the MLB.

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

DeltaChicagoDog
11-24-2021, 09:43 AM

Pre 1990's there was dexedrine and a few others. The chemical composition is similar to adderall and was was used routinely (not sure about prevalence) by professional athletes - baseball, cycling, nfl. If anyone hasn't seen North Dallas Forty, do yourself a favor. Excellent movie.

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 09:46 AM
North Dallas Forty? Noted. It looks to be on Amazon Prime for free. I?ll try to scope it out

Jarius
11-24-2021, 10:14 AM
I?m sorry but if it indeed is adderall a 1 year suspension is ridiculous and counting that as performance enhancing is just stupid. What an antiquated rule.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2021, 10:15 AM
As someone that used to take Aderall, it's not what most of you think. It doesn't help performance as much as the talk says. The side effects are horrendous! Got a friend who it was prescribed to and it almost killed him. Seen athletes almost die from it. It's legalized meth.
Funny how politicians will lock down allergy meds and stop marijuana legalization but allow this shit.

Jarius
11-24-2021, 10:18 AM
As someone that used to take Aderall, it's not what most of you think. It doesn't help performance as much as the talk says. The side effects are horrendous! Got a friend who it was prescribed to and it almost killed him. Seen athletes almost die from it. It's legalized meth.
Funny how politicians will lock down allergy meds and stop marijuana legalization but allow this shit.

I have never in my life heard of an athlete using adderall to perform on the field better. The most logical explanation is that he used it to party or to study for an exam. I see very little reason to take diet meth on a football field unless you want your heart to explode.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2021, 10:43 AM
I have never in my life heard of an athlete using adderall to perform on the field better. The most logical explanation is that he used it to party or to study for an exam. I see very little reason to take diet meth on a football field unless you want your heart to explode.

Exactly, but it's addictive and gets out of control. People become dependent on it for everything because it amps them up.

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 11:13 AM
Agree. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

OLJWales
11-24-2021, 11:49 AM

I was not aware of this adderal stuff you mentioned. Good information thank you. The war on weed is just another example of those in power not having society's best interests in mind.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-24-2021, 12:19 PM
North Dallas Forty? Noted. It looks to be on Amazon Prime for free. I?ll try to scope it out

Will be curious what ya think. Prime Nolte and Mac Davis play a wide receiver and QB trying to stay in the league and competitive just a little bit longer while taking and drinking things to help with the pain and the party.

parabrave
11-24-2021, 12:54 PM

And that was written about the 1960s cowboys.