PDA

View Full Version : My official untrained egg bowl weather thoughts

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2021, 01:42 AM
We're now close enough in to the egg bowl that almost all major models are now chiming in. They're all in very good agreement so after looking at them here are my thoughts:

Precipitation onset for the Starkville area looks to begin between noon and 2:00pm and probably push out by 7:00-8:00pm. Rainfall totals for the entire event look to be around a 0.25". Rainfall totals starting at kickoff to precip end look to be around 0.1". Temps look to be in the mid 50's at kick and falling to the upper 40's by game's end.

Is there a chance rainfall totals could be higher? Yes. Models are showing slightly heavier totals back in western MS but lessening as the precipitation shield pushes east. If it doesn't weaken then maybe add another 0.25"-0.50" of rain. But run to run consistency has been there for this not happening. All in all, while rain chances are high in the order of 60%-80%, it mainly looks to be light and not likely to have a huge impact on the game. If David Wade can't drain off a few tenths of an inch of rain then we might as well just play in the Ole miss baseball stadium with baby shark on repeat over the PA system.

Family obligations are preventing me from being there, but those that go be loud and ring those bells till they hear them in hell.

FISHDAWG
11-23-2021, 08:36 AM
thanks Stark ... love a firsthand report for the game even tho I can't be there

sleepy dawg
11-23-2021, 09:53 AM
I'll be there, come hell or high water.

DeltaSwamp
11-23-2021, 09:57 AM
bearsharks losing in the rain
Kiffen leaving shortly after

My goodness - a great holiday season in store