PDA

View Full Version : Lane train is departing

Cowbell
11-22-2021, 10:45 PM
Watch his pressor from today...that cat is gone. He made the comment that their fans didn't show up for last weeks home game so why would he expect them to show up in Starkville. The dude is not happy. He looks drained as well.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 11:02 PM
He sounded and looked like to me that he was sick and didn't care to be there. He was definitely not pleased with the lack of fan support the last few weeks. He said I don't have any idea what they will do (on traveling), they didn't travel very well to our home games so maybe they will travel better away.

Apoplectic
11-22-2021, 11:37 PM
He sounded and looked like to me that he was sick and didn't care to be there. He was definitely not pleased with the lack of fan support the last few weeks. He said I don't have any idea what they will do (on traveling), they didn't travel very well to our home games so maybe they will travel better away.

That is LSU talk. He saying UM won?t show up for a winning team and damn sure won?t travel but LSU fans do!!

TUSK
11-23-2021, 04:08 AM
"Unhappy", "drained", and "sick", you say,,,,,?

Like this????

https://youtu.be/BB6VzJ1qYo4

Dolphus Raymond
11-23-2021, 08:16 AM
Tusk, I saw where you mentioned you were airborne. I finished jump school in November of 1978 back when we did PT in boots and fatigues. Back when men were meaner, there was no such thing as a PT uniform. 😊
When did you go to jump school? I don?t think you are an old fart like myself.

Homedawg
11-23-2021, 08:21 AM
He's sounded like that since his initial press conference.

Johnson85
11-23-2021, 09:10 AM
He's sounded like that since his initial press conference.

I think Lane's twitter persona plus knowing what his ex wife looks like works against him when people hear him talk. They assume he's going to be personable and have charisma, but he's actually a lot like Leach. They're both smart and both a little off in situations where they have to interact with the public. Leach has coped by leaning into his persona and just flaunting that he is a little weird and doesn't give a shit. Lane still is trying to match his twitter persona (hence the popcorn comment), but that takes a lot of energy and he just can't quite pull it off.

PGHBulldogBG
11-23-2021, 09:14 AM
I don?t see LSU hiring Kiffin. Aranda is going to be the hire. Kiffin is waiting for Miami to open or a major job that will take him on. Florida doesn?t want him because of his lack of recruiting. Miami and Kiffin are the perfect fit but I think we might be waiting until next year on that as time goes on

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Bo Bounds spent ten minutes this morning explaining how Kiffin isn?t going anywhere. Bo said he is not top 3 in any search as of today (which I think is BS). Even said LK wouldn?t get the Miami job bc it?s Mario Cristobol?s to turn done. I doubt very seriously Mario leaves Oregon for Miami. C?mon Bo, you got to do better than this.

If Lane Kiffin is still the head coach at OM next season I will be shocked.

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Bo must have renewed a sponsorship with a Rebel sponsor.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 09:30 AM
Bo must have renewed a sponsorship with a Rebel sponsor.

The only thing he said that made sense was he thought Harsin was going to jump to Washington bc he got a taste of the SEC and realized he was in over his head here.

Dawgology
11-23-2021, 09:42 AM
If Kiffin stays he’s going to be in for a rude awakening next season at Ole Miss. I can see that going sideways. It it’s absolutely clear Mississippi media has been told the line they are supposed to push. It’s funny how when it was Mullen every single Mississippi media outlet was naming him for every coaching search. But no bias in the Mississippi media right? That is what gets me about our MSU media outlets always trying to be “unbiased”. Why? When has any other media outlet in the state EVER done that for MSU??? **** that.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:42 AM
Bo Bounds spent ten minutes this morning explaining how Kiffin isn?t going anywhere. Bo said he is not top 3 in any search as of today (which I think is BS). Even said LK wouldn?t get the Miami job bc it?s Mario Cristobol?s to turn done. I doubt very seriously Mario leaves Oregon for Miami. C?mon Bo, you got to do better than this.

Bo bounds. I stopped right there

Kiffin is #2 on miami's board and they arent getting their #1 ( Mario Cristobal)

He is on Florida's board, Florida will be making a splash hire ( same with LSU) , neither of those are hiring G5 coaches. Those 2 will be hiring sitting power 5 coaches

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:44 AM
The real question is

Will ole miss fans claim that it is a "mutual parting" when kiffin leaves since they love to claim they didnt want that coach/recruit when they lose them

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:45 AM

Kiffin is #2 on miami's board and they arent getting their #1 ( Mario Cristobal)

He is on Florida's board, Florida will be making a splash hire ( same with LSU) , neither of those are hiring G5 coaches. Those 2 will be hiring sitting power 5 coaches

Also, Ben Garrett has taken his statement back about kiffin not leaving .... he said its a 50/50 shot with miami... They know

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 09:48 AM

EXACTLY!!!

This shit ain't rocket science. Lane is a good coach. He will wind up in Florida either coaching the Hurricanes or the Gators. Without Corral next season OM is gonna look mighty pedestrian.

DAWG1903
11-23-2021, 10:00 AM
If Kiffin stays he’s going to be in for a rude awakening next season at Ole Miss. I can see that going sideways. It it’s absolutely clear Mississippi media has been told the line they are supposed to push. It’s funny how when it was Mullen every single Mississippi media outlet was naming him for every coaching search. But no bias in the Mississippi media right? That is what gets me about our MSU media outlets always trying to be “unbiased”. Why? When has any other media outlet in the state EVER done that for MSU??? **** that.

This ^^^ all day! Remember they do have the Media School on their campus turning out media people every year.

Fader21
11-23-2021, 10:01 AM
I mean he always is like that. Watch his Coke and Coke Zero commercial. Worst commercial and spokesmen ever.

DeputyDawg94
11-23-2021, 10:01 AM
This is the first presser I’ve seen him do since he took the job. It looked like he’d just stepped into the prostate exam room and was talking to the nurse about his problems.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 11:48 AM
Somebody on here last night indicated that Napier was a done deal for UF. I don't see that , but he is being considered it appears. Also would he want to bring his staff with him? I don't think UF would go with that with the money they have to spend. The recruiting for those two schools is like comparing apples to oranges. I think UF definitely wants a proven P5 HC who puts a major emphasis on recruiting and his staff does too. Kiffin is supposedly one of the ones being considered too.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 11:52 AM
I mean he always is like that. Watch his Coke and Coke Zero commercial. Worst commercial and spokesmen ever.

LOL Yeah he acts like he could care less where you bought coke or not. Just read the script and get out.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/BradLoganCOTE/status/1462910659331506176

Lane may be out the door already.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 12:16 PM
https://twitter.com/BradLoganCOTE/status/1462910659331506176

Lane may be out the door already.

Yeah, Kiffin doesn't fit the hate MSU crowd that the OM folks want him to be in. He even told the media I guess that's what you want me to be (another Luke). He and CML are good friends and they don't view this as a toxic rivalry. He even told the media it's just a football game (like get real). He said he didn't see hating somebody because they are at another school. I don't think they liked him being very complimentary of CML after the Vandy presser or the one this week, but he could care less.

was21
11-23-2021, 12:18 PM
Don't know if they're good friends or not but there's obviously a great deal of mutual respect for each other's coaching capability.

Dawgfan77
11-23-2021, 12:20 PM
This whole lane can't recruit is overblown. 95%of recruiting is done at the assist and network level. LK knows he gets the UF or the U job he will hire proven recruiters and coaches.
Also, rumors are LF doesn't feel like he "fits" Oxford. .

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 12:31 PM
Don't know if they're good friends or not but there's obviously a great deal of mutual respect for each other's coaching capability.

Well some say they get along well, and some say they respect each other, and then some say they have had a lasting friendship for decades, so good friends may be stretching it a bit or whatever.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 12:45 PM
This whole lane can't recruit is overblown. 95%of recruiting is done at the assist and network level. LK knows he gets the UF or the U job he will hire proven recruiters and coaches.
Also, rumors are LF doesn't feel like he "fits" Oxford. .

THIS He's not a Luke (they want this toxic rivalry it seems) and they don't like him complimenting CML or our football program. He even picked us to upset Auburn on their TAMU Gameday. Kiffin is going to do what Kiffin wants to do.

TUSK
11-23-2021, 01:33 PM
Tusk, I saw where you mentioned you were airborne. I finished jump school in November of 1978 back when we did PT in boots and fatigues. Back when men were meaner, there was no such thing as a PT uniform. 😊
When did you go to jump school? I don?t think you are an old fart like myself.

Naw, Dolphus, I am a Devildog. Graduated from Parris Island May 13, 1990. Amphibious Assault, Artillery & Logistics.

Thanks for your service!

Oh, check out my sweet ass avatar, ya none detail observatin dogface!*****

Peace!

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2021, 02:34 PM

Well, according to Miami relatives Cristobol is indeed who they would like to have.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 02:38 PM
Well, according to Miami relatives Cristobol is indeed who they would like to have.

That is true but I do not think he's leaving Oregon for Miami , not entirely impossible but thats too much money to leave behind right now.

Kiffin is the better bet once it becomes open because he will take it if offered

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 03:01 PM

Too bad he's not leaving Oregon.