View Full Version : How it's going to fall

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 10:32 PM
Napier to Florida

Aranda to LSU.

And go..

viverlibre
11-22-2021, 10:43 PM
Hard to believe Special Ed was less than two seasons removed from a natty.

Walkerhill
11-22-2021, 10:47 PM
Napier to Florida

Aranda to LSU.

And go..

Mullen out/Napier in is a pretty big downgrade, at least in terms of cv. Credit to Napier if it happens because he played his situation beautifully, but beating up on the Sun Belt and recruiting and competing with UGA, Bama, Florida State et al is a massive jump. They would be looking for a new coach again in 3 years.

Arands to LSU makes sense, it would really matter who his offensive coordinator is. Another unproven commodity at a big, demanding program.

I think Lane heads to Miami. He will believe he can breathe new life into that program and the lifestyle fits like a glove.

To me, Stoops or Bill O Brien makes more sense to either LSU or UF but I hope they overlook those candidates for some reason.

Another one to watch is Arkansas OC Kendal Briles getting a chance somewhere like a Sun belt school or something. That would put Arkansas in a tough spot of having to recruit a coordinator to fit a certain style and personnel. That can be tricky business.
Other big jobs are going to open, this is going to be a crazy offseason.

PGHBulldogBG
11-22-2021, 10:53 PM
Franklin to USCw
Aranda to LSU
Napier to UF
Huff to VT
No idea who Washington gets
More to come after next Saturday

Activated Alpha
11-22-2021, 10:58 PM
According to Rant, UF is to announce Napier

Quaoarsking
11-22-2021, 11:18 PM
Dan and Megan return to the place where they met -- Bowling Green

Dan doesn't have to recruit big names, but can find diamonds in the rough and coach them up. Over the next 30 years, Bowling Green finishes with 14 MAC championships, finishes in the top 25 7 times, and makes the 12-team playoff 4 times, winning 1 game in 1 of them.

WhiskeyPirate
11-22-2021, 11:37 PM
Dan and Megan return to the place where they met -- Bowling Green

Dan doesn't have to recruit big names, but can find diamonds in the rough and coach them up. Over the next 30 years, Bowling Green finishes with 14 MAC championships, finishes in the top 25 7 times, and makes the 12-team playoff 4 times, winning 1 game in 1 of them.

He’s going to coach at Bowling Green until he’s in his 80’s ?

Damm , he’s a regular Amos Alonzo Stagg

Dawgology
11-23-2021, 12:13 AM
Mullen for Napier? Ouch. Well…good luck Stricklin…you’re going to need it.

Cowbell
11-23-2021, 12:23 AM
Mullen for Napier? Ouch. Well?good luck Stricklin?you?re going to need it.

Yeah I would have thought they would go after Lane hard. I would want freeze over Napier.

Dawgology
11-23-2021, 12:27 AM
Yeah I would have thought they would go after Lane hard. I would want freeze over Napier.

Or any coach with actual P5 experience. It may end up being a good hire but from the outside it appears to be changing out a “meh” coach for an inexperienced coach that is 50/50 on panning out.

parabrave
11-23-2021, 02:26 AM
LSU going full out for Riley.

Coldsleeve Jr.
11-23-2021, 04:16 AM
I could see Mullen doing well at VaTech

TheLostDawg
11-23-2021, 07:30 AM
Mullen out/Napier in is a pretty big downgrade, at least in terms of cv. Credit to Napier if it happens because he played his situation beautifully, but beating up on the Sun Belt and recruiting and competing with UGA, Bama, Florida State et al is a massive jump. They would be looking for a new coach again in 3 years.

Arands to LSU makes sense, it would really matter who his offensive coordinator is. Another unproven commodity at a big, demanding program.

I think Lane heads to Miami. He will believe he can breathe new life into that program and the lifestyle fits like a glove.

To me, Stoops or Bill O Brien makes more sense to either LSU or UF but I hope they overlook those candidates for some reason.

Another one to watch is Arkansas OC Kendal Briles getting a chance somewhere like a Sun belt school or something. That would put Arkansas in a tough spot of having to recruit a coordinator to fit a certain style and personnel. That can be tricky business.

Miami might not be open.

That's the problem with getting a CEO type of coach. We thought Coach orgy had it figured out but they couldn't even pay the coordinators enough to stay among other reasons such as wanting to be a HC.

Also we might be in trouble when Arnette leaves. Who can run our defense?

TheLostDawg
11-23-2021, 07:30 AM
Franklin to USCw
Aranda to LSU
Napier to UF
Huff to VT

Dang. Calling Huff as HC. I see you

MetEdDawg
11-23-2021, 07:41 AM
Franklin to USCw
Aranda to LSU
Napier to UF
Huff to VT

If I had to bet, this is pretty accurate. I'm not sure about Huff though but I can 100% see Va Tech going after him. He's really good.

I really think you'll see Moorhead in play at Washington State and I think you'll see possibly Brady Hoke mentioned at Washington. He's done really well at SDSU and he's got the recruiting connections to make Washington a formidable team again.

was21
11-23-2021, 07:47 AM
Neither

Bert Stare
11-23-2021, 08:41 AM
Napier is LSU bound. Don't believe the smoke from Florida.

Kiffin is Florida bound along with Spencer Rattler. Ole Miss will promote Lebby to HC.

Riley and Aranda aren't leaving their current positions.

Hugh Freeze is Auburn bound after Washington steals Harsin.

Mullen to OC at the Jags.

Edited because Don Brown has already stolen the off-season head coaching prize at UMass.

Coursesuper
11-23-2021, 08:46 AM

Kiffin is Florida bound along with Spencer Rattler. Ole Miss will promote Lebby to HC.

Mullen to either UMass or OC at the Jags.

Bert has spoken.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-23-2021, 08:51 AM

And so it is written. What's gonna happen with Don Brown? Wouldn't be the carousel without a little BS - for real pun not intended.

TheLostDawg
11-23-2021, 09:05 AM

Way to ruin the surprise

TheLostDawg
11-23-2021, 09:07 AM

Are they going to label Lebby as interm coach while you're telling all?

Bert Stare
11-23-2021, 09:09 AM
Are they going to label Lebby as interm coach while you're telling all?

Lebby will be offered a 3 year contract. No interim tag.

viverlibre
11-23-2021, 09:17 AM

Edited because Don Brown has already stolen the off-season head coaching prize at UMass.

I think there is something in Freezus' background check (that is not publicly known) that is giving ADs concern. I doubt he is allowed back to the SEC until after we get a new commissioner.

Concur about Napier, I don't think any current big name coaches will take the that job. Aranda is in a good spot and can win big there, plus it is a private school.

shrimp
11-23-2021, 09:26 AM
Trying to get your batting average above .000 I see. Good luck with that.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 10:12 AM
I feel like this is going to get absolutely nuts
Predictions

Lsu - Lincoln Riley brings Caleb Williams
USC- James Franklin
Florida - Bob Stoops
Miami- Kiffin and spencer Rattler
Oklahoma then takes josh heupel
Tennessee then picks up Billy Napier
Ole Miss promotes Jeff Lebby to HC
Washington Steals Harsin
Auburn then makes the biggest hire of the year and brings in saban killer Hugh Freeze with unlimited burner phones

The rest i have no idea

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 10:13 AM
I feel like this is going to get absolutely nuts
Predictions

Lsu - Lincoln Riley brings Caleb Williams
USC- James Franklin
Florida - Bob Stoops
Miami- Kiffin and spencer Rattler
Oklahoma then takes josh heupel
Tennessee then picks up Billy Napier
Ole Miss promotes Jeff Lebby to HC
Washington Steals Harsin
Auburn then makes the biggest hire of the year and brings in saban killer Hugh Freeze with unlimited burner phones

The rest i have no idea

Let me add to this

Penn state then grabs Luke Fickell

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2021, 10:22 AM

Freeze will eventually get another big job unless there are some things that are known among athletic departments that never came out. That being said he is off limits for a lot of places. Given the stuff that has come out at Liberty it makes more sense now why TTHEY took him.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 10:35 AM
Freeze will eventually get another big job unless there are some things that are known among athletic departments that never came out. That being said he is off limits for a lot of places. Given the stuff that has come out at Liberty it makes more sense now why TTHEY took him.

I'm making a bold prediction.

If Harsin bolts to Washington then Auburn hires Freeze. It will be a desperation move.

Maverick91
11-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Lebby will be offered a 3 year contract. No interim tag.

HEEEEEEESSSSS BAAAAACCKKKKK!

Tater
11-23-2021, 10:43 AM
Since we know Bert is covering for Billy Naps... we can trust that his LSU post is a way to make Florida believe LSU is interested and play their hand.

So the carousel goes:
TCU - Sonny Dykes (opening SMU)
SMU - Kendall Briles (this the only G5 that feels relevant)
LSU - Mel Tucker (opening Michigan State)
Washington - Brian Harsin (opening Auburn)
Washington State - Joe Moorhead
USC - Urban Meyer (with Dan Mullen as OC, Jaguars hire from NFL ranks)
Miami - fires Diaz, State gets Khaumari Rogers, Kiffin goes to Miami (opening OM)
Florida - Eli Drinkwitz (they want a recruiter with a high ceiling, opens Mizzou)
VT - Charles Huff (opening Marshall)
fakeMSU - Tom Allen (opening Indiana)
Duke - (cutcliffe steps down and becomes an analyst for whatever team Arch wants to play at)
Missouri - Luke Fickell (opens Cincy)
Ole Miss - Huge struggle to not hire Freeze. Promotes Lebby instead.
Auburn - Chris Kleiman. Wins a natty within 5 years somehow. (Opens Kansas State)
Indiana / KSU - yea i have no idea who they'd go for here.

Irondawg
11-23-2021, 11:07 AM
I just can't see VT going with Huff, that's a huge gamble in my opinion.

I don't think the cards will play this way but a place like VT is really a great spot for Napier.

Liverpooldawg
11-23-2021, 11:32 AM
I'm making a bold prediction.

If Harsin bolts to Washington then Auburn hires Freeze. It will be a desperation move.

They certainly wouldn't care about his past.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 11:36 AM
Anybody hearing the scuttlebutt about Manny?

There are some rumors that Manny was told today to go ahead and start looking for another job.

If this is true we are about to go total Def Con 4.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2021, 11:52 AM
It would be pretty funny if Washington State hires the guy that we fired to get Leach. It may be a bigger coaching trade swindle than Grantham for Sirmon

Catfish
11-23-2021, 11:52 AM
Anybody hearing the scuttlebutt about Manny?

There are some rumors that Manny was told today to go ahead and start looking for another job.

If this is true we are about to go total Def Con 4.

I bet you're right about the rumors. It was just a matter of time. It's about to get wild.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2021, 12:02 PM
Napier will cost Stricklin his job, & I'll laugh. That's a downgrade. He's no elite recruiter and his offense is the Mullen Relf attack. That's got failure written all over it!

gtowndawg
11-23-2021, 12:18 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/oya1.gif

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 01:52 PM
Vegas just made Aranda the odds on favorite for LSU.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 01:58 PM
If there was a single SEC team that would look past all of freeze's BS ( besides ole miss) it would be auburn

Catfish
11-23-2021, 02:05 PM
If there was a single SEC team that would look past all of freeze's BS ( besides ole miss) it would be auburn

Can't imagine an AD taking that chance because when Freeze screws up they both lose their job.

preachermatt83
11-23-2021, 02:08 PM
I think va tech hires Mullen

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2021, 02:19 PM
Urban Meyer to LSU?

Lord McBuckethead
11-23-2021, 02:20 PM
If I were ULL I would grab Mullen then.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 02:41 PM
Urban Meyer to LSU?

if lane doesnt leave Ole miss

Lane Kiffin - ole miss
Mike Leach MSU
Nick Saban Alabama
Hugh Freeze Auburn
Urban Meyer LSU
Jimbo Fisher A&M
MR. JukeBox at arky

That is a media's wet dream

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 04:17 PM
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1463206624462622722?s=20

Thamel: Rhett Lashley is current fav to replace Sonny Dykes at SMU. Lashley is currently OC at Miami.

preachermatt83
11-23-2021, 04:48 PM
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1463206624462622722?s=20

Thamel: Rhett Lashley is current fav to replace Sonny Dykes at SMU. Lashley is currently OC at Miami.

Outright strange hire if so

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 04:53 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/r0ns72/franklin_agrees_to_new_10year_contract_penn_state/

Franklin signs 10 year deal with Penn State. So much for USC.

dawgday166
11-23-2021, 05:03 PM
Urban ain't gonna coach in SECW. Too much stress in that for him.

Tater
11-23-2021, 05:05 PM
Outright strange hire if so

Ehhh. He coached there as OC before. Has connections. I just think Briles makes perfect sense there but he could be waiting for a better job and get it in Auburn.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Ehhh. He coached there as OC before. Has connections. I just think Briles makes perfect sense there but he could be waiting for a better job and get it in Auburn.

If Harsin goes to Washington the Auburn opening may become a hostile affair. Briles leaving Arkansas is going to make them take a step back on offense. Briles is a good play caller.

Turfdawg67
11-23-2021, 05:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/oya1.gif

Perfect GIF for ole Bert. At first you wanna believe and then you realize who's making the predictions! And then they look look really funny. Lolz!

dawgday166
11-23-2021, 05:43 PM
If Harsin goes to Washington the Auburn opening may become a hostile affair. Briles leaving Arkansas is going to make them take a step back on offense. Briles is a good play caller.

Maybe I lost the trend to this story but I thought Wazzou coach resigned due to vax mandate. And I thought Harsin is unvaxxed and won't get vaxxed. I may be way off on this story tho.

PMDawg
11-23-2021, 05:44 PM
Napier is LSU bound.

Ok, so now we know where Napier WON'T be next year.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2021, 05:56 PM
Franklin staying at Penn State. 10 year extension, lol.

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Maybe I lost the trend to this story but I thought Wazzou coach resigned due to vax mandate. And I thought Harsin is unvaxxed and won't get vaxxed. I may be way off on this story tho.

That was Wash State?s coach. Jimmy Lake at Washington was fired over striking a player. But still in the state with a vax mandate. Could get interesting.

The Federalist Engineer
11-23-2021, 06:19 PM

I am just asking, why do so many ED folks think Miami and Kiffin are a pair?

Miami has no money for football. They get a check from the ACC, but that's all Title IX money. They have no stadium, no fans, and the biggest "alumn" for football is Luther Campbell. South Florida residents will tell you that Miami is a Pro-Sports town that is Northeastern in Character.

Also, Miami and South Florida does not really look to the SEC. To Miami, the NFL assistant coach pool is more ideal and desired.

Miami hires coaches like Al Golden from Temple for $400K per season. They are probably looking at a TE coach in Oklahoma. Or a current Special Teams coach with the Miami Dolphins, they can save on the Relocation Package. They are not going to punch up for an SEC coach. I bet Joe Moorehead is more a candidate than Kiffin, if JM is willing to coach for $500K per season.

It will be fun to see what happens. Will they splurge their ACC payout to be good in football again?

Catfish
11-23-2021, 06:44 PM

Miami has no money for football. They get a check from the ACC, but that's all Title IX money. They have no stadium, no fans, and the biggest "alumn" for football is Luther Campbell. South Florida residents will tell you that Miami is a Pro-Sports town that is Northeastern in Character.

Also, Miami and South Florida does not really look to the SEC. To Miami, the NFL assistant coach pool is more ideal and desired.

Miami hires coaches like Al Golden from Temple for $400K per season. They are probably looking at a TE coach in Oklahoma. Or a current Special Teams coach with the Miami Dolphins, they can save on the Relocation Package. They are not going to punch up for an SEC coach. I bet Joe Moorehead is more a candidate than Kiffin, if JM is willing to coach for $500K per season.

It will be fun to see what happens. Will they splurge their ACC payout to be good in football again?

Manny is making $3,500,000 per year.

The Federalist Engineer
11-23-2021, 09:07 PM
Manny is making $3,500,000 per year.

Huge for them and possibly not exactly accurate, but still bottom quarter of SEC pay. They paid Mark Richt about 3. I'm not saying they can't pay, why Miami wrecks football is a basically an annual editorial topic at the Miami Herald.

PikeDawg15
11-23-2021, 09:10 PM
Huge for them and possibly not exactly accurate, but still bottom quarter of SEC pay. They paid Mark Richt about 3. I'm not saying they can't pay, why Miami wrecks football is a basically an annual editorial topic at the Miami Herald.

Well apparently they are majorly increasing their football spending.

I heard that they can pay around 5-6 million for a coach now

Cowbell
11-23-2021, 10:37 PM
Can't imagine an AD taking that chance because when Freeze screws up they both lose their job.

Most ADs don't make football coaching hires...

Catfish
11-23-2021, 10:39 PM
Most ADs don't make football coaching hires...

Doesn't matter, I'd still bet the AD goes down with him.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2021, 10:49 PM

Miami has plenty of money. Just their NFL guys is crazy money. Diaz was making $3.1MM and would be making $5MM had he won. New AD and no more education type leader to shut it down. Their endowment is double ours. So this , "they don't have money" BS fake news.

BeardoMSU
11-24-2021, 07:55 AM
Freeze gets extention at Liberty.

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 11:03 AM
Freeze gets extention at Liberty.

I think Sexton was told "Hell no!" one too many times on Freeze. He went all in for the TCU job. Hell, Texas Tech went with a guy that was once Mr. Texas High School Football and ZERO head coaching experience.

Maverick91
11-24-2021, 11:23 AM
I think Sexton was told "Hell no!" one too many times on Freeze. He went all in for the TCU job. Hell, Texas Tech went with a guy that was once Mr. Texas High School Football and ZERO head coaching experience.

Will Freezer burn ever get out of the dog house?

State82
11-24-2021, 11:54 AM

At $4,000,000 per, I wish I could find a doghouse to live in. Permanently.

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 11:59 AM

I think the NCAA has told ADs (when prompted) the full/true story behind escorts from Tampa. The ADs want no part of a guy that acted like Super Christian while knowing escorts were brought in for recruits.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2021, 12:03 PM
Why wouldn't Leach go to Miami? Super close to his home and apparently he loves Florida.

TrapGame
11-24-2021, 12:10 PM
Why wouldn't Leach go to Miami? Super close to his home and apparently he loves Florida.

If he was still coaching at Washington State, sure. He's two years into SEC play here with a true sophomore QB dropping dimes now. He wanted an SEC job. He's not leaving this program anytime soon.

Maverick91
11-24-2021, 12:18 PM
At $4,000,000 per, I wish I could find a doghouse to live in. Permanently.

lol

Maverick91
11-24-2021, 12:18 PM
I think the NCAA has told ADs (when prompted) the full/true story behind escorts from Tampa. The ADs want no part of a guy that acted like Super Christian while knowing escorts were brought in for recruits.

I get it!