PDA

View Full Version : Genius?

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:04 PM
If Billy Napier ends up at UF or another top job, does he look like a genius for staying where he was while being adored for seeming loyal and getting what he wanted without settling for a good job like MSU or OM and face criticism of our expectations while being too tied up to be considered for a top job?

Cooterpoot
11-22-2021, 04:08 PM
If he ends up at UF, Stricklin won't be far behind Dan IMO.

msstate7
11-22-2021, 04:08 PM
He woulda walked in a great spot for us in 2018. He might be at a blueblood this season if he took our job in 2018. I feel confident he woulda took us to a NY6 game

ETA... I'm an idiot. He wasn't in consideration in 2018 at all.

KOdawg1
11-22-2021, 04:11 PM
I can't read Napier. I don't know if he's been holding out for a big job, or if he's really just happy where he's at.

If this coaching change cycle passes and he's still at ULL, I think we'll have our answer.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:13 PM
Agree. I felt it was arrogance the way he acted when approached before, and that he?d lose his window, but it?s looking like he bet on him and has won, if he wants to move.

thf24
11-22-2021, 04:13 PM
I still think proven ace recruiter is going to be a top criterion for their next guy after dealing with Mullen, so I doubt they have a ton of interest in Napier. Same reason I have a hard time believing Kiffin is near the top of their board.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Finbaum.... I know.... but he said something that I've not heard mentioned. He basically said Napier's agent is putting his name out there for these jobs. Finbaum isn't so sure Napier is a top canidate at most of these jobs that he is named.

Edit to add: Sexton is Napier's agent.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:17 PM
I was sent a text to earlier saying SS is in Lafayette today on the UF private jet.

Pancho
11-22-2021, 04:18 PM
puck finebaum. I never watch his show and just reading what others say is plenty.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:19 PM
😂 😂😂😂
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-22-2021, 04:21 PM
I still think proven ace recruiter is going to be a top criterion for their next guy

Well that narrows the pool of candidates tremendously.

thf24
11-22-2021, 04:25 PM
Well that narrows the pool of candidates tremendously.

I don't necessarily think it'll happen for them, I just think it'll take them a minute to open their list up to a guy like Napier.

Maverick91
11-22-2021, 04:26 PM
I am not saying that he is going to be all world in recruited at Florida. but the past 4 years he has had the Cajuns number 1 in the sunbelt per 247. I think he would have them at a sustained 9-3 team, and if Florida can give him the support and time he could raise that over the next decade to be 10 win 11 win team if he just doesn't crap the bed in recruiting, I mean Mullen recruited like mullen and he averaged like 11th nationally, if billy can just put an hour more work in than Dan did he will move that needle down to top ten easy.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:29 PM
I tend to agree. I just am shocked at how he wouldn?t give us or OM the time of day and can go straight to a top job. To me, it?s kinda genius. Almost like he knew something we didn?t.

Cooterpoot
11-22-2021, 04:40 PM
I was sent a text to earlier saying SS is in Lafayette today on the UF private jet.

Fake news

RocketDawg
11-22-2021, 04:43 PM
I seriously doubt Florida will hire Napier. I don't think he's a fit there.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 04:46 PM
Fake news

I?m sure not everyone is as tied in as you, Queef, but that?s what I was texted. We shall see if it holds any validity.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2021, 04:47 PM
I never watch his show .

Me neither. He was on the espn college football podcast.

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 05:16 PM
I tend to agree. I just am shocked at how he wouldn?t give us or OM the time of day and can go straight to a top job. To me, it?s kinda genius. Almost like he knew something we didn?t.

Go kill yourself.

was21
11-22-2021, 05:21 PM
Resume' wise...Napier should be ready for a P5 job, but probably not top tier. He might be good for TCU or even Va Tech.

Tater
11-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Go kill yourself.

If you're setting up a petition to ban this no-source, no-substance know-it-all, I'll join.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 05:28 PM
Go kill yourself.

My, my, my. You are quite a sad, strange little guy. 😂

RiverCityDawg
11-22-2021, 05:31 PM
If Billy Napier ends up at UF or another top job, does he look like a genius for staying where he was while being adored for seeming loyal and getting what he wanted without settling for a good job like MSU or OM and face criticism of our expectations while being too tied up to be considered for a top job?

Considering Mullen just proved it's easier to win at State than Florida, I would say Napier is an idiot if that's his plan.***

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 05:31 PM
If you're setting up a petition to ban this no-source, no-substance know-it-all, I'll join.

Ah, ok. Just because I?m not part of the sunshine pumper parade, I should be banned, huh? Those of low intelligence often look to others for help in silencing those that challenge them because they?re unable to do it themselves.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 05:33 PM
Considering Mullen just proved it's easier to win at State than Florida, I would say Napier is an idiot if that's his plan.***

Why would you say that? Do you think Napier considers himself a lesser coach than Mullen?

ScoobaDawg
11-22-2021, 05:39 PM
Go kill yourself.

Dude... you seriously need to chill the f*ck off. Or just move along. You seem to have a serious issue.

Tater
11-22-2021, 05:54 PM
Ah, ok. Just because I?m not part of the sunshine pumper parade, I should be banned, huh? Those of low intelligence often look to others for help in silencing those that challenge them because they?re unable to do it themselves.

There's a difference between allowing open and equal discussion of differing opinions vs. allowing open and equal discussion of both objective fact and objective fiction. You don't platform blatant lies for the sake of free discussion. That's just stupid. People are who they surround themselves with. You and your 5 closest acquaintances are six people I personally would not want to ever hear from again. Good bye

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 06:08 PM
There's a difference between allowing open and equal discussion of differing opinions vs. allowing open and equal discussion of both objective fact and objective fiction. You don't platform blatant lies for the sake of free discussion. That's just stupid. People are who they surround themselves with. You and your 5 closest acquaintances are six people I personally would not want to ever hear from again. Good bye

What?s the lie, Tater tot?

parabrave
11-22-2021, 06:10 PM
I can't read Napier. I don't know if he's been holding out for a big job, or if he's really just happy where he's at.

If this coaching change cycle passes and he's still at ULL, I think we'll have our answer.

I was watching LSU football Sunday night and they were interviewing the LSU version of Rosebowl. He stated that Napier turned down MSU after mullen left and hs turned down other jobs as well. He also stated that Riley is the top choice they are going after with 100+ mill over 8 years.

dawgday166
11-22-2021, 06:16 PM
I was wondering where ole Bert Stare was with all the Napier speculations. Now I know.

bulldawg28
11-22-2021, 06:19 PM
I seriously doubt Florida will hire Napier. I don't think he's a fit there.

Agreed, if he's hired they've missed on others.

bulldawg28
11-22-2021, 06:21 PM
Resume' wise...Napier should be ready for a P5 job, but probably not top tier. He might be good for TCU or even Va Tech.

That would be his immediate fit imo.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Agreed, if he's hired they've missed on others.

This. I can't see the Florida faithful being happy hiring Danny 2.0.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 06:31 PM
That would be his immediate fit imo.

I?m not saying he?s a great fit at an upper level job, but you can bet he if he wants to move, it?s to a top tier job. Him not taking a mid level looks smart on his part if he gets what he?s looking for.

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 06:37 PM

I miss the enforcer.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 06:42 PM
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
I imagine that you do. 😂

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Dude... you seriously need to chill the f*ck off. Or just move along. You seem to have a serious issue.

Nothing serious, just don't like trolls trolling ED.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 06:47 PM
I?m not trolling ED, but I am trolling you. I attempted to be friendly with you early on, but you went pre teen girl type crazy the moment we disagreed, so I?ve been having lots of fun at your expense.

EliteDawgEnforcer
11-22-2021, 08:05 PM
I miss the enforcer.

Why.. He's not a bear. Stop your whining.

EliteDawgEnforcer
11-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Like button push ������������
I imagine that you do. ��

knock it off. you are acting like a a damn 16 year bouncing off the wall because you downed some speed.

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 08:19 PM
knock it off. you are acting like a a damn 16 year bouncing off the wall because you downed some speed.

I will concede that post was purposefully obnoxious, but he did come into the discussion asking for it and it wasn?t even that mean of a retort.

So, you?re the enforcer, huh? 😂 I dig it.

Tater
11-22-2021, 09:22 PM
Why.. He's not a bear. Stop your whining.

Damn sure doesn't act like a dawg

Dak Holliday
11-22-2021, 10:07 PM
Damn sure doesn't act like a dawg
Intelligence is the sign of a good Dawg, Tater tot. I know you?re not going to understand this, but logic and reasoning bring perspective to posts. We can?t all be emotionally driven fan boys like you.

Dak Holliday
11-23-2021, 08:38 PM
So, I?m hearing Napier is a done deal at UF. I guess we will see soon enough. Are the odds still up for betting in Vegas on the UF job?

bulldawg28
11-23-2021, 08:45 PM
This. I can't see the Florida faithful being happy hiring Danny 2.0.

Agreed

bulldawg28
11-23-2021, 08:46 PM
I?m not saying he?s a great fit at an upper level job, but you can bet he if he wants to move, it?s to a top tier job. Him not taking a mid level looks smart on his part if he gets what he?s looking for.

The question is what is he looking for?

BogeyGolfer
11-23-2021, 09:49 PM
From another thread, Florida really thinks Napier is going to come in and have them competing for National Championships within 2-3 year window????? lol?

Todd4State
11-24-2021, 02:15 AM
From another thread, Florida really thinks Napier is going to come in and have them competing for National Championships within 2-3 year window????? lol?

I do think that Napier is likely a better coach than Dan. He's definitely a better recruiter. Time will tell if he is Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer or another McElwain or Dan Mullen. Or Will Muschamp or Ron Zook.

Napier is from the Saban tree just like Kirby Smart. He has ULL set up sort of like a G5 version of Alabama as far as recruiting is concerned. So, if he can recruit like Smart which is what they would be hoping for I think there is a chance he could do very well there.

Dak Holliday
11-24-2021, 09:22 AM
I think Napier is intriguing. The longer he sits there dominating his area, the more I wonder what he can be. At this point, the build up is fairly suspenseful. Does he have what it takes to be great? Maybe. The ingredients are there. It?s kinda like finding an unopened pack of really old baseball cards that might have a Mickey Mantle rookie inside.

Dak Holliday
11-28-2021, 02:59 PM
Fake news

Really?
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-hires-louisianas-billy-napier-as-coach-gators-swipe-one-of-most-in-demand-names/amp/

Catfish
11-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Really?
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-hires-louisianas-billy-napier-as-coach-gators-swipe-one-of-most-in-demand-names/amp/

Good call.