PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin rumor

BeastMan
11-21-2021, 09:22 PM
Word is that an entity representing the interest of Florida had contact with an entity representing the interest of Lane Kiffin before Dan Mullen was fired. That search is still early but I thought that was interesting.

Dak Holliday
11-21-2021, 09:26 PM
Word is that an entity representing the interest of Florida had contact with an entity representing the interest of Lane Kiffin before Dan Mullen was fired. That search is still early but I thought that was interesting.

Very. I think Kiffin seems very UF and they see it, too. Maybe SS gets back in our good graces after all.

TrapGame
11-21-2021, 09:26 PM
I read a very similar rumor on the college football sub Reddit not too long ago. It seems Manny will survive for one more year at Miami.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
11-21-2021, 09:29 PM
I could easily see Kiffin at Florida. It?s really a no brainer that he will be at the very top of the list.

Todd4State
11-21-2021, 09:34 PM
It does make sense that they would contact Kiffin for interest. Florida's last coaching search was a debacle under Stricklin.

Turfdawg67
11-21-2021, 09:34 PM
That would be great! Kirby needs some competition in the East.

MaroonFlounder
11-21-2021, 10:07 PM
Kiffin to UF would be hilarious, but not necessarily a good thing for us. Lebby would be promoted and they would barely miss a beat offensively. He's a very good offensive mind.

BeastMan
11-21-2021, 10:10 PM
Kiffin to UF would be hilarious, but not necessarily a good thing for us. Lebby would be promoted and they would barely miss a beat offensively. He's a very good offensive mind.

I seriously doubt they promote Lebby in that situation. A G5 school passed on Lebby last off season

TrapGame
11-21-2021, 10:13 PM

Joe Moorhead was an offensive genius that sucked as a head coach. There is no guarantee Lebby will be a good head coach.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2021, 10:17 PM
I read a very similar rumor on the college football sub Reddit not too long ago. It seems Manny will survive for one more year at Miami.

We need Manny fired so we get K Rogers

Leroy Jenkins
11-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Dude wears a visor everyday because of Spurrier, of course he would go to UF.

Coach34
11-21-2021, 10:47 PM
I think Fla has a pretty good idea who their HC is going to be

Activated Alpha
11-21-2021, 10:50 PM

Care to elaborate oh cryptic one?

ShotgunDawg

Who?

Harrydawg

They don?t fire Mullen if they don?t have some positive feedback.

Coach34
11-21-2021, 11:01 PM
I'd be beyond surprised if they fired Mullen after the problems they had with the last coaching search without having a coach or two ready to sign. Foley is not a dumb person

calidawg
11-21-2021, 11:07 PM
I think it's all BS. Kiffin will be at OM for a while. He's already had the blue blood jobs. This is posturing for an even bigger raise.

Ezsoil
11-21-2021, 11:11 PM
I'd be beyond surprised if they fired Mullen after the problems they had with the last coaching search without having a coach or two ready to sign. Foley is not a dumb person

You lost me at "Foley is not a dumb person"

Tater
11-21-2021, 11:47 PM
You lost me at "Foley is not a dumb person"

That's where he lost you? Damn spare some faith for the rest of us to borrow

PGHBulldogBG
11-21-2021, 11:54 PM
I am not sure how I feel about Kiffin leaving. I am not sold on Kiffin and I have never have been. He walked into a good situation with Corral and the offense inherited. I would be much more nervous if after kiffin leaves they hire Clawson or Chadwell. I don?t want them hiring a coach that does more with less on a yearly basis. Kiffin mainly wins because he has a talent advantage not because he?s a great coach

DownwardDawg
11-21-2021, 11:56 PM
I am not sure how I feel about Kiffin leaving. I am not sold on Kiffin and I have never have been. He walked into a good situation with Corral and the offense inherited. I would be much more nervous if after kiffin leaves they hire Clawson or Chadwell. I don?t want them hiring a coach that does more with less on a yearly basis. Kiffin mainly wins because he has a talent advantage not because he?s a great coach

I'm the same about Kiffin. I'm actually really surprised at how well he's done. I guess it's Corral at QB maybe, or maybe Kiffin is better than I thought.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2021, 12:02 AM
I think it's all BS. Kiffin will be at OM for a while. He's already had the blue blood jobs. This is posturing for an even bigger raise.

Yep

Bothrops
11-22-2021, 12:54 AM
Yep

Very possible. Why go to Florida with the recent track record with coaches they've had..

DownwardDawg
11-22-2021, 01:19 AM
Very possible. Why go to Florida with the recent track record with coaches they've had..

Because head coaches don't think like that. They all think they are smarter and better than the rest.

Bothrops
11-22-2021, 01:26 AM
Because head coaches don't think like that. They all think they are smarter and better than the rest.

True, but a single moment of clarity is all it would take.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2021, 01:43 AM
True, but a single moment of clarity is all it would take.

I'm with you. It just hardly ever happens though.

bulldawg28
11-22-2021, 05:04 AM

I agree.

MetEdDawg
11-22-2021, 06:56 AM
Kiffin is all about his ego and his image.

Why would he not jump at the Florida job? Just look at his history.

And Florida better jump now because they might be having to fight Miami in a coaching search, plus they are already fighting USC and LSU.

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 07:24 AM

I agree but hiring a head coach is a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed. Look at the Moorhead hire. You also don't have consistency in recruiting. It hurts having coaching turnover.

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 07:26 AM

Yes just like how LSU and other blue bloods get 5* every year. Those guys think they'll go in and start/play early

Coursesuper
11-22-2021, 07:52 AM

This exactly, they have known which direction they were going to go for a few weeks now, Foley has to have been making back channel connections to gauge the interest of candidates after the last search blew up on them.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-22-2021, 07:58 AM

Exactly. That’s the way competitive people think. Just like Leach thinks his air raid works anywhere. I figure most folks are the same way in their job. I know I am. I can go take the same job I have now, at another place, and turn them around where others have failed.

msstatelp1
11-22-2021, 08:38 AM

You're talking about a guy that left TN after 1 year because he thought USC was a better job.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 08:43 AM
You're talking about a guy that left TN after 1 year because he thought USC was a better job.

I feel more confident in kiffin leaving than I am about the egg bowl by a lot.

he is gone

calidawg
11-22-2021, 08:54 AM

Kiffin has an ego, but it is not as big as it was before being canned on the tarmac at USC and then spending years at coaching rehab with Saban. He's got a good gig at OM and they're about to pay him 6 mil+ a year with a big buyout. I would be more surprised at him leaving than staying.

NWADAWG
11-22-2021, 08:54 AM

Coaches also think different from regular folks because their pay is structured different. If someone offered me a job paying crazy money AND I knew that if I got fired from that job in a couple years, I would still get several years salary and have other opportunities after I'm all in. In normal world when you get fired, you run on savings until you find your next job and that is the mindset we think in.

Example: If a person made $80k per year and was offered a job making $100k per year and was guaranteed $250k if you got fired, would said person be afraid to take the risk? Would it really matter to said person why the last guy got fired?

lastmajordog
11-22-2021, 09:08 AM
I’m think LK is a good coach. He reportedly was recently on the sideline watching Arch. It would not surprise me at all If he stayed, got a transfer qb for next year or two, then bring in the anointed one. Money is not an issue, not hard to come up with another faux class action lawsuit to pay for everybody and everything history shows. JMO.

basedog
11-22-2021, 09:11 AM
Kiffin is a good coach, he has won pretty much everywhere and he has the perfect demeanor and personality for the Gator job imo. His style is perfect with his ego and the Gator Nation ego.

It's a no brainer. I bet SS approves this message.

WhiskeyPirate
11-22-2021, 09:14 AM
You guys don’t know Kiffin. Of course if he’s offered the Florida job with the right amount of $$$ he is gone.

UF job > ole miss

Catfish
11-22-2021, 09:15 AM
Kiffin is a good coach, he has won pretty much everywhere and he has the perfect demeanor and personality for the Gator job imo. His style is perfect with his ego and the Gator Nation ego.

I think you're right. I think they've made contact through channels in order to fire Mullen when they did.

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 09:23 AM
You guys don’t know Kiffin. Of course if he’s offered the Florida job with the right amount of $$$ he is gone.

UF job > ole miss

Bingo.

Kiffin will be the next head coach of Florida if he's offered the job.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2021, 09:34 AM
I don't think Kiffin is a good enough recruiter to coach a blue blood.

Better fit at Miami

I don't think Florida makes much progress in recruiting under Kiffin

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 09:41 AM
I don't think Kiffin is a good enough recruiter to coach a blue blood.

Better fit at Miami

I don't think Florida makes much progress in recruiting under Kiffin

I think he'd be a better fit at Miami too, but it looks like Manny may get another year. Part of that is Miami doesn't want to be coach shopping at the same time as Florida. Then again just like our Joe Moorhead Saga the powers that be at Miami might decide to pull the trigger anyway.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 09:56 AM
I think he'd be a better fit at Miami too, but it looks like Manny may get another year. Part of that is Miami doesn't want to be coach shopping at the same time as Florida. Then again just like our Joe Moorhead Saga the powers that be at Miami might decide to pull the trigger anyway.

I have heard the rumor that Miami AD has been in contact with Kiffin personally about the job but that is a RUMOR, so you never know lol don't believe anything until it happens.

But I would be shocked if Kiffin was the head coach at Ole Miss next year with the amount of jobs open and the jobs that will be open

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 09:59 AM
I have heard the rumor that Miami AD has been in contact with Kiffin personally about the job but that is a RUMOR, so you never know lol don't believe anything until it happens.

But I would be shocked if Kiffin was the head coach at Ole Miss next year with the amount of jobs open and the jobs that will be open

The former AD for FAU is up for that spot. He and Kiffin are still good friends. I would not be surprised if his selling point is "I can bring Miami Lane Kiffin."

Things are going to get very interesting after this week.

BiscuitEater
11-22-2021, 10:03 AM

What makes you think Lebo doesn't go with Kiffin?

KOdawg1
11-22-2021, 10:09 AM
The fact that being the HC for OM > being the OC at Florida or wherever Kiffin goes

Dolphus Raymond
11-22-2021, 10:10 AM
A couple of my good friends are Ole Miss fans, and they are convinced LK is leaving. The angst among Ole Miss fans, according to them, is palpable. Of most concern to them is the negative impact this situation is having on recruiting. If LK is going to stay at Ole Miss, it would be prudent for him to issue a definitive statement saying so, or recruiting will implode.

TNDawg35
11-22-2021, 10:17 AM

Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn’t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won’t be with him next year. You can mark that down…

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I’m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain’t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He’s a giant douche, but he can play…

I don’t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain’t looking good for them…

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 10:30 AM
Coaches also think different from regular folks because their pay is structured different. If someone offered me a job paying crazy money AND I knew that if I got fired from that job in a couple years, I would still get several years salary and have other opportunities after I'm all in. In normal world when you get fired, you run on savings until you find your next job and that is the mindset we think in.

Example: If a person made $80k per year and was offered a job making $100k per year and was guaranteed $250k if you got fired, would said person be afraid to take the risk? Would it really matter to said person why the last guy got fired?

People are also forgetting Florida has no state income tax and two they can sign a coach beyond four years me making a potential buyout down the line so much more

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn’t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won’t be with him next year. You can mark that down…

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I’m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain’t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He’s a giant douche, but he can play…

I don’t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain’t looking good for them…

Did you forget about Matt Luke?

TheLostDawg
11-22-2021, 10:37 AM
A couple of my good friends are Ole Miss fans, and they are convinced LK is leaving. The angst among Ole Miss fans, according to them, is palpable. Of most concern to them is the negative impact this situation is having on recruiting. If LK is going to stay at Ole Miss, it would be prudent for him to issue a definitive statement saying so, or recruiting will implode.

Didn't Mullen say he wasn't leaving and left soon after?
And on top of that it caught the one time he actually came out and said he wasn't leaving.

Dawgology
11-22-2021, 10:43 AM
The funny thing is that Ole Miss is getting Mullen Karma. If Kiffin stays the job opening will be an issue every single season.

Coursesuper
11-22-2021, 10:52 AM
The funny thing is that Ole Miss is getting Mullen Karma. If Kiffin stays the job opening will be an issue every single season.

Yup, I hope they enjoy the ride.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 10:57 AM

took the words out of my mouth

Corral is a douche but the dude is a damn good football player and has carried the team on his back the whole season, he single handedly rushed for almost 200 yards and single handedly won them the Tennessee game, they are 9-2 right now and if they didn't have corral and altmeyer was QB, good lord they'd be 4-7.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 11:02 AM
Didn't Mullen say he wasn't leaving and left soon after?
And on top of that it caught the one time he actually came out and said he wasn't leaving.

Pretty sure around egg bowl 2017 he said he would be the coach at Mississippi State next year in a press conference then not 7 days later he was announced as Florida's head coach.

Nick Saban also said he would never be the head coach at Alabama.

If I'm kiffin this is the perfect time to lock up 8 million per year from TSUN because he is a cult of personality in that town and the boosters will let him **** their wives and daughters all he wants.

But he wont, he will be headed to the state of Florida before Christmas to celebrate FLIPMAS

Ole miss will be in a terrible spot with all the coaching turnover and will have to end up taking Lebby as head coach because with all the turnover they not getting clawson or napier ( napier already told them no pretty sure)

Once these big jobs get taken then other big jobs will open like Penn state.

BeastMan
11-22-2021, 11:28 AM
Speculation:

It is in the realm of possibility Lane’s people were contacted by Florida’s people before Mullen was fired and Miami is a smokescreen. Use Miami smokescreen to see what OM will bring to the table to keep him and use that with Florida. The one certainty is Lane is a about to get paid.

Maverick91
11-22-2021, 12:04 PM
I think it would be really stupid for Florida to actually hire Lane. Unless Lane actually sees Florida as his destination job and there is no way of knowing that. Also, Lane isn't a recruiter, that is the sole reason why Mullen isn't the coach right now, even if Mullen had slumped his way through the season if they had better talent the talent alone would have won him enough games to where they wouldn't have fired him.

confucius say
11-22-2021, 12:06 PM
This exactly, they have known which direction they were going to go for a few weeks now, Foley has to have been making back channel connections to gauge the interest of candidates after the last search blew up on them.

Every coaching hire foley has made the last 15 years has been a disaster. Not sure why they would even let him in the room.

Coursesuper
11-22-2021, 12:12 PM
Every coaching hire foley has made the last 15 years has been a disaster. Not sure why they would even let him in the room.

Because he is still the one making decisions at UF.

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 12:30 PM
If Kitten bolts after we whip his ass, will confeds chalk it up as HC Shopping around?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Catfish
11-22-2021, 12:34 PM
That's one of several excuses they will use.

confucius say
11-22-2021, 12:43 PM
Because he is still the one making decisions at UF.

Yea but I'm not sure why. Dude was a train wreck from 2007 to 2016. They should have put him out to pasture after the muschamp and mcelwain disasters.

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 12:46 PM
Ran across a rumor on another board early this morning. I saw it repeated on a separate board about five minutes ago.

OM has offered Lane Kiffin a raise and a contract extension. He has yet to sign it.

Coursesuper
11-22-2021, 12:54 PM
Yea but I'm not sure why. Dude was a train wreck from 2007 to 2016. They should have put him out to pasture after the muschamp and mcelwain disasters.

Like at all schools the guy with the $$$$$ make the calls and he is the conduit to those people. The guys with the huge horse farms in Ocala and the like.

PGHBulldogBG
11-22-2021, 01:19 PM
I think UF might be a bit hesitant to hire Kiffin due to his recruiting. I think they might worry it would be Mullen all over again. I bet UF goes for a top recruiter. Miami on the other hand is where I think Kiffin would get the offer and be a really good fit. He will keep them near the top of the ACC and possibly win it years clemson is down

Catfish
11-22-2021, 01:24 PM
Miami better hurry and make the call on Manny or they're going to lose out on several coaches.

FISHDAWG
11-22-2021, 01:30 PM
Miami better hurry and make the call on Manny or they're going to lose out on several coaches.

Too much competition for head coaches this year .... I think Manny lucks out with at least one more year just because of this

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2021, 01:44 PM
I think UF might be a bit hesitant to hire Kiffin due to his recruiting. I think they might worry it would be Mullen all over again. I bet UF goes for a top recruiter. Miami on the other hand is where I think Kiffin would get the offer and be a really good fit. He will keep them near the top of the ACC and possibly win it years clemson is down

James Franklin is the best hire if that's what Florida is looking for

Coach34
11-22-2021, 01:50 PM
Franklin is working hard to get the USC job

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 02:02 PM
Franklin is working hard to get the USC job

Yep, I read he had a total fallout with the Penn State administration. It was ugly.

basedog
11-22-2021, 02:28 PM
Yep, I read he had a total fallout with the Penn State administration. It was ugly.

Mullen to Penn State* It is said it's his dream job.

Maverick91
11-22-2021, 02:31 PM

Maybe he will recruit there.

Johnson85
11-22-2021, 02:45 PM

Because at one time, Florida won 4 out of 6 national championships in football and basketball over a 3 year period. I'm not sure Foley really did anything special at Florida overall, but a stretch like that buys people a lot of good will. Hell, people still defended Lonnie Tinkle just because he was at the helm when other people managed to overcome him and get MSU to climb out of the perpetual shitter.

NWADAWG
11-22-2021, 02:48 PM

At least the boys would get kissed and "loved on" by a coach's wife instead of a coach.

Catfish
11-22-2021, 02:54 PM
At least the boys would get kissed and "loved on" by a coach's wife instead of a coach.

LOL!!!! Post of the day!!!!

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2021, 03:03 PM
I would rather be Megan-ed than Sandusky-ed.

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 03:07 PM

Not funny

RougeDawg
11-22-2021, 03:11 PM
So I?m guessing the SS Napier has broken loose from its mooring and is now lost at sea? Funny how he went from a hot commodity a few years ago to no mentions at all. Maybe the reports of his arrogance and attitude during that cycle was true and is following him around. Maybe he and Don can hang out and talk about how each of them invented football.

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 03:15 PM
So I?m guessing the SS Napier has broken loose from its mooring and is now lost at sea? Funny how he went from a hot commodity a few years ago to no mentions at all. Maybe the reports of his arrogance and attitude during that cycle was true and is following him around. Maybe he and Don can hang out and talk about how each of them invented football.

7 just posted in another thread a screen caption from a website reporting that remaining Florida staff and players are all following Napier on Twitter now.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Ran across a rumor on another board early this morning. I saw it repeated on a separate board about five minutes ago.

OM has offered Lane Kiffin a raise and a contract extension. He has yet to sign it.

Cause when or lose his ass is gone

SteelCurtain74
11-22-2021, 03:47 PM
Here are the current odds from Vegas who the next coach will be:

Bob Stoops +400
Lane Kiffin +500
Billy Napier +600
Bill O’Brien +700
Matt Campbell +800
James Franklin +900
Mario Cristobal +1000
Mark Stoops +1200
Dave Clawson +1300
Luke Fickell +1500
Todd Monken +1800
Dan Quinn +2000

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2021, 05:00 PM

They would lose out anyway. They aren't what they were. In fact they never really were. They caught lightning in a bottle and managed to hold on to it longer than you usually can due to the aura and swag around the program. That stuff fit the times perfectly. That is gone, and they aren't likely to let it come back. Not the way it was the last time.

Johnson85
11-22-2021, 05:09 PM
They would lose out anyway. They aren't what they were. In fact they never really were. They caught lightning in a bottle and managed to hold on to it longer than you usually can due to the aura and swag around the program. That stuff fit the times perfectly. That is gone, and they aren't likely to let it come back. Not the way it was the last time.

The fact that they aren't what they were is why they should make sure they have discussions with Kiffen now. With his ties to South Florida, he is a coach they might can get. But if Kiffen starts talks with a real blue blood, his ties to south florida probably won't matter.

Of course, maybe they've already talked with Kiffen and that's why Manny is getting another year. If Kiffen isn't interested, they might as well wait until the blue bloods move so they can see what the pool of coaches looks like. Maybe even get some early signees in the boat before moving on.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 05:15 PM
Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn?t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won?t be with him next year. You can mark that down?

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I?m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain?t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He?s a giant douche, but he can play?

I don?t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain?t looking good for

them?

THIS

Corral is perfect for Lebby's offense but let's see how good his offense is when Corral is no longer running it.

Saltydog
11-22-2021, 07:08 PM
OVERRATED........

Saltydog
11-22-2021, 07:10 PM
He could easily be the next hc at Mississippi.......

WhiskeyPirate
11-22-2021, 07:19 PM
These guys look at rosters when taking or leaving a job. The fans always think it’s the coach but I’ve seen many a doofus inherit a great roster, win for a year or two and then dumpster fire the program.

Kiffin sees the cupboard getting bare for next year and there’s no reason for him to stick around and have a losing season.

Bob Stoops is not going to take a job as head coach IMO.

schddog72
11-22-2021, 07:21 PM

This - totally. But I would say this: UF better wrap him up quickly because when Miami opens up, Lane will be there faster than a speeding bullet.

WhiskeyPirate
11-22-2021, 08:04 PM
247 just posted an article ranking the top jobs based on recruiting potential.

#1. Florida with a history of top 5 classes.

#2 USC

#3. LSU

I don’t see how Kiffin turns it down if offered the gator job

lastmajordog
11-22-2021, 10:19 PM
d

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-23-2021, 07:40 AM
UF boards seem to think Napier is the front runner

WhiskeyPirate
11-23-2021, 08:20 AM
Napier would be a crazy gamble for UF to make in the fact that he’s not a proven coach like UF could normally get.

Kiffin and Napier both use sexton don’t they ? Hmmm,

TrapGame
11-23-2021, 09:27 AM
Napier would be a crazy gamble for UF to make in the fact that he’s not a proven coach like UF could normally get.

I think Kiffin wants Miami. Sexton is working on that behind the scenes.

Saltydog
11-23-2021, 09:58 AM
Napier won't make the UF fans happy. Good coach, yeah from all accounts but he's kinda like Mullen in a lot of ways. Not near as charismatic or appealing to the media as Kiffin. If they hired Napier, I'd give it a 3 on a 1-5 scale.

basedog
11-23-2021, 10:13 AM
If Napier gets the Florida Job, The Gator Nation will explode. Not a home run hire for that crazy fan base. I think he is a good coach; not sure he would have the charism needed for their needed fan base. I may be wrong.

Johnson85
11-23-2021, 10:41 AM

I think the allure of coaches like Napier is they don't have a clear ceiling. He's won as big as you can win at ULL, so they are thinking/hoping that with Florida's resources, he can be a NC coach. A lot of the more proven coaches that UF can get are going to be more like Mullen. Maybe more of a track record so you can feel better about the floor being high, but also probably enough information to prove that they're not the next Saban, which is of course the real metric of whether a coach is a good hire or not.