MaroonFlounder
11-21-2021, 10:30 PM
Cold and wet.

Bothrops
11-22-2021, 01:27 AM
30,000 people

msstate7
11-22-2021, 07:56 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/52tYwcnG/392-DD8-D1-984-F-49-FB-BF1-D-99-C0-CBE7-D27-E.jpg (https://postimg.cc/w7SjprKc)

Can't imagine rain is a good thing for us

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2021, 08:52 AM
Our fans looking for reasons not to attend the game or support our programs.... And then complain that we deserve better when we stink or the coach leaves

DWS half empty on Saturday & the Hump 3/4s empty on Sunday with winning teams.

KOdawg1
11-22-2021, 09:35 AM
Our fans looking for reasons not to attend the game or support our programs.... And then complain that we deserve better when we stink or the coach leaves

No one is looking for reasons to not come to the game. Literally all that has been said is there is a chance of rain. That's it. No one has said it's going to stop them from coming.

Damn Kang, you're on an emotional roll between here and Gene's Page. Stop being so sensitive.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 09:41 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/52tYwcnG/392-DD8-D1-984-F-49-FB-BF1-D-99-C0-CBE7-D27-E.jpg (https://postimg.cc/w7SjprKc)

Can't imagine rain is a good thing for us

not good. Not talking about the attendance either. I watched many Washington state games in the rain.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2021, 09:43 AM
No one is looking for reasons to not come to the game. Literally all that has been said is there is a chance of rain. That's it. No one has said it's going to stop them from coming.

Damn Kang, you're on an emotional roll between here and Gene's Page. Stop being so sensitive.

People will most certainly use this reason as a reason to not come. We're quickly regressing to the least supportive fan base in the SEC

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 09:46 AM
People will most certainly use this reason as a reason to not come. We're quickly regressing to the least supportive fan base in the SEC

ehhh, did you see Ole Miss's 6pm Matt corral finale??? probably 25k people with the #12 team in the country and the last home game of their "heisman" quarterback.

KOdawg1
11-22-2021, 09:49 AM
You're assuming that.

Far from the least supportive fanbase in the SEC. Idk why you're so emotional all of the sudden. It'll be okay.

PMDawg
11-22-2021, 09:50 AM

So you'll be there, right? Cause best I can tell, you're rarely, if ever, there in person.

Saltydog
11-22-2021, 10:08 AM
Better hope this weather outlook improves because it doesn't bode well for us at ALL and would help them tremendously.

PikeDawg15
11-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Better hope this weather outlook improves because it doesn't bode well for us at ALL and would help them tremendously.

Anyone wanna help put a roof on the stadium, I know a few guys

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 11:41 AM
NWS point forecast for Starkville has a 40% chance of rain with precipitation possibility of .03 inches of rain between 6 PM and midnight. Projected temperature at game time of 54 degrees and falling to around 50 by the end of the game with winds out of the NNW 6 to 8 miles mph. I would go with what the local says over the national sites every time.

msstate7
11-22-2021, 11:42 AM
NWS point forecast for Starkville has a 40% chance of rain with precipitation possibility of .03 inches of rain between 6 PM and midnight. Projected temperature at game of 54degrees and falling to around 50 by the end of the game with winds out odf the NNW 6 to 8 miles mph. I would go with what the local over the national sites every time.

That's much better

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 11:44 AM
That's much better

LOL 7 ... You didn't give me time to correct my spelling errors. :D

confucius say
11-22-2021, 11:48 AM
A wet field doesn't bother me against man.
But it worries me against zone. And I fully expect Mississippi to drop 8.

Hopefully any rain from earlier in the day drains quickly

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 11:53 AM
A wet field doesn't bother me against man.
But it worries me against zone. And I fully expect Mississippi to drop 8.

Hopefully any rain from earlier in the day drains quickly

NWS precipitation probability between 6AM and 6 PM is 0.13 with 0.12 of that being between noon and kick off.

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Rain actually helps a passing team.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2021, 11:57 AM
NWS precipitation probability between 6AM and 6 PM is 0.13 with 0.12 of that being between noon and kick off.

Yeah the forecast has changed and moved to earlier in the day and less rainfall than expected, so everything should be fine.

confucius say
11-22-2021, 12:02 PM

I've always felt this way too but thought about it in terms of man bc the wr knows where he is going and the defense does not and is this more susceptible to poor footing. Not as much against zone though imo bc the defender knows where he will be and is just waiting for receivers with their eyes in the backfield.

PMDawg
11-22-2021, 12:13 PM
I'll take the silence to mean the little fella complaining about attendance won't be attending.

confucius say
11-22-2021, 01:06 PM
I'll take the silence to mean the little fella complaining about attendance won't be attending.

Well I've been to every game but 1 (and my tickets were used by family then) and I've complained about it. Not so much vs TN State. But not being able to sell out vs KY, LSU, NC State, and Mississippi tells me we don't want to win badly enough as a collective fan base to show up and affect games.

BulldogDX55
11-22-2021, 01:09 PM
I've always felt this way too but thought about it in terms of man bc the wr knows where he is going and the defense does not and is this more susceptible to poor footing. Not as much against zone though imo bc the defender knows where he will be and is just waiting for receivers with their eyes in the backfield.

Yep! While it comes with the disadvantages of having a wet ball, the footing in knowing where you're going vs reacting is huge plus bull rushing defensive linemen and fast edge rushers can't push through as hard or hit the hard corners as effectively, and also pass blocking is easier in the rain than run blocking because for run blocking you can't get the traction you need to push folks out of the way.

PMDawg
11-22-2021, 01:44 PM
Well I've been to every game but 1 (and my tickets were used by family then) and I've complained about it. Not so much vs TN State. But not being able to sell out vs KY, LSU, NC State, and Mississippi tells me we don't want to win badly enough as a collective fan base to show up and affect games.

Well, you have every right to complain then. But someone who never attends in person does not.

Quaoarsking
11-22-2021, 03:06 PM

You shouldn't judge any fanbase on 2021 attendance due to the pandemic. Everybody is playing in front of some empty seats.

Jarius
11-22-2021, 03:43 PM

Statistically this is untrue.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2021, 05:05 PM

Yep. It could help the wr's because they know what routes they are going to run, but catching, throwing and hanging on to a wet ball? Nope

Liverpooldawg
11-22-2021, 05:11 PM

I am pretty involved with a HS team that used to sling it a lot. They always seemed to win bigger when it was raining. Everybody used say it would slow them down and other teams always wanted to play them in the rain. It never helped. Since they went more to a running game the rain really slows them down. I don't have any stats though, just perception over a long time closely watching.

ScoobaDawg
11-22-2021, 05:45 PM
Really think this is all being overthought. we are talking about maybe a 1/10 of an inch on the day and some sprinkles during the game (less than .05").

Jarius
11-22-2021, 06:02 PM
I am pretty involved with a HS team that used to sling it a lot. They always seemed to win bigger when it was raining. Everybody used say it would slow them down and other teams always wanted to play them in the rain. It never helped. Since they went more to a running game the rain really slows them down. I don't have any stats though, just perception over a long time closely watching.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-the-factors-week-12-2017

yjnkdawg
11-23-2021, 12:08 AM
Really think this is all being overthought. we are talking about maybe a 1/10 of an inch on the day and some sprinkles during the game (less than .05").

Yep