PDA

View Full Version : Little Sperrier

parabrave
11-21-2021, 12:59 PM
So will he be here next year or will he be at Florida as a asst OC under whoever is coach next year.

Santiago
11-21-2021, 01:48 PM
If they are hiring Napier, then it is totally Napier's show.

WhiskeyPirate
11-21-2021, 01:52 PM
Spurrier is pretty loyal to Leach I don’t see h8m going any where. He’s also a darned good recruiter/coach.

preachermatt83
11-21-2021, 01:59 PM
We don’t need to lose spurrier. Period.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2021, 02:36 PM

They aren't hiring Napier. Daddy Spurrier was at the game yesterday

parabrave
11-21-2021, 02:40 PM
Why is Napier brought up every year. Him and Clawson. If someone wanted him he would be coaching somewhere else by now.

TrapGame
11-21-2021, 02:41 PM
Steve Jr. is staying. He?s been with Leach a long time. They have a really good relationship.

Matt3467
11-21-2021, 03:10 PM
Anyone think theres any chance Spurrier Sr shows any interest at all in going for Leach?

Homedawg
11-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Steve Jr. is staying. He?s been with Leach a long time. They have a really good relationship.

I'm not saying he's going anywhere, but he hasn't been w leach long. 2 years at wsu and now his second year here. He was at Oklahoma as a ga when leach was there for a year.

parabrave
11-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Well everyone knows the old saying Money talks.

DAWG1903
11-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Anyone think theres any chance Spurrier Sr shows any interest at all in going for Leach?

No! Florida could have had Leach many times before but never offered or interested.

Catfish
11-21-2021, 06:27 PM

Never say Never!

PikeDawg15
11-21-2021, 06:58 PM

Leach would be the one to have no interest in Florida

He is building something at Mississippi and he is not a Mullen who hoes himself out for a new job

He hates the blue blood programs with a passion and if you read his book he hates elites like Spurrier who think they can tell him what to do and when to do it

He came to MSU because he wanted to prove that his offense could work in the SEC and MSU was a place that he could have free reign to do what he wanted.

Florida could not stand a 2 year install and go through what we did. Most people wanted him fired until he beat kentucky this year, can you imagine what it would be like at FLORIDA!!!

P.S The next head coach of the Florida GAYturs is Lane Kiffin

Dak Holliday
11-21-2021, 10:01 PM
Leach has a home in the Keyes. He has Spurrier Jr on staff. I think SS still follows MSU closely. I don?t think they will go after CML, but I wouldn?t bet against it, either. It?s crazy to think he would have no interest either. Florida likes the pass attack. They recruit well for it. There?s upside for him monetarily. Let?s just hope he?s not highly sought after by the right school.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2021, 10:19 PM
I wonder if Duke will make a run at Spurrier?

Leeshouldveflanked
11-21-2021, 10:33 PM
Kinda interesting timing that Spurrier Sr was in Starkville Saturday and Mullen fired the next day.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2021, 10:38 PM
Kinda interesting timing that Spurrier Sr was in Starkville Saturday and Mullen fired the next day.

Kind of like when a mob boss leaves town before a hit

DownwardDawg
11-21-2021, 10:55 PM

Hilarious. The meltdown from the fan base would be epic

DAWG1903
11-22-2021, 07:26 AM
I wonder if Duke will make a run at Spurrier?

Is Spurrier jr. interested in being a HC at this juncture in life? Not saying he doesn't want to be a HC but he has seven children from ages 16-3?? I wouldn't think he needs the money....I am sure Poppa Spurrier has all college costs covered for the grandchildren as well as some nice places to spend summers etc....

Again, he may be ready or maybe he would like to spend time with family and do those things that a HC could not do.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-22-2021, 08:01 AM
Kind of like when a mob boss leaves town before a hit
Thats what I was thinking.

Johnson85
11-22-2021, 09:43 AM
Leach has a home in the Keyes. He has Spurrier Jr on staff. I think SS still follows MSU closely. I don?t think they will go after CML, but I wouldn?t bet against it, either. It?s crazy to think he would have no interest either. Florida likes the pass attack. They recruit well for it. There?s upside for him monetarily. Let?s just hope he?s not highly sought after by the right school.

It would have been crazy to think he wouldn't have any interest when he was at WSU. He certainly could have interest now. But it's not crazy to think that at 60, he wants to go through a rebuild and deal with people calling for his head while he installs his offense. And FLorida fans would be just as unhappy with Leach's recruiting as they were with Dan's. Leach wanted to prove that his offense would work in the SEC. He can do that at MSU. Also, if he runs the air raid at MSU, which has had basically zero passing success in its history and is a have not as far as recruiting goes, that will be more validation for his system and his legacy than running off a string of NY6 bowls at Florida.

TrapGame
11-22-2021, 10:18 AM
It would have been crazy to think he wouldn't have any interest when he was at WSU. He certainly could have interest now. But it's not crazy to think that at 60, he wants to go through a rebuild and deal with people calling for his head while he installs his offense. And FLorida fans would be just as unhappy with Leach's recruiting as they were with Dan's. Leach wanted to prove that his offense would work in the SEC. He can do that at MSU. Also, if he runs the air raid at MSU, which has had basically zero passing success in its history and is a have not as far as recruiting goes, that will be more validation for his system and his legacy than running off a string of NY6 bowls at Florida.

This. All day long.

msstate7
11-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Why is Napier brought up every year. Him and Clawson. If someone wanted him he would be coaching somewhere else by now.

South Carolina and us wanted Napier, right?

OLJWales
11-22-2021, 10:51 AM
Don't like the "little" or the spelling in thread title. Or is this Spurrier Jr's accepted nickname?

msstatelp1
11-22-2021, 10:53 AM
Rumor was we wanted Napier but he wanted South Carolina IIRC

Johnson85
11-22-2021, 10:58 AM
South Carolina and us wanted Napier, right?

I think there is a real question of whether he is turning down all these jobs or whether he is rubbing people the wrong way. I suspect he has been approaching these jobs like Mullen approached Miami, and pissing people off before he actually gets an offer, but that if he had acted like he wanted the job rather than acting like they needed to blow him away to make him interested, he would have gotten an offer or two.

Jack Lambert
11-22-2021, 11:27 AM
Leach will retire from Miss State. He might be in line for the job when he does.