Hambone
11-21-2021, 10:26 AM
https://twitter.com/brianhadad/status/1462435783848214533?s=21

msstate7
11-21-2021, 10:46 AM
Like the over at 62.5

OLJWales
11-21-2021, 10:52 AM
Vegas wanting more money on STATE? Is this a bad sign for us?

Tater
11-21-2021, 11:08 AM
Like the over at 62.5

I'd say wait to bet until the weather picture is cleared up. Vegas is saying they think OM wins 33-30

With the way both teams have been playing lately I feel the under is the better possibility especially given bad weather. I'd love to see that number run up to almost 70 pregame and hit the under. A 7 point teaser if the line moves towards ole miss more than -3 makes me very comfortable teasing the under up and adding points to us.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2021, 11:40 AM
I'm amazed at how people still don't know how Vegas works.

They aren't PREDICTING OM to win, or saying they're the better team. They set the money line to balance the money on each side, ie make the average betters split 50/50.

OM is loved by the media, has a better record, and a better ranking. We have home field advantage, and only real CFB fans will know we're better than our record. Frankly, I'm surprised the spread isn't larger.

But again, the Vegas spread and total points is purely based on what Vegas thinks the BETTERS think of the 2 teams. It is not what Vegas thinks of the 2 teams

OLJWales
11-21-2021, 11:57 AM

They aren't PREDICTING OM to win, or saying they're the better team. They set the money line to balance the money on each side, ie make the average betters split 50/50.

OM is loved by the media, has a better record, and a better ranking. We have home field advantage, and only real CFB fans will know we're better than our record. Frankly, I'm surprised the spread isn't larger.

But again, the Vegas spread and total points is purely based on what Vegas thinks the BETTERS think of the 2 teams. It is not what Vegas thinks of the 2 teams

Thank you. Good post.

msudawglb
11-21-2021, 12:15 PM
Mississippi hasn?t scored more than 31 in their last 6 games. Two of which were against Liberty and Vandy. And only 2 games were on the road. At Tennessee, they scored 31 and at Auburn, they scored 20. If we are loud Thursday, we can shake them.

This game will come down to our offense. If we can protect Will, we win this game somewhat easy. If he?s getting pressured constantly, we lose. I say 38-27 good guys

parabrave
11-21-2021, 01:01 PM
Oh heck I'm taking that bet.

Sienfield
11-21-2021, 01:09 PM

What difference does it make? It's the same outcome weather Vegas is betting or Vegas is posting what all the other betters are betting. BTW the line is usually pretty accurate. Having said this I am not a better myself.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2021, 01:19 PM
What difference does it make? It's the same outcome weather Vegas is betting or Vegas is posting what all the other betters are betting. BTW the line is usually pretty accurate. Having said this I am not a better myself.

the line is usually "accurate" because if it WASN'T accurate some smart dude would write a predictive algorithm that is, use it to spot Vegas lines that are wrong, and clean house betting accordingly. Vegas lines have to be pretty close to accurate for that reason.

But, general trends of being accurate aside, they still need to balance the betting totals each game, else they lose money... So there is room to move the line in favor of the team that general bettors view highly.

Think of how Miami was ranked #14 preseason, despite doing nothing to earn it. If Vegas set the Miami opening line accurately, betters would go "But Miami is the #14 best team in the country! They'll do way better than that Vegas line implies" and load up on that side. SO even though Vegas probably knew Miami wasn't actually #14, they had to set the line as if they were because betters thought they were. Helmet ranking and bias has to be accounted for. Lines are accurate for 2 teams nobody gives a shit about, because media hype and helmet rankings don't bias the betters

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2021, 02:46 PM
We're -2 now at a few places. The OM -2 was badly off.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

WhiskeyPirate
11-21-2021, 02:54 PM
The lines are accurate also because we’ve got some corrupt officials on the take who make sure the final score falls in line with the oddsmakers IMO.

Nfl is ridiculous with this.

parabrave
11-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Checkout the Fl Flastate lines.

Hot Rock
11-21-2021, 03:09 PM
Mississippi hasn?t scored more than 31 in their last 6 games. Two of which were against Liberty and Vandy. And only 2 games were on the road. At Tennessee, they scored 31 and at Auburn, they scored 20. If we are loud Thursday, we can shake them.

This game will come down to our offense. If we can protect Will, we win this game somewhat easy. If he?s getting pressured constantly, we lose. I say 38-27 good guys

Do not underestimate Matt Corral and his running ability. He is supposedly healthy now, at least that's what is being said. He has not been running of late trying to get healthy. Their offense is completely different when he can run.