PDA

View Full Version : Wow - this guy is a coaching legend in Mississippi

Bo Darville
11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Doyle Wolverton resigns today for biting a girl in the face

http://www.newsms.fm/bite-face-famed-girls-basketball-coach-accused-assault/

Bo Darville
11-18-2013, 05:11 PM
He is second in the nation in high school girls basketball wins with over 1200 wins.

What is it about girls basketball coaches? Freeze coached girls basketball. If he bit you, you would die.

Coach34
11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
wow- shocking. He is an unusual guy- but he has had a machine in Leake County for a helluva long time. Hate to see him go out like that

Jack Lambert
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
The Leake Academy board is having a official meeting tonight to fire him.

Bo Darville
11-18-2013, 05:31 PM
The Leake Academy board is having a official meeting tonight to fire him.

Doubt that will happen. Word is Wolverton is/has resigned, which will save them the trouble.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 05:47 PM
he has resigned but I hope the girl is punished as well for her actions. If she talked to him the way it's said that she did then she is lucky that she wasn't picking herself up off the floor.

Martianlander
11-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Rumor has it he will be on Freeze's staff next year.

curmudgeon
11-18-2013, 07:24 PM
"If she talked to him the way it's said that she did then she is lucky that she wasn't picking herself up off the floor."

Are you kidding me? Its high school girl's basketball. That old pervert has hidden behind 35 win seasons for long enough.

Dawgfan77
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Yea I'm a LA grad and he is one crazy mother. SOB could coach some basketball. Really surprised he made it this long without going off dude is certifiable

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
"If she talked to him the way it's said that she did then she is lucky that she wasn't picking herself up off the floor."

Are you kidding me? Its high school girl's basketball. That old pervert has hidden behind 35 win seasons for long enough.

you sound like you know something the rest of us don't. I know doyle and I know he is aggressive and can be a little over the top but perverted is something I have never known him to be. Some spoiled little brat dog cussed him and he snapped. He should have had more control not doubt but to call him a pervert is inflammatory and stupid.

curmudgeon
11-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I know that guys that age coaching high school girls basketball isnt right.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 09:19 PM

hes been coaching there since he was in his twenties and if you knew how much they have paid him to keep him there you would know why he has been coaching girls basketball all these years.

Bo Darville
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Just because a guy is old and coaches girls basketball doesn't make him a pervert. My understanding is he was young and needed a job, so he took the job. He has been successful and has had no reason to leave. I can respect that.

Biting someone in the face is crazy though.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Just because a guy is old and coaches girls basketball doesn't make him a pervert. My understanding is he was young and needed a job, so he took the job. He has been successful and has had no reason to leave. I can respect that.

Biting someone in the face is crazy though.

exactly

Coach34
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
pervert? Shit I thought he was gay the first time I met him. Found out he was married though. I still wouldnt be surprised if he had male roommate in his later years

curmudgeon
11-18-2013, 10:38 PM
The fact that he is being defended because he won some Academy A basketball titles is insane. Anything short of throw this bastard in jail is unacceptable.

He bit a high school girl in the face. He didn't make her run too much, he didn't verbally abuse her, he didn't haze her - he physically assaulted a teenage girl. I hope he rots in prison.

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2013, 10:50 PM
He needs a snickers. He's just not himself when he's hungry.

preachermatt83
11-18-2013, 11:19 PM
He needs a snickers. He's just not himself when he's hungry.

hahaha!! That's funny!

Bo Darville
11-19-2013, 09:08 AM
The fact that he is being defended because he won some Academy A basketball titles is insane. Anything short of throw this bastard in jail is unacceptable.

He bit a high school girl in the face. He didn't make her run too much, he didn't verbally abuse her, he didn't haze her - he physically assaulted a teenage girl. I hope he rots in prison.\

I assure you that I am not defending what he did in any way, shape, form, or fashion. It doesn't take a genius to realize that biting a girl in the face is far over the line. I am simply saying that a man (any man) of that age coaching girls basketball does not have to equate to being a pervert. You lumped all male basketball coaches of that age throughout the world together as perverts. Use some common sense.

sandwolf
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
he has resigned but I hope the girl is punished as well for her actions. If she talked to him the way it's said that she did then she is lucky that she wasn't picking herself up off the floor.

You can't possibly be serious. First of all, it is safe to say that her getting bit in the face by a 50-something year old man pretty well covers the punishment, for anything she could have possibly said. Second, punishing the girl would do absolutely nothing other than bring a shit ton of bad press and ensure an immediate lawsuit.

curmudgeon
11-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Sorry, I just think its weird. Not as weird as men coaching softball, a sport that 99% of them never played.

Bo Darville
11-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I just think its weird. Not as weird as men coaching softball, a sport that 99% of them never played.

Lots of people coach things they never played. Lenny Wilkens coached basketball in the NBA despite never playing (this is a poke at Shaquille O'Neal).